Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Are Creed really... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Are Creed really...

xXCreedNXDfanxX
07-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Christians??!And r they a Christian band.I dont really think they r,bc i'm sure that they drink and stuff like that.:confused: :smokin: :dunno:

TeriB19
07-09-2003, 03:40 PM
No they are not a Christian band.

JulieCitySlicker
07-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by xXCreedNXDfanxX
Christians??!And r they a Christian band.I dont really think they r,bc i'm sure that they drink and stuff like that.:confused: :smokin: :dunno: Catholics drink but that doesn't mean they don't have spiritual standards;)

Higher_Desire
07-09-2003, 11:00 PM
They were all raised Christian, but don't like being called a Christian band. A lot of Stapp's lyrics come from his background in church and all his questions.

They also say that they have their own beliefs, but don't like or really believe in organized religion.

I read in a Creed interview (I think on vh1.com) that they like to unwind after a show by hanging with the fans in VIP, taking a shower, and drinking a beer.

H-D

facelessman
07-10-2003, 02:11 AM
No they are not a christian band. christian bands have God and Jesus written in theyre lyrics. Creed doenst do that.

xXCreedNXDfanxX
07-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I wonder why a lot of ppl say that then??

SCOTTSMYMAN
07-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Probably because alot of their lyrics are very spiritual. It doesn't mean though that they are a christian band

StrubesGuitar
07-10-2003, 08:05 PM
In the song Faceless Man, that whole song is about Christ. "His yoke is easy and his burden is light" is a description of Christ in the old testament, and Stapp is sayin that "next time i see this face i'll say, i choose to live for always, so won't u come inside, and never go away". He is sayin next time Christ is revealed to him, he will accept him into his life. Christ is a faceless man, no one knows what he looks like. Alotta people try to figure out what he did look like, like the blond hair, blue-eyed ones u see on billboards and stuff. But in truth, he looked Jewish, very arabic because he was from the country of Jordan. Other similar songs are My Own Prison, Unforgiven, Signs, and the rest are pretty obscure.

But Stapp says the band all believes in God, but the personal relationship thing he was vague about. I read a whole thing on it in USA WEEKEND, they did a whole article. It's not unChristian to drink, but we are told not to"get drunk on wine". It's all a matter of self control and limits. "A little wine is good for the stomach" says the apostle Paul.

hotforscott
07-10-2003, 08:11 PM
He does talk a lot about God in his lyrics and he does have a lot of verses that refer to the bible. Because of how he was raised and he is very knowledgble on the subject. They do believe in God, they have said that and I think they have made it clear that they want you to interpret the lyrics how you want. If you see the spiritual side, then that is wonderful, but they have never told anyone what to believe, their lyrics are taken in many different ways and that is how they like it. That is why they have such a wide fan base. I think that is why they don't like to be labeled as a certain "type" because they have never confirmed anything.

JenRN
07-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Exactely Carrie!:)

mel!ssa
07-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Hey, it's not completely evil to drink you know... :cheers: just to excess is not good... :drunk:

so yeah they might very well be christian, you can't say they're absolutely not cos they drink a bit!!!!

:angel: But no, not a Christian band, maybe cos that results in being categorised...

Bridge of Clay
07-11-2003, 10:10 AM
hmm... it seems melissa likes to get high! ;) lol! j/k

Unforgiven Fan
07-11-2003, 01:03 PM
creed is a christian spirtual band but they are not a christian band....and there is a difference..

The Lithium
07-12-2003, 04:57 AM
Flip:
"We are not a Christian band...we are NOT a
Christian band...we are not...we are not..."
~ on whether or not Creed is a Christian band

So nope, there are NOT!!!!

mel!ssa
07-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

Hey! I do not! :P i'll have you know i don't drink at all! Exactly how much do you drink Marcos? Huh? Huh? WHO'S ASKING THE QUESTIONS NOW?

mel!ssa
07-12-2003, 06:15 AM

Hey! I do not! :P i'll have you know i don't drink at all! Exactly how much do you drink Marcos? Huh? Huh? WHO'S ASKING THE QUESTIONS NOW? Muahahahaha!!!! :devil:

Aimee
07-12-2003, 06:35 PM
And don't forget that a "Christian" band tries to sell you on the idea of Christ. Creed's not selling God, they are questioning religion and asking spiritual questions. There is a big diff.

TeriB19
07-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Excellent point, Aimee!

"I cry out to God seeking only His decision, Gabriel stands and confirms I've created my own prison". -- Not saying we should all praise Him and do as He would have us do, but saying you make your own destiny, you control your own life. Christian bands would have you lift your hands to the Lord and do as He wishes and carry out His word. Creed does not preach that. You figure it out for yourself just as they say you interpret their lyrics as you think they are.

StappsSaviour
07-12-2003, 09:49 PM
that is totally true

and wot is also true is wot Hottforscott is saying
u can have your own personal interpretations of each song
it may not always b the same as other ppls but wot u believe has importance

and no, Creed is not a chrostian band altho they do believe in the lord Jesus and his father, God.

but yea

Bridge of Clay
07-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by mel!ssa
Hey!  I do not! :P  i'll have you know i don't drink at all!  Exactly how much do you drink Marcos?  Huh?  Huh?  WHO'S ASKING THE QUESTIONS NOW? Muahahahaha!!!!    :devil:

hehehe LOL!

what a sweet post! :P

but hey: :devil: = not nice, girl! Iīd rather you were an :angel:

;)

And for the record, I donīt drink either. Although once I tried a tequila drink! hehehehe and I kinda liked it! But I didnīt have it again ever since.... :cool: :bounce:

xXCreedNXDfanxX
07-14-2003, 12:08 PM
So,please explain to me the difference.Cos I dont really get it.It seems that all their songs have something to do with God.

Aimee
07-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Here's the difference...
If you are trying to talk your friend into eating some raw oysters, you would go on and on about all the good things like they're yummy or they feel great sliding down your throat or they're an aphrodisiac. Your friend may never eat raw oysters, but you love them, so you are going to keep trying to get them to try at least one. That's like trying to sell a certain belief. BUT your friend might come back and say, yeah, they smell good on that plate, but they look nasty. Or he'd say he would like to try one but he's heard that they could cause food poisoning. Now that's questioning your firmly held belief, right? So let's say your friend DOES try one and loves them but has an allergic reaction. He writes a love poem to Oysters that goes something like this...

Oh raw oysters, you're so fine.
I love you more than red red wine.
But when I eat you, every time,
I blow up like a whale in brine.
So watch out all you oyster lovers
cuz oysters made me turn to blubber.
Now I've had what I can't live without,
but eating them could give me gout.

Or something like that.
NOW that's an idea that makes ME go hmmm...
Maybe I should try oysters because this guy did and he really liked them. But in his experience, he became allergic. Wonder if that will happen to me? He talking about oysters in his poem, but he's not shoving them down my throat (like you were literally doing), but he's made me curious about the experience. It's questioning the yumminess of oysters, not saying that everyone should eat them.
Maybe this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Oh well, I tried.

hotforscott
07-14-2003, 07:55 PM
:clap:

That's a great way to explain it, Aimee. I like the poem, too. LOL!
I am crackin' up over here. :)

TeriB19
07-14-2003, 09:11 PM
That was fantastic, Aimee!! Excellent analogy, and now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or horny.;)

hotforscott
07-14-2003, 09:16 PM
LMAO, Teri.

mel!ssa
07-15-2003, 03:48 AM
hehehe LOL!

what a sweet post! :P

but hey: :devil: = not nice, girl! Iīd rather you were an :angel:  

;)

Sorry.

:angel:

Is that better? :P

I'm a good girl, really... ;)

xXCreedNXDfanxX
07-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Ok,u totally lost me!!!!Heheheheh.

alive_in_Jesus
07-23-2003, 11:46 PM
Like the band members say, there are different things you can interpret from their lyrics. I personally, have found many of their songs spiritual...infact, God used their music to bring me closer to Him....but I think that there is a mixure of stuff in their lyrics....

Also, a lot of groups do not want to be labeled as a 'Christian Group' so that they will get non-christians to listen to their music as well....I don't think it is Creed's intent however, but who knows. Its just something to keep in mind.

ZION1010
07-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Indeed they do not for jesus came to save that which was lost if they labled there self as achristian band there music could have proably not reached that which was lost I do know this gods anointing is upon creed IF it had not been for the song sacrafice and how it touched me I mite have not been typing this rite now hes words did fly and the came wright to me and their thay have stayed.

Samuel
07-25-2003, 10:55 AM
I know in Sacrafice he`s talking about being reunited with Jesus after he almost killed himself in the song before,One last breath.Like me,I think he was a prodical son of the faith,and is just happy to return to his family.

TeriB19
07-25-2003, 02:16 PM
Ok, this thread just got a little too deep for me.

Lechium
07-25-2003, 04:19 PM
I dont know about deep, but it does sound like whole lotta nonsence, said by people who see Jesus & Co. everywhere they look.
"hey Bob look at that bird!"
"that's not a bird, that's a sign from Jesus!"

Samuel
07-25-2003, 04:38 PM
Lechium you let your love of ignorance guide you,because you have allowed yourself to be blinded from the truth.I hope you decide let go of your will and allow the Lord Jesus to release you from your prison.Amen!

Lechium
07-25-2003, 04:44 PM
"Love of ignorance" = being open-minded?
"truth" = what YOU THINK is truth?

you are too absolute, too dogmatic.
and it's not me who's in prison -- I can accept possibility of Christianity being right. Can you accept possibility of say Bhuddism being the truth?
I'm free, while you're chained to your book.

Samuel
07-25-2003, 10:57 PM
Why so much hate then.Your bound by something that you have no control over.They never let you accept the facts about Jesus if you have noticed.And also they feed you lies by what you hear in your mind.If you can read the Bible read 2 Corinthians 3:14 -17.

Lechium
07-25-2003, 11:44 PM
Hate? In me?
When was the last time I did anythign hateful to anyone?
I like to fuck around, I like to poke and make fun of people sometimes, but that's about it.
Matter of fact many "hate free" Christians would fucking disown their kid if he/she turns gay, while if that happens to my kid I wouldnt care less I'm sure.

ZION1010
07-26-2003, 12:30 AM
I did not know .that this was the issue.with the song sacrafice.the melodie is was caught me first .before I had really listen to the lyrics it brought me peace at the time when peace was no more . one night Iwas home a lone as always .iwas looking around the house.for something to end it all with.then I said self. id really like to hear the little creed song rite now. I turned on aSatlite raido and there IT was from the start.

Samuel
07-26-2003, 12:02 PM
See I was saved when I was a kid but like Scott my mother made me study the Word take notes in church and so forth.So I really thought religion was boring and no fun.But Jesus is not about religion He is about a personal relationship with you.Now I had my wayward times 6 years away from church and the Bible anything Christian.I got caught up in a lot of perversion while I was out in the world.And just recently I have came back,and you know what Jesus never left me I left him but he was still there when I was going through all of this and he accepted me back into his family.Because of his perfect love he died on the cross for me and allowed me to be free again from bondage which was addiction.I said hello to him again and cried because he is the supreme Sacrafice.See in the Old Testament times people had to have daily sacrafices to God for their sins say a lamb or a dove.But they were not perfect,when Jesus came to live on this earth he lived a perfect life without sin so therefore he was the perfect sacrafice to God for all sins past,present,and future.All you have to do is believe that he did all of this for you and you shall be saved. John 3:16 in the Bible.Thank you and God bless.

StappsSaviour
07-26-2003, 08:23 PM
so, wot youz are sayin about my Sacrifice, is that the song is about Jesus???
i get a totally different meanin to that song aye...
i have never look at My Sacrifice like that b4
i dont think its about Jesus, or woteva
but yea
idk

ZION1010
07-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Our they a Christian Band ?Thats What People Wants to know Let me see if ican shed somelight on the subject First of all you got to ask your self what is achristian Somebodey that follows the law of christ theres not to many proclaming Christians doing that today ..there is nothing new under the sun today that has not been before... Jesus said to the Pharies I did not come to break the law of moses Tho it had been broke over n over Again so I tell you Now Jesus is Pouring out his Sprit on the last of his Children Just like he said he would First shall be last and last shall be first ....god moves throu this band They Give hope to the hopeless ...Some people Dont get it when they dont lable themeselfs ...as my self theese our the last of days And gods calling who he wants for what he wants.....

s.floridagirl
07-31-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ZION1010
...god moves throu this band They Give hope to the hopeless .....

I hear that!!;)

RMadd
08-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Creed's lyrics make no specific reference to Jesus at all. It seems to me that MOP (the song) comes the closest to doing so ("A lion roars in the darkness/ Only he holds the key/ A light to free me from my burden/ And grant me life eternally"). Faceless Man sort of does, but the description of the object of the song is ambiguous. Many of Creed's songs are like this in that the lyrics provide no clear separation of Christianity from other religions. I work w/ a guy who has complained that, though he likes Creed, he wishes they would admit they are a Christian band. But I agree w/ Stapp when he says that Christian bands have a specific agenda in bringing others to Christ; Creed has no such agenda. I don't even think Scott is an enlightened Christian; I feel that he, instead, is merely very insightful and introspective when he writes. They have many songs that could well be labeled "Christian", but the same could be argued for Disturbed (I've nothing against them; their CD's, as you may well know, have explicit lyrics, though).

ZION1010
08-05-2003, 11:03 PM
THANK YOU SAM WERE EVER YOU OUR I PRAY THE LORD HAS KEPT YOU

ZION1010
08-05-2003, 11:13 PM
GY

Samuel
08-06-2003, 01:34 PM
I hope God still loves me Zion.Continue to pray for me,you and as many other people and Jesus Himself as possible.Thank you and God bless all I hope that all will come to know Him Amen!

ZION1010
08-06-2003, 03:37 PM
JESUS ROCKS LOVE YA SAM YOUR ZION

Torn Signs
08-08-2003, 01:38 PM
I'll answer this normally, I think they are a very good band that plays what they feel. They are probably Christians themselves, but that doesn't mean the band is or isn't, it's the same w/ their lyrics, understand it/interpret(sp error) as you will.

Julbright
08-08-2003, 02:04 PM
BearFan Says: Faceless Man sort of does, but the description of the object of the song is ambiguous.

I disagree about Faceless Man - I think there are too many lyrics that could be interpretted as about Christ that you can't deny it has to do with that -

Next time I see this face - I'll say - I choose to live for always - so won't you come inside - and never go away?

Sure sounds to me like someone asking Christ into their heart and choosing eternal life.

Because I have never had a conversation with Scott and he will never tell, I can't be certain, but I would bet a lot of money on it

Kim V.
08-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
<b>In the song Faceless Man, that whole song is about Christ. "His yoke is easy and his burden is light" is a description of Christ in the old testament, and Stapp is sayin that "next time i see this face i'll say, i choose to live for always, so won't u come inside, and never go away". He is sayin next time Christ is revealed to him, he will accept him into his life. Christ is a faceless man, no one knows what he looks like. Alotta people try to figure out what he did look like, like the blond hair, blue-eyed ones u see on billboards and stuff. But in truth, he looked Jewish, very arabic because he was from the country of Jordan. &nbsp;Other similar songs are My Own Prison, Unforgiven, Signs, and the rest are pretty obscure.

&nbsp; &nbsp; But Stapp says the band all believes in God, but the personal relationship thing he was vague about. I read a whole thing on it in USA WEEKEND, they did a whole article. It's not unChristian to drink, but we are told not to"get drunk on wine". It's all a matter of self control and limits. "A little wine is good for the stomach" says the apostle Paul. </b>

I'm not one to push about what lyrics mean, or push my spirituality on people (believe me!) but I do sense alot of spirituality in Creed's music. I believe Lynda Stapp (Scott's mom) hit the nail on the head when she said he touches more lives as a rock star than most evangelists (Behind the Music).

In the song Faceless Man, I'd have to disagree that the faceless man is Jesus, though, only because Stapp sings,"Lord I stand AGAINST the Faceless Man". But I agree that it is a very spiritual song, with many spiritual references, such as "His yoke is easy and His burden is light", and also "Next time I see this face, I'll say I choose to live for always, so won't you come inside and never go away", inviting Jesus into your heart to have eternal life. I think "Say I" can also be a spiritual song, as can My Sacrifice. I could go on and on....

Also, some Christians drink a little; I like to have wine probably a few times a week, but I don't get drunk.:angel: