Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
4th of July celebrations! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July celebrations!

JenRN
07-03-2003, 01:55 PM
For those of us that celebrate, what are you going to do?:dancing:

I myself have to work, but only until 3:30 so I have the evening to do something. I probably will go here in my town to see the fireworks and hopefully eat some great food! I have my flags out and all my red white and blue decorations in my house out! It is a big deal for me, and ALWAYS has been. I was going to find the pic of me when I was a little girl at the beach on the 4th of July with all red white and blue on and my flag, but could not find it, it is at my parents! I have always loved the 4th! :cool: Whatever you lovely Americans do ENJOY!:dancing:

JulieCitySlicker
07-03-2003, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet:confused: Hopefully something

Mulletman
07-03-2003, 02:45 PM
i dont feel like going any with alot of people... i think i will just settle with a small community celebration by the lake.

TeriB19
07-03-2003, 06:27 PM
I'm working til 5:30, coming home and I think our neighbors are barbecuing. Then we'll try the fireworks by the lake. The kids are a little scared of the fireworks but swear this year they'll be brave! They want to go so we'll give it a try.

Sheila63
07-03-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm planning on going to my parent's house for a barbecue and then I hope to go see some fireworks. I currently have a flag that my boss got all of us after 9/11 up at my desk at work and I have red, white and blue ribbons hanging from my rearview mirror in my car. The flag and ribbons have been displayed for over a year now. They're reminders to me of how grateful I am for my freedom and to be living in this country.:)

I wish everyone a Happy, Healthy 4th of July and Enjoy!!!:bounce: :bounce:

JenRN
07-03-2003, 06:48 PM
If I did not have to work all weekend I would go to DC for the REAL show!!! It is a HUGE deal, but along with the big deal is big traffic and millions of people!:mad: I hate big crowds I really do! I will stick with my hometown fireworks this year. Maybe next year I will wonder in DC and stay at a posh hotel and watch the fireworks!:dunno:

TeriB19
07-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Jen, here's a tip. We stayed at the Mariott at 13th and Pennsylvania Ave. and had a beautiful view of the White House, the Washington Monument and the whole city! It was a little pricey but well worth it. We were there for the Marine Corps. Marathon in October.

hotforscott
07-03-2003, 06:52 PM
We are going to Daniel's sister's house about 1 in the afternoon for a cookout, kind of an all day thing, the kids are gonna swim, I get off work at noon and then I will head to the store for the things I need and we'll head over to her house. We will go from there to the Firework show on the River. It will be tons of fun. I cannot wait.

JenRN
07-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Remember the movie "Doc Hollywood" with Michael J Fox? The town I live in is similiar to that, a good old fashioned southern town with a local parade etc... and all the southern tea you can drink. I love it really, I am in the country yet so close to major towns would not have it any other way!:)

Sheila63
07-03-2003, 06:59 PM
That sounds great, Jen. It reminds me of the time I lived on the 2nd floor of a two family house and every year, a parade would go right by the house. I just had to go and sit out on my front step. It was great!!

hotforscott
07-03-2003, 07:21 PM
I loved that movie Doc Hollywood. What a great little town. Plus you have to love the Southern Iced Tea. I LOVE tea, there is a sandwich place here that has the best tea (around here anyway - when it comes to resturaunts.) and they even sell it by the gallon.
Sounds like you had a neat place to live when you were little Sheila, I love remembering neat things about my childhood.

hayley
07-03-2003, 07:24 PM
You guys sound like you have so much fun with the 4th Of July...fireworks, awesome! :P

Yay for America! :party: :party2: :party2: :party:

Is that where that poem thing comes from, it's about an elephant or something jumping over a fence and not coming back until the 4th of July...:dunno: :eye:

hotforscott
07-03-2003, 07:28 PM
LMAO, Hayley. I haven't thought about that song in a long time. It was more of a song that you did a clap routine thing, too. Rather then a poem. I am sure people do it differently, but that is too funny. I haven't thought abut that in awhile. 4th of July is a great day, Independence is something that I am very thankful for and I am truely greatful to all of the people who gave me that right.

hayley
07-03-2003, 07:36 PM
I see...:D

I don't know why I remembered that. :embarass:

But you guys sound like you have tonns of fun with your family and friends on this day, and of course, it is a very important day. :P Long live America!!! :thumbsup:

(We need an American flag on here)

Leader of Men
07-03-2003, 07:47 PM
We are going to set fire to innocent bistanders...

I mean... I'm having some friends out for Smores and Fireworks

hotforscott
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
LMFAO! :)

hayley
07-03-2003, 08:08 PM
That's quite mean...but funny....fireworks are very dangerous....but so much fun.

My mum is terrified of them :(

JenRN
07-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Yeah one thing about working on the fourth of july for me, means seeing all kinds of jack-ass teenagers come in through the ER who "think" they are cool and play with fireworks:rolleyes: Yeah they are not too cool sitting in the ER with 2nd and 3rd degree burns! :eek: They seem to forget the scars are forever!:rolleyes:

hotforscott
07-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Yikes, I thought he was just kidding. Surely he really knows the danger of fireworks. I watch them, I don't actually do the firework thing. I am too afraid of that.

Higher_Desire
07-03-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm going to sit around at home on my butt, and maybe watch Independence Day starring Will Smith, and watch the fireworks from the Space Needle on TV. That's about it. I'd get my own fireworks, but they're way too expensive. Especially since I don't have a job right now.

H-D

marlsy
07-03-2003, 11:07 PM
I will be up on Big Bear Mountain here in California where my in-laws live. We are going to BBQ, ride their horses and go watch fireworks over the lake!! Happy 4th to all of you!!!!! :P

Leader of Men
07-03-2003, 11:10 PM
These are nothing too big, not like the fireworks people shoot off at the shows...

GeeK_2004
07-04-2003, 01:14 AM
I dont think ill be doin' anything....

:crying:

Leader of Men
07-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by GeeK_2004
I dont think ill be doin' anything....

:crying:
Stop by my house and watch us start stuff on fire:)

Weathered
07-04-2003, 01:37 AM
im going up to my g/fs house for the day and then later her family and us are going out on lake wallanpapack (sp?) in their boat to watch the fireworks....actually shes not my g/f yet.....im gunna ask her out during the fireworks ...anyway happy 4th to you all....hope you all have fun!

JenRN
07-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
I will be up on Big Bear Mountain here in California where my in-laws live.  We are going to BBQ, ride their horses and go watch fireworks over the lake!!  Happy 4th to all of  you!!!!!  :P
That sounds so great wish I could go!:(

Sheila63
07-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Me too, watching fireworks over the lake sounds very cool.:)

TeriB19
07-05-2003, 10:35 PM
We just got back from watching the fireworks over our Lake Lenape. I went with my girls, my neigbor and his boys and we had a great time!! Both my girls were worried about being afraid of the noise, but they relaxed and really enjoyed their first fireworks display. Beautiful!

JenRN
07-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you had fun Teri! I missed seeing fireworks this year, had to work all weekend:( Oh well the holiday pay is nice though!;)

hotforscott
07-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Oh, I hate that you missed being able to see the fireworks, Jen.
I worked until 1 and then we headed to Daniel's sister's and ate and the kids swam ALL day. We shot fireworks and then went and saw the show by the river and when we got back to his sister's, the kids wanted to spend the night, so we got to go home and they slept over there with their cousins and I was able to sleep in and pick them up this afternoon. It was a nice holiday. Plus it's been forever since Daniel and I have had a night alone. LOL. We watched Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis, VERY good movie.