Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
My truck has a tape player now [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : My truck has a tape player now

Higher_Desire
07-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah. I've had my truck for about 2 years now, and I finally got a tape player! :dancing:

It didn't have anything, but it had a spot where one could go (or so I thought). It has an amazing radio with great reception (for a Delco), but anyway, I'm getting off track. My dad got a new tape player radio for his van since his sucked, and he has a CD player he can hook up to it, and he still had the old radio. I wanted to try to put the tape player into my truck, and when I finally got his radio taken apart and the player out, it wouldn't fit in mine because where it would go had a big hunk of metal there. So I thought I'd change the frontplates where the metal was. That didn't work so well. I figured I'd have to wait longer. Then I had the brilliant idea to install his old one in my truck, but I didn't want the crappy reception. So I rebuilt (put back together) his and mine, and hooked his up to where mine was. I'm amazed I put it back together right and it still worked. :P So I went for a drive, and the reception was the same as with my radio! So I installed that one and it works great! I was going to get a new one a few months ago with a check my Grandpa sent me, but it got spent on other stuff. So now I have a well working radio with tape player in my truck, and I can buy a thing to use my CD player in it!

H-D

Dogstar
07-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Very cool, HD. Nothing like hearing your favorite tunes while mobile. ROCK ON!

hayley
07-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Nice, style my friend, that's cool.

Mind if you take me for a test drive? ;) :lol:

Higher_Desire
07-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Now I gotta buy MOP, HC, and W Casette tapes! Some music store should have them.

H-D

hayley
07-01-2003, 08:30 PM
My stereo is pretty crap and I can only play tapes, but the sound still comes out awesome, if we were living in the same country I would copy them for you but we don't.

Sheila63
07-01-2003, 08:35 PM
That's awesome, Colin!! I'm with Dogstar, there's nothing like cruising around listening to your favorite tunes!! I bring my portable cd player with me all the time. If you have a portable player it probably came with a cassette tape to plug into the cd playe so that you can listen to your cds without having to buy MOP, HC and Weather on cassette.

Higher_Desire
07-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I wanted to buy a thing to do that to my portable, but then I don't get to buy more Creed stuff, and I use the player for other stuff, like when I go to the gym and stuff. Toting it around would be too much hastle.

H-D

Sheila63
07-01-2003, 08:47 PM
I understand what you saying. I'm always toting mine around.

JenRN
07-02-2003, 12:05 AM
Gosh I remember my first tape player way back in 1988 in my 1977 Monte Carlo!!! That is such a fun thing, gosh that brings back memories........ ENJOY!:D

PaulMcCoygirl
07-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Cool, at least you can listen to music while driving now, that's the most important thing! :P