Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Slim_Fast diet??? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Slim_Fast diet???

HigherGirl
06-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey all!!!!
Was wondering if anyone here tried the Slim Fast diet before?
a few of my co-workers have tried it and some lost 2 pounds only while others have lost up to 30!!! I was thinking on trying it because I'd like to lose around 20 pounds..so If anyone has any helpful info, I'd appreciate it!!!

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!! :)

Dogstar
06-29-2003, 05:07 PM
I don't know anybody who tried it and was successful. One person I know stuck with it for three weeks and lost six pounds. I tried it for a week once, but I was too dang hungry. I hardly lost anything, either. One meal a day just doesn't cut it for me.

JenRN
06-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Well I am a BIG advocate of eating "in moderation" Slim fast does not teach you how to eat properly!!! The problem with America is PORTION CONTROL!!!!!! People eat way too much food! After learning about my thyroid disorder and realizing that I have to watch every damn thing that goes into my mouth due to a shitty metabolism.... I have gained a whole new apprecition of portions!!! I am trying to limit my portion controls and I joined the gym in April, I love working out I have noticed a big difference in how I feel! So do I think Slim fast works NO!!!! It is only a "quick fix"!

CollectiveSoul
06-29-2003, 05:43 PM
anorexia is the way to go!

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 05:44 PM
I agree with Jen and Dogstar;) I tried doing the shakes and they don't last as long as a real meal would, It just made me even more hungry:embarass: I think its all about cutting your portions like Jen said and to be more active and drink plenty of water;)and eat more healthy things.

JenRN
06-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by CollectiveSoul
anorexia is the way to go!
Hmmmm that is not funny!:mad:

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by CollectiveSoul
anorexia is the way to go! Ya. If you wanna kill yourself:rolleyes:

JenRN
06-29-2003, 05:49 PM
I don't take things like that too lightly! There are things to joke about and things to not joke about and that is one!!! I had a good friend that almost died from anorexia!!!! Maybe is men/boys in this damn world did not judge a woman soley on her looks it would not be a damn epidemic!:grr: Seems we have a lot of "Shallow Hals" on here:rolleyes:

hayley
06-29-2003, 05:49 PM
I think diets are pathetic, and there are easier ways to loosing weight.

I am happy with my weight at the moment, even though I do a little work out every night, just to keep my exersice up. All you need to do is not stop eating, DO NOT DO THAT, but just cut down on the size of your meals and cut out the junk/fatty foods, exersice regulary, and you will loose the kgs in no time. :)

And drink lots of water.

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>I don't take things like that too lightly! &nbsp;There are things to joke about and things to not joke about and that is one!!! &nbsp;I had a good friend that almost died from anorexia!!!! &nbsp;Maybe is men/boys in this damn world did not judge a woman soley on her looks it would not be a damn epidemic!:grr: &nbsp; Seems we have a lot of "Shallow Hals" on here:rolleyes: </b> I agree Jen! Some guys just live to make women selfconscience:rolleyes: :mad:

JenRN
06-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I agree Jen! Some guys just live to make women selfconscience:rolleyes: :mad:
I guess it is a matter of maturity Julie!:rolleyes:

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 06:00 PM
You got that right Jen;)

hayley
06-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Some guys can be bastards...but not all guys are like that, most of them, but over the last year and a half i've been out with 3 guys, :rolleyes: And 2 of them were serious...but only 1 of those 2 guys loved me for who I was and didn't feel embarrassed or whatever when he was with me, he loved me for who I was, and I loved him for that. :P The other guy well we won't talk about him:( :rolleyes: And the other one, well we only went out for about 3 weeks, it was just abit of fun.

Guys are confusing :D

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Hayley, That is great that you had a relationship with a guy who loved you for you:P What a great memory to have:angel:I'll bet he made you feel like a princess!

Dogstar
06-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
Guys are confusing :D

LMAO! Ain't THAT the truth...I'm post-40 and I still haven't figured 'em out :D...

Jen, you are right, moderation is the key. Portion control in our country is out of control. I mean, sheesh, you can get all your calories for the day and then some in one trip to McDonald's with all that supersize crap! And it IS crap!

Exercise and drinking water are also good ways to keep your weight in check.

hayley
06-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Did you know, that McDonalds is less fatty than Kentucky Fried Chicken? :eek:

Julie, yeah he was a sweetie, and he did make me feel like a princess, :) But then things went downhill, as I had feelings for another guy....:( Which I couldn't stop them...

Yes Dogstar, I don't think any gal has figured out guys, and I don't think we EVER will! :rolleyes:

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Aww! That stinks Hayley:(

hayley
06-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I felt really bad that I had to let him go like that, but I mean the feelings I had for the other guy were really really strong, and he was my actual first proper love...we went out for 6 weeks...:(and it was really special, but he was one of those guys who was...I don't know how I should put it, but like embarrassed sorta to hold my hand in public or whatever, that hurt, but I didn't "dump" him because I loved him too much to let him go, so I gave him all of these chances, and he kept on hurting and hurting me, it got too much so I let him go, but yeah he was my first true love. :)

Love hurts ya know? :crying: Hmm...

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Aww! I'm sorry Hayley:( :crying: :( :crying: I've never had a real true love:rolleyes: :P

hayley
06-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks, I'm alright, but during that time that I was with him, I was so depressed and so hurt, and when I look back on it I still am kinda....:(

You will have a real true love Julie, you just have to wait;)

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Ya. Now that is something I can wait for...it will be worth the wait. I know that:)I have only had one boyfriend in my 24 years living and he wasn't even a true love;) He turned out to be a real jerk to:mad:

hayley
06-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh that sucks....:( Sorry, Julie. :crying:

It's funny to think like who I will get married to, and who (IF) I will have children with.

I was talking to my Grandma once about marrige, and she said "They just pop up out of the blue" I wonder if that is true, or if I will marry somone that I will have known for AGGGGGGES:dunno:

:wub:

Sheila63
06-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>I don't take things like that too lightly! &nbsp;There are things to joke about and things to not joke about and that is one!!! &nbsp;I had a good friend that almost died from anorexia!!!! &nbsp;Maybe is men/boys in this damn world did not judge a woman soley on her looks it would not be a damn epidemic!:grr: &nbsp; Seems we have a lot of "Shallow Hals" on here:rolleyes: </b>

I know what you mean, Jen. I did lose a friend about 5 years ago due to anorexia. It's nothing to fool around with. I agree with the rest of you, portion control and exercise are the answer. Not that it's easy, I'm trying to work on those two things myself.

As for understanding men, I think you're right, Hayley - we'll never figure them out just like they'll never figure us out.:P You're right, love does hurt sometimes. I have some fond memories of my first love. He made me feel beautiful and special.:D But then things changed and his behavior made me feel differently about him.:( :crying:

Mulletman
06-29-2003, 07:00 PM
subway....

...i shit you not, i lost ~ 50 - 60 lbs in about 6 months eating nothing but subway and 100 sit-ups a day. thats it, no shakes, no pills, no weights (unfortuantely) nothing else...

oh yea.... you do know that diet pills make yer hips bigger? my aunts all tried pills and they got my cousin to do it too. they have a small stomach, no butt, and HUGE hips. ive seen this on other people as well.

and oh yea... ephedra wont kill ya... if you use it right. you do know these pills comes with instructions... if you follow them you will not die... and ephedra isnt for everyone, its for heavy workouts. yer suppose to have a strenious workout for about 2 months before you take these pills... i took em and im still alive........sorta....

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 07:02 PM
I know I will never figure guys out at all:rolleyes: I was treated very bad by the guys I went to highschool with and then after that I haven't let any guy get that close to me, maybe that is why I have been single for 6 years and I have only had one boyfriend in my whole life. Just remembering how I was treated in the past makes me not want to go through it again:(

hayley
06-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Everytime I see that Subway add with Jarred on it and they are going on about how he lost all of this weight, i've never believed it, but here is living proof that Subway does work! :eek:

I would do it, only eat Subway, if those damn sandwhiches weren't so freaking expensive :mad:

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
subway....

...i shit you not, i lost ~ 50 - 60 lbs in about 6 months eating nothing but subway and 100 sit-ups a day. thats it, no shakes, no pills, no weights (unfortuantely) nothing else...

oh yea.... you do know that diet pills make yer hips bigger? my aunts all tried pills and they got my cousin to do it too. they have a small stomach, no butt, and HUGE hips. ive seen this on other people as well.

and oh yea... ephedra wont kill ya... if you use it right. you do know these pills comes with instructions... if you follow them you will not die... and ephedra isnt for everyone, its for heavy workouts. yer suppose to have a strenious workout for about 2 months before you take these pills... i took em and im still alive........sorta....

I took diet pills with ephedra for a long time to Mullet before I knew it could be harmful. I followed the directions everytime and it still gave me body aches and made me light headed all the time and dizzy:eek: So I quit taking pills with ephedra in them. Congrats on your success with Subway:dancing:

hayley
06-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh Julie, that is horrible, i'm so sorry. :(

It's just so confusing, I mean why do guys have to be so damn awful sometimes?

But like Shelia said, they can't figure us out either, so really, we are just as bad as each other! :lol: :female: :male:

Dogstar
06-29-2003, 07:07 PM
I don't think I could do the Subway thing...too boring.

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 07:09 PM
I think I could do Subway...if I had a job and could afford it:rolleyes:

hayley
06-29-2003, 07:12 PM
I've only ever had Subway about twice before, but those sandwhiches are so goood! There are so many to choose from, I don't think I could get bored of it...:dunno:

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 07:15 PM
The sweet onion chicken Teryaki one is awesome especially on the honey oat bread:P

HigherGirl
06-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Yeah...Subway is good, but the problem is affording it every day...Thanks for everyones opinions, I don't think I wanna go the Slim Fast route, I think portion control and watching what you eat is a better route to go, along w/excercise & water!! I can't see me starving myself all day long drinking a shake... :(

JulieCitySlicker
06-29-2003, 07:28 PM
Good choice Higher Girl:P Them shakes really are not filling at all:rolleyes: I tried doing it and I was hungry a halk hour after drinking the shake, they really don't cut the mustard:angel:

Mulletman
06-29-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I took diet pills with ephedra for a long time to Mullet before I knew it could be harmful. I followed the directions everytime and it still gave me body aches and made me light headed all the time and dizzy:eek: &nbsp;So I quit taking pills with ephedra in them. Congrats on your success with Subway:dancing:

ephedra is herbal speed... so if all you did is take them and NOT do a single bit of hard, strenious excersize... that should of happened alot more

3.50 for a sandwich isnt alot.

and the reason MD is less fatty than kfc and all those places is because its not real meat.

TeriB19
06-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Subway sandwiches, IMO, suck. I've had several different sandwiches from several different Subways around the region and they all had one thing in common. They all sucked. I'd lose a ton of weight if I did the Subway diet because I'd starve to death. The rest of my crew are absolutely right, portion control, exercise, drinking water and staying active are the keys. Not drinking 2 - 8 ounce cups of chocolate milk and one meal a day.

hayley
06-29-2003, 09:18 PM

It is when you have one every day...it would add up.

HigherGirl
06-29-2003, 10:17 PM
thats sooo true AddictedtoStapp..

It comes out to about 98.00 a month for Subway,everyday...
Hmmm...pay my bills or eat Subway??

hayley
06-29-2003, 10:23 PM
PAY YOUR BILLS....;)

HigherGirl
06-29-2003, 11:12 PM
:D

GeeK_2004
06-30-2003, 12:10 AM
i had tried the Slim fast diet...DID NOT WORK !!!

My fav. subway sandwich is the steack and cheese !!!

JenRN
06-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Ephedra is VERY BAD for you! No matter is you follow directions or not, it can be lethal. Even in small doses as a nurse I have seen it cause major cardiac abnormalities in so many young people, and it sometimes does not show up until later. Don't mess with it, it is bad stuff!:eek:

GeeK_2004
06-30-2003, 12:27 PM
A few mths. ago I was thinkin about buyin some Ephedra-free diet pills...But my momma wouldnt let me buy any...

Dogstar
06-30-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm not an advocate of any kind of diet pill, either. For most of us, and I emphasize most as there are people who need other kinds of help, a simple regimen of eating less and moving more usually works. Sometimes it seems people want an easy way out. But the weight didn't come on overnight and won't come off overnight. It does take some work.

JenRN
06-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I'm not an advocate of any kind of diet pill, either. For most of us, and I emphasize most as there are people who need other kinds of help, a simple regimen of eating less and moving more usually works. Sometimes it seems people want an easy way out. But the weight didn't come on overnight and won't come off overnight. It does take some work.
You are sooooo right!:P

JulieCitySlicker
06-30-2003, 02:02 PM
ephedra is herbal speed... so if all you did is take them and NOT do a single bit of hard, strenious excersize... that should of happened alot more

and the reason MD is less fatty than kfc and all those places is because its not real meat. I took them when I was cleaning at hotels;) and If that isn't considered strenious then I don't know what is:eek: :D