Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
experiment [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : experiment

facelessman
06-15-2003, 01:16 AM
I know a few creed haters. as an experiment, i took a section of a creed song, usually the guitar solo in sell my pity for a dime or stand here with me, and i let the creed haters listen to it. when they are finished listening to it, every time, they are always like "man thats so awesome, who is that" then i tell them it is creed and then they are like "oh" and they feel really stupid. you guys should try it if you want to make a creed hater look stupid.

Lechium
06-15-2003, 01:27 AM
I heard these solos.
They're mediocre at best

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
I heard these solos.
They're mediocre at best

uh huh... :rolleyes:

Lechium
06-15-2003, 02:09 AM
2facelessman: what happened to comment about my mom? I was about to reply it, but guess you chickened out, and deleted it. Good job, kid.

Rune
06-15-2003, 02:38 AM
you call it mediocre, i call it tasteful.

Putting a 2 minute all shred solo in a song doesn't make the band. I respect a guitarist for knowing when NOT to shred then doing it just to show off.

Flame away lech

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 02:43 AM
Solos are not the only skill a guitarist can have, either.... duh. One of Mark's amazing abilities is his fantastic performance during "normal" play. Check out the Alcatraz video of My Sacrifice and especiially What If and you'll see what I mean.

He carries that huge sound as if there were two guitarists, and his style is very distinctive.

Solos are just icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

tremonti.net
06-15-2003, 02:56 AM
Err...
While the SHWM and PFAD solos don't take much skill/talent for a guitarist to play...it does take a whole lot of talent/imagination to write.
And to write those huge solos that are so "tasteful" (as Rune said) and melodic yet cool, is amazing.
________
Volcano Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES (http://accesoriesipad.com/)

Lechium
06-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Rune
you call it mediocre, i call it tasteful.

Putting a 2 minute all shred solo in a song doesn't make the band.  I respect a guitarist for knowing when NOT to shred then doing it just to show off.

Flame away lech

all shred?
I'm not too much into guitar business, so could you please explain that?

P.S. taste is a matter of oppinion. some people call Limp Bizkit tasteful.

Steve
06-15-2003, 03:18 AM
Just a note: I deleted that post you mentioned Lech.

Lechium
06-15-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Steve
Just a note: I deleted that post you mentioned Lech.
you ruined my fun, man lol

hayley
06-15-2003, 04:13 AM
Facelessman, that's actually quite good, I might do that to some of the Creed haters in my class sometime.

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 04:17 AM
Heck, for most "Creed haters," all you have to do is play a good Creed song other than WAWO, Higher and My Sacrifice and they'll like it.

Play What If, play Bound and Tied, play Unforgiven, play Torn (the house of blues version, CD version blows), play Say I...

I think one reason people get around to "hating" Creed is because they hear the songs so dang much. Heck, even I got sick of Higher at one point.... lol.

hayley
06-15-2003, 04:22 AM
How could you ever get sick of Higher? Dude that is the song that GOT me into Creed. :D

Na with Creed haters it doesn't work like that, I mean they will know that it is Creed as soon as Stapp starts singing, they won't even give the song a damn chance:(

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by addicted2stapp
How could you ever get sick of Higher? Dude that is the song that GOT me into Creed. :D

Na with Creed haters it doesn't work like that, I mean they will know that it is Creed as soon as Stapp starts singing, they won't even give the song a damn chance:(

Higher is a good song, but if you hear it over and over and over, I don't care who you are, you're going to get sick of it after awhile. Be realistic!

But hey, it's a great song. I first got into Creed when I was channel surfing and ran into a low-budget video on MTV2 taken directly from Creed's performance at House of Blues in Florida. Torn! Now that's a great song too... that's what got me interested in Creed, and ever since I've been a die-hard fan.

hayley
06-15-2003, 04:30 AM
I am being realistic, and that's just my opinion, I could never ever get sick of Higher.

Yeah Torn is an awesome song, very deep, touching lyrics. Up there in the top 5 on MOP for me:D

I've been a Creed fan since 1999, but i've just become obsessed middle of last year...even though some people say it's not a good thing to be as obsessed with a band as I am, (friends, family, ect.) But, at least it is a healthy obsession, not like gambling or anything. :P

That was a little off subject there, lol.

Said Eyes
06-15-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by velocityidp
...ran into a low-budget video on MTV2 taken directly from Creed's performance at House of Blues in Florida...
There's a VIDEO of this? Must. Get. This. Video. It's now my life's ambition.

Not really, but it'd be really fucking awesome to watch.

Sheila63
06-15-2003, 12:57 PM
....He carries that huge sound as if there were two guitarists, and his style is very distinctive.

I said the same thing to a friend of mine the other day. Mark has a unque style that amazes me sometimes.:tremonti: :jam:

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Said Eyes
There's a VIDEO of this? Must. Get. This. Video. It's now my life's ambition.

Not really, but it'd be really fucking awesome to watch.

Yeah... it's been out for a long time. Great video & performance.... that live version totally blows away teir crappy recorded version.

JenRN
06-15-2003, 06:31 PM
I want the video version too!!!!!!!:crying:

Sheila63
06-15-2003, 06:35 PM
I would love the video too!! I downloaded the concert onto a cd and it's one of my favorites!!:dancing:

velocityidp
06-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
I want the video version too!!!!!!!:crying:

If someone is willing to host it, I'll upload it for you guys... :)

JenRN
06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
If someone is willing to host it, I'll upload it for you guys... :)
Really?:kiss:

Said Eyes
06-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Oh jesus christ get this man some hosting... Gade?

mommydutson
06-22-2003, 01:14 AM
it is quite obvious you have not heard mark really play much if you were to research and hear not just the "cd versions" of his playing and his solos but his range and his styling and skill you would not say such things the wawo riff he added all i can say is ::thud:: you can oly dream of ever being this good