Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Lots of Kurt Cobain stuff going around... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Kurt Cobain stuff going around...

creedfaner
10-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Kurt is going to be featured in this weeks Newsweek, there was an article in the newspaper i get about him, and there is a book about his journal coming out Nov. 4. Not to meantion the new Nirvana CD coming out Oct. 29 (??).

All i can say is...Why is all this Cobain stuff coming out now? I dont have a problem with it, Nirvana is awesome...one of my favorite bands. Its weird how all of this is coming out now.

Dogstar
10-25-2002, 04:16 PM
The Newsweek article talks about the upcoming book on the diaries, which were were sold by David Vigliano, who represented Kurt Cobain's estate. A lot of the diary info was in a book that came out last year called Heavier Than Heaven, a bio on Cobain written by a music journalist from Seattle.

Read JDM
10-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Well, it's just all coming together now, and a lot of it also has to do with the fact that the legal hurdles between Courtney Love and Dave Grohl/Krist Novecelic (hope I got the spelling right on that last one... it's been a long, long time) were finally cleared just a few months ago.

I read how lots of the journal is written from the perspective that he imagined it'd be published after he was dead.

Mulletman
10-25-2002, 08:49 PM
well when it comes to kurt cobain its all good.

Dogstar
10-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
Well, it's just all coming together now, and a lot of it also has to do with the fact that the legal hurdles between Courtney Love and Dave Grohl/Krist Novecelic (hope I got the spelling right on that last one... it's been a long, long time) were finally cleared just a few months ago.  

I read how lots of the journal is written from the perspective that he imagined it'd be published after he was dead.

Yeah, he had a real love-hate thing with his career. He wanted success but not all the stuff that came with it.

Mulletman
10-26-2002, 04:13 PM
yea it was really sad...

Dogstar
10-26-2002, 06:24 PM
Yeah. My radio station is celebrating the upcoming release with a Nirvana weekend. They've been playing some clips of the band's interviews over the years along with Nirvana blocks. I bum out when I hear him talking. So sad. They were hitting their stride where they could have done whatever they heck they wanted. Such a sad tale.

creedfaner
10-27-2002, 12:36 AM
I ordered the new CD today...I'm getting a free poster with it. :rockon:

Mulletman
10-28-2002, 10:17 PM
the worst part is how he died.... he could of alteast chosen a different way....

Bridge of Clay
10-29-2002, 02:05 PM
yeah...
have you listened to "you know youīre right", Nirvanaīs "new" song?
itīs gonna be released in this album...
itīs getting a lot of airplay here, it sounds good but annoying...

Mulletman
10-29-2002, 02:22 PM
its grown on me, its too short though...

Dogstar
10-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>yeah...
have you listened to "you know youīre right", Nirvanaīs "new" song?
itīs gonna be released in this album...
itīs getting a lot of airplay here, it sounds good but annoying... </b>

Why annoying?

Bridge of Clay
10-30-2002, 07:56 PM
I donīt know... maybe coz I liked the verse part better than the chorus...

Dogstar
10-30-2002, 11:18 PM
I think the chorus is cool. One long wail of "Pain". Very effective, I think.