Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
St Anger! m/ [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : St Anger! m/

Weathered
06-06-2003, 09:52 PM
hey guys.......anybody pick it up yet? got it tonight and so far it kicks a lot of ass....ill post a review when the cd is over

Dogstar
06-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Yes, I've listened to it once so far, and I like it. Not as good as the early stuff, but at least it harkens back to those days. I didn't like much of the Load/Reload stuff...No Hammett solos, though :(, which is a bummer. Still, it's pretty rockin'.

JenRN
06-06-2003, 10:11 PM
I bought it today, have not listened to it yet. I am looking forward to the DVD too!:rockout:

Weathered
06-06-2003, 10:48 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH lars snare drum gets soooooooooooo annoying at times......but the music rules.......right now im on song 7......shoot me again......so far besides frantic its my favorite song on the cd

Bridge of Clay
06-06-2003, 11:31 PM
I only heard St Anger a couple times. Itīs not that bad, itīs... different. There are parts like it seems a rapper or Linkin Park will kick in for a duet... maybe itīs just me...

I need to listen to it again... before I judge it

Steve
06-06-2003, 11:36 PM
Personally I think it sucks. I won't be buying it. I heard 5 of the songs on the radio yesterday and they were awful. I'll just download it ;)

Bridge of Clay
06-06-2003, 11:40 PM
:angel: No, Steve! Thatīs wrong! :angel:

:lol:

Weathered
06-06-2003, 11:53 PM
i heard people say it had some hip hoppish type singing o nit........it doesnt at all ......i have no idea where they got t hat from........but its def. their heaviest album

Unforgiven Fan
06-07-2003, 12:43 PM
I think they album is overall awesome...the lyrics are just great, I do not mind Kirk not soloing and the tones of the songs and guitars would make solos sound awful anyway. Lar's drumming though, is bad like the snare drum....

Weathered
06-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Lars doesnt do ANY fills on the cd.......thats what pissed me off.....and he even beat out joey jordison of slipknot for best metal drummer in Modern Drummer......ah well

Lechium
06-07-2003, 06:19 PM
2Weathered: how can he be anywhere clsoe to best drummer... He's is horrible! It's a known fact that it takes him tonns of takes to get simple beat in studio, and even after all this time in studio, when you listen to theri stuff drumming is very simplistic and uninspired.

luvscott4ever
06-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Steve
Personally I think it sucks. I won't be buying it. I heard 5 of the songs on the radio yesterday and they were awful. I'll just download it ;)

I think I'll do the same...I want to hear more of it b4 I spend any money on it...So far, the more I hear the song St. Anger, the more I don't like it...I'm thinking it's the way James is singing..It just doesn't sound right to me...I so totally love the Black Album and the way he sings in that one, that I just can't get into St Anger:confused: