Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Nirvana [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Nirvana

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Nirvana's greatest hits CD comes out October 29th. I grew tired of them long ago but I'm really looking forward to this compilation. If you haven't heard the b-side, "You Know You're Right," that they're including on this record, check it out... it's awesome!

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 11:52 PM
The only song by them I really liked was "Smells Like Teen Spirit"... I couldn't get into their heroine induced lyrics... sorry if I offend any Nirvana fans out there. It's just to me their lyrics seems to have been written while high on heroine or coming off the high into a horrible low from the heroine. *shrugs* it's just not my cup of tea I guess... which reminds me... I need a refill on my chamomile tea.

PaulMcCoygirl
10-23-2002, 02:59 AM
Smells Like Teen Spirit will alway be my fave! :D

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 03:33 AM
I love You Know You're Right. It's got a great groove. I have reserved my copy of the compilation and I have never grown tired of them. They are one of my favorite bands. Pennyroyal Tea is one of my favorite songs, but there are so many.

Read JDM
10-23-2002, 11:22 AM
The reason I grew tired of Nirvana is because 92.3 is the only NY station I've listened to for years and years now, and they played out Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Rage Against The Machine and Soundgarden to the point where I started to hate all of them. I've softened on Nirvana and Soundgarden especially, because 92.3 started to play them a lot less than they used to -- they couldn't've timed it any better, since they brought along "You Know You're Right" just as I was getting into Nirvana again, and since I'm liking Soundgarden and Rage again just in time for Audioslave. But as for Pearl Jam, 92.3 turned them from one of my favorite bands to one of my least favorites. Honestly, I try not to let overplay ruin my opinion of a band, but this station still plays songs off of Ten as if the album just came out two months ago. We're talking songs from Ten almost every hour. It's enough already. People don't get excited when they hear Black or Alive anymore. The radio stations need to cool it and stop ruining music sometimes. That's the same reason I was sour on Higher and WAWO for awhile, and it's not fair.

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 12:26 PM
I could see how the overplaying could turn you sour on a band, but when overplaying happens, I just take a break from the radio. I confess I never get tired of hearing Soundgarden or Pearl Jam on the radio. Ten is a great album and their playing songs from it a decade later is a testament to that, I think. I agree that Higher and WAWO were way overplayed as well, and they were never my favorite Creed songs anyway. I like them just fine, but I like other songs better. I hear MOP on this one station at least three times a week and I love it.

Mulletman
10-23-2002, 01:30 PM
i like his versions of where did you sleep last night and man who sold the moon. its not as good as bowie (thought nothing is) but he made it his own.

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 01:37 PM
He kicked major a** on the unplugged version of Where did you sleep last night! I love that song. I agree, he did a nice job on the Man who sold the world, too. They even play it on the radio sometimes.

Read JDM
10-23-2002, 02:35 PM
The unplugged version of Where Did You Sleep Last Night contains, to me, some of the finest moments in the history of rock and roll. The singing is just unbelievably desperate. It gives me chills. As for Man Who Sold The World, I'm pretty sure that's actually going to be on the greatest hits CD. I'm not sure if it's the unplugged track or a studio version, though.

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 02:39 PM
I just finished reading Heavier Than Heaven, a Cobain bio that came out last year. It talks about the MTV performance. The MTV people were really irritated that Kurt wouldn't do an encore after Where did you sleep. He pretty much told them even he couldn't top that performance, and MTV reluctantly agreed. It gives me chills as well. I love the Unplugged CD. It's one of the best ever, along with the Eric Clapton one.

creedfaner
10-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Lithium and Heart-Shaped Box....:rockon: :rockon:

TeriB19
10-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come As You Are

Dogstar
10-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Heart-shaped Box is awesome.

Read JDM
10-24-2002, 02:06 PM
Milk It.

I love that song.

Dogstar
10-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Sliver rocks, too. Love that one.

Unforgiven Fan
10-24-2002, 04:46 PM
I love nirvana...what stands out though is when he was singing lake of fire at the unplugged sessions and he sung the song even though he couldnot hit those high notes in the song...that was, to me, cool.

Read JDM
10-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah, and come to think of it, I really do like Nirvana still... I was just on break from listening to them, that's all.

Mulletman
10-24-2002, 10:20 PM
yea

Siana
10-25-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I love You Know You're Right. It's got a great groove. I have reserved my copy of the compilation and I have never grown tired of them. They are one of my favorite bands. Pennyroyal Tea is one of my favorite songs, but there are so many.

You know you're right is simply AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read JDM
10-25-2002, 09:54 AM
All right, so I popped In Utero into the CD player on the way to work this morning. It's the first time I've listened to it in several years. All I can say is: WOW. I totally forgot how beautiful and perfect this album is. Especially "Scentless Apprentice." I forgot that song even existed, and yet, back in the day, it was one of my favorites; it sounded even better now than ever.

I also can't get "You Know You're Right" out of my head. That song sounds like the theme to the Sopranos.

Mulletman
10-25-2002, 01:19 PM
"HEY fuck you! fuck yer damn music, fuck yourself! FUCK YOU!"

;)

Siana
10-29-2002, 05:45 AM
lol :angel:

Mulletman
10-29-2002, 02:26 PM
eh, i try

Dogstar
10-29-2002, 09:55 PM
Got the new Nirvana CD, 14 songs and it's awesome. The remixes of About A Girl and Pennyroyal Tea rock. PT was supposedly remixed the way Kurt wanted it originally on In Utero, which he said was completed too quickly, according to the liner notes. Anyway, it's a much cleaner version with a little more urgency in Kurt's voice. I love it.

creedfaner
10-30-2002, 07:51 PM
daggum....you people gotta check out Nirvana's old unrealesed stuff. It is better then the albums! Every one of their unrealeased songs are raw! :wow:

Read JDM
10-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Dogstar... the Man Who Sold the World is on there, right? Is it the unplugged version?

creedfaner
10-30-2002, 09:34 PM
yes, it is the Unpluged version. Pretty sure anyway.

Dogstar
10-30-2002, 11:17 PM
Yes, Read, the Unplugged version is on it.

Siana
10-31-2002, 08:23 AM
great!!!!!!!!:cool: