Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Matchbox 20 Concert [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Matchbox 20 Concert

JenRN
05-22-2003, 10:02 AM
All I have to say is WOW WOW !!!!!!!! That was some show last night in Washington DC, if anyone is a fan of them you MUST go see them live!!!!!! I was blown away, I really never thought I would get "that feeling" at another concert other than Creed's but let me tell you I was impressed!!!! The show started with a group called Maroon5, they were actually really good, the lead singer sounded great! Then SUGAR RAY came out what can I say it was "party time":dancing: The energy that guy gets in the crowd is remarkable!!! They actually had a bar on the stage and had drinks etc... he came out in the crowd and interacted with people way out in the back, tried to get a little boy to help him sing, it was a damn good time! Not to mention he is "easy on the eyes";)
THEN........... Matchbox 20 came out!!!! After the first 2 songs he gave an explanation as to why the show was cancelled last week and went on to say over 2,200 people turned thier tickets in and did not come tonight. He said well it is thier loss becasuse we are going to make this a special longer show to show our appreciation of" you guys coming back!!!!!!!":dancing: I was floored, this band sounded so awesome live, I just can't explain it, it was incredible. I have seen a lot of concerts of all walks of music and some don't always sound so good live, but this band was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!:cool: Rob Thomas and his voice amaze me, his voice is so smooth and he never misses a beat!!!!! They played all the hits and the ENTIRE new CD! They had light shows (disco lights) during Disease etc... is was way cool!!!!!!!!I had great seats too which made it even better! I have gained a whole new appreciation of this band after hearing them live and hearing the reasons behind the songs! The live music bug has bit me once again! This is "just what the doctor ordered for me" I had the time of my life!:D :D

TeriB19
05-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Is that a Rob Thomas avatar????? Oh my goodness, they MUST'VE been good!! Glad you had a good time, Jen. You can fill us in on all the details next weekend!!!!

Sheila63
05-22-2003, 12:19 PM
I'm so happy to hear you had such a fantastic time, Jen!! There's nothing like a really great concert. It's such a high!! I'm going to have to check out their new cd. Did they play Smooth? I know you were looking forward to hearing them play that song.:D

You're right about the lead guy from Sugar Ray, he's definitely a hottie!!;) :D

JenRN
05-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Is that a Rob Thomas avatar????? Oh my goodness, they MUST'VE been good!! Glad you had a good time, Jen. You can fill us in on all the details next weekend!!!!
Yeah that is Rob! I tell you, they were the most down to earth group I have ever seen in concert EVER!!!!! They are a "no frill" just great group of normal guys who love the music and relate to the fans BIGTIME!!!!!! I really am shocked as to how talented Rob Thomas really is, he played piano, guitar and ohhhhh that smooth voice, it was just awesome! I was kindda shocked to see him smoke so much though, how the hell can he have such a great voice and be a chain smoker? I would go see them again in a heartbeat!:D

And Sugar Ray, he is a hottie for sure!:wub:

JulieCitySlicker
05-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Wow! Jen, I'm glad you had a great time:bounce: Sounds like you had a blast at the concert:)

JenRN
05-22-2003, 12:52 PM
Yeah I really did have a blast Julie, it was so much fun!:)

Sheila.... no they did not play smooth, but every other song they did, they played for a solid 2 hours and 15 minutes!:D

JenRN
05-22-2003, 12:57 PM
My friend FranRN off here said it was better than the Fleetwood Mac show she saw last week, and coming from her that IS a big deal! She is such a big fan of Fleetwood Mac, she named her daughter "Stevie"!!!!!!!

One of the cool things was they did a cover of "Everybody wants to rule the world" of Tears for Frears from the 80's, it sounded GREAT!!!!!

And Sugar Ray did a cover of the Ramones, boy that boy can dance!:wub: :banana:

creedgirl99
05-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Awww man....I'm so jealous cause I almost got to see them when they were here! :( But I'm so glad that you had such a great time!!!

Sheila63
05-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>My friend FranRN off here said it was better than the Fleetwood Mac show she saw last week, and coming from her that IS a big deal! &nbsp;She is such a big fan of Fleetwood Mac, she named her daughter "Stevie"!!!!!!!

One of the cool things was they did a cover of "Everybody wants to rule the world" of Tears for Frears from the 80's, it sounded GREAT!!!!!

And Sugar Ray did a cover of the Ramones, boy that boy can dance!:wub: :banana: </b>

I remember that song from Tears for Fears.:) I sounds like such an awesome show, I wish I was there with you and Fran RN.

Dogstar
05-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Wow, Jen!!! Glad you had such an awesome time. I know what you mean about the live music bug! Man, I cannot WAIT for Metallica and Lollapalooza, and they aren't until JULY!!! Rob Thomas is cute, by the way :D.

creedfan47a
05-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Speaking of July, that's when Matchbox Twenty are going to be here!! :D I'm glad you had such a great time Jen, that's grrrreat! ;) When I went to see them, I was a bit distracted, I had boyfriend problems :rolleyes: and I missed some of the show. But when they come back in July, I AM SO THERE!!!! I'll be right on the rail and I sure hope they play the whole new album!!! :D :D

Wooooo-hooooo!! :bigjump:

JenRN
05-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Bec you will NOT be dissapointed!!! They did not have a "pit" it was floor seats, but after Sugar Ray took the stage everyone stood up so it was "kindda" like a pit. I had seats, did not sit in them but I was on the "Main concourse" which is really good seats, it was GREAT! I am thinking of going to see them in Virginia Beach, but I have to get tickets online, they have already been on sale for awhile, we will see how much they are!:dunno:

creedfan47a
05-22-2003, 09:30 PM
I've never been to a concert where there was ground floor seats. The main venue that people play at has stadium seating up the sides, and a huge floor. They don't bother putting seats there for the concerts I've been to (Creed, Live, Matchbox Twenty), so it's a huge pit. :D

PaulMcCoygirl
05-29-2003, 04:32 PM
I've been in a PIT before! :D

creedfan47a
06-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Well, this morning, tickets went on sale for the Matchbox Twenty concert in Adelaide on July 27!! And I got mine!!! :bigjump: It took me forever to get through to the ticket agency on the phone and when I did, I was told that the tickets were selling fast. But I got pretty good seats for me and Jai (Shade). If anyone is interested, here's the seating plan, (http://www.bass.net.au/venues/AEC/matchbox.pdf) and our seats are in Section B, Row G, seats 33 and 34, meaning we are right on the aisle. :) I was very surprised to see that the floor is not general admission, but reserved seating, since the last M20 concert I was at, they had GA on the floor. But it should still be okay, I've got good seats! ;)

JenRN
06-14-2003, 07:16 AM
Glad you got your tickets Bec! Looks like great seats! They had a program here where you paid $600.00 for 3 days in a hotel, meals included get back stage passes for 2 nights, go to video shoots and hang with the band after the shows. Me and my friend Fran were going to do it but ended up not going due to scheduling issues!:(

creedfan47a
06-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Wow, if they had that program here, I'd go for it! I'd have to do all sorts of crazy things to raise the money....... but I'd do it! :D ;)