Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
LIVE's new album - Birds of Pray [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : LIVE's new album - Birds of Pray

creedfan47a
05-21-2003, 11:16 PM
Has anyone got this yet?? I'm going to buy it in about 15 minutes, and I'm getting the Limited Edition with bonus DVD. And they've updated the website (http://www.friendsoflive.com) to complement the new cover - it looks pretty darn good!

Dogstar
05-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Tell us how it is, Bec! I have not bought it yet. I popped into the Virgin record store in NYC yesterday before the baseball game I went to and decided I have to plan a day trip just to spend time in that store. I could have spent all day in the Import department! So, if BOP is good, I'll add it to my list :D.

creedfan47a
05-22-2003, 12:57 AM
BOP! :lol: I hadn't thought of that. :P

Well, I haven't listened yet because I don't have my portable with me. :(

But get this, this is pretty cool: I reserved the album by phone this morning, so when I got down to the music store during lunch, I looked around before going up to the counter to get the album. I found the single, Heaven, and decided I'd get it as well as the album. I was looking around, then a song started playing over the sound system. I recognised the voice and the words right away - it was Heaven! :D I hadn't heard it before, so I wandered around the store until it finished because I didn't want to miss any of it by going up to the counter just yet. Heaven is really cool, I instantly liked it! :D :D

Dogstar
05-22-2003, 01:05 AM
LOL, that's great! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the rest of it!

creedfan47a
05-22-2003, 01:09 AM
I'll get stuck into it tonight. ;)

JenRN
05-22-2003, 10:50 AM
I have ALWAYS liked Live, let me know how it is!:D

creedfan47a
05-22-2003, 07:12 PM
IT'S GRRRRRRREAT!! :bigjump:

After listening through the whole album for the first time last night, the first and last tracks, Heaven and What Are We Fighting For?, immediately stood out. I thought the rest of the album was okay, nothing special. But each time I listen through the album, the list of songs I like just grows and grows.

I'd heard a few months ago that Live were getting back to basic rock for this album, as opposed to the sort of experimenting they've been doing of late. And BOP is basic rock. :D Heaven makes me want to cry :embarass: and What Are We Fighting For? is an absolute anthem, and it is going to GO OFF at every single concert. I can just envisage a crowd of Live fans pumping their fists and singing along. :D

So go and get this album, every Live fan!! And if you can get your hands on the Limited Edition, even better. It has a DVD with performances from a festival last May. They play Selling The Drama, Voodoo Lady (a huge favourite of mine!), Nobody Knows and White Discussion.

Like my new av? ;) ;) :lol:

Dogstar
05-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Cool, Bec, thanks for the review! I'm making my list...:D.

JenRN
05-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Well I bought it today along with 3 other Cd's and I am listening to LIVE now as we speak, I like it so far, Heaven is GREAT!!!!!!!:)

creedfan47a
05-22-2003, 09:32 PM
I LOVE HEAVEN!!! I can't get it out of my head. That line about his daughter (see below!) is so beautiful. And She is pretty catchy as well. :)

JenRN
05-23-2003, 09:26 AM
I would happen to agree Bec, Heaven is my favorite, then the next 2-3 are great, I like the beginning on the CD the best!:D

creednet-x
05-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey guys! I bought the first day it came out! I think it's amazing! I think Heaven is the weakest song! The whole cd just blows! By far it's just as good as TC, SS, TDTH! I love it!:bounce:

creedfan47a
05-23-2003, 10:25 PM
What do you mean "the whole cd just blows!"?? :confused: Here, that's something we say when something completely sucks!! :P

Heaven is more radio friendly that some of the other songs, but it is definitely not a weak song.

JenRN
05-23-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
<b>What do you mean "the whole cd just blows!"?? :confused: &nbsp;Here, that's something we say when something completely sucks!! :P

Heaven is more radio friendly that some of the other songs, but it is definitely not a weak song. </b>
Ditto, I thought the same thing Bec, I guess we are just "out of the loop" when I think something blows that means it SUCKS!:confused:

creedfan47a
05-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Or maybe he/she just got their wires crossed. I'm positive that blows means sucks. ;)

Aimee
05-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the info Bec. I always know I can count on y'all to keep me updated!

creednet-x
05-25-2003, 10:27 AM
My bad! Alright the whole CD kicks ass! By far one of the best LIVE cd's!:)

creedfan47a
05-25-2003, 10:03 PM
That's better creednet-x. ;) There is no way this CD sucks! :D

Dogstar
06-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Hey, Bec! I finally picked up Birds of Prey -- today. I'm listening to it now, and I definitely like it better than the last one I bought (whose name escapes me, LOL). I really like She! I'm only up to the fourth song, so I'll report back later. :D

creedfan47a
06-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Cool! I think the one you bought was The Distance To Here, because you said you liked The Dolphin's Cry but not much else. My friend thinks that BOP is very TDTH-ish, but I think it's more rock and less earthy-spiritual stuff. I really like She as well! :D Enjoy! :)

Dogstar
06-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to listen to them both again and see. I thought it was more rockin' than TDTH, too! I especially liked River Town, Like I Do and What Are We Fighting For. Oh, I wrote Prey instead of Pray..DOH! :D

creedfan47a
06-05-2003, 10:20 PM
:D Yeah, Like I Do has really grown on me lately. The only ones that haven't grown on me much are The Sanctity Of Dreams and Bring The People Together.