Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Anyone buy Big Dismal? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy Big Dismal?

crest tattoo
05-21-2003, 03:01 PM
It's really great! I will actually listen to it instead of Creed 24/7.

JulieCitySlicker
05-21-2003, 03:06 PM
I've never heard of them Crest Tattoo:P

crest tattoo
05-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Click up on the top of the screen in the red where it says watch the Big Dismal e-card if you have the time/space on your computer. You can get an idea of what they sound like. They used Wind-Up Records too.

JulieCitySlicker
05-21-2003, 03:15 PM
Cool:cool: Thanks! I'll check it out:dancing:

JulieCitySlicker
05-21-2003, 03:18 PM
They sound pretty cool:) I'll have to get the album when I get some money;)

Higher_Desire
05-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I want to get it, but don't have any money right now. I look forward to getting it thoug. I've listended to the stuff they have on their stuff on their website. I really like it.

http://www.bigdismal.com/music/index.html

H-D

P.S. Shouldn't this be in Music Matters instead of Creed Talk - The Band?

DangerousDan85
05-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Their album name isn't very original, Disturbed's cd is called "Believe" and they have a song on it called "Remember" too. :rolleyes:

crest tattoo
05-21-2003, 04:28 PM
FYI: Don't try to download from Kazaa, at least as of last week, all the songs were messed up by annoying beeps in the middle. If anyone knows how I can download them to Kazaa, let me know, and I will. Or I can copy it if anyone knows how I can do that and tells me. I can mail a few of you a copy. Joy

Higher_Desire
05-21-2003, 05:34 PM
I tried downloading Remember (I.O.U.) yesterday. I downloaded form over 30 people and they all had beeps or whirrs in them. If anyone could post a copy of it, and maybe a few others, that would be awesome.

hd

Sheila63
05-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by crest tattoo
It's really great!  I will actually listen to it instead of Creed 24/7.

I'm planning to get it myself, Joy. Glad to here you're enjoying it. I was in a music store on Monday but they didn't have it yet. I guess I'll have to see if I can find it at another store.

crest tattoo
05-21-2003, 06:12 PM
It just came out yesterday. Walmart has it. But if you can tell me how to download it, I will????

Sheila63
05-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks so much, Joy, you're a sweetheart.:D I appreciate the offer to download it for me but I think I'll go to a Walmart here and see if they have it first. Thanks for letting me know where you bought it.:)

RMadd
08-05-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by crest tattoo
FYI:  Don't try to download from Kazaa, at least as of last week, all the songs were messed up by annoying beeps in the middle. If anyone knows how I can download them to Kazaa, let me know, and I will.  Or I can copy it if anyone knows how I can do that and tells me.  I can mail a few of you a copy.  Joy

Ooh.... using Kazaa now is bad. They (not Kazaa, but the dark overlord of the recording industry) are cracking down on people downloading free unauthorized copies of songs, even P2P like Kazaa is. So I would guess the dark overlord techies are going through and messing w/ the songs so people can't download them anymore. I've not used Kazaa for a few weeks since they started doing this. Or maybe the CD is one of them freaky ones that won't allow to copy music straight from the CD w/o messing it up. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CollectiveSoul
08-05-2003, 01:20 AM
I LOVE BIG DISMAL! i listen to their CD every night in bed before i go to sleep. i love this CD. his voice is very eas yto tolerate. kinda liek scotts

hotforscott
08-10-2003, 05:24 PM
I think, "Just the same" is probably my favorite Big Dismal song.

benkenobi
08-11-2003, 08:25 PM
By the way Scott Stapp has helped out producing and everything with that band in the past. Good reason why they're signed under Wind-Up I reckon!

benkenobi
08-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Oh yeah, but to answer the question I haven't bought the album yet. I haven't found it at Target/K-Mart/Wal-Mart, but I haven't really looked at a music store/disk exchange yet.

DangerousDan85
08-13-2003, 09:15 PM
anyone else think "Big Dismal" is a lame band name :lol:

crest tattoo
08-14-2003, 09:21 AM
Per their website:

When singer/songwriter Eric Durrance was growing up in Tallahassee, FL, he used to spend his summers exploring a geological landmark known as “Big Dismal”. The site is characterized by a massive sinkhole where 100-foot walls plunge straight down to the water below. As an adult, the title of the landmark took on a new meaning for the singer and the band that would adopt this name as their moniker.

"As we began looking at the world and everything around us, we started thinking, 'Man, these are dismal times we're in,’" Durrance says. "This name makes sense, because our music is positive and we're trying to bring a little bit of truth and inspiration into a dismal place."

Hope that helps.;)

Sheila63
08-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks for sharing the info with us, Joy.:) It's interesting to read how they came up with their name.

crest tattoo
08-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Anytime. I found it strange at first too, but I read their bio and understood. They find a lot of inspiration from God. They're a good bad. I really like them. Helps to pass the time till CREED RECORDS!!! AHHHHHH!

Sheila63
08-14-2003, 09:58 AM
I know what you mean. I bought their cd awhile ago and I enjoy it too. I'll have to check out their bio for myself. Did you find it on a website?

crest tattoo
08-14-2003, 10:01 AM
yup. Bigdismal.com Enjoy

Sheila63
08-14-2003, 10:04 AM
I just noticed in your prior message that you found it on their website.:doh: Sorry about that, my brain isn't working very well this morning, LOL. Thanks again, Joy.:D

crest tattoo
08-14-2003, 10:16 AM
That's no problem. I didn't realize I wrote it was on their website. How dumb am I?

Sheila63
08-14-2003, 10:54 AM
That's okay, Joy! Let's blame it on the heat and humidity.;)

RMadd
08-15-2003, 12:55 AM
I don't know what you're talking about.... It's been nice and unusually cool/unhumid here in St. Louis. Upper 80s is about as warm as it's been these past few weeks (usually, it's in mid-upper 90s).

crest tattoo
08-15-2003, 09:25 AM
St Louis is exactly 5 hours from here. My husband lived there the entire time we dated, 3 years, and went to Parks College. Anyway, the humidity is 100%. It is very sticky. So, yes, I'll blame it on that. Heaven knows it's not time to blame age yet.

Sheila63
08-15-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BearFan
I don't know what you're talking about.... It's been nice and unusually cool/unhumid here in St. Louis.  Upper 80s is about as warm as it's been these past few weeks (usually, it's in mid-upper 90s).

I wish I could've been in St. Louis the last few weeks, BearFan. I live in CT and it's been really humid here the last couple of weeks.