Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Rockstar [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar

Tremonti_Cobain
05-17-2003, 10:05 PM
I just watched that Rockstar movie ( I know it's kinda old) and i was amazed by the songs...

I downloaded a couple of songs, but i don't know if that Steel Dragon is a real band, or just some musicans got together to do the soundtrack

Anyone knows anyhting about this???

JenRN
05-17-2003, 10:37 PM
OMG I love that freakin movie!:D :D :D I have seen in many times, I don't think Steel Dragon really exists, but wasn't that cool or what? I liked it because of all the 80's stuff too. Mark Whalberg is one of my favorite actors. I was thinking of getting the soundtrack myself. Have you seen Almost Famous? That is a GREAT movie too, I have seen it several times!:cool:

Dogstar
05-17-2003, 11:16 PM
I LOVE Almost Famous! That's a really good soundtrack, too. I have yet to see Rockstar, but I do like Mark Wahlberg. He was awesome in Three Kings!

Tremonti_Cobain
05-17-2003, 11:45 PM
yeah, i saw almost famous too, great movie, but i hink that rockstar is better, i downloaded the soundtrack (since i can't find the cd) it's great, I suggest that you all do...

Tremonti_Cobain
05-17-2003, 11:50 PM
i was looking it up, and it says that zakk wylde is the one who's playing guitar on the steel dragon's songs...
freakin awesome !!!

Bridge of Clay
05-18-2003, 12:27 AM
I saw it and its making of.

no, itīs not a real band. Basically, some heavy-metal fans got together to make a movie about it. All the guys on steel dragon are real musicians who play in heavy-metal bands, except for the singer (the one who looks like Oral Sex, I mean, Axl Rose! ;) )

Whatīs the song played when the Axl-wannabe sings during the test to replace the original singer?

Tremonti_Cobain
05-18-2003, 07:49 PM
"We all die young"... great song man m/_

Redeemer
05-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Marcos-that joke on Axl Rose was hilarious!!! Clever thinking on your part! ;)
I wanted to see this Rock Star movie everyone's raving about but I never got a chance. :(

The Lithium
05-19-2003, 10:12 AM
What move, Redeem?

Mulletman
05-19-2003, 04:34 PM
ah yea.... the "judas priest" movie

Bridge of Clay
05-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Redeemer
Marcos-that joke on Axl Rose was hilarious!!! Clever thinking on your part! ;)
I wanted to see this Rock Star movie everyone's raving about but I never got a chance. :(

but thatīs true... His artistic name is an anagram from Oral Sex, for those who never noticed it...

JulieCitySlicker
05-19-2003, 11:26 PM
I don't think I ever saw this movie:embarass: :embarass: :embarass:

hayley
05-21-2003, 04:09 AM
I haven't seen that movie, but i've always wanted to see it. It looks really good.

I might get it out sometime.

Aimee
05-25-2003, 01:09 PM
I liked Almost Famous better than ROCKSTAR. Not to junk it, cuz I didn't hate it, but AF was waaaay more realistic.

Dogstar
05-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Isn't Jennifer Aniston in Rock Star? That might have been one reason I avoided it. She annoys me :D.

Redeemer
05-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
but thatīs true... His artistic name is an anagram from Oral Sex, for those who never noticed it...
Oh.

The Lithium
05-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Long message!;)

creedgirl99
05-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Rock Star---I love that movie!!! And Almost Famous is awesome too!!! :D

Redeemer
06-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Long message!;)
Ha ha ha. :lol:

HigherGirl
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
I thought RockStar was a pretty cool movie..
I love all those 80's rock songs they play, esp.
my beloved Def Leppard songs... :)

JenRN
06-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Just got done watching this movie again.... I love it especially the ending!:)

Luv4Creed
06-14-2003, 07:23 PM
I Loved Almost Famous Also ! :glasses: Great Movie :)

Fink
06-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Ok people, here's the deal with Rockstar. First, the film is very loosely based on Judas Priest. In fact, the only piece of the plot that alludes to JP is that the replacement singer for Steel Dragon was a fan. As for the music, There are 6 possibly 7 songs under the name Steel Dragon and were recorded exclusively for the movie and soundtrack. The Studio band consists of musicians that were present in the movie. The band in the studio wrote their own music as well as covered some of the songs done by other bands. Zakk Wylde is probably the most recognizable figure in the band, he is the current guitarist for Ozzy and fronts his own band Black Label Society which also includes Nick Cantanese who was also a guest in the studio for Rockstar. Jeff Pilson plays bass for Steel Dragon and has been a member of Dio and Dokken. Blas Elias is one of the drummers in the studio for Steel Dragon and has been a part of Slaughter since their formation in 1988. Jason Bonham, another drummer for Steel dragon in the studio as well as the drummer for them in the movie. Bonham has contributed to many bands throughout his career and is the son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham. To sum up the musical talents present in the making of Rockstar members Stephen Jenkins and Brian Vander Ark of Third Eye Blind contributed in the studio and acted in the movie as well. I hope this clears all the confusion up. To my knowledge all of this information is correct but I could have been mistaken. Oh and sorry for the length, I doubt anyone will read this.

Tremonti_Cobain
06-14-2003, 11:33 PM
I read it...
thanks for all the info :)

JenRN
06-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Tremonti_Cobain
I read it...  
thanks for all the info  :)
Yeah me too, thanks for the info Fink!;)

TakeUHigher
06-17-2003, 04:07 PM
ok i love that movie and after i got done watching it i downloaded "we all die young" i love that song. yes jen A. is in the movie and she kisses another girl i was taken back by that. i didnt think she had it in her to do that.

that movie is the best. my fav. part is when they are at the press confrence and the said " i eat a lot of Pu**y, its a singing techniqu". i love it...

The Lithium
06-17-2003, 04:14 PM
The ABSOLUT best move of all times is "The Moulin Rouge". So fantastic!! So much music, (so much GOOD music), so much love, so much pain, so beatiful, so strong, so funny, so much sorrow, EVERYTHING!!!! Man, that move owns it all! IT RULES!!!!! Check out the music on: http://www.cohums.ohio-state.edu/English/P...g_Selection.htm (http://www.cohums.ohio-state.edu/English/People/Tannenbaum.1/studentwebs/02sp04588/Spectaculars/Song_Selection.htm)

Have a nice life....(it's better to say "have a nice life" one time insted to say "have a nice day" everyday) :D

JulieCitySlicker
06-18-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
<b>The ABSOLUT best move of all times is "The Moulin Rouge". So fantastic!! So much music, (so much GOOD music), so much love, so much pain, so beatiful, so strong, so funny, so much sorrow, EVERYTHING!!!! Man, that move owns it all! IT RULES!!!!! Check out the music on: http://www.cohums.ohio-state.edu/English/P...g_Selection.htm (http://www.cohums.ohio-state.edu/English/People/Tannenbaum.1/studentwebs/02sp04588/Spectaculars/Song_Selection.htm)

Have a nice life....(it's better to say "have a nice life" one time insted to say "have a nice day" everyday) :D </b> I never even bothered to watch it:rolleyes: Sounded really slutty to me:P

creedgirl99
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
I've heard a lot about people having different views on Moulin Rouge....like either you love it or you hate it. Me personally....I LOVE IT!!! You should give it a chance and watch it.... :)