Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alice In Chains fans, check this out [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alice In Chains fans, check this out

Dogstar
05-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Tonight I heard a special on a Canadian radio station about the Rise and Fall of Alice In Chains. Part 2 is next Sunday at 8 p.m. EST, I believe and then it's rebroadcast Monday at 11 p.m. It was pretty good, too. The host told some stories about the guys' childhoods that helped shaped their music and all. It's part of a show called The Ongoing History of New Rock and it's on 102.1 The Edge out of Toronto, I believe.

The web site is either: www.edge.ca (http://www.edge.ca) or www.edge102.com (http://www.edge102.com)

They mixed in a few tunes with the stories, including some of their early hair-band sounds. They played Killing Yourself and Chemical Addiction. Other songs they played included Them Bones, Rooster, Would? (they talked about Singles) and a couple of others.

Next week is about the fall, unfortunately, but the guy did his homework. Most of the stuff I knew already, but there were a few tidbits I hadn't heard.
Anyway, you might want to check it out.

goddess_bb
05-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Cool..thanks Dogstar..I love Alice in Chains!!

Dogstar
05-14-2003, 08:23 PM
YW. I'm looking forward to next week's part 2 :D.

Bridge of Clay
05-15-2003, 12:51 AM
dogstar,

have you ever heard Cochise mixed with a Led Zepellin song? I´m not sure which one... A radio station from here edited them, it sounds so cool!!! It sounds a single song, not 2 mixed together!

I´m trying to find it then I´ll send it to you, if you want! :)

Dogstar
05-15-2003, 02:52 AM
OMG, no I haven't. That's wild, Marcos. If you find it, let me know. I would love to hear it.

Dogstar
05-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Bumping this up...Part II is on tonight at 11 p.m. (Monday).

Bridge of Clay
05-19-2003, 11:35 PM
I haven´t found the file yet. I´m dying to get it!!! It´s so cool!

Dogstar
05-20-2003, 12:18 AM
Me, too! Good luck on the hunt, Marcos....

Re: tonight's part II. Thoroughly depressing. They guy talked a lot about Layne's heroin addiction and described his last few weeks. Again, it was full of stuff I already knew, but mixing music with the stories was touching and depressing. Angry Chair almost made me cry. I didn't know that he and Jerry had gone two years without speaking mainly because by that time Layne had become a recluse. I knew they hadn't had a lot of contact, but I didn't know they went that long without talking. It's tragic what drugs can do to people.

Bridge of Clay
05-20-2003, 10:48 PM
I e-mailed the radio, but they replied they can´t send it to me... :mad2:

but I found out a friend of a friend works on the station, so I´ll ask him to ask her! :)

Dogstar
05-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Awesome, Marcos! Good luck. I hope you get it. I really want to hear it, LOL.