Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
tremonti-best guitarist in rock currently? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : tremonti-best guitarist in rock currently?

facelessman
05-10-2003, 02:09 AM
with out a doubt, absolutely, yes

hide_tremonti
05-10-2003, 02:26 AM
Depends what you mean by best.

Lechium
05-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Ummmm he beats Hendrix and Page? Get real dude. He's ok, but that's as far as it goes.

creeder
05-10-2003, 09:39 AM
HE KICK Hendrix and Page.. Tremonti Totally rock..

Lechium
05-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Oh really?
First of as tecnique goes Steve Vai and Joe Satriani can bury him alive, and that's a fact.
As originality goes... well he's got none =)
As overall presence... he's ok there, but again, just average.

Leader of Men
05-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
Ummmm he beats Hendrix and Page? Get real dude. He's ok, but that's as far as it goes. Perhaps you missed the "Currently." And I have to also disagree, I believe that Jaymz "The Mighty Het" Hetfield is the best current RHYTHM guitarist and writer

theseeker018
05-10-2003, 07:18 PM
i agree with lechium on this one, he's a great guitarist, but certainly not the best.

Bridge of Clay
05-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Currently, I think heīs the best one! He hasnīt showed us much of his talent, I believe.

Bridge of Clay
05-11-2003, 12:07 AM
I dunno about all time... such different times and influences... you canīt compare it!

itīs like picking the best Nascar driver of all time, when today the cars are completely different from what they were 40 years ago.

Plus, Markīs my fav one, so Iīm suspect to tell you!

Dogstar
05-11-2003, 12:08 AM
I'm kind of partial to Tom Morello and Jerry Cantrell...Zakk Wylde's pretty darn good, too, along with the PJ guys...I love McCready.

Lechium
05-11-2003, 12:41 AM
McCready was great on that long instrumental in Mad Season's only album...

Bridge of Clay
05-11-2003, 12:42 AM
I never heard of this McCready guy :(

Lechium
05-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Lead guitar player for Pearl Jam lol

Bridge of Clay
05-11-2003, 12:49 AM
oh!!! couldnīt you just have said the lead guitar player for PJ before so I could know about who you were talking about???

:) yeah, heīs good! he plays some nice solos too! But Iīm not a fan of his PJ style...

Dogstar
05-11-2003, 01:35 AM
McCready was great on that long instrumental in Mad Season's only album...

Yes! November Hotel!!! Friggin awesome. Have you seen the Mad Season Live at the Moore Theater video? He rips it up on that song. He impressed the heck out of me on that one. I love that album, too. Good stuff.

Lechium
05-11-2003, 03:08 AM
Actually Im listening to Mad Season now.. been a while.. thansk for alluding me to it lol

Dogstar
05-11-2003, 03:17 AM
Excellent! I listened to it yesterday, as a matter of fact. :D

Unforgiven Fan
05-11-2003, 09:41 AM
right the best guitarist out there is Hetfeild..yes Kirk is the lead guitarist and he can solo like their nothing but when you think about how he can play the baddest riffs and sing at the same time without screwing up, then you realize that is a great guitarist.

Mark is a good gutiarist....he has his on style (probably), he can solo, play awesome rythm sections......maybe in several years he might be considered a good guitarist........

Wylde-Tremonti
05-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Marks' got some major skills that i kno he has yet to unveil...iom sure with the coming of his solo project he will surely be hailed as one of the greats...but until then...im goin w/ Santana.....

Leader of Men
05-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
right the best guitarist out there is Hetfeild..yes Kirk is the lead guitarist and he can solo like their nothing but when you think about how he can play the baddest riffs and sing at the same time without screwing up, then you realize that is a great guitarist.

Mark is a good gutiarist....he has his on style (probably), he can solo, play awesome rythm sections......maybe in several years he might be considered a good guitarist........ And to write all those riffs and songs...:eek:

Unforgiven Fan
05-11-2003, 10:14 PM
yeah james is an awesome guitarist and I think he is overlooked just because he is not the lead guitarist.....

Tremonti_Cobain
05-16-2003, 11:34 PM
I think Tremonti is great, but I do think that Zack Wilde is the best one, also am a huge fan of Thiago's work, but u guys don't know his work, since he's brazillian...

Bridge of Clay
05-16-2003, 11:49 PM
cīmon... Marcão is as good as Thiago... and Iīm sorry, but we donīt have a great guitarrist, not even the guy from Ira... we donīt have a kick-ass solo or riff architect.

Our rock music is way over influenced by punk, ska and surf music. We donīt have a good "old rock nīroll" band... The one that comes closer to it is capital inicial, but they suck...

Wylde-Tremonti
05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>cīmon... Marcão is as good as Thiago... and Iīm sorry, but we donīt have a great guitarrist, not even the guy from Ira... we donīt have a kick-ass solo or riff architect.

Our rock music is way over influenced by punk, ska and surf music. We donīt have a good "old rock nīroll" band... The one that comes closer to it is capital inicial, but they suck... </b>
That's Where You Come IN Marcos!...ITs Up to you DudE!!!! lol....ROCK ON _m/!!!! :jam: :tremonti:

Bridge of Clay
05-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Marcão and Thiago used to play in the same band (Charlie Brown Jr.) but Thiago left...

Tremonti_Cobain
05-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Of course we have good guitarists man... We have Angra's Kiko Loureiro, we have Doctor Sin's Eduardo Ardanuy, those guys great, and I think that everyone knows these bands...

goddess_bb
05-17-2003, 10:35 PM
I am not a critic but I feel like Mark is good but that he will get better with time and age...I personally think Creed should be harder...I think Mark would be an awesome metal riff-ster like Hetfield...just a opinion...

Higher_Desire
05-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Although Tremonti is great, and my favorite, I'm not sure as if he is the greatest currently. As long as Creed stays big in today's music, he will get even better. I agree with godess_bb. Mark would be an awesome "metal riff-ster." He is an amazing musician, but going as far as to say that he may be the best currently, is quite a large assumption. :crest:

H-D

Bridge of Clay
05-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Tremonti_Cobain
Of course we have good guitarists man... We have Angra's Kiko Loureiro, we have Doctor Sin's Eduardo Ardanuy, those guys great, and I think that everyone knows these bands...

Angra is heavy metal, so is Doctor Sinīs, I guess...

We donīt have a good rock-n-roll band: one singer, one guitarrist, one bassist, one drummer, with good riffs, lyrics and sometimes a guitar solo.

Tremonti_Cobain
05-18-2003, 08:01 PM
I guess it's just not our style, but we do have good musicians, but in the underground scene...

Don't forget that we have Zuzo, in my opnion he's the best bassist out there, never heard anyone better

Wylde-Tremonti
05-18-2003, 09:28 PM
ok...i do have to mention this tho....he may not be THE best....but he is one of them....i kno that mark doesn't get to showcase his soloing skills as much as we'd like...but dont forget that he can surely do all sorts of styles of music...soft...hard...chunky...melodic.. HELL HE CAN EVEN DO FLAMENCO FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!!!

TeriB19
05-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Love to hear some Tremonti-style mariachi!!! Ole'!!

Wylde-Tremonti
05-18-2003, 10:01 PM
maybe Downshifter will have some!!!

Bridge of Clay
05-18-2003, 10:10 PM
you said it: underground...

jango
05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Adam Jones, Tom Morello, Mike McCready... and then maybe Tremonti.

Mulletman
05-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Oh really?
First of as tecnique goes Steve Vai and Joe Satriani can bury him alive, and that's a fact.
As originality goes... well he's got none =)
As overall presence... he's ok there, but again, just average.

yea im going with lechium on this one... you guys are way too quick at throwing that "best guitarist" title around. hes good and all. but there are alot better than him, i.e. satriani, clapton, frampton, santana, Vai, Johnson, Hammett, buckethead, May, The King (anyone says elvis and i will shoot you).... which elvis did have some momments....

i mean... ive played instuments for almost a decade, took lessons for years... i based my whole musical theory, style, and technique on sting. i mean hes great and all but hes not the best. and there are others WAAAY better than him i.e. McCartney, Claypool, Jamerson, Barnett, Collins, Entwhistle, Geddy Lee (les claypool has even gone out publicly saying he's idolized Lee)

Brian Marshall was the reason I got into music it been years and i still cannot play torn the way i want to... i dont get that "Brian Marshall My Own Prison" feel (if any of you understand what i mean) yet i learned The Who's My Generation in under 20 minutes.... does that make Marshall better than Entwhistle? no. does that make me better than the both of them? not even close..... though id like to think so ;)

well my point is......if any of you all can find it somewhere in there (cause i cannot)...... that you have to look deeper than just the cool guitars and effects. just because we are fans, we shouldnt all just start thowing that "best this and that" title around

disconnected416
05-20-2003, 05:33 PM
the only guitarist that is better than Tremonti that is still making CDs is Metallicas lead and Dream Theaters lead

Wylde-Tremonti
05-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Mullet has a good point....we're somewhat biased (sp?) cuz it's our fav guy..... but the truth is he isnt.....but who's to say that's a bad thing?....if he was the best....then he wouldn't have anything to work for....why would you continue to make music if your already the best you can ever be?....so i for one am grateful that he's not the best....cuz that means he'll be trying to get even better!

jango
05-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by disconnected416
the only guitarist that is better than Tremonti that is still making CDs is Metallicas lead and Dream Theaters lead

Sorry, but when you can't name the lead guitarist for Metallica, nor provide a viable argument, your post matters not.

Bridge of Clay
05-20-2003, 10:43 PM
thatīs what Iīve been saying. I never said Mark was the best, but I always said heīs my fav. Although Iīve been saying that Mark is among the best.

And one guitarist nobody said yet, despite heīs dead, is George Harrison. He was a great riff architect.

And comparissons... oh, cīmon...thatīs too hard... itīs like arguing whoīs better: Bill Elliot or Mario Andretti or Michael Schumacher? One is Nascar, the other is Indy and the other is Formula One...

When you see so many different styles, itīs not fair to compare. Maybe if we gave them all the same song, so they can play it and change it to their own style, but following some standards, then perhaps we would be able to point whoīs the best one.