Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Matchbox 20 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Matchbox 20

JenRN
05-05-2003, 07:31 PM
I bought their latest Cd this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised:D I really like the entire CD! Usually this type of music is too mellow for me but I thought it was really good:) It has been awhile since I like an entire Cd, Rob Thomas has a beautiful voice, (not as nice as Scott's of course;)) but it is smooth and soothing, good Cd, if you want a change in music!

marlsy
05-05-2003, 07:34 PM
i've always liked Matchbox 20!!! They are really good! He writes music well!!

Sheila63
05-05-2003, 07:38 PM
I like them too but I haven't picked up their new CD yet. I'll have to check it out. :)

creedfan47a
05-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Yes, get the new CD! I played it on the weekend while I baked. :D Very good! It's growing on me every time I hear it. So, to whoever may listen to it and not really like it, give it at least a few more listens! :D

JenRN
05-06-2003, 09:18 PM
I LOVE track 7!!! That song is great! I really like the whole Cd to be honest with you! I love the 1st song and all the rest, but track 7 really gets to me. Rob Thomas has such a beautiful voice, really talented!

creedfan47a
05-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Yeah, Hand Me Down!! I know, that's one of my faves too. I also like Disease, Unwell, Feel and Downfall. :D

JenRN
05-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Unwell is actually the song that made me buy the Cd, it is great! I liked Disease from the first time I heard it, but sometimes it takes 2 songs to be released that I like before I buy the CD! I certainly don't regret it!:)

creedfan47a
05-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
Not a big Matchbox 20 fan, but I like Bent the best!  Rob Thomas has a nice voice, but they are a little too mellow for me.

Hey, Jen, I just found this! You posted it in the first thread about this album. I guess you changed your mind, huh? :D

I've been hearing Unwell in my supermarket lately! I didn't even know it was a single. :P

It's funny, I DIDN'T like Disease the first time I heard it, or the second or third time for that matter. It's eventually grown on me though. :)

PaulMcCoygirl
05-06-2003, 11:31 PM
glad you like it. my fave song is Unwell.

Siana
05-07-2003, 06:02 PM
mine too

JenRN
05-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
Hey, Jen, I just found this!  You posted it in the first thread about this album.  I guess you changed your mind, huh? :D

I've been hearing Unwell in my supermarket lately!  I didn't even know it was a single. :P

It's funny, I DIDN'T like Disease the first time I heard it, or the second or third time for that matter.  It's eventually grown on me though. :)
I liked them with "Mad Season" but not as much as I like this new Cd. This Cd has much more variety in it, it is just generally better I think. I do like Rest Stop on Mad Season though good song:)

creedfan47a
05-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes, Rest Stop is one of my faves on Mad Season too. :D

JenRN
05-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Well I am going to see them Friday night in concert with Sugar Ray, so I will let you know how they are live. I am growing to really like Matchbox20 so it will be interesting, we have GREAT seats too, it should be fun! I will let you all know later!

creedfan47a
05-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Cool!! I saw Matchbox Twenty in November 2000. I've seen Sugar Ray as well, they supported Live in March 2000. They were pretty good.

GeeK_2004
05-19-2003, 03:36 PM
I want their new cd but...I dont have the money to get the cd....

Siana
05-19-2003, 04:05 PM
i have to look for it but i don't have time right now...but i'd love to get it

benkenobi
05-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Yeah, it's a good cd. One of my fav. tracks is "Unwell." I love that banjo in the song. Maybe Tremonti outta rip it up on banjo in some song in the future?!?

creedfan47a
05-20-2003, 12:40 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

I just found out that Matchbox Twenty will be coming to Australia in July!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I just decided to check out their web site and I went to the tour section. I was looking for the rescheduled concert that Jen wanted to go to, then I scrolled down and saw Australia!!! They'll be playing in Adelaide on July 27!!! :D It doesn't say yet when tickets are on sale, but I'm SO there!!!

Wooooooooo-hoooooooooo!!! :dancing: :bounce: :bigjump: :party:

JenRN
05-20-2003, 08:25 PM
I am going tomarrow night, I am SOOOOO excited, I am in the mood for some good live music!!!! I hope he sings "smooth" even without Santana!:dancing: :dancing: I will let you all know how it is later!:D

JenRN
05-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Those who have the latest Cd, what do you think of the "bonus track" that is after song 12? It is not labeled as a name but is after the song "The difference" I love the extra song, wish I knew the name!!! The played it at the concert it ROCKED!!!!!:)

Lechium
05-25-2003, 10:17 PM
I bought their latest Cd this past weekend.  I was pleasantly surprised:D  I really like the entire CD!  Usually this type of music is too mellow for me but I thought it was really good:)  It has been awhile since I like an entire Cd, Rob Thomas has a beautiful voice, (not as nice as Scott's of course;)) but it is smooth and soothing, good Cd, if you want a change in music!
Actually Rob Thomas has better voice than stapp, at least in terms of control he's got over it. Really dont like MB20 byself but RT is a great singer.

JenRN
05-25-2003, 10:20 PM
Holy shit!!!!! Are you saying something nice about someone I like? What time is it anyone LOL!;)

Lechium
05-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Holy shit!!!!! Are you saying something nice about someone I like?   What time is it anyone LOL!;)
You shoudl try to stop painting me in dark colors really.
RT is a good singer, why would I talk shit abotu him? I'm trying to eb objective.

creedfan47a
05-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Jen, I'm not sure about that last track on MTYTYA. It's a little odd, but a little funky too. ;)

PaulMcCoygirl
05-29-2003, 04:28 PM
That song is just the guys goofing off. If you listen to the very end you can hear them talking and Adam saying that the song is lame. It's pretty funny.