Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
tour trouble? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : tour trouble?

barry
10-21-2002, 01:11 AM
I hate to say it but it looks like the tour is falling apart.The shows are playing to half empty venues and with poor ticket sales the promoters are cancelling shows.The new album has sold well but is an artistic dud and they are turning into a "pop" act and have lost their edge.One last breath is a horrible,bubble gum pop ballad, and folks are making fun of scott in his leather pants and none of the kids think Creed is cool anymore.I cant believe this is the same band that did My Own Prison.They are turning into a
goopy matchbox 20 .

hayley
10-21-2002, 02:15 AM
:(

souldancer
10-21-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by barry
<b>I hate to say it but it looks like the tour is falling apart.The shows are playing to half empty venues and with poor ticket sales the promoters are cancelling shows.The new album has sold well but is an artistic dud and they are turning into a "pop" act and have lost their edge.One last breath is a horrible,bubble gum pop ballad, and folks are making fun of scott in his leather pants and none of the kids think Creed is cool anymore.I cant believe this is the same band that did My Own Prison.They are turning into a &nbsp;
goopy matchbox 20 . </b> Hi, Barry, I see this is your first post on CF board, so I will try to be polite. Welcome aboard. It's been a rough year for the band, we know about the sequence of health problems/accident which has lead to the cancellations and created some frustrated fans which lead to partially filled venues. These are rough times for the group. Media has been a major diss too. Personally, I love OLB! GREAT ballad, lyrics - powerful message, and healing. As for Scott in the leather pants - (sorry, too distracted to comment)...and the line about "none of the kids think Creed is cool anymore" - NONE?!! What kids? Yours? Yes, MOP is fantastic - different time and emotional space for the band, they have changed and evolved, so has their music. I raise my hands high as a Creed Fan! I am sure others will give you more constructive criticism and may support your views. ;) Again, welcome!

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 04:40 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

stealmyfreedom
10-21-2002, 06:16 AM
You either love them or hate them, there doesn't seem to a "middle of the road" following. I am sorry you feel this way, but you are certainly entitled to your own opinion.

But knowing that I speak for many here, I will be here during the good and the bad because I LOVE THE MUSIC!

allison
10-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by barry
I hate to say it...

You HATE to say it??? Oh, come on, do you really think we are dumb enough to believe, after reading you post, that you are a Creed fan or ever were? Just a basher is all you are. Buh-bye now. :rolleyes:

Read JDM
10-21-2002, 01:37 PM
I don't think this Barry character will show up again anytime soon. On the other hand, for someone who randomly posted what essentially amounts to an anti-Creed press release, he at least had one good point: The tour's fallen upon tough times. Oh, well. It's not the end of the world.

souldancer
10-21-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
I don't think this Barry character will show up again anytime soon. On the other hand, for someone who randomly posted what essentially amounts to an anti-Creed press release, he at least had one good point: The tour's fallen upon tough times. Oh, well. It's not the end of the world.
You think Barry won;t come back,? Haven't seen John 3: around either...WOW. are we that mean?! j/k - Yes, it's been a rough year for the band, and while it is not the end of the world, I don't want to see the end of Creed's success as a rising, hot band that brings all the positivism that we need today, tomorow and beyond! I just get miffed that there is not more hard core support for the band! What can we do to show our dedication and appreciation???!!! :crying:

barry
10-21-2002, 01:52 PM
I am a Creed fan.I was there when MOP was first out and I still love it after all this time.Im sorry to offend some fans but I dont blindly follow any group I follow the music.I know MOP doesnt appeal to the mass audience or pop format like weathered,and for all the rock/grunge fans they lose they probably gain more of the pop/easy listening fans.That is where the money is.Im just saying that the new stuff doesnt move me,and the whole image of creed is getting too commercial and phony.My God I think they wear makeup in their videos.My point is they have so much talent and they need to get back down to earth.

souldancer
10-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks Barry. Good points. I am a more recent fan, so I don't have your perspective. I remember the old CF board had similar sentiments expressed. Maybe Creed's rising success has brought in all those image and management glamour types - a professional reality, and I kind of feel that sentiment when I listen to "Weathered". Still, I think as artists mature and evolve, so does their work.

tremontiwannabe
10-21-2002, 02:42 PM
i've been listening to creed sense the beginning too. and i haven't stopped because i love creeds music as do sooo many other people. i don't blindly follow any band. mop, human clay, and weathered have ALL been HUGE successes. Sure they might be havming some problems with this tour. oh no!!!.....it happens to every band. they wil pick back up. and in no way is olb just a pop ballad. it rocks. and has lots of meaning. but some might not catch the meanings behind scotts lyrics unless you have been listening a loooong time and really understand scott. understand creed. Bary your intitled to your own opinion like has already been said. thats fine. if you think creed has gone pop or whatever than ok. but i still think you are way wrong.

rock on tremonti!:dancing:

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 02:48 PM
You both make valid points, and though Weathered may have a more commercial/money-making feel, there are several songs that move me much in the same way MOP did. Who's Got My Back, Hide and Bullets come to mind. For that reason alone, it was worth it to me. I don't *blindly* follow a band, either, and it probably is a combination of trying make money and the band's being in a different place from where it was when MOP was conceived. It's hard not to be affected by money and fame, I'm sure. All you have to do is look at Hollywood and the rest of the entertainment world to see that. Some survive, some don't, some sell out. As they have put out only three albums, the jury on them is still out for me. I'm still nuts about them and eagerly await their next project, whenever that is.

tremontiwannabe
10-21-2002, 03:03 PM
amen.

Aimee
10-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Barry said: the promoters are cancelling shows .

Barry,
I don't know where you got your information, but you'd better be careful when you lie. You never know if there are lawyers listening!
*cough*libel *ahem*

There might be someone
*cough*me *ahem*

who knows how to contact a certain band's
*cough*creed *ahem*
lawyer.

Read JDM
10-21-2002, 06:25 PM
Well, I don't think Barry's completely wrong. I myself took a break from Creed between My Own Prison and Weathered, because lots of what made it to the radio from Human Clay turned me off (though I've since turned around on that material). I've also abandoned, to an extent, bands with which I had a heartfelt connection when I felt they were exhibiting a combination of laziness and soft deception; telling me an album's coming out for 3 years with no trace of it to date, for example, is the kind of thing that I don't like. But despite the tough times on tour, and despite what I would agree is an increasingly more processed sound (not that there's anything wrong with it in the least), I still think Creed is honest with its fans and tries its damnedest to mean something to the people who pay for the albums. So, I'm willing to let whatever problems they may or may not have slide, because they've yet to really, truly let me down.

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 08:46 PM
I agree 100%. Barry is entitled to his opinion and I would be more than happy to stand as co-counsel with Aimee, ya know, just in case any lawyers happening to be listening.;)

souldancer
10-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Re-read this thread - smoothe- not biting one another';s heads off, no mean smilies, humble, pointed, opinionated, tolerant, expressive, clear - DAMN we are cool! :cool: (but in the words of my father-in-law..."...so far...")

TeriB19
10-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Perhaps there is hope for us yet!:P

souldancer
10-21-2002, 10:01 PM
:wub:

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 10:07 PM
:peacelove