Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Mtv Icon Metallica [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Mtv Icon Metallica

m3lissa
05-04-2003, 03:01 AM
MTV 2 will be airing MTV ICON METALLICA this tuesday, musicians of different genre will be covering metallica songs. last year Aerosmith was the MTV ICON and Train did an amazing cover of 'Dream on'. It would be great to see Creed say a few words about metallica this year or maybe perform one of their songs
'Unforgiven' or 'Bleeding me' maybe?

for those of you who are Metallica fans, the show will air this tuesday at 9 central

http://www.mtv.com/onair/icon/metallica/

:rockon:

Lechium
05-04-2003, 03:38 AM
Can they sellout even more? I heard Avril gonan sing their cover? When artists become salesmen that makes me fucking sick.

m3lissa
05-04-2003, 03:42 AM
yeah i know what you mean, Slash might do a cover too..that would be interesting

Said Eyes
05-04-2003, 04:00 AM
I know! Its imcredibly bad when someone wants to make a career out of music and not live in poverty... It makes me sick to my bones when a tv show wants to celebrate a band as big as Metallica. They should call them Selloutica!

Run back to your indie record store, Lechium, I'm sure there you'll be able to find some stuff that noone has ever heard of or likes.

And stop kidding yourself, all musicians want people to hear their music. They are all salesmen. If they weren't, you wouldn't have heard it because they'd be just playing it to and for themselves.

Lechium
05-04-2003, 04:26 AM
Heh guess I didnt make myself clear.
I dont mind a big show. I dont mind celebrating them. But why Avril? I mean get some big names of metal to celebrate Metallica. Napalm Death? Fine. Megadeath? Defently should be there. Pop punk wannabe girl, however? Oh please...

P.S. Yeah most are salesmen to a point. And I dont mind, as long as they're moslty musicians...

luvscott4ever
05-04-2003, 05:03 AM
Call me Stupid, I may not be quite sure what you guys are talking about, but if I'm reading this right, sounds like Avril is going to be doing some song/songs of Metallica!! Well, if that is that case, I think I'm gonna hafta :throwup: Her, do a Metallica song...give me a break...but I will say, I saw Disturbed Friday nite and they did Fade To Black and it was AWESOME!! David sounded sooo good on this song and the rest of the band sounded just like Metallica..if I didn't know it was Disturbed, I would have thought Metallica was in the house!! :) God I love Disturbed!!! :dancing:

Bridge of Clay
05-04-2003, 04:17 PM
help me get it straight:

Is or isnīt Creed on it ? :confused:

I heard Avril is too... I saw on a news site...

Unforgiven Fan
05-04-2003, 10:47 PM
you guys...you make me laugh..by your definition they sellout but they are doing what they want to do and they have earned that much credit to do what they want. Yes having avril cover song sounds bad but in a broad musical scope it shows how far metallica's influence has reached. if they did sell out, then so what...as long as the music sounds good then it is no big deal. yes their sound may change but they are only humans and humans grow and change and that is one point that everybody needs to get across.......

Lechium
05-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Last two albums did not sound good, however long eprics were subsituted by more radio friendly 3-4 minute song with standart structure... so yeah music did suffer latley.

Unforgiven Fan
05-04-2003, 11:04 PM
the old metallica was full of riffs and chords that were not nessararly needed for the song....they can make the same statement in a 5 min song as a 7 or long min song...if their style is more radio friendly then it is their choice. In my opinon I like load and reload more than the other albums but metallica's fan base is broad so it will include a lot of different views...

Lechium
05-05-2003, 12:56 AM
You can make a statement with 3 chords song on a single accustic guitar.. hell you can just beat drum and speak your mind, and that would be a valid statement too. Hell you can write it on a piece of paper.
They used to be interesting and original, now they are very ordinary.

Said Eyes
05-05-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
Heh guess I didnt make myself clear.
I dont mind a big show. I dont mind celebrating them. But why Avril? I mean get some big names of metal to celebrate Metallica. Napalm Death? Fine. Megadeath? Defently should be there. Pop punk wannabe girl, however? Oh please...

P.S. Yeah most are salesmen to a point. And I dont mind, as long as they're moslty musicians...

Fair enough I guess, however am I right Metallica didn't organise it? If they did then theres something a bit off, but if its a MTV thing, then I'm not surprised in the slightest that Ms Lavigne is going to be playing. Shakira did a song for Aerosmith, primarily because she was the it thing back then. Now the new it is Avril, it doesn't take rocket science to work that out.

Would Megadeath even want to play at Metallica? I was under the impression things still aren't rosey between Mustaine and Metallica.

hide_tremonti
05-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
help me get it straight:

Is or isnīt Creed on it ? :confused:

No, they aren't performing.

Lechium
05-05-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Said Eyes
Fair enough I guess, however am I right Metallica didn't organise it? If they did then theres something a bit off, but if its a MTV thing, then I'm not surprised in the slightest that Ms Lavigne is going to be playing. Shakira did a song for Aerosmith, primarily because she was the it thing back then. Now the new it is Avril, it doesn't take rocket science to work that out.

Would Megadeath even want to play at Metallica? I was under the impression things still aren't rosey between Mustaine and Metallica.

Yeah but its Metallica Icon, so if they put their foot down, and say that they want Napalm Death instead of Avril than probably they will get Napalm Death doing cover, and Avril just giving speech.
Actually, Sharika is pretty cool cuz she writes her own stuff... there's tonns of hype around her, but she is a decent musician beneth it all.

farmgirl
05-05-2003, 01:03 PM
I like Metallica. I hate the term "sell-out" though. I think a band should be able to do what they want without being called a sell-out. After all this time, I think they've earned that right.

I do not agree ,however, on Avril doing a Metallica cover. I just can't see it. I don't mind her music, but she isn't punk like some in the media label her and she sure isn't metal.

Should be interesting to see though!

Rose

(I didn't get tix to the Summer Sanitarium tour, so sad, :( )

Lechium
05-05-2003, 02:28 PM
She's not punk. Punk is someone wild who defies authority. NOFX is punk.
Avril is pure pop, with punk outfits.

Unforgiven Fan
05-05-2003, 05:25 PM
having avril is to show how wide there music and influenced the music industry

Lechium
05-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Ok let her do the speech, no cover.
Also she doesnt write her own songs, so even if she was influced by Tallica, there's no way to see it lol

Bridge of Clay
05-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Avril is hot and nothing else matters!!!!! ;)

Said Eyes
05-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Lechium came out of the closet with this:
Yeah but its Metallica Icon, so if they put their foot down, and say that they want Napalm Death instead of Avril than probably they will get Napalm Death doing cover, and Avril just giving speech.
Actually, Sharika is pretty cool cuz she writes her own stuff... there's tonns of hype around her, but she is a decent musician beneth it all.
Said to someone who has her acoustic CD. Also Napalm Death would be cool doing a Metallica cover, however aren't you just a little curious in seeing some non metal bands cover Metallica? Someone here said that disturbed played a Metallica cover and it sounded exactly like them. THAT is something I disagree with, if they sound exactly like them, whats the point? In playing a cover, I think, you should try to add something to it, do it your way. That shows musicianship, not just playing the song.

Lechium said this of Robocop:
Also she doesnt write her own songs, so even if she was influced by Tallica, there's no way to see it lol
She does too write her songs! She says it in almost every interview, she sits down with her guitar and writes what she feels! (don't fail to see the sarcasm)

Lechium
05-06-2003, 03:32 AM
She doesnt. There's songwiters behind her. Trust me, i can dig up info, but it is true. She is a massive fake, that is for sure.

Also I would be interested in non metal bands doing Metallica, however, this is tribut to Metallica, so it's gotta be geard towards what Metallica is, rather than what other people can make of them. I would love to see Sinead O'Connor do their cover for example, but not on their ribute show.

Unforgiven Fan
05-06-2003, 07:36 PM
info on show:

Right Now it looks like:
Korn will do most of ONE
Limp Bizkit will do Sanitaruim
Staind will do Nothing Else Matters
Snoop Dog will do Sad But True

Metallica will play a new song off the new album

goddess_bb
05-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Just watched the Icon show it was FUCKING AWESOME!!!!
METALLICA RULES!!:jam: :jam:

And to all of you who think they sold-out..YOU"RE WRONG..they EVOLVED..not sold out. Doesn't it seem like there is always someone just to be ignorant wanting to tear something great down...

METALLICA IS STILL THE BEST METAL BAND OF ALL TIME!!!:bow:

I kind-a think it is sad that Mark Tremonti wasn't there to pay tribute since Metallica is one of his all time favorites...

Anyone going to Summer Sanitarium?? I am I can hardly wait!! :razz:

Bridge of Clay
05-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by goddess_bb

I kind-a think it is sad that Mark Tremonti wasn't there to pay tribute since Metallica is one of his all time favorites...

yeah, he would be invited for sure if it was another channelīs show. MTV sucks hard!

m3lissa
05-07-2003, 01:41 AM
yeah i think all of them did a good job on the songs especially Korn and Avril

and ofcourse in the end Metallica kicked ass

m3lissa
05-07-2003, 01:43 AM
..and i don't think its up to MTV to whom they would invite or not, its an MTV ICON show..who ever wants to pay tribute to the band would just show up and say a few words

Lechium
05-07-2003, 01:58 AM
"whoever wants" for bands as big as Tallica can be... ummm few hundred thousads? Would be one show if they all showed up and sang.

P.S. and no I didnt watch it -- got better things to do... Cartoon Network has good stuff in the evening abyhow.

Lechium
05-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Also, mark is not such a great guitar player... he's alright but that's as far as it goes. There are many many other better than him.

farmgirl
05-07-2003, 06:33 PM
I think Mark is an awesome guitar player!

Dogstar
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
I think he's really good but he hasn't had the chance to really show what he can do, album-wise. I hope there are more solos from him on the next album.

Bridge of Clay
05-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Dogstar: December 11th !!! :) wait for it!

Mark is undoubtely one of the best guitar players nowadays. He may not be the best, but heīs a top 10 for sure and the best imho.

And heīs my favorite guitarrist too. Heīs the one that inspired me to get a guitar and play it.

Dogstar
05-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Oh, I agree he's definitely good, Marcos. I just think he really hasn't pushed the edge of the envelope yet. I think he will get even better.

Lechium
05-08-2003, 03:03 AM
creed has never pushed the envelop really....
if they do they will benefit a lot form it, but until that...

p.s. happy 8000th post (1 post late lol)

Dogstar
05-08-2003, 03:12 AM

p.s. happy 8000th post (1 post late lol)

LOL, didn't even notice...Thanks, Lechium :).

Bridge of Clay
05-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Dogstar: ditto!

creedgirl99
05-09-2003, 05:00 PM
I missed the Metallica icon show on MTV.....was it good?

Dogstar
05-09-2003, 07:47 PM
I've heard mixed reviews on it, but I didn't see it. Everyone agrees Metallica were great, though.

Higher_Desire
05-11-2003, 02:12 AM
I just watched it tonight since I actually had time to watch it. It was AWESOME! Sum41 did a totally cool opening and sounded really good. KoRn kicked ass too. I'm really not sure why Avril sang a MetallicA song though.

H-D

Rune
05-11-2003, 02:21 AM
marketing my boy, marketing

Mr. Prophet Man
05-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Metallica is considered an icon? Wow, they might as well call the BSB or NSYNC icons too. Metallica sucks, I mean their 80s stuff rocked but they wimped out, sold their souls to MTV and radio. They're a disgrace to metal, which ironicaly is in their name because I do not consider their current style as metal.

SCOTTSMYMAN
05-11-2003, 12:39 PM
I agree Mr. Phopet Man. I used to be a huge fan of Metallica. Their old stuff is good but I hate their new stuff. They killed it for me with that whole napster :horseshit: The only reason people started listening to metallica in the beginning was because of people bootlegging thier performances! To say that people were taking food from their mouths because of music sharing is just stupid!! I-cons they are NOT!!! Just my opinion!!

goddess_bb
05-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Well you are entittled to your opinion and I am to mine...saying Metallica sucks is like saying Creed sucks and we all know that is very untrue....
**and the whole Napster thing geezzz ppl get over it already!!!**
Metallica Rules!!! :jam: :jam:

Bridge of Clay
05-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Did I say Avril is hot???? She really is! :)

Higher_Desire
05-14-2003, 12:42 AM
Did I say Avril is hot???? She really is! :)

Marcos... I agree with you, she is a total hottie, but there are about a bazillion people who either A) aren't willing to admit it or B) find her completly horrific and dare I say, dreadful or hideous looking.

It's just one of those things that's either black or white for you.

H-D

Bridge of Clay
05-14-2003, 12:51 AM
but the thing is her look, her style! I like it! :D well, not on every girl... but she looks cool!

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Marcos... I agree with you, she is a total hottie, but there are about a bazillion people who either A) aren't willing to admit it or B) find her completly horrific and dare I say, dreadful or hideous looking.

It's just one of those things that's either black or white for you.

H-D
she's hot but her music sucks... why would anyone have problem admitting he's got looks? Hell Cristina Aguelerra si hot, and I'd do her, but does it make me her fan? =)

Higher_Desire
05-14-2003, 11:00 AM
she's hot but her music sucks... why would anyone have problem admitting he's got looks? Hell Cristina Aguelerra si hot, and I'd do her, but does it make me her fan? =)

For the second or third time ever, I agree with you Lechium. I really don't care for Christina's music, but she has a body that won't quit. But I don't agree with you on that Avril's music sucks. It's not that bad. It's tolerable.

H-D

goddess_bb
05-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Dude her music SUCKS!!!
She will soon be a thing of the past a few hit wonder..thank GOD!!

Marty
05-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Avril sucked in my opinion. Fuel was destroyed, and I no longer like the song. LimpBizket was okay, Korn and Staind kicked so much ass, Sum 41 and Snoop Dogg were great too! Metallica at the end, well, they kicked everyones ass! I wish I could get tickets this summer.
________
Washington Medical Marijuana (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

goddess_bb
05-14-2003, 11:11 PM
Dude,
I have floor tickets!!! I can't freaking wait...

METALLICA RULES...:jam: :jam:

Avril did suck...she go back to her whinny songs that SUCK!!

Bridge of Clay
05-15-2003, 12:28 AM
who cares???

Avril is hot and nothing else matters... :D

goddess_bb
05-15-2003, 11:45 AM
who cares???

Wow..what a mature statement...I think your age is showing..Marcos...

Mr. Prophet Man
05-15-2003, 04:03 PM
who cares???

careful man, suzie might have somethin to say about that:eek:

Bridge of Clay
05-15-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
Wow..what a mature statement...I think your age is showing..Marcos...

Mrs. Stressed Out, I was not talking to you nor about you.

If you have a problem with my age, just go to a geriatric bb. Youīll have fun there.

Bridge of Clay
05-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Prophet Man
careful man, suzie might have somethin to say about that:eek:

Suzie is the best!!! She wonīt have a problem with that, she likes Avril too! Suzie has tons of Avril avatars!!!

Right Hun?! ;) :kiss:

goddess_bb
05-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Mrs. Stressed Out, I was not talking to you nor about you.

If you have a problem with my age, just go to a geriatric bb. Youīll have fun there.

LMAO @ MARCOS!! That is the best you got to insult me....hehehe, thanks for the laugh...
And I am not stressed out...so call me Mrs. Bitch or at least something that fits...

Bridge of Clay
05-16-2003, 05:38 PM
geez, take a :chill:

whatīs your problem? Insulting people isnīt part of my temperament. Thatīs why I wonīt insult you back. If youīre seeking for a good argument, sorry. Try someone else.

goddess_bb
05-16-2003, 06:04 PM
allright..geezz...I am not looking for an argument or insult trading..you started it and I was just sticking up for myself...
PEACE???

Lechium
05-16-2003, 07:10 PM
What are you fighting about?
Marcos is young and his age is showing, but why he takes it as an insult?
Goddes wants to be called Ms. Bitch, rather than Ms. Stressed Out...
People why dont you fight about something that matter lol

Bridge of Clay
05-16-2003, 10:55 PM
I started it?????????????????????????????????? :eek:

It seems we canīt joke here...

:peace:

goddess_bb
05-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Allright...seriously Marcos I apologize...sweet geez...no more..Lechium is right...no reason to fight just remember it's MRS. BITCH to you..lol...:lol:

Weathered
05-16-2003, 11:09 PM
i thought avril did awesome........mainly her band.........those guys are awesome.......i dont see why they dont use that talent on the CD........staind also did an AWESOME job ........sum 41 was awesome too........
limp bizkit surprised me.......they were prolly my favorite band that played all night (mainly the drums)

snoop dogg- enough said ....why the hell was he there

and i think metallica kicked all our asses.......they ruled

Lechium
05-16-2003, 11:13 PM
I saw Snoop Doggs perfrocmace today, and compared to all others he was the best really... haha no really. Havent seen them all thou, but he was pretty cool. Again -- seeing Snoop wearing 'Tallice t-shirt alone makes it worth it lol

Bridge of Clay
05-16-2003, 11:34 PM
:) :) :)

peace it is!

goddess_bb
05-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Glad to hear it!!
Hey Lech---so do you like Snoop? I have a chance to go see him in June--debating???

Lechium
05-17-2003, 01:19 AM
He used to be pretty good MC, but I never liked whole "gansta" aspect. He is pretty weak rhyme-wise now, and he has sold out big time, so his music is boring to me. He might be good performer, so his show migth be worth a while, but I wount recommend it.
Jurassic 5 is openning in Lalopoluza (they play free gig tomorrow at my univ, but I might miss it!!! =( ) so suggest seeing them -- they're great and got no attitude which is so rare for rappers.

goddess_bb
05-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Actually have heard of Jurassic 5 will have to try to go...
So why might you miss it??

Lechium
05-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Scourge pre-release -- massive Magic:TG tournament in LA

Went there 2-3 only, although woucl had been 4-1 if i didnt mess up coupld times.. oh well better luck next time.

Leader of Men
05-18-2003, 07:09 PM
You guys act like Metallica owns MTV and gets to pick who does the covers... well they didn't get to.

Lechium
05-18-2003, 07:14 PM
They dont own mtv, but when it comes to the show dedicated to them, their opinnion has sime weight.

Leader of Men
05-20-2003, 08:06 AM
They dont own mtv, but when it comes to the show dedicated to them, their opinnion has sime weight. The only thing they got to decide was what to wear and what to play themselves, MTV took care of the rest.