Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Arrested---fake Mark. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Arrested---fake Mark.

njcreedite
04-29-2003, 04:50 PM
This was just in.....YUK can you imagine the women who didn't come forward??
Clearwater police arrest man who posed as Creed guitarist

The Associated Press

A man who had people on Clearwater Beach believing they were socializing with the lead guitarist of the rock band Creed is under arrest after police say he used his claim to fame for hotel charges and to steal a woman's credit card.

Over the past few weeks, a man staying at beach hotels claiming to be Mark Tremonti, the lead guitarist of the rock band Creed, has handed out and autographed copies of publicity photos and attracted crowds of fans at beach bars.

Police said the man turned out to be a Kevin Eckenrod, a nomadic 40-year-old who has racked up more than 60 arrests in Florida over the last decade, many for scamming and swindling.

Eckenrod, who has more than 30 aliases, was being held Tuesday in the Pinellas County Jail on $20,000 bail on charges of fraudulent use of a credit card and scheming to defraud. The public defender's office had no immediate comment Tuesday.

Police arrested Eckenrod Sunday as he stood in the middle of a crowd signing autographs. Eckenrod does have a slight resemblance to Tremonti, though he is 11 years older than the guitarist.

"The crowd thought it was him," Clearwater Officer Chris Ziermann said. "I think they were kind of taken aback that he wasn't from Creed."

When police arrested Eckenrod, they say he told officers: "It's my hustle. I am a stone-cold alcoholic and it's my way of getting my drinks and a place to stay," a police report said.

He later told police: "This is getting old, but you have to admit I do look like the guy from Creed."

Clearwater officers first encountered him April 9 after an employee at the Adams Mark Hotel grew suspicious when Eckenrod persuaded a bartender to charge $160 in food and drink to a room.

He spent 13 days in jail before pleading no contest to defrauding an innkeeper and obstruction. He was sentenced to six months of probation and ordered to repay the hotel.

The night of his release from jail, he was back on the beach signing autographs for a group gathered around him.

A woman who later invited him to her home told police Eckenrod took her credit card from her back pocket while he was kissing her. Sunday, she spotted Eckenrod at a restaurant and called police.

JulieCitySlicker
04-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Whodawhat!:eek: Now that is just wrong:confused: What a wanker:rolleyes:Glad they caught that jerkoff:mad:

Agent D
04-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Oh, brother. I am also glad they arrested that jackass.

musicsaves
04-29-2003, 06:11 PM
OMG, I wonder if Mark knows...

Marty
04-29-2003, 06:25 PM
I bet Mark is flattered, I would be. I'd be a bit scared too.
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

njcreedite
04-29-2003, 06:27 PM
I think he'd be freaked out and a bit angry. This guys making him look bad. I wonder if this guy really looks like him. I wonder if there is a pic somewhere.

TeriB19
04-29-2003, 10:10 PM
I'd be freaked out too, I'm already freaked out.

JenRN
04-29-2003, 10:15 PM
People are freakin crazy!:eek: That guy sounds like a TOTAL looser:rolleyes: Yeah that is all they need is some crazy ass stalker guy who thinks he is Mark!

JulieCitySlicker
04-29-2003, 10:17 PM
I think Mark should sue:devil: j/k;)

luvscott4ever
04-29-2003, 11:18 PM
I'd like to see a picture too...Cuz if he doesn't really look like Mark, there are a bunch of REALLY stupid people out there, especially if they're Creed fans...We "true" Creed fans would have known right away it wasn't him, and the guy's 11 years older than Mark...oh come on people, get a clue!! :o)

goddess_bb
04-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Sweet Geeeeezzzzzz...
Somebody pretending to be Mark....and the chick who had her credit card stolen...duh, dumb chica...Mark is married..and still a newlywed so why in the hell would he be in a bar picking up on stupid easy women??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course maybe I should be careful here cause I would say that beautiful man could pick me up ANYTIME...and then I would be easy but never dumb...hehehe:lol: :lol: :lol:

JulieCitySlicker
04-29-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
Sweet Geeeeezzzzzz...
   Somebody pretending to be Mark....and the chick who had her credit card stolen...duh, dumb chica...Mark is married..and still a newlywed so why in the hell would he be in a bar picking up on stupid easy women??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  

Of course maybe I should be careful here cause I would say that beautiful man could pick me up ANYTIME...and then I would be easy but never dumb...hehehe:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marty
04-30-2003, 08:55 AM
I would be freaked out too, and a bit angry as well, but I'd also laugh out loud because, I mean if you are famous enough for people to pretend they are you...
________
AlishaAndJack live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/AlishaAndJack)

hotforscott
04-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Oh my gosh you guys, that is insane. What a weirdo. We need to be on the lookout for Kevin Eckenrod in Orlando. If we run into Mark while we are down we need to ask, are you sure you aren't Kevin Eckenrod? LMAO! I think we know enough about them to tell if it's him or not. Those beach people were just "Regular" Fans. LOL. I bet Mark is laughing his ass off about it. I would be freaked, but laughing at the same time, too.

Sheila63
04-30-2003, 11:11 AM
LOL!!! I know what you mean, Carrie!! But you're right, we'd know if it was really Mark or not if we saw him and not this guy impersonating him. Unbelievable!! I'm with Jen, some people are crazy!

Redeemer
04-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I'm with Carrie too...I mean, we know things about these guys "regular" fans don't, so we could just pop a question on a Mark wannabe and he'd be busted!

hotforscott
04-30-2003, 12:40 PM
LOL, you are exactly right. I'd be like, "Exactly how many pinball machines do you have again?" and that would be "going easy" on the guy, we could give him a tougher one!!!

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2003, 02:50 PM
LMAO!!!

Am I the only one who laughed at that guy when read teh article?

itīs hillarious! Imagine that...

I know itīs wrong, and he did wrong stuff, and itīs good to put that guy behind jars, but itīs still funny... being Mark! lol!

Iīm sorry for the girl who had the credit card stolen, though. :(

But at least now Mark knows he can get in hotels and drinks for free! :)

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2003, 02:51 PM
btw, Carrie, how many are them? 27, 28 machines? I :dunno: :confused: :(

hotforscott
04-30-2003, 03:00 PM
Last I read it was 18!

JulieCitySlicker
04-30-2003, 03:04 PM
I think its funny now:DNot that the guy stole the credit cards but that they actually thought it was Mark:P

Victoria
04-30-2003, 03:32 PM
It just shows how gullible people are. A lot of em just probably wanted to believe it was him, so they did. Someone should beat the crap out of that guy. :chair:

JulieCitySlicker
04-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Ya I know:headbang: :hammerlol :lolsign:

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2003, 03:37 PM
18, 28...
I knew it had a 8 on it! lol!

thanks, Carrie!

Victoria
04-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
But at least now Mark knows he can get in hotels and drinks for free! :)

I think he can afford to pay for those :slap:

Dogstar
04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Eleven years is a big age difference and it said the guy had a *slight* resemblence to Mark? If they were true fans, they'd know Mark on sight. People will do anything to be associated with someone they think is famous.

Lechium
04-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Guys stop talking about TRUE fans. I concider myself to be a true Radiohead fan, got all their albums, b-sides, leaked stuff, cd of bands who open for them, etc, however I have no ide how any of them look aside of Thom Yorke cuz my friend freaks out on how he looked before surgery. I know bands muisc, do I care about LOOKS of people? No not at all. So dont give me -- tru fans will know how band member looks. I have no idea how most musicians look, and I know I'm not one of a kind.

Dogstar
04-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Well goody for you, Lechium. There ya go again, riding on your high friggin' horse. Maybe rabid is a more accurate word. Whatever. I'm just saying a lot *fans*, being short for *fanatic* know what the band members look like.

TeriB19
04-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Chill out Lech. Most of the people who post on this bb have seen Creed in concert, seen the countless tv shows, interviews etc and we do all know what they look like. We're not saying your not a true fan if you don't know what they look like but that MOST OF US HERE DO!!

Bridge of Clay
04-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Victoria
I think he can afford to pay for those :slap:

ouch! LOL! :)

of course he can! but itīs always good to get stuff for free! And the more you have, the more youīre cheap! :)

that "bastard"! He gets PRSīs for free! LOL! ;)

Dogstar
04-30-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>ouch! LOL! :)

of course he can! but itīs always good to get stuff for free! And the more you have, the more youīre cheap! :)

that "bastard"! He gets PRSīs for free! LOL! ;) </b>

LMAO, Marcos. You are right, even rich folk will take something they can get for nothing.

Lechium
04-30-2003, 11:26 PM
OK than say "a lot of fans" not "true fans", cuz when you say that true fans know how band members look like you cross out the ones who like band just for the music. That was a general statement which was not true, that's all I'm pointing out.

P.S. Yamivaya, my rabid horse, said hi.

hayley
05-01-2003, 04:02 AM
That is so pathetic of that guy to actually "lead" those poor Creed fans to beleive that it was Tremo the whole time...sad i tell you, it's just sad.

The Lithium
05-01-2003, 04:32 AM
Just do it!:crest:

Marty
05-01-2003, 08:52 AM
This story was on MTV news last night. They didn't say anything I hadn't heard though.
________
Vaporizer Video Review (http://vaporizers.tv/)

The Lithium
05-01-2003, 09:28 AM
:hammerlol

Redeemer
05-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey, Lech, I'll check back, but last time I looked, we were saying that most diehard Creed fans know stuff about the band that just normal ppl don't know. Like Marcos and Carrie were saying about the pinball machines.

Charmin
05-01-2003, 05:27 PM
LOL! I like the comment Mark should sue........He might as well get in on the action, too. Sue him for his skin or something-since he doesn't seem to have anything more than that...give it to Flip-he can use it for drum heads.

Imagine thinking that was Mark and inviting him over and have him steal your credit card-that would be embarrassing. And kinda stupid-ur right she must not know that much about them, or she would have know he is a newly wed-and probably wouldn't be out in bars picking up women. He probably wouldn't be out in bars picking up women if he wasn't married-hell-he wouldn't have to be out in a bar to pick up women..........

Man, what some people won't do.......wonder if he really does look like Mark?

Charmin:lolsign:

Redeemer
05-02-2003, 02:35 PM
That is a good question. Whether he really looks like Mark, I mean. I'd like to see a photo.

JulieCitySlicker
05-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Charmin
LOL! &nbsp;I like the comment Mark should sue........He might as well get in on the action, too. &nbsp;Sue him for his skin or something-since he doesn't seem to have anything more than that...give it to Flip-he can use it for drum heads.

Imagine thinking that was Mark and inviting him over and have him steal your credit card-that would be embarrassing. &nbsp;And kinda stupid-ur right she must not know that much about them, or she would have know he is a newly wed-and probably wouldn't be out in bars picking up women. &nbsp;He probably wouldn't be out in bars picking up women if he wasn't married-hell-he wouldn't have to be out in a bar to pick up women..........

Man, what some people won't do.......wonder if he really does look like Mark?

Charmin:lolsign: LMAO!:D

Kim V.
05-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Oh my gosh, Mark must be pretty freaked out about that!! It's flattering, but scary too I suppose! Can't these "fans" realize this dude isn't really Mark, up that close? Duh! Clueless!:rolleyes:

TeriB19
05-02-2003, 06:14 PM
I saw a picture of that guy and I have to say, I look more like Mark than that guy does.

Sheila63
05-02-2003, 06:17 PM
ROFLMAO!!!:lol: :roll:

Bridge of Clay
05-02-2003, 07:38 PM
thatīs good to hear, Teri!!!

Maybe I have a chance too! ;)

TeriB19
05-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Try this link to see the guy who posed as Mark.

http://cjai.tripod.com/whatweareabout/id8.html

Bridge of Clay
05-03-2003, 11:55 PM
wow, I didnīt notice until tonight, but I really look like Flip!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Leader of Men
05-04-2003, 10:12 AM
:eek:

:lol: What a loser!!!

hayley
05-05-2003, 04:23 AM
:lol: omg he doesn't even look like him

hayley
05-05-2003, 04:24 AM
well actually maybe a little bit, but i sure wouldn't be fooled

Redeemer
05-05-2003, 08:03 AM
He doesn't look like him at all!! He looks like a regular dude on the street. Those girls must've been on something.

Kim V.
05-06-2003, 12:38 AM
:eek:

What were those "fans" on, thinking that guy bore even the slightest resemblance to Mark? Eeewww, he's so much older looking and everything! Sorry, I just don't see it.....

hayley
05-07-2003, 04:08 AM
I sure see it in his eyes and a lil bit in his nose, but that is defenitly all.