Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Audioslave [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave

Read JDM
10-20-2002, 06:14 PM
Audioslave is the new band formed by the old Rage Against The Machine members minus De La Rocha (the singer). He's replaced by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden. I haven't heard their first single yet but it's supposedly hitting airwaves now. Anyone else tantalized by this project? I think it's got a lot of potential. I can't wait for the album to come out next month.

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 08:36 PM
I didn't care much for Rage Against the Machine, so I probably won't get the new stuff.:(

Dogstar
10-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Yes, I downloaded the single, Cochise, and I love it. I love Soundgarden and Rage and it's an interesting combo. I'm definitely going to by the CD.

Read JDM
10-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Personally, I grew sour, so to speak, on both Rage as well as Soundgarden, but neither because their music sucked. I really liked both of them at one point but found it difficult to listen to them after awhile because they were so overplayed. Then again, the same could be said for Creed; that's why Higher and WAWO actually turned me away from them for a bit, but fortunately, those are the only two Creed tracks ever to be overplayed (around where I live) to the point where I got sick of them. But either way, I look forward to Audioslave because the people involved are all very talented. I also find it interesting that the group actually split up after recording all or most of the album, but then somehow they ended up back together and the CD's finally coming out -- it's probably for reasons financial, but I can't wait to hear them either way.

jango
10-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Audioslave is good good stuff. Not too Rage to seem like they're capturing the past, but the same qualities Rage possessed to retain the quality. Tom still kicks on the guitar, so it's all good over here.

Read JDM
10-21-2002, 01:48 PM
I haven't downloaded anything yet, but the one thing I'm hoping for is that it's a little less repetitive than the majority of Rage songs. After their first CD, lots of tracks were just the same riffs over and over...and over again.

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 02:59 PM
I don't think it's too Rage repetitive. You can hear the influences of both bands. Chris' voice is in good form, too.

Hey, jango, nice to see ya again!

jango
10-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Cochise is incredible. Morello is da MAN.

Mulletman
10-22-2002, 08:46 PM
i got the guitar world magazine with the interview with tom morello. (some hopw i always get that magazine just in time for someone to bring up a thread on that subject....)

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 09:03 PM
What was the magazine interview about? I read some stuff on vh1.com today where Morello said Audioslave's already got enough material for a second album.

Mulletman
10-25-2002, 01:30 PM
i still havent read it

Said Eyes
10-31-2002, 02:44 AM
Morello is a really great musician. In an interview he talked about wanting people, whether it be buying, downloading or stealing the album, to actually give the final product a real listen.

For those who had/ve the demos released 6 or 7 months ago, the CD is much better IMO. Cornell's voice really hits the notes (i felt he was a little flat on the demos) and the music is different. Better. Its a great CD. Pity about the cover though, what where they thinking?!

Dogstar
10-31-2002, 01:20 PM
I didn't think the CD was out already. My store isn't getting it until Nov. 19:confused: Did you download it or something?

Read JDM
10-31-2002, 04:08 PM
November 19 IS the release date, but that album's been floating around online for months now.

Dogstar
11-01-2002, 03:29 AM
Oh, OK, cool. Thanks.

Mulletman
11-11-2002, 01:37 PM
i finally heard the damn song. i cant stand cornell's voice in that video. im a fan of soundgarden and chris, but i cannot stand that new song.

Siana
11-12-2002, 08:12 AM
same here Mullet

jango
11-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Cornell's voice is an acquired... taste... I guess. But you've got to admit, that machine gun guitar and ominous drum beat at the beginning rules all.

Steve
11-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman
i finally heard the damn song. i cant stand cornell's voice in that video. im a fan of soundgarden and chris, but i cannot stand that new song.

His voice sounds the same as it did when he sang for Soundgarden? Am I missing something?

Dogstar
11-13-2002, 06:30 AM
I LOVE the song and Cornell rocks. Seems to me, though, that his vocals take a back seat in this song to the rip-freakin-roaring riffs! Can't wait to get the CD next week!

Mulletman
11-13-2002, 01:08 PM
i dunno i like the pyro in the music video. but for some reason he sounds different to me in this song compared to the soudgarden days. i dunno, but the songs didnt sound right to me. his voice and the instruments did not go together....

Dogstar
11-28-2002, 09:26 PM
I finally got a chance to listen to the whole CD. It's really, really good. There's a good mix of hard and not-so-hard. Cornell's voice is really on and what else can you say about Tommy Morello? He's awesome. I especially like Show Me How to Live, Like A Stone and Shadow on the Sun.

hotforscott
11-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Read JDM
Audioslave is the new band formed by the old Rage Against The Machine members minus De La Rocha (the singer). He's replaced by Chris Cornell of Soundgarden. I haven't heard their first single yet but it's supposedly hitting airwaves now. Anyone else tantalized by this project? I think it's got a lot of potential. I can't wait for the album to come out next month.

I never cared for Rage against the Machine, maybe 1 or 2 songs, but Soundgarden I loved.. I have not heard of thsi band, I guess I am out of touch, I will have to check it out, can you buy it in stores? Thanks.

Dogstar
11-28-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I never cared for Rage against the Machine, maybe 1 or 2 songs, but Soundgarden I loved.. I have not heard of thsi band, I guess I am out of touch, I will have to check it out, can you buy it in stores? Thanks.

Yes, it came out Nov. 19. Not all the songs are as hard as Rage stuff was, so you might like it. Just hearing Chris Cornell again is worth it. I love his voice.

hotforscott
11-28-2002, 09:50 PM
thanks i will have to check it out.

Mulletman
11-28-2002, 10:44 PM
rage was ok, didnt care for thier political message. soundgarden was cool, i i dont know a single song by name, but i can sing a lo of them

TeriB19
11-28-2002, 10:54 PM
Their political message was the main reason I didn't listen to them.

luvscott4ever
11-30-2002, 08:30 AM
I braved Best Buy yesterday to get the Audioslave cd..and some other stuff..almost $100 worth..Whew!! So I listened to it while I cleaned my house...I really liked it...I also think Chris has an awesome voice, that's what got me interested...I've never really heard any of Rage and Soundgarden's music, (you could say I'm pretty new to the "new" rock and roll music, have only really been listening to it for last 6-9 months or so), so I haven't been influenced in any way, shape of form..and I really enjoyed their cd!!

Dogstar
11-30-2002, 01:33 PM
Boy, Luvscott, you have taken in a ton of rock in so short a time! That is awesome. Soundgarden was around in the late 80s and early 90s. I think they broke up around 94 or 95. Super band with a little Led Zep flavor. I would recommend their Superunknown CD. It's really good.

hotforscott
11-30-2002, 01:38 PM
superunknown is very good!

Dogstar
11-30-2002, 01:44 PM
Black Hole Sun and Spoonman...Love those tunes.

hotforscott
11-30-2002, 01:50 PM
me, too, the video the BHS was kind of weird through. what was up with the barbie BBQ and the weird smiles.

Dogstar
12-01-2002, 02:20 AM
I never saw that one. I haven't had cable for about five years and I haven't watched MTV in more than 15. I'm a little out of the loop on some of the videos.:D

Dogstar
12-15-2002, 01:41 PM
The more I listen to this CD, the more I love it. What You Are is fast becoming my favorite on the disk. It's got such a great groove. I find myself hitting repeat on this one. Same with Shadow on the Sun. I hope these guys keep putting out music. I hope they go on tour as well. I would go in a heartbeat.

Dogstar
01-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Audioslave posted a tour schedule on their web site, international and U.S.!!! They are scheduled to come to Philly March 7. I am so there!

www.audioslave.com (http://www.audioslave.com)

PaulMcCoygirl
01-11-2003, 02:10 AM
Woohooo!:dancing:

Dogstar
01-11-2003, 02:13 AM
I hope they have some good openers...Would LOVE it if Jerry Cantrell toured with them. He's supposedly good friends with Chris Cornell, who's married to Susan Silver, who managed Alice In Chains back in the day....Ohhhhh, that would be sweet!

PaulMcCoygirl
01-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Chris Cornell is married to Susan Silver?:confused: Didn't know that.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-11-2003, 02:35 AM
I didn't know he was married.....

Dogstar
01-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I think he still is...I think they had a kid a couple of year ago as well. She managed Soundgarden, too, which is how they got together, I guess.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Lucky lady because he is not bad looking! ;)

Dogstar
01-12-2003, 02:31 AM
He looked even better with his long hair a few years ago. :D Nice eyes, though.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-12-2003, 04:27 AM
Very nice eyes! I have this thing for guys with spikey hair that's dyed at the tips blonde or black or whatever color. Guys with piercings aren't bad and tatoos....but they have to have nice arms! ;) I saw this guy at Denny's when I went with my friends an he was pretty cute. He had spikey black hair, piercing on both ears, kinda built...I guess you could say he was kind of punkish but not really. It surprised my friends cuz they didn't know I liked the sort of wild guy. :pant: :punk3: :punk2:

Dogstar
01-12-2003, 10:05 PM
LOL, Alisha, too cute. The eyes always get me first. That's the first thing I notice.

hotforscott
01-12-2003, 10:10 PM
I still haven't heard them. They were on the radio, but I caught the ass end of it and all I heard was them talking about the 1 month tour. The closest they are coming to me is Dallas, TX, which is 8 hours away so I may have to hold off. Y'all have fun though if you can make it. Seems like they are awesome. I am gonna have to check them out.

Dogstar
01-12-2003, 10:31 PM
I highly recommend the album. If you liked Soundgarden at all, you'll like this one. I liked Rage, too, and it's an interesting blend. I can't wait for 3/7...Another concert to go to! woooooo-hooooo!

PaulMcCoygirl
01-13-2003, 07:01 AM
Yeah I thought Rage was awesome too! :)

Dogstar
01-18-2003, 03:28 AM
Well, I tried to get a ticket for the Audioslave Philly show. They went on sale Friday and I couldn't get through. By the time I did, it was SOLD OUT!!!! :crying: I am so bummed. I hope I can find one on eBay or something. They were cheap, too. Only 30 bucks! The place only holds about 3,500 people.

PaulMcCoygirl
01-20-2003, 01:28 AM
That sucks! I would be so mad!! I hope you are able to find one.
:(

Dogstar
01-20-2003, 03:00 AM
Update: I got two tix off eBay today. Hopefully, they are the real deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I just need to find someone to go with me. I'm going to try to talk my sis into coming down for the weekend. Maybe she'll go with me. If not, I'll bet I can sell the other one on concert day. I'm stoked, though. I LOVE THAT NEW ALBUM!

PaulMcCoygirl
01-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Woohooo!!!! I'm glad you got some tickets!! Have fun at the show! Tell us how it went!

Dogstar
01-26-2003, 02:44 AM
There will be a full report for sure. I'm so stoked because now Pearl Jam are touring, too....I LOVE LIVE MUSIC!!!

JenRN
02-04-2003, 04:07 PM
I am really digging the song "Like a stone" I think I will buy the CD!:D

Dogstar
02-04-2003, 07:34 PM
Yeah, Like A Stone is a really pretty song. It's starting to get some radio play :)!

JenRN
02-26-2003, 05:59 PM
All I have to say is WOW!!!!! I bought the Audioslave Cd in PA and listened to it the whole way home! That is one AWESOME CD!!!! Chris Cornell sounded great and the music ROCKED!!! I was pleasantly surprised!!! What a GREAT concert it would be, I really like Getaway Car and lots others, it was REALLY good!!!:dancing: :dancing:

Dogstar
02-26-2003, 09:45 PM
That's awesome, Jen. I thought you'd like it. I've also read a few reviews of the first shows in the U.S. and it's looking like a good deal. I can't WAIT until March 7 when I see them in Philly. It should kick major a**!

Lechium
02-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Am I the only person who's disspaonted with Auidoslave? I was really waiting for it, from the say they announced it, back than under name Civillan. I find the album to pretty bleak and unorigial. I dont mind slower songs at all, and RATM + singing is not what I wanted. Aside of "Like A Stone" which stood out from the moment I popped the CD in the player, most songs are pretty bland... alright I'll give it one more listen right now (although i did a lot already), and tell you if my mind changed a bit.

Steve
02-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Oh man, I think jango was right... this CD has to be one of the best of 2002... I just got the album... GREAT CD!!!

Lechium
02-26-2003, 10:27 PM
Sigur Ros -- ()
The Flaming Lips -- Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
dredg -- El Cielo
Queens Of The Stone Age -- Songs For The Deaf
DJ Shadow -- Private Press
Beck -- Sea Change

Also concider these ones for best of 2002 title please...

Dogstar
02-26-2003, 10:29 PM
And Jerry Cantrell's Degradation Trip. My personal fave of 2002 :D...But I LOVE Audioslave, too. I think it's a terrific CD. I like the mix of soft songs and harder ones.

JenRN
02-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Shadow of the Sun is a GREAT song!!! I think Audiolave is a awesome CD!!!:dancing:

Dogstar
02-27-2003, 12:22 PM
I hear ya, Jen. That one and What You Are are my favorites right now. I also like Gasoline and Set It Off! Dang, the whole CD is terrific.

Bridge of Clay
02-27-2003, 11:17 PM
I dunno if someone posted it before, but their video kicks some major asses!!! :D

PaulMcCoygirl
02-28-2003, 12:33 AM
I realy like their video Cochise, especially Like A Stone is pretty good too!

GeeK_2004
02-28-2003, 12:56 PM
I think the drummer is really, really cute!!!

Tremontichik006
03-02-2003, 07:41 PM
imo i cant stand audioslave... i like soundgarden, i like rage.. but when they r put together... i cant stand it

Dogstar
03-02-2003, 08:54 PM
I love them. I love Chris Cornell's voice and Tom Morello kicks a** on guitar! I think it's a really cool blend. I can't wait until the Philly show...FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!