Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Im agnostic [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Im agnostic

CollectiveSoul
04-25-2003, 08:53 PM
And im proud of it so no one get on my case about it.

Lechium
04-25-2003, 09:51 PM
I'm agnostic too and people get on my case all the time =)

JulieCitySlicker
04-25-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey, Great! You 2 can have your own little agnostic party:rolleyes: ;)

Lechium
04-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Yeah until crazed Christians show up and start scaring us with pits of hell into joining them.

CollectiveSoul
04-25-2003, 11:33 PM
hahah well i dont believe in the whole heaven hell thing.

bgivens33
04-26-2003, 08:29 AM
"This sort of behavior is left to the psychotic, dogmatic, fundamentalist believers you see on T.V. everyday letting off bombs and killing people in the name of God. Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing."

~Tool

I love this "paradox" by Tool. It has quite a bit of "truth" to it. But, I think they left out of big part. I agree that to a certain extent beliefs cause the mind to stop functioning. I think that when you find complacentcy in some sort of faith, your mind closes up completely. But, I also feel that if you don't have faith or believe in nothing, your mind is just as completely braindead. Who would want to live a life where you have no faith or beliefs?? Seems a bit monotonous to me.

I have never and probably will never be able to comprehend how Atheist can logically rationalize their beliefs. It just doesn't add up to me. I do understand where Agnostics come from. I would just encourage you not to get comfortable on the fence. Keep seraching in more of the intangible areas of life. Just don't ever stop searching.

Lechium
04-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Yup.

Remeber movie "Dogma"? Mian idea there was that beliefs are a bad idea. Rather than that you should just try to have a good idea of what's going on. Cuz idea's can be changed over time with ease, and beliefs -- not. Very smart movie.

P.S. it's kinda hard to be comfortable agnostic, cuz agnostic = "I think there's something, but what? Dunno." So yeah search goes on =)

Unforgiven Fan
04-26-2003, 03:18 PM
i think agnostic is best to be in, in my humble opinon....

goddess_bb
04-26-2003, 06:20 PM
I have felt a "higher" power in life many times but I struggle with the whole organized religion concept...so what does that make me?? Not agnostic...but not christian??
Anyone here ever had an experience with a psychic? I actually talked with a friend of mine that had died..I know you all think I'm a loon bird, weather you want to believe me or not it was a facinating experience...

JulieCitySlicker
04-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
<b>I have felt a "higher" power in life many times but I struggle with the whole organized religion concept...so what does that make me?? Not agnostic...but not christian??
Anyone here ever had an experience with a psychic? I actually talked with a friend of mine that had died..I know you all think I'm a loon bird, weather you want to believe me or not it was a facinating experience... </b> Wow! Did you get chills while you were talking to them:angel: That would be kinda comforting in some ways.

Bridge of Clay
04-26-2003, 09:01 PM
According to the Bible, itīs devilīs angels operating this kind of stuff... you canīt talk to dead people: theyīre dead!

JenRN
04-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey agnostic or whatever it is your business!

JulieCitySlicker
04-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
According to the Bible, itīs devilīs angels operating this kind of stuff... you canīt talk to dead people: theyīre dead! I don't believe in talking to dead people :eek: :eek: :eek: That would creep me out:(

goddess_bb
04-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Hmmmm..guys that is why I worry, in my opinion and only my opinion it is dangerous to be so closed minded.
Yes, Julie it was creepy and if it was "devil's angels" why did no harm come to me. He wanted me to know that he was okay. Look even me who likes to think of herself as being pretty open-minded had a hard time believing it, except that he said very direct intensional things that only he could of known.

Lechium
04-27-2003, 12:11 AM
Why whenever something what Bible doesnt cover happens, people say that it is work of Devil? Come on. If people can die and than get back to life (clinical death) than why cant dead people communicate with the living?

goddess_bb
04-27-2003, 02:15 PM
Thank you Lechium :bow: :bow:, once again you make a valid point. I know I am going to get my head ripped off for saying this but one of the major issues I have with organized religion is that somehow it really closes off people's minds to all the possibilities.. has anyone ever considered the notion that people who talk to the dead are instruments of the "higher power"??

bracing myself...lol

JulieCitySlicker
04-27-2003, 04:27 PM
So just because we don't agree on something you do we are close minded:rolleyes: Take a look at it this way, Christians are not going to agree with agnostics. God doesn't agree with satan its as simple as that.

whitebird
04-27-2003, 06:57 PM
godess bb-I don't think that because you do not follow an organized religion, it makes you any less of a Christian. It is our beliefs that make us what we are in our hearts, not whether we belong to a church, stand up, sit down, kneel down on command.
How you treat people on a day to day basis, the love that you give, and the difference that you make in the world, that is what counts.

For many people, the formal church is very comforting, for others, they find spirituality in nature, people, and all the things that God created.

I myself am a Christian, and I also have the ability to see honesty and truth in other religions. So, I am a Christian and more.

I have said for a long time, that I know both far too much and far too little to follow any one religion.

goddess_bb
04-27-2003, 11:38 PM
Julie, love I was not calling you closed minded what I was trying to say is that like Lechium said when something happens that can't be explained by the bible it is said to the devil and that is what I think is closed mined. I believe that the higher power has a hand in everything, there is bad in the world yes but what is truly evil and what is people just meeting their destiny??
Yes it is true angonists and christians will disagree true but we are all humans and we need to remember that...
Whitebird, I truly appreciate your sentiment and agree with you on alot of levels. I have personally have bad some bad experiences with people who proclaimed they were christian but in fact were hypocrits..so I would also would like to believe that I am beyond a one organised religion and myself a spirtual person.

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by goddess_bb
Julie, love I was not calling you closed minded what I was trying to say is that like Lechium said when something happens that can't be explained by the bible it is said to the devil and that is what I think is closed mined. I believe that the higher power has a hand in everything, there is bad in the world yes but what is truly evil and what is people just meeting their destiny??
&nbsp;Yes it is true angonists and christians will disagree true but we are all humans and we need to remember that...
&nbsp; Whitebird, I truly appreciate your sentiment and agree with you on alot of levels. I have personally have bad some bad experiences with people who proclaimed they were christian but in fact were hypocrits..so I would also would like to believe that I am beyond a one organised religion and myself a spirtual person. Sorry I missunderstood you:angel: I do agree with what you are saying:P I know that everyone is different in what they believe in and I axcept that. I'm trying and learning everyday to be more axcepting to people and what they believe! Cuz we are not all going to believe in the same things, that is what gives us individuality and uniqueness as people. I am a christian and I know that I am far from perfect. I have my flaws as sometimes I have shown here unfortunately. There are just a lot of things I still need to work on and I'll be the first to admit that. I believe that God doesn't want us all to believe the same things, He did make us in His image but he made us different on the outside for a reason:angel: