Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Answer these questions to determine your World View [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Answer these questions to determine your World View

Wadrick
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
A World View is very important. You have one, and you do not even know it. Answer these questions, so that you can know your World View. It will definately halp you in your life. It helped me. I learned about all this a class that I am taking. Have fun.

1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?

3. What is the essential nature of man?

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?

6. What happens to man at death?

7. What is the meaning of History?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lechium
04-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Gotta be something. Define god thou. Buddist (Zen) belive in collective counsiusnes (sp?). Can this be concidered to be god? Can same identiy be viewd by some people as two different things, i.e. Christians call it God, Greeks call it Zeus, some African tribe calls it Ahatma-Bu, and some guy with mental disorder, who sees things, calls it Joe and like to have an occasional chit-chat with him. Different peopel can see same thing from different angles and therefore interprete it defferently.

I think astro-physics describes currect materisl univerce pretty well. Whole Big Bang theory. Spiritual world (afterlife, etc) thou is a mystery to me.

You mean -- is man sinful? No. Confused many times thou, and selfish.

Uhhh... dunno... sometimes it all depends on a person -- put two people in same situation and one will eb happy and otehr will suffer.

Every person has their own set of morals and etics. Comes from surroundings, and people choose set that fits them best.

That's what I know more than anything. I think there is afterlife, but what kind? I sorta like stuff Robert Monroe decries in "Journies Out Of The Body". Seems possible and logical.

What do you mean? History is a collection of facst from the past. Does it repete? Well human nature is constant thoughout time, therefore history has to repete.

Wadrick
04-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Dang Lechium (BTW, what does that name mean), I just wrote several papers about people just like you who have some very intricate world views. OY are definately one of those persons. But if I may, I would like to argue your standings with my information about your beliefs ;)

1. There is most definately something. But I wll not tell you where to find out about Him until later. Yes, you can call a "conscienceness" a "god." But I am looking for something greater, something that can actually do things, and not just exist like a "conscienceness" does. A god needs to be able to do things. Zeus is a god, but not the right one. He is a flase gad, who was made up by Homer in a poem. I would seriously doubt that men like Buddah, Mohommed, and Confucious were gods. Now, Mohammed is a different story. When he first had his vision concerning Allah, he was completely sure that it was not a divine vision, but instead a demonic vision. The only reason that we have a religion "Islam" today is because of his wife. She convinced him to believe it, even through he did not want to. He was sure that it was a demonic vision. But go with the womes, if you want to be wrong ;)

2. Concerning, the universe created by the big bang, I would like to borrow some info I just found on the web concerning the big bang theory. This may be a little long, but please read it.

The Big Bang scenario speculates that the marvelously ordered Universe randomly resulted from a gigantic explosion – a “holocaust,” to use Jastrow’s term. Never in the history of human experience has a chaotic explosion been observed producing an intricate order that operates purposefully. An explosion in a print shop does not produce an encyclopedia. A tornado sweeping through a junkyard does not assemble a Boeing 747. No building contractor dumps his materials on a vacant lot, attaches dynamite, and then waits for a completed home from the resulting “bang.” The idea is absurd. Evolutionist Donald Page was correct when he wrote: “There is no mechanism known as yet that would allow the Universe to begin in an arbitrary state and then evolve to its present highly ordered state” (1983, p. 40).

If the Universe started with an explosion, one would expect that all matter/energy should have been propelled radially from the explosion center – consistent with the principle of angular momentum. It would not be expected that the Universe would be characterized by the curving and orbiting motions that are commonly observed, e.g., the revolution of our earth around the sun (cf. Morris, 1984, p. 150).

For years scientists have been attempting to measure the microwave radiation that is coming in from all parts of the Universe. It is conjectured that this radiation is the left-over heat from the original Big Bang. The problem is, wherever this radiation has been measured, it has been found to be extremely uniform, which does not harmonize with the fact that the Universe itself is not uniform; rather, it is “clumpy,” i.e., composed of intermittent galaxies and voids. If the Big Bang Theory were true, there should be a correlation between the material composition of the Universe (since everything emits thermal heat) and the corresponding radiation temperature. But such is not the case.
Over the past few years, the news media have made much of the report that new measurements of background radiation reveal some variation. The press has hailed this as proof of the Big Bang. The facts are:

(a) the temperature differential supposedly detected was only about thirty millionths of one degree, and there are other possible explanations for this circumstance apart from the hypothetical Bang;

(B) some of the scientists involved in the project question that the instruments employed for measuring the radiation are sensitive enough to warrant the conclusions that are being drawn;

© others, who claim that additional testing has confirmed their assertion of temperature “ripples,” confess now that it is “harder than ever” to explain “how these ripples grew into the starry structures that fill the universe” (Flam, 1993, p. 31).

Even the respected science journal Nature suggested it is a “cause of some alarm” that the media have characterized this flimsy evidence as “proof” of the Big Bang (1992, p. 731). Why do some religionists gravitate to these groundless theories in deference to plain Bible statements?

The fact is, there are significant contradictions between the Big Bang Theory and the Bible record. Let us reflect on some of these.

As noted earlier, the Bible plainly teaches that the entire Universe, including the earth with its various “kinds” of biological organisms, came into being during the six, literal days of the creation week (Gen. 1; Ex. 20:11). The Big Bang theory postulates eons of time.
Some, of course, contend that:

(a) there may have been a vast “gap” between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, thus accommodating the alleged time involved in the expansion and development of the Universe following the Big Bang;

(B) the “days” of Genesis 1 were not “literal” days;

© perhaps there were gaps between the days of the creation week, etc.

But none of these twisted theories has an ounce of credibility if one seriously considers that God has communicated the historical record in an understandable fashion through His inspired Word. Each of the theories mentioned above is designed to bring the Bible into harmony with evolutionary chronology (for further study, see my book Evolution, Creation, and the Age of the Earth). (See catalog section.)

The Big Bang myth allows that the sun was formed long before the earth. Various theories have been formulated to explain how the Universe came to be organized after the initial explosion. Take your choice – the planetesimal theory, the nebular theory, the dust cloud theory – they all have one thing in common. They assert that the earth is a new-comer compared to the sun. However, the Bible teaches that the earth was created first, and the sun came later – on the fourth day of the first week (Genesis 1:1;14-16). The same point can be made regarding the stars. The Bible puts them after the earth; the evolutionary model teaches otherwise. Of course some have attempted to solve this difficulty with yet another slippery compromise. They allege that the “creative acts” of Genesis 1 are not necessarily “in chronological order” (Willis, 1979, p. 92).

The Big Bang Theory supposes that the Universe started with a chaotic explosion which then proceeded toward order. The Bible teaches the exact opposite. God created the Universe as a beautiful and orderly masterpiece, but it has been degenerating toward disorder in the intervening millennia (Psa. 102:25ff; Heb. 1:10-12).

Big Bang cosmology postulates a Universe that is near 20 billion years old, with the human race evolving only 3 or 4 million years ago. According to this view, a vast period of time separates the origin of the Universe from that of mankind.
But the Scriptures affirm:

(a) The human family came into existence the same week as the Universe (Gen. 1; Ex. 20:11). Man has thus existed from the beginning of the creation (Isa. 40:21; Mk. 10:6; Lk. 11:50; Rom. 1:20).

(B) Human antiquity extends to only a few thousand years before Christ, as evinced by the genealogical records of the Lord’s ancestry all the way back to Adam – the first man (1 Cor. 15:45). There are some two millennia spanning the present back to Jesus Christ; another 2,000 years push history back to the time of Abraham. There are only 20 generations between Abraham and Adam (Lk. 3:23-38). Even if one concedes that some minor gaps exist in the Old Testament narrative (cf. Gen. 11:12; Lk. 3:35-36), surely no responsible Bible student will contend that 20 billion years can be squeezed into those 20 generations. The Universe thus cannot be billions of years old.

Big Bang chronology and biblical chronology are woefully at variance.

The Big Bang Theory is without validity. It has the support of neither genuine science nor responsible biblical exegesis. For once we agree with several evolutionists who admit: “Cosmology is unique in science in that it is a very large intellectual edifice based on very few facts” (Arp, et al., 1990, p. 812).

In view of that, it can hardly be classified as “science.”

3. Yes. Is man sinful? I say yes. Man is also confused, and amny others say that the nature of man is good, or ignorant of what is ggod, and therefore is not evil, but good. Man is not good. Do you see all those rapers, murderers, killers, robbers, burglerers, and all of them? Are they good? No, they are evil. Inknow that you may not be a killer, raper, or stealer, but you have probably thought about all those things, right? I know that I have. But that doesn't mena that I am one of them right? wrong, I am one of them even if I think it. Have you ever felt that you have done something wrong by just thinking it? Ihave. But Romans chapter three says, "there is none good, no not one."

4. Well, that is true, but sin is the cause of evil and suffering. When Adam first sinned in the garden iof eden, gor cursed the ground and told him that he would suffer for sinning. He woulsd suffer, by the ground. the ground would not to what it ws supposed to do. It would now grow thorns and thistles It had not done that before man sinned.

If al lthjose muderers, etc were not here, don't you think that the world would be a better place? Sure we wouls still have trouble, but that is all part of the game.

5. Yep, that is true, we each have our own set of rules. but what about the ones that our government sets up? What about the ones that god sets up? Surely Buddha had rules. Have you ever broken one of them? The basis of moralitly and ethics is God's laws.

6. What does Robert Monroe say? How an I argue with you, If I don't know what you think?

Ill finish this next. Scrool down. I ran out of Space. LONG

Wadrick
04-22-2003, 07:03 PM
7. History seems to repeat itself, but history is here so that we can know HIs STORY. History is here so that we can know the plan that God has for us i.e. salvation, and all that. If we did not have HIs STORY, how whould we know what he wanted to do for us?

Even the word history is derived from HIs STORY meaning God's story.

Cool huh?

What do you think?

Lechium
04-22-2003, 07:21 PM
Uhhh long... weill take me soem time to digest...

Robert Monroe is a guy who had repetetive out of body experinces, so he wrote several books in which he documented them and tried to structure these observations. Pure scientific approach to... basically visiting afterlife and other places. That stuff is hard to belive, but he did perform some experiments to pove it, so it is defently a valid possibility.

Link to his 1st book ---> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0385008619/qid=1051053483/sr=8-5/ref=sr_8_5/104-2283130-5631105?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Out of Body Experinces (OBE) are a very interesting (and controvercial) phenomenan that has been studied and getting some attention since 50ies I think. Just do a search on it in google for more info. They even have tequnicies that supposed to help you to achive OBE. Very interestign stuff.

Wadrick
04-28-2003, 12:44 PM
is anyone going to give me an answer???

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Wadrick
A World View is very important. You have one, and you do not even know it. Answer these questions, so that you can know your World View. It will definately halp you in your life. It helped me. I learned about all this a class that I am taking. Have fun.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Sorry Wadrick :angel: but I'm gonna choose not to answer those question for now;) You all know my feelings and what I believe! No offense toward anyone though:P

Wadrick
04-28-2003, 12:59 PM
I only know your opinions on a few subjects.

Are you ashamed of the gospel of Christ?

Answer them!!

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 01:02 PM
I am not ashamed of anything:confused: I'm just not gonna even start this again

bgivens33
04-28-2003, 01:18 PM

I am certain there is. You can't describe God using human characteristics. And I don't want to make any assumptions.

I personally beleive in some type of theistic evolution. I don't understand why God couldn't have used evolution as his paintbrush.

Selfish.

You can't point the finger at any one thing. You will have good times in life and you will have bad times.

Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. One of the most basic principles of all major religions.

No clue. I do feel it's a bit convienent to think that we have some sort of afterlife.

That question doesn't make sence. What is the purpose of history?? That is like asking what the meaning of a computer is.

I'm not sure where you heard the history comes from "his story". To my knowledge it comes from the Latin word historia. And another thing, according to Christianity, God created evil. So, blaming it on Adam and the apple is a bit naive.

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 01:38 PM
1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?Yes! There is a god! God is love, He is full of endless light, unconditional love and forgiveness, there to catch us when we fall, and is always there waiting with open arms to welcome us back!

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?Before the fall of Adam and Eve the world was perfect just like God, there was no sin in it. No one had to work for anything, no one had to search for food because it was all there. For in the beginning God had made animals not as food but that every one was to eat fruits and vegetables. It wasn't till after Adam and Eve's sin that sin and death entered the world. Then God made animals as food after that.

3. What is the essential nature of man?Man was created to stand by his wife and to be the provider

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?Our sins and selfishness

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?Morality is the standard we live by and the structure of life

6. What happens to man at death? It depends on what his beliefs are, If he believes in God and axcepts Christ then there is a place with eternal rewards, where there is no saddness or death, or heartache, pain, sufering. There will be none of it there whatsoever! You don't even have to eat if you don't want to because you will not be hungry! There will be everlasting love and happiness there. Streets of gold Fruit trees that never lose there fruit,ect.

7. What is the meaning of History?History if there to give you a maens of what was here before us. I was never really good at history in school though.

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
1. Is there a God or gods - if so, what are they like?Yes! There is a god! God is love, He is full of endless light, unconditional love and forgiveness, there to catch us when we fall, and is always there waiting with open arms to welcome us back!

2. What is the nature of the universe - its origin and structure?Before the fall of Adam and Eve the world was perfect just like God, there was no sin in it. No one had to work for anything, no one had to search for food because it was all there. For in the beginning God had made animals not as food but that every one was to eat fruits and vegetables. It wasn't till after Adam and Eve's sin that sin and death entered the world. Then God made animals as food after that.

3. What is the essential nature of man?Man was created to stand by his wife and to be the provider

4. What is cause of evil and suffering?Our sins and selfishness

5. What is the basis of morality and ethics?Morality is the standard we live by and the structure of life  

6. What happens to man at death? It depends on what his beliefs are, If he believes in God and axcepts Christ then there is a place with eternal rewards, where there is no saddness or death, or heartache, pain, sufering. There will be none of it there whatsoever! You don't even have to eat if you don't want to because you will not be hungry! There will be everlasting love and happiness there. Streets of gold Fruit trees that never lose there fruit,ect.Or there is the alternative where people that deny God go...HELL!

7. What is the meaning of History?History if there to give you a maens of what was here before us. I was never really good at history in school though.

Unforgiven Fan
04-28-2003, 07:58 PM

There is a God which is primaraly a force that governs the universe and the lives that are in it

God helped develop the the universe but God lets it grow and mature by itself with God looking over it.

the essential nature of man is to live in harmony with the other living creatures of the earth and the universe.

First evil and suffering is a human concept so if there were no humans there will be no evil and suffering...but the cause is amibition, ego, money, lust, etc.

what comes around go around so if you do not want crap to hit your face then do not throw crap at other people's face.

My theory right now:
You die then A)you soul is carried to another dimension if you have been decent in your life B) you are reincarnated if you just barely missed A) or C)you rot in hell or place like that

dumb question.......

Wadrick
04-28-2003, 08:12 PM
I just accidentally erased my who response. please hold on until I write it again, may take a couple of days ;)

j/k

Wadrick
05-05-2003, 01:22 PM
julie, in the nature of man, I mean is man sinful or somehting like that.

And no, man was not created to stand my his wife. the wife was created to stand by the man. first man was created, and then woman to be the mans helper. look it up in Genesis.

Man is supposed to be the provider, but I do not think that that was his sole purpose in his creation in the least.

JulieCitySlicker
05-05-2003, 01:51 PM
julie, in the nature of man, I mean is man sinful or somehting like that.

And no, man was not created to stand my his wife. the wife was created to stand by the man. first man was created, and then woman to be the mans helper. look it up in Genesis.

Man is supposed to be the provider, but I do not think that that was his sole purpose in his creation in the least. Oh Ya! Thanks for correcting me on that one Wadrick:angel: I mixed them up there;)

Wadrick
05-05-2003, 03:06 PM
cool deal

mel!ssa
05-10-2003, 08:10 AM
okayyyy, sorry, but you're making it sound like man is free to do what he wants, he has no responsibility, but his wife must stick with him? Yes the woman was created as a helper to the man, but if Adam had ditched Eve do you think God would be happy? The marriage vow goes both ways.

Wadrick - believing that the six days were not literal days does not mean you support the theory of evolution. Why is it impossible for God to have created the earth in six 'lengths of time' as the word 'day' in the original Hebrew can also mean? Don't assume that everything that's not exactly what you believe is a support for the complete opposite. And must you be so rudely demanding? If someone chooses not to post their replies to your little thing, that is no reason to critisize and demean them and accuse them of being ashamed of what they believe in. Maybe they just don't want to post......?

mel!ssa
05-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Yes - one God, a loving, powerful, wise and just God. (John 17:3, 1 John 4:8, Isaiah 40:26, Job 9:4, Psalms 37:28)

God created the universe, with Earth meant to be as a perfect world for humans to inhabit and enjoy. (Genesis 1:1, 27, 28)

Humans were created to enjoy life and worship the true God. Since things were screwed a bit, it's hard to enjoy life sometimes and we are all sinners - all inherently, all from sinning some time in our lives. Some try not to sin, but none are successful. (Genesis 1:28, Revelation 4:11, Romans 5:12, Romans 7:19, 21)

4. What is the cause of evil and suffering?
The Devil chose to resist God and try to be equal with Him, turning others away from God. This, together with humans' sinfulness, has resulted in the evil and the consequential suffering we see today. (John 8:44, Proverbs 1:32, Galatians 6:7)

We were created to follow God's laws, some of which we all try to follow and some of which seem to have been completetly thrown out the window. (Isaiah 48:17, Exodus 20:13, 1st Corinthians 10:8)

The soul, the life of a person, dies. The deceased goes back to dust and stays there unless God chooses to resurrect them after Armageddon. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, Psalms 146:4, Ezekial 18:4, Revelation 20:4, 6, Acts 24:15, John 5:28, 29)

To teach and remind ourselves not to make the same mistakes - but because of our current sinfulness, it doesn't really work. (Proverbs 1:32, Galatians 6:7)

mel!ssa
05-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by bgivens33
And another thing, according to Christianity, God created evil.  So, blaming it on Adam and the apple is a bit naive.
Not sure which 'Christianity' you're goin by, but God created an angel, who abused the free will given to him, became the Devil, caused a lot of crap to happen...basically, it's impossible for the true God to have 'created evil'. John 8:44, Deuteronomy 32:4, Psalms 5:4. :D

Wadrick
05-10-2003, 10:20 PM
I just messed this whole thing up. I deleted it accidentally, and screw me. I am ticked off at myself, hold on till I can repsond to you againd

Lechium
05-11-2003, 12:50 AM
God created everything.
Evil is part of everything.
Therfore God created evil.

mel!ssa
05-11-2003, 09:13 PM
i made a cake. It went mouldy. Did i create mould?

Lechium
05-11-2003, 09:17 PM
If you create cake in a vacuum it would nto go moldy, because mold spores that floats in the air would not get moldy. Cake got moldy in yoru case because of an outside infuence.

God however created EVRYTHING, so there is no way something from outside could infuence it.

mel!ssa
05-12-2003, 01:01 AM
God gave everyone free will. If they choose to use that free will to cause trouble for others, is God responsible? the Devil, once an angel, had free will like all the others and chose to do what he did, resulting in the evil in the world today. God has made arrangements to get rid of this evil, but God is not responsible for the evil. Otherwise we could all just murder anyone and say "oh it's not my fault, God gave me free will and it doesn't matter how i use it, cos it's all God's fault, he's the one who gave it to me" which i understand some people actually do use as an excuse for their actions...

Bridge of Clay
05-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by mel!ssa
<b>God gave everyone free will. &nbsp;If they choose to use that free will to cause trouble for others, is God responsible? &nbsp;the Devil, once an angel, had free will like all the others and chose to do what he did, resulting in the evil in the world today. &nbsp;God has made arrangements to get rid of this evil, but God is not responsible for the evil. &nbsp;Otherwise we could all just murder anyone and say "oh it's not my fault, God gave me free will and it doesn't matter how i use it, cos it's all God's fault, he's the one who gave it to me" which i understand some people actually do use as an excuse for their actions... </b>

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:) stole my words!

souldancer
05-12-2003, 02:01 PM
UF...enjoyed and appreciated your answers!

Wadrick
05-12-2003, 03:01 PM
do you mean free will as unto salvation? or just free will in general - everyone can do what they want?

well, we do not have free will unto salvation, but we do have free will in general in a sense. we can do what we want, but it has all been planned and maped out by god what we would do.

mel!ssa
05-12-2003, 07:59 PM
Don't know what you mean by 'free will unto salvation' :dunno: please explain?

Well i don't believe in fate, or that God has mapped everything out. So i say free will as in total free will, with consequences should we choose the wrong course. If our lives are mapped out, our choices already made for us, that is not free will. That is making us little robots who must do what God says, rather than loving worshippers who do it because they want to.

Wadrick
05-12-2003, 08:41 PM
"free will unto salvation" means that we choose wather we go to heaven or hell. In other words, we have to choice to get ourselves to heaven. That is not correct. God has said many times that he calls and chooses us, and that he foreknew us before the foundation of the world. If you believe that man has free will in that sense, the best arguement is this: we, who are evil, (which is the nature of all human beings, Romans 3:23) cannot choose God, Romans 3:11. Free will means that we chose weather we are saved or not. well being saved is choosing God, and we cannot choose God, because God says that none seeks after God.

I have posted this answer several times. God has laid out the paths of us before the foundation of the world. he foreknew us, and predetermined what we would dp before the foundation of the earth, and the universe. The Bible says that several time. lookit up in your or a bible that you can get, but it is there.

does all that make sense?

Wadrick
05-12-2003, 08:42 PM
what makes yo think that God gave everyone free will?

mel!ssa
05-12-2003, 10:12 PM
i'm at school right now but i will look that stuff up when i get home and can use the net. i didn't know you had 'posted that answer several times'. If you read my answers to your original 7 questions, you'd know that i don't believe we all go to either heaven or hell after we die. I don't believe in hell at all, and i believe only a select few go to heaven (but that does not mean the rest just die, will explain later if you want)

will try to explain more when i have more time!

Wadrick
05-13-2003, 09:25 AM
yes please explain that theory. do you believe in a purgatory or something like that?

the bible says that those whose names are nto written in the book of life, they will be cast into the lake of fire, where the devil and his serpent are forever and ever and be tormented. that is hell. the people whos names are written n the book of life will enter into heaven to be with Jesus and God forever and ever all throughout eternity.

Wadrick
05-13-2003, 09:36 AM
okayyyy, sorry, but you're making it sound like man is free to do what he wants, he has no responsibility, but his wife must stick with him? &nbsp;Yes the woman was created as a helper to the man, but if Adam had ditched Eve do you think God would be happy? &nbsp;The marriage vow goes both ways.

Wadrick - believing that the six days were not literal days does not mean you support the theory of evolution. &nbsp; Why is it impossible for God to have created the earth in six 'lengths of time' as the word 'day' in the original Hebrew can also mean? &nbsp;Don't assume that everything that's not exactly what you believe is a support for the complete opposite. &nbsp;And must you be so rudely demanding? &nbsp;If someone chooses not to post their replies to your little thing, that is no reason to critisize and demean them and accuse them of being ashamed of what they believe in. &nbsp;Maybe they just don't want to post......?

Well, I disagree with your statement believing that the six days were not literal days does not mean you support the theory of evolution I believe that it does. Theistic evolution allow for a so called "christian to believe in God, and the bible, and believe in evolution. in theistic evolution, the seven nonliteral days, are the same billions of years in the real evolution. I just did a study on evoution by a christian who once was a evolutionist scientist, and he concluded that the so called facts of evoltuon did not add up. I will post them here if you want me to.

do you believe in evolution?

mel!ssa
05-13-2003, 09:23 PM
No i don't believe in purgatory - not even sure if i know what it is.

When i said 'six days not literal...evolution...etc' i just assumed you would realise that means i do not believe in evolution. Like i said, why is it impossible for God to have created the earth in six lengths of time..etc..? please read all of my posts before you reply.

Wadrick
05-13-2003, 10:34 PM
I did read all your posts. I am not responsible you yor assumptions.

God did not use seven "long days" to creat the earth because principle in the Jewish religion of the week, and the sabbath is the same. God created the universe and everything in it in the first 6 days. on the seventh day, he rested. in the jewish religion, they are supposed to work the first six days and rest on the seventh as God did. If god took millions of years to create the world during the seven "day" periods, then the jews would not be resting on the sevent literal day iof the week, but rather millions of years larter. the principle is the same.

What theisic evoltuioonist believe is true evolution. the seven "nonliteral days" were the millions and billions of years the the evolutionists and Darwin say the span of the creation of the world was. there is not seperate believe system regarding to evolution for theistic evolutionists contrasted with full blown evolutionists.

don't hold me accountable for what you think thnat I think. I can't read your mind...this is the internet. I did read over all your posts.

Does all the above make sense?

Lechium
05-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah...
Could you think for a second without refering to the Bible? The way you peple are deadlocked on that book, and are unwilling to think outside of the box (box? mental prison rather) amazes me.

mel!ssa
05-14-2003, 12:44 AM
Wadrick and i both believe the Bible to be true. Therefore, it is an acceptable source of information when we are discussing our own beliefs regarding, not if the Bible is true or not, but other areas such as evolution.

mel!ssa
05-14-2003, 12:57 AM
Wadrick - if i say 'why is it impossible for God to have created everything in six "lengths of time" as the original Hebrew word for "day" can also mean?', surely i support creation and not evolution? If i'm giving you evidence for my belief in creation, why do you have to be a mind reader to know i don't believe in evolution?

I was just offended by your question, if i believe in it or not, because i thought i had just clearly established that i don't.

I never said God took millions of years to create everything, just, i believe, not blocks of 24 hours. As for the Jews following the pattern of resting on the seventh day, God is not human. "A million years is as one day to God". He wouldn't have expected humans to work for years, or however long it was, then rest for years, etc. The Jews were humans, therefore they worked and rested in 24hour days, not like God. Don't get mad at me for saying this, this is just what i believe. Just as you have your own beliefs.

creedfan47a
05-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Purgatory is hell, Missy. :devil:

Lech, could you think for a second without your head up your bum? ;)

Bridge of Clay
05-14-2003, 01:28 AM
to make this short, what I believe:

Death & Ressurection
The wages of sin is death. But God, who alone is immortal, will grant eternal life to His redeemed. Until that day death is an unconscious state for all people. When Christ, who is our life, appears, the resurrected righteous and the living righteous will be glorified and caught up to meet their Lord. The second resurrection, the resurrection of the unrighteous, will take place a thousand years later. (Rom. 6:23; 1 Tim. 6:15, 16; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:1-10.)

The Millennium and the End of Sin:
The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Rev. 20; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Jer. 4:23-26; Rev. 21:1-5; Mal. 4:1; Eze. 28:18, 19.)

The Second Coming of Christ:
The second coming of Christ is the blessed hope of the church, the grand climax of the gospel. The Saviour's coming will be literal, personal, visible, and worldwide. When He returns, the righteous dead will be resurrected, and together with the righteous living will be glorified and taken to heaven, but the unrighteous will die. The almost complete fulfillment of most lines of prophecy, together with the present condition of the world, indicates that Christ's coming is imminent. The time of that event has not been revealed, and we are therefore exhorted to be ready at all times. (Titus 2:13; Heb. 9:28; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; Matt. 24:14; Rev. 1:7; Matt. 24:43, 44; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; 2:8; Rev. 14:14-20; 19:11-21; Matt. 24; Mark 13; Luke 21; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 Thess. 5:1-6.)

Creation:
God is Creator of all things, and has revealed in Scripture the authentic account of His creative activity. In six days the Lord made "the heaven and the earth" and all living things upon the earth, and rested on the seventh day of that first week. Thus He established the Sabbath as a perpetual memorial of His completed creative work. The first man and woman were made in the image of God as the crowning work of Creation, given dominion over the world, and charged with responsibility to care for it. When the world was finished it was ``very good,'' declaring the glory of God. (Gen. 1; 2; Ex. 20:8-11; Ps. 19:1-6; 33:6, 9; 104; Heb. 11:3.)

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:36 AM
Wadrick and i both believe the Bible to be true. &nbsp;Therefore, it is an acceptable source of information when we are discussing our own beliefs regarding, not if the Bible is true or not, but other areas such as evolution.

Only problem, however, is that there is like bazillion versions of Bible, so if you're using different ones, you're gonna end up refering to condtradicting "words of God" coming from 2 different books.

mel!ssa
05-14-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
Purgatory is hell, Missy. :devil:

Lech, could you think for a second without your head up your bum? ;)

:lol: :lol:

I thought purgatory was something in between earth and hell, when you're waiting for something... :dunno: i dunno!

If it's hell, why did Wadrick ask if i believe in purgatory right after i said i don't believe in hell? :mad2 unless he didn't read all of my post again...

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:41 AM
:lol: :lol:

I thought purgatory was something in between earth and hell, when you're waiting for something... :dunno: i dunno!

If it's hell, why did Wadrick ask if i believe in purgatory right after i said i don't believe in hell? &nbsp;:mad2 unless he didn't read all of my post again...

Purgatory is not mentioned anyhwere in the Bible... that's just wild Catholic imagination.

creedfan47a
05-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Maybe I'm confused too....... you may be right actually, about the in between thing.

Lech, there are different translations of the Bible, not versions. Some translations are hard to understand (with "thou" and "thy", etc everywhere) and some are much easier to understand, with simple everyday language. It gets contradictory when people substitute their own meanings into the Bible.

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by creedfan47a
<b>Maybe I'm confused too....... you may be right actually, about the in between thing.

Lech, there are different translations of the Bible, not versions. &nbsp;Some translations are hard to understand (with "thou" and "thy", etc everywhere) and some are much easier to understand, with simple everyday language. &nbsp;It gets contradictory when people substitute their own meanings into the Bible. </b>

Nah there are versions. Some of them have some books otehr havent. I think Revelations is one book that is in some bibles bit not others... Also when you translate things you do chaneg meanign around a bit, as some languages dont have exact equivalents of some words or phrases.

I read LOTR in translated in Russian by 2 different people. A lot of details were twisted around, and when I read original even more things changed heh

P.S. Holy Bible. King Jame's VERSION. hummmm....

creedfan47a
05-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Geez, for someone so open-minded, you sure take the word "version" literally, don't you?!!? :rolleyes:

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Well they are different verions. I mean if it is just translation, than why would he call it his version. Sometimes things are exaclty what sticker on them says.

creedfan47a
05-14-2003, 02:01 AM
So what does that "L" on your forehead say about you? :lol:

Lechium
05-14-2003, 02:31 AM
It says that you're seeing things.. dunno..

Bridge of Clay
05-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Leech,

King James version is actually King James translation, when the Bible was first translated to English.

Revelations is in all Bibles. I know what you´re saing. The thing is, after some years (I don´t know how much time later), the Roman Catholic Church added to the Bible new books, called apocryph books. Those apocryph books contain different stuff that contradict parts of the Bible and themselves and they aren´t considered to be truthfully by others teologists and historiators. (sp?)

Bridge of Clay
05-14-2003, 11:59 AM
And King James is considered the best translation from Hebrew/Greek ever.

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
And King James is considered the best translation from Hebrew/Greek ever.

"best" is very subjective.
When you translate book as big as that you are bound to give yrou own interpretation to hard to translate places. Happens all the time.

Lechium
05-14-2003, 01:04 PM
For example...
"Satan" means "enemy" or "opposing force" in Hebrew, but how did he get tranlsated into English? They made it into a name, rather than translating it properly. There you go.

Bridge of Clay
05-14-2003, 06:48 PM
I know.

That´s why it´s considered the best. KJames was more faithfully to the original in Hebrew.

For example: the first Portuguese version says David met his neighbor, while KJ says he layed down with her, exactly what the Hebrew says. It´s just the words that are different, but the meaning is still the same. I dunno why the guy decided to put "meet", but you do understand, when reading, he commited adultery.

Depending on the time translations were done, cultural aspects (specially the literature period/trends) of the time influenced it.

marlsy
05-14-2003, 07:29 PM
ok, you guys have to read this post by someone on my hubbys board, it's long but really interesting....... i'm not saying it's true it just gets you thinking is all I'm saying..................... Let me now what you think about it.
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthre...60&pagenumber=1 (http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42370&perpage=60&pagenumber=1)

read all of RICH'S posts, it really is interesting, I think you Lech will really find it interesting.

Wadrick
05-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Ok, I have several points to make.

Lechium said, "Blah blah blah blah blah...
Could you think for a second without refering to the Bible? The way you peple are deadlocked on that book, and are unwilling to think outside of the box (box? mental prison rather) amazes me."

The box that you are talking of is nonexistent. That is the truth. The box is the Bible. There is no getting around it. It is the truth, God says that it is, so it is. If you don't believe this, when you wake up in hell one day, remember me, and wishthat you are dreaming, so that you can have a do - over.

Mel!ssa - "lengths of time' to me, hint long spans of time that evolutionists use. Don't get ticked off at me, when I did not understand what you said. I diddn't know that you are for creation and evolution, You statement is confusing to me.

creedfan47a - I agree with Lechium on this one...Purgatory, is the in - between place from heaven and hell, where in the Catholic religion, most every one (but not every one, the ones that don't go, are the really good ones like the apostles), goes to be purged of their sins, before they can enter Ehaven. It is not hell, you are not punished there, you just live there until you conquer your sins, so that you can enter heaven. IT is mentioned no where in the bible and not even remotely. It is somehting that that the Catholics "made up."

N30°14'?.7 W84° - I agree with you on everything except this: Jesus has his Millenium on the earth. I can't remember where the verse is, but it is there.

Lechium - there are not a bazzilion different versions of the Bible. There are Translataions. The translations are aqurate because when the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, they tested the original documents that they found, with the text that we have today. It has proved to be extremely accurate. The only version that I know of, that is not a good one, is the NIV. That may be called a version, because they leave stuff out, and put stuff it. That translation, is not accurate. The king james "versin" says the same thing as the NAS, and all the others. It has been tested, and has proved to be extremely accurate. That whole, "too many versions of the Buible and too many translations. How can we know what the original text syas?" thing, doesn't work. We can know what the original document says, because we have the documents - the Dead Sea Scrolls, and they prove that the txt that we have today, is accurate.

Satan is what all that means in English. For someone who supposedly knows as much about the bible as youi leech, I am surprised that you are not a Christina yet. maybe one day...if not you will soo see the :devil:

Lechium
05-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Have you seen Dead Sea Scrolls?

creedfan47a
05-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Wadrick - Mel!ssa does not believe in evolution. I think she made that clear. If anyone's posts are hard to understand, it's yours, what with the spelling errors and typos.

The fact that she said that the "days" of creation are not literal 24 hour periods does not automatically mean that she believes in evolution. There are numerous examples in the Bible of the word "day" being used to indicated a length of time not necessarily 24 hours.

marlsy
05-14-2003, 11:40 PM
is anyone gonna read what I put up?? It's all about what you guys are talking about.

Bridge of Clay
05-15-2003, 12:24 AM
Wadrick: show me the versicle. I bet you won´t find it. During the millenium the saints go to Heaven while Lucifer is held on Earth, alone, "arrested". Then there´s the 2nd ressurection, the wicked are terminated, the Earth is restaured and the saints come back to Earth. (New Jerusalem)

mel!ssa
05-15-2003, 08:59 PM
<b>
Mel!ssa - "lengths of time' to me, hint long spans of time that evolutionists use. Don't get ticked off at me, when I did not understand what you said. I diddn't know that you are for creation and evolution, You statement is confusing to me.

</b>

:lol: :lol: oh you are funny :lol:

creedfan47a
05-15-2003, 09:02 PM
:wtf:

Bridge of Clay
05-16-2003, 02:05 PM
I second Bec

Wadrick
05-16-2003, 09:47 PM
leech, what dies it matter weater if I have seen the dead see scrolls or not? as a matter of fact, I have.

have you seen buddah? how do you know that he really live?

your question was about that stupid.

Wadrick
05-16-2003, 09:48 PM
like non of you have ever misspelled word, or had typos. give me a break.

Wadrick
05-16-2003, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

The Millennium and the End of Sin:
The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Rev. 20; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Jer. 4:23-26; Rev. 21:1-5; Mal. 4:1; Eze. 28:18, 19.)

You lastly told me to find a verse the proves that the millenium will take place on the earth. Well, I looked for some, and found some. Here they are.

Zechariah 14:9 - "And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in tha tday the LORD will be the olnlt one, and His name the only one."

You said that Satan wil be chained on the earth. Well...

Revelation 20:1-3 - "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the abyss and a great chain in his hand, Andhe laid hold of the dragon, the serpent od old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for 1000 years; and he threw him in the abyss and shut it and sealed it, so that he would not decieve the nations any longer..."

If Satan is not on the earth bound during the millenium, but in the abyss bound durng the millenium, Jesus will be reigning on the earth during the millenium.

You have things out of order.

Revelation 19:11-16 is the second coming of Christ.
Revelation 19:17-21 is about armageddon.
Revelation 20:1-6 is the millenium.
Revelation 20:11-15 is when the sinners will be judged (after the millenium). Revelation 20:7 - "When the 1000 years are completed..." After that is the part about the sinners being judged.
Revelation 21 is the eternal state in the new Jerusalem.

I have written the fact down in order. You have not, and because of that, you have come to false conclusions.

I am not saying anything that I am have thought of. I am only saying what the Bible directly says.

IS that good ennough for you?

Does all that make sense?

Bridge of Clay
05-16-2003, 11:42 PM
The order has nothing to do with it... I posted for subject, then the versicles I found. It´s not a timeline.

Be aware that the word abyss was translated from greek. The whole context means it´s the Earth, that was destroyed. That´s why it´s called Abyss. And the destroyed Earth is only habited for Lucifer, alone, for 1000 years. Then he´s destroyed. The saints (saved) spend this 1000 years in Heaven, then the holy city comes down to Earth for eternity.

Wadrick
05-17-2003, 10:55 PM
order has everything to do with it!!!

how dare you say that it doesn't!!!

the order is the essence of it all!!!

That is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard.

The word abysss is not translated to mean the earth. it is the holding place of the dead unsaved, and the imprisoned demons until theyare all cast into the lake of fire...which is hell.

remember when the demons wanted to go into the swine? and they implored Jesus not to send them into the abyss??

the abyss is not the earth.

i can't believe that you would say that "order" has nothing to do with it.

Bridge of Clay
05-18-2003, 12:30 AM
:rolleyes:

Wadrick
05-18-2003, 02:31 PM
you are sad and pathetic

JulieCitySlicker
05-18-2003, 04:28 PM
you are sad and pathetic

Hey, You be nice to Marcos:mad: Calling names is not what God would do;)

Lechium
05-18-2003, 05:11 PM
you are sad and pathetic
No, holy boy, you are sad and pathetic. All you see is your bible. You follow it letter by letter unquestioning it. You are one of the most closeminded dumbasses I've seen in some time. Thinking outside of the box is too much for you to handle... and if in order to get to heaven people have to be like you... well I dont want to spend eternety inplace filled with such people, so hell doesnt scare me at all lol

Wadrick
05-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
No, holy boy, you are sad and pathetic. All you see is your bible. You follow it letter by letter unquestioning it. You are one of the most closeminded dumbasses I've seen in some time. Thinking outside of the box is too much for you to handle... and if in order to get to heaven people have to be like you... well I dont want to spend eternety inplace filled with such people, so hell doesnt scare me at all lol

don't call me holy boy. i am most definately not holy.

you don't know how many times I have questioned the bible and thought about other things. but I can't because I always realize that it is truth.

hell won't scare you unitl you get there. remember me when that is where you show up.

julie - i did not call marcos names. i am stating a fact. he is sad and pathertic because he thinks that the order of the bible does not matter. to him order means nothing. try baking a cake in the wrong order...see if it will come out the same as if you did nit correctly.

and God would call him sad and pathetic - in fact, God would all him a worthless slave.

Lechium
05-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Worthless slave? So you are worthy slave to God?
I though he loves us and stuff, but guess we're just his slaves... humm...

Wadrik just because someone dissagrees with your views it does nto make them pathetic. Getting all rounded up about that makes YOU pathetic. And you are pathcetic in my oppinion.

P.S. I'm not defening Marcos btw lol

Wadrick
05-18-2003, 09:19 PM
in my opinion, you are satanic, and going to hell.

Bridge of Clay
05-18-2003, 11:12 PM
you are sad and pathetic

No, I´m not.

The reason of the rolleyes is that we can´t make a debate with you, coz you never understand what people say.

I never said the order in the Bible doesn´t matter. Pay attention. What I said is that the order of the versicles I posted didn´t matter coz I didn´t make a time line. Hello!

And you don´t respect other´s beliefs and opinions, unless they´re the same as yours. If someone posts something different, you get mad and just say "you´re wrong" or "you´re going to hell" or "that´s a lie".

You´re too young, Wadrick, and haven´t learned yet how to have a nice conversation.

About the topic that´s being discussed right now, you won´t change my opinion. I disagree with you, and I´m convinced I´m right coz I studied the Bible alone, I studied the Bible with my parents and I studied the Bible with my church. To me, it´s very clear.

I never dedicated time here to prove someone´s beliefs are right or wrong. I always just posted what are my beliefs. I don´t think people will change their concepts for what I posted. But if they´re willing to, then I´d work on that through e-mails and PMs and study the Bible with this person.

I think you´re aware that:

1- You won´t go to Heaven for your religion. Being a Seventh-Day Adventist, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Jeovah´s Witness, Catholic, Muslim, Budhist, Penthecostal or whatever doesn´t give you a ticket straight to Paradise. It´s not your religion that will save you.

2- God will judge each one according to the light each received. If He considers you have a good heart, that will be enough for Him, even if you never heard of Him. Now, for each time you learn something new about Him, your responsability with Him is bigger: if you learn killing is wrong and kill people after that, of course it´s wrong to the eyes of God.

marlsy
05-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Wadrick.............It's people like YOU that give Christians a BAD name.............................. CHILL OUT

mel!ssa
05-19-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by marlsy
Wadrick.............It's people like YOU that give Christians a BAD name.............................. &nbsp;CHILL OUT

:clap: :clap: :clap:

yeah take a :chillpill :lol: :P

JulieCitySlicker
05-19-2003, 01:10 AM
I don't get what these question have to do with world view:dunno:

mel!ssa
05-19-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by marlsy
ok, you guys have to read this post by someone on my hubbys board, it's long but really interesting....... i'm not saying it's true it just gets you thinking is all I'm saying..................... &nbsp;Let me now what you think about it.
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthre...60&pagenumber=1 (http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42370&perpage=60&pagenumber=1)

read all of RICH'S posts, it really is interesting, I think you Lech will really find it interesting.

:wtf: okay, i looked at this, and, i dunno, maybe i'm dumb or something, but what the? :confused: he yabbed on about evolution of man, and some other weird stuff... did i miss the part that was to do with this thread, cos i was expecting stuff about the seven days of creation... NO mention of God... huh i'm confused. Help?

Lechium
05-19-2003, 02:50 AM
in my opinion, you are satanic, and going to hell.
How am I satanic? Elaborate please.

Hotdoggie
05-19-2003, 03:29 AM
I only have one question to answer and it's number 5:

First of all I have to say that there isn't just one basis of morality and ethics, they always and they depend on the country you live in, but it all comes down to 3 major basis or codes ( they've been "discovered" in the 18th century around 1770):
1) The code of Nature : this code is mostly used in tropical and african countries, the inhabitants follow Nature's law, they follow their physical actions, what they want to do they do it, they don't have any religion or law, it's like the jungle law.
2) The code of Religion : this one is pretty obvious, people follow the rules of the Sacred Book (like the Bible or the Qur'an) they don't do anything that doesn't apply to the religious code or they may have sinned.
3) The civil code : this one too is obvious, it applies to the country's law and order, if people don't follow the rules they are emprisonned or so, of course the law depending on the country you live in, things are legalized in USA that aren't in Europe.

All in all: the ethics depend of the morality and the morality depends on the code chosen, philosophers prefer the Nature's code but the problem is we cannot apply such a code in civilised countries because it hasn't been in their "habits", it would shock the religious and civilised persons.
If you need any information on any of these codes I'd be happy to help because this is only a summary.

Anonymous
05-19-2003, 10:37 AM
The order has nothing to do with it... I posted for subject, then the versicles I found. It´s not a timeline.

Be aware that the word abyss was translated from &nbsp;greek. The whole context means it´s the Earth, that was destroyed. That´s why it´s called Abyss. And the destroyed Earth is only habited for Lucifer, alone, for 1000 years. Then he´s destroyed. The saints (saved) spend this 1000 years in Heaven, then the holy city comes down to Earth for eternity.

hahaha!!

You did say that order doesn't matter!!

I don't respect other peoples opinions because they are wrong!! Why would anyone respect something that they don't believe in? That is just a polute tactic, and I don't believe in it. It is h=just that persons way of b.s.ing aroubd you.

You said that "for you have a good heart, then GOd will let you in, even if you have never heard of him." well, that is wrong. Eph 2:8-9 - for by grace you have been saved and that not of yourselves. it is a gift of God, not as a result of works, that no man no man should boast."

That is pretty clear.

Paul says tp the philipian jailer, "Believe oin the LORD Jesus Christ and you wil be saved" - Acts 16:31.

You have to believe in order to be saved.

Lechium - i have told you why I think you are satanic and going to hell. go beack and read my post carefully, like you accuse me of not doing ;)

marlsy
05-19-2003, 12:36 PM
:wtf: okay, i looked at this, and, i dunno, maybe i'm dumb or something, but what the? :confused: &nbsp;he yabbed on about evolution of man, and some other weird stuff... did i miss the part that was to do with this thread, cos i was expecting stuff about the seven days of creation... NO mention of God... huh i'm confused. &nbsp;Help?

Melissa, I just thought it was interesting, it's not about the seven days of creation, it's about the questioning of the scriptures and of who God is and where did we really come from. Just another theory out there and I just thought what he had to say was interesting reading.

Bridge of Clay
05-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Anonymous
<b>hahaha!!

You did say that order doesn't matter!!

I don't respect other peoples opinions because they are wrong!! Why would anyone respect something that they don't believe in? That is just a polute tactic, and I don't believe in it. It is h=just that persons way of b.s.ing aroubd you.

You said that "for you have a good heart, then GOd will let you in, even if you have never heard of him." well, that is wrong. Eph 2:8-9 - for by grace you have been saved and that not of yourselves. it is a gift of God, not as a result of works, that no man no man should boast."

That is pretty clear. &nbsp;

Paul says tp the philipian jailer, "Believe oin the LORD Jesus Christ and you wil be saved" - Acts 16:31.

You have to believe in order to be saved.

Lechium - i have told you why I think you are satanic and going to hell. go beack and read my post carefully, like you accuse me of not doing ;) </b>

who are you???

dude, stop putting words in my mouth.

I always meant that the order of the versicles I posted in my post didn´t matter coz it was not a time line. Is that too hard for you to get???

So... I guess those poor African people, sons of God as much as you, will never be saved, coz most of them never heard of Christ. Sorry folk, but God is love and He wants to save everybody.

About Acts 16:31, Paul is adressing his words to a man who already had heard about Christ, but was in doubt about accepting him or not. The same thing applies to those who already heard of Jesus. Once you received one more light, God will judge you according to this light. That´s what I´ve been saying.

Next time think better before posting...

JulieCitySlicker
05-19-2003, 01:54 PM
I was wondering the same thing Marcos:confused:

alive_in_Jesus
05-19-2003, 04:05 PM
1.) I follow God, who has given us His love letter (aka the bible). I believe He is the one and only God.

2.) I believe God created the universe.

3.) Essential natureof man....whats that mean exactly?

4.)I believe that Satan is evil and suffering....sin....we cause it to occur when we allow him to tempt and poison our minds

5.) ethics?-not sure of the meaning of that word...man I have a small vocabulary:(

6.) At pyhsical death I believe that the soul either goes to be in Heaven or to be in Hell.

7.)History should be used to learn from, for the future.

I believe what the bible says. There are soo many things to back up God's existanace...I don't understand how some people don't see.

Mulletman
05-19-2003, 04:20 PM
i'll just save you the trouble.... im a right-wing capitalist pig

mel!ssa
05-19-2003, 08:18 PM
:confused:

creedfan47a
05-19-2003, 08:55 PM
Mullet is not meant to be understood. ;)

Wadrick
05-19-2003, 11:03 PM
who are you???

dude, stop putting words in my mouth.

I always meant that the order of the versicles I posted in my post didn´t matter coz it was not a time line. Is that too hard for you to get???

So... I guess those poor African people, sons of God as much as you, will never be saved, coz most of them never heard of Christ. Sorry folk, but God is love and He wants to save everybody.

About Acts 16:31, Paul is adressing his words to a man who already had heard about Christ, but was in doubt about accepting him or not. The same thing applies to those who already heard of Jesus. Once you received one more light, God will judge you according to this light. That´s what I´ve been saying.

Next time think better before posting...

The bible is a time line!!

Regarding those poor african people - Romans 1:20 - "For sonce the creation of the world, His invisible attributes His external power, and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse."

Do you know what that means??

How the heck do you know that the philipian lailer had already heard about Christ?? where does it say that?? Tell me that.

creedfan47a
05-19-2003, 11:13 PM
Didn't you leave?

Bridge of Clay
05-20-2003, 10:28 PM
damn... what the heck!

Can´t you get it??? I said MY POST wasn´t...

and yet you have prophecies on the old testament that didn´t happen yet... so ???

doh... be rational once, boy. they have no excuse... so a kid who was aborted or died just after being born has no excuse too???
If nature is the light those Africans receive, God will judge them according to this light.

Don´t think Heaven will only have Christians.

Wasn´t Paul talking to him about Christ? So yeah, the guy heard about Him.

Think, for crying out loud!!!

oh... I forgot you left the board :rolleyes:

RMadd
08-05-2003, 12:12 AM
1. I believe in the existence of one God. If you think about it, people can make anything they want a 'god' (like an idol). First Commandment: You shall have no other gods before me.

2.The universe was created by God. A matter of faith, my friends. It would be amazing if one giant explosion could create the intricate world in which we live (just of the synchronacity of the human body). Plus, if the Big Bang THEORY were true, wouldn't the universe be constantly expanding (the Physics property of inertia)? And yet, a few months ago, I saw in the news that our universe is actually shrinking! And how can living beings be formed from rock? (I'll try to refute evolution too, if I'm tempted). Even more perplexing, how was the Big Bang created? Also from Physics, matter just does not appear out of nowhere.

3. Man is inherently sinful (women too), if that is what is intended by this question.

4. Sin and the devil are the causes of evil and suffering in this life.

5. In many non-Western nations, religion determines ethics. Not so in the United States. 200 years ago it, for the most part, was. But our society has degraded so much to the point that our ethics do not follow the Bible as God would have us do.

6. Man himself decomposes back into dust ("from dust you are, and to dust you shall return"... or something like that). His soul, if he is a baptized Christian and thoroughly believes God's word and his plan, goes to Heaven (where it would be quite impossible to recognize any earthly friends, b/c in heaven all is perfect); those who do not believe (or are baptized) go to hell, where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth."

7. History can be used primarily for the current generations to learn from past generations' mistakes.

ZION1010
08-05-2003, 12:33 AM
MANS FATE IS TO DESTOY ITS SELF THERES NO GETTING AROUND THAT>>>BUT IT SHALL REBUILD AGAIN BLESSED IS THE MINK THAY SHALL INHERITED THE EARTH BLESSED IS THE PURE OF HEART THAY SHALL SEE GOD Song for thought when the children cry by WhiteLion JESUS ROCKS

souldancer
08-05-2003, 12:38 AM
wow...this thread is still around? I thought it, along with 'man' was on a road of self destruction.

ZION1010
08-09-2003, 09:01 PM
My World View It Sucks My World Is Not Of This World thats My Final Anwser To This Thread God Bless All

Torn Signs
08-10-2003, 12:01 PM
do not love the world or what it offers, love God and what he offers? ;)

ZION1010
08-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Indeed

creedfan47a
08-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by BearFan
2.The universe was created by God. &nbsp;A matter of faith, my friends. &nbsp;It would be amazing if one giant explosion could create the intricate world in which we live (just of the synchronacity of the human body). &nbsp;Plus, if the Big Bang THEORY were true, wouldn't the universe be constantly expanding (the Physics property of inertia)? &nbsp;And yet, a few months ago, I saw in the news that our universe is actually shrinking! &nbsp;And how can living beings be formed from rock? &nbsp;(I'll try to refute evolution too, if I'm tempted). &nbsp;Even more perplexing, how was the Big Bang created? &nbsp;Also from Physics, matter just does not appear out of nowhere.

THANK YOU!!! :D My apologies if I offend anyone here, but I think the Big Bang "theory" is absolutely ridiculous. To believe that many millions of years ago, a big explosion happened and that is how the universe and all life in it came about, that's just moronic. Like BearFan says, even just the wonders of the human body, let alone all the other species of life on this planet, and all the other planets, attest to the fact that we have an intelligent Creator. Take just our sun, for instance. At its core, it is about 15 million degrees Celsius. If you could take a pinhead-sized piece of the sun's core and put it on earth, we wouldn't be able to safely stand within 140 kilometres of it. Every second, the sun emits energy equivalent to the explosion of hundreds of millions of nuclear bombs. And the fact that the earth orbits at exactly the right distance from the sun to allow life to thrive on it, suggests an intelligent Creator. If the earth was too close to the sun, all water on earth would vaporise, and if it was too far, all water would freeze. It all points to creation, not a 'big bang', IMO.

ZION1010
08-16-2003, 11:48 PM
I Dont think About How Life Got Here Because I Know How It Did Mans Knowlege Is Limted My Creator Named The Stars The Trees The sun The Moon Speaks To Him Gods Spirt Moves All Around Us

mel!ssa
08-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Sometimes it's still nice to think about how life got here even if you are very sure in yourself of what you believe, after all the Bible says to 'keep on testing' or something like that, that what you have is the truth. And you think about it and if you're sure you have the truth you end up feeling so appreciative for all God has done for us, and for letting us know of the truth, and God deserves to know that we are appreciative of that.