Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Cause we all live... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Cause we all live...

Leader of Men
04-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Under the reign of one king
But they ain't here anymore
Don't have to settle no god damn score

This song really gets to me...

hide_tremonti
04-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Yes, What's This Life For is a great song. :)

Said Eyes
04-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Leader of Men
This song really gets to me...

Why?

goddess_bb
04-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Isn't it amazing how some songs affect you more than others??

Marty
04-22-2003, 08:44 AM
Whats This Life For doesn't really get me to much, but musically its a awesome song. I haven't really listened to the lyrics. :)
________
Mia live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Mia)

Tremontichik006
04-22-2003, 10:53 AM
i love that song. when i ssaw them rpeform it live i began to cry. it touches me.

The Lithium
04-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Yeah, sour, is a VERY good song!! But I mean...Hello....It's Creed we talk about here....Course it's good! But I think that Creed had mand better songs than What's This Life For?...Or....It's one of the best songs! All songs is one of the best! And the lyric it's realy good! (I know every Stapp lyric is fantastic!) Whatevah! Of course it's good! All Creed songs is fantastic! I realy look forwads for the NEW album!! And I hope that they keep Brett! By tha way...Do anyone of you know where to find a Brett Hestal BIO? I know, I'm NOT stupid!! www.Virgos.cc (http://www.Virgos.cc) has coulose down....Kapput, you know....Where to find it now? Good qouestion!

Creed Out
Lithium:crest::tremonti::stapp::flip::crest:

hotforscott
04-22-2003, 03:11 PM
I posted a thread for you once you sent me that PM. It is titled Brett Hestla Bio, I think I put it in The Band Forum, several have replied so maybe there is some info. in there.

The Lithium
04-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Ahha....I see....I've started a thread named: "Brett BIO?? Some one??"....I hope to get some tips!

ROCK OUT!
Lithium!:crest:

Agent D
04-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Awesome song.

I love that line:

"Cause we all live under the reign of one King"

So true;)

Sheila63
04-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Agent D
<b>Awesome song.

I love that line:

"Cause we all live under the reign of one King"

So true;) </b>

I love that line too!!:) Although for me it's kind of a bittersweet song due to the fact that the song is also about suicide and it makes me sad to think of anyone contemplating that.:(

Agent D
04-22-2003, 08:18 PM
For me it's bittersweet because they curse right before they said that.

Sheila63
04-22-2003, 09:00 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Agent D, I read in an article once that they kept those words in the song because the person who the song was written about used the phrase about "settling the God da** score" in his suicide note and they decided to stay true with what was written in the note.

Leader of Men
04-22-2003, 09:05 PM
For me it's bittersweet because they curse right before they said that. Creed gets asked about that quite a bit...

Go here:
http://www.creed.com/band/faq.html#6

Agent D
04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
&nbsp;
Originally posted by Shelila63
If it makes you feel any better, Agent D, I read in an article once that they kept those words in the song because the person who the song was written about used the phrase about "settling the God da** score" in his suicide note and they decided to stay true with what was written in the note.

That does make me feel better, Sheila. Thanks.:D

Leader of Men
04-22-2003, 09:25 PM
That does make me feel better, Sheila. Thanks.:D So my link doesn't matter?:( IT IS FROM SCOTT HIMSELF!!!

Agent D
04-22-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm sorry, Leader. I didn't notice. Thanks that helped too!:D

Leader of Men
04-22-2003, 11:24 PM
;) :D

Sheila63
04-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Yes, Thanks, LOM for posting that link for everybody.:D

Leader of Men
04-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Yes, Thanks, Sheila for posting the Thanks for posting that link for everybody post.:D :P

Sheila63
04-23-2003, 07:58 PM
:D ;)

Redeemer
04-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Oh, y'all are so cute. ;)
LOM, why, exactly, does WTLF get to you? Is it the theme, or what? I mean, I know sometimes WTLF "gets" to me b/c sometimes I think the same way as the song (does that make sense??). But then I go and listen to something like One, and I feel loads better!!! :D

Sheila63
04-28-2003, 07:15 PM
I guess it gets to me because it makes me sad to think of someone being in such a bad place in their life that the only way out that they see for themselves is to commit suicide. But I love the line "We all live under the reign of One King!"

JulieCitySlicker
04-28-2003, 08:11 PM
The song really is comforting to me. I have had thoughts of suicide in my life and whenever I hear that song it reminds me of that time in my life and I'm glad I got through it and I'm still here:angel: I know that thoughts of suicide is high in teenagers because they think no one understands them and I think that is very sad:(

Redeemer
04-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Yeah, Sheila, you're kinda right. But then again, I've been in that position time and time again so I can't really say anything. And you're right--that line kicks some booty!!

:stapp: <--Stappy singing "Cause we all live under the reign, I said you know, of one king, one king, one king!!!"

souldancer
05-03-2003, 01:22 AM
yes, this song feels so bittersweet to me it almost always brings tears. The pain, the need and hope..

crest tattoo
05-04-2003, 10:00 PM
This is my FAVORITE song. I know what you mean about the "bittersweet." It really bothered me until I read what the rest of you have on it, but I also remember Scott saying he put it there because it was so deep in his heart, the loss, and it was something that he had to deal with with God when that time came. Like he would answer to God about it when he got to heaven, but it seemed to me that it was very important to have it in there because it stressed the meaning totally, if that makes sense.