Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Monet vs Dali vs Piccasso vs Van Gough [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Monet vs Dali vs Piccasso vs Van Gough

Lechium
04-20-2003, 03:04 AM
4 of greatest arists of 20th century... who's your fave?

I got 2 quality Dali's prints (framed "Exploding Watch" in living room, and huge "Rose" above my bed) and Monet's "Gondole In Venice" above the desk.

P.S. Echer (sp?) is amazing too, but he's hardly a painter in classical meaning of that word.

P.P.S. I wanted to study history of (ancient) art, but does it pay? No =( Engeneering here I come hehe

Dogstar
04-20-2003, 03:57 AM
It's a toss-up between Monet and van Gogh...Starry Night remains one of my all-time favorites. My nephew did his own take on Starry Night in crayon at age 8 and it was pretty darn impressive. He's definitely the artist in our family, LOL. Then again, I love Monet's Water Lilies, too. Tough choice.

Lechium
04-20-2003, 04:30 AM
Van Gough and Picasso are two artist from this list I dont dig all that much... thow rocks at me all day but Piccasso is IHMO overrated. Van Gough is ok, but not quiet my style. Monet is pretty damn cool, but choosing Dali over him was not a tough call -- I'm obessed with Dali lol

Dogstar
04-20-2003, 04:37 AM
I touched on Dali and Picasso in college while studying Spanish. I really wasn't into either one of them. Art is so subjective. I'm not a student of it, but I know what I like and what moves me.

Lechium
04-20-2003, 04:42 AM
Agreed. That's why I was browing though huge Piccasso album one day wondering "why do people say he's a genious?"

Dogstar
04-20-2003, 04:47 AM
It's the same thing with music. One person's piece of trash is another person's masterpiece. I guess if I knew more about art and its history, I might be able to answer your Picasso question. Some of it's just timing, something different that came along to shake the establishment. Plus, their lives are almost as interesting as their art.

TeriB19
04-20-2003, 08:46 AM
I have two Monet prints in my living room, Antibes: Morning and In the Artists' Garden. I like Monet. I LOVE Seraut. I have Sunday Afternoon on the Island of Le Grande Jatte. Pointilism amazes me.
Escher's work is very cool (especially when drinking).

Siana
04-20-2003, 08:49 AM
definetely Dali

jimmy2sacs
04-20-2003, 12:18 PM
I was at an art museum with my art class, and this lady asks me "do you like Monet or Manet" I looked at her and said "I like mayonaise." She just stared at me so i said it again, louder. Then she left...She probably didnt like Mayonaise...

goddess_bb
04-20-2003, 12:50 PM
LMAO!!!! That is funny..jimmy!!

Dogstar
04-20-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by jimmy2sacs
<b>I was at an art museum with my art class, and this lady asks me "do you like Monet or Manet" I looked at her and said "I like mayonaise." She just stared at me so i said it again, louder. Then she left...She probably didnt like Mayonaise... </b>

LMFAO! jimmy2sacs! Very quick on your part :D.

JulieCitySlicker
04-20-2003, 02:49 PM
I like Van Gough's sunflower painting:P I love sunflowers:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

GoodGodGirl23
04-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Picasso...;) BUT...I really really prefer the drawings of my Angel Boy Ian :P He drew great.. "Garfield" da cat!! hehehe!!:) :cool: :lol: :lol: :roll: :dork:

jimmy2sacs
04-20-2003, 04:51 PM
that actually didnt happen to me, it was a quote from "Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey" from Saturday Night Live. you just reminded me of it.

Dogstar
04-20-2003, 05:21 PM
LOL, jimmy2sacs!

Bridge of Clay
04-20-2003, 09:14 PM
LOL, Jimmy!!!!

I have no idea... the 4 of them have their own style... so itīs hard to say

Mulletman
04-20-2003, 11:11 PM
hmmmm... cant really say...

we got a few Rembrandt's here in the house other than that its just some lesser famous poeple.

the only originals we have from actual famous artists are from some mexican artists, people you have never cared about and have never ever heard of, but i can asure you yall have seen some of thier work.

Bridge of Clay
04-20-2003, 11:17 PM
I like that colorful paintings with red/yellow dots, red/white stripes, black borders, more dots, balls, stripes... you know, the guy paints each part of the drawing with a different way...

GoodGodGirl23
04-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Made me dizzzzzzzy!:bounce: :dancing: :bounce: :dancing: :bounce: :dancing: :bounce: :dancing: :bounce: :dancing: