Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Music Behind Bars [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Music Behind Bars

Read JDM
10-18-2002, 05:47 PM
So, VH-1 has got this show, Music Behind Bars, in which a real life convicted murderer's band will be performing a concert in jail. There are young girls dead because of this guy, and now he's on TV becoming a rock star. Does anyone else think it's wrong that a convicted murderer is essentially living in a semi-posh hotel and becoming a rock star at the taxpayers' expense?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of speech. If someone slapped an America Undercover label before the name of this show and put it on HBO, I'd be okay with it, because HBO has a conscience. But on VH-1, it sure as anything looks to me like they're glamourizing the whole thing.

TeriB19
10-18-2002, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't watch it no matter who the band was or how much or little talent they had. I am getting fed up with all the video channels because the whole premise of them all those many years ago was VIDEOS. Music Television = MTV.. not Cribs, not Jackass, not Real World. MUSIC.

And VH1 was actually suppose to spotlight the older musicians like John Mellancamp, U2 etc. and their VIDEOS. VIDEO HITS 1. They actually used to have the "Big 80's weekends". Now you are lucky if you can find a video on at all during the programming day. If I am at the gym before 10 a.m. I can usually catch a video on the Jump Start program on VH1, but after 10 it's all shows not related to videos.

Lady Valkyrie
10-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>I wouldn't watch it no matter who the band was or how much or little talent they had. I am getting fed up with all the video channels because the whole premise of them all those many years ago was VIDEOS. Music Television = MTV.. not Cribs, not Jackass, not Real World. MUSIC.

And VH1 was actually suppose to spotlight the older musicians like John Mellancamp, U2 etc. and their VIDEOS. VIDEO HITS 1. They actually used to have the "Big 80's weekends". Now you are lucky if you can find a video on at all during the programming day. If I am at the gym before 10 a.m. I can usually catch a video on the Jump Start program on VH1, but after 10 it's all shows not related to videos. </b>

yeah all those non-video programs are nothing but fluff that has no real place in a MUSIC video channel.

As for the murderer thing... I have to agree that it sounds like they are "glamorizing" the whole thing. It's quite sickening to me.

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 09:09 AM
And what demographic are they aiming for, exactly, with this all-time new low level of programming? Are they going for the 18-25 year old females who will have sympathy for the prison rock star wannabes? The whole premise is just beyond stupid.

Dogstar
10-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm so glad I don't have cable.

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Obviously you are not missing much.

Weathered
10-20-2002, 11:02 AM
ONE OF THOSE BANDS IS FROM LIKE 10 MINS FROM ME!!!!!!!! LOL .... its all over the local news that people are protesting against it

souldancer
10-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
I'm so glad I don't have cable. Ha - another one?! I only have cable for the internet, people around me don't know how I 'can live' without cable!

Even if I could watch, I wouldn't - and agree the whole glamorizing and sensationalistic money-hungry marketing frenzy is a turn off.

Weathered
10-20-2002, 12:04 PM
lol i couldnt live without cable tv

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by weathered
ONE OF THOSE BANDS IS FROM LIKE 10 MINS FROM ME!!!!!!!! LOL .... its all over the local news that people are protesting against it
Seth, that's because the premiere episode of the show was taped at a prison in Philly (Graterford, I think) that's why it's all over Ch. 3, 6, & 10.

Weathered
10-20-2002, 12:09 PM
no i think they are from the lehigh valley...if you are firmiliar with that area..thats where i live..i live like 2 hours from philly...it was also in the newspaper that one of the guys in the band are from about 10 mins from me

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Yes, the BAND or guys may be from your area, but the PRISON the show was filmed at is in Philly.

Weathered
10-20-2002, 12:23 PM
well yeah...i never said anything about where they filmed it though...i said just that one of the guys is from where i live

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 12:29 PM
Did you/will you watch it?

Weathered
10-20-2002, 08:40 PM
i am going to watch it..i think it will be interesting..but i havent heard that much about it...when is it going to be on?

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Graterford Prison, Philly. The show airs Monday 10/21 2:30 a.m.

Dogstar
10-20-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
Ha - another one?! &nbsp;I only have cable for the internet, people around me don't know how I 'can live' without cable! &nbsp;

You can get cable for the Internet without having to get it for TV? Cool. I should check into that here. That is why I have resisted getting a cable modem because I thought I had to get the cable TV, too, which I don't want.

souldancer
10-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
You can get cable for the Internet without having to get it for TV? &nbsp; Yah, got broadband via ATT services here...

Read JDM
10-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Unbelievable. I went to VH1.com to check out if the prison was, in fact, Grateford. Here I was thinking the show was a one-time deal, and it turns out it's a new series. Man, this is just so despicable. I don't watch a whole lot of VH1 -- for reasons already touched upon in this thread -- but today I'm going to deprogram the channel from my remote.

By the way, I subscribe to cable for one reason, and that's the news. Nothing else. And I can see where people have "learned" to "live" without it.

TV = Crap

Dogstar
10-21-2002, 03:14 PM
You said it!