Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
None of the other crap [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : None of the other crap

CollectiveSoul
09-23-2002, 04:30 PM
I dont want any of that other stuff we had with Creeds #1 over here. we need fun and peace so i hope he doesnt come over here

TeriB19
09-24-2002, 09:05 PM
Don't count on it. Variety is the spice of life.

Siana
09-25-2002, 09:24 AM
lol yeah

Dogstar
09-25-2002, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I am sure when/if he gets a clue he'll be spewing his stuff again. Alas, you have to take the good with the bad.

TeriB19
09-26-2002, 12:04 AM
It can't all be love and laughter. Need a little controversy to spice things up.

Lady Valkyrie
09-26-2002, 07:16 AM
What is this thread implying? This particular forum is where we can share one another's faith... no matter what it is... whether it be Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Wiccan, or Athieism(sp?). It's a place where we can have debates on the many different issues that stem from faith. Maybe some people need to stop getting all nasty everytime someone posts something that they may not agree with. There is a proper way to debate these issue. But I noticed a trend on the other board that should not be continued here. And that is that when a person of faith comes on and shares his or her feelings on a subject they are ridiculed and put down and made fun of for their beliefs. I have seen this time and time again on many boards. It just seems that those who have strong convictions in their faith are tore down when they share they beliefs and opions on subjects of religion and/or morals in general. This is not what this forum is for. This forum is for all persons of faith or lack there of, to state their beliefs and opinions of one another. Learn to debate without being snotty and tearing other people down and degrading them and all will be fine.

TeriB19
09-26-2002, 09:13 AM
I believe that the origin of this thread is about people like Creed's#1 coming to the bb, basically damning us all to burn in the fiery pit of hell if we don't conform to his beliefs, about which he was very unspecific. Debate on this bb is always welcome provided when you present an argument, you back it up with facts. When Creed's#1 came to the old bb, he brought with him a whole lot of nothing. He spouted about fire and brimstone, claimed there was no purgatory, questioned the theories of the origins of the universe, yet had absolutely no valid points to back up his statements. We understand that people have strong convictions to their own beliefs, but this guy came aboard flaming all others but his own, yet refused to specify exactly what it was that he believed in, other than "we will all burn in hell if we do not follow".

allison
09-26-2002, 09:59 AM
Post all the opinions you want as long as you are not trying to hurt, scare, threaten, or FORCE your opinions on everyone else.

Lady Valkyrie
09-26-2002, 10:30 AM
I have to admit that he didn't seem to have a basis for what he believed in. However, if you go quickly before it's shut down to the particular thread that he made about going to hell, you'll see that I stated my beliefs and Bible scripture to back up what I believe. Basically, I'm sure that He believes the same thing as I do... He just didn't give the scriptural referances as to why he believes as he does. That is the key... if you are going to have opinions like those... have some basis... don't appear as though you just pulled these beliefs out of your butt.

Dogstar
09-26-2002, 11:38 AM
That's the point. He didn't back up what he believed. And I agree with what Allison said. There's no need to shove one's beliefs down other people's throats. To have debate, you have to be able to back up what you say.

TeriB19
09-26-2002, 11:39 AM
And that's the idea behind this thread. We all love to debate about different topics, but yes, don't just pull topics out of your butt without backing them up with statements other than "you will all go to hell".

Siana
09-27-2002, 08:47 AM
right :)

TeriB19
09-27-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
To have debate, you have to be able to back up what you say. Absolutely, and not just with statements like "if you don't believe you will burn in hell". Why will I burn in hell? What should I believe that will save me? What is YOUR belief that makes you think you'll be saved? It's like Jango said months ago: PPOR.

Snortmyster
09-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Well, I can not sit here and not put in my 2 cents, opinions are like as*holes everybody has one, and that is what makes debates and life interesting. People should be able speak their minds.and or respect other peoples opinions, if they want theirs respected.

Dogstar
09-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Got no problem with that as long as people back up what they say.

Siana
10-02-2002, 09:47 AM
well said

souldancer
10-07-2002, 04:10 AM
My goodness, a lot of backing-up on this thread here! :) I just want to put my 2.5 cents in....
just because someone states/quotes something they consider valid to 'back up their point' doesn't mean the other party says OK - that's 'right'. The back-up is also an opinion of sorts. It;s late, I probably am not clearly stating my thought here - that's OK, just needed to express it

Dogstar
10-07-2002, 11:56 AM
Absolutely. But I think backing up what one states as opinion with some sort of basis will earn that opinion a little more respect, though not necessarily agreement. Simply stating that one will burn in hell if one doesn't follow has no credence, IMHO;)

souldancer
10-07-2002, 01:24 PM
You are right! Oh, geeze...now do I have to back that up? :) ..Easy, because you are an honest, forthright person that likes cats! Seriously, though - I don;t miss those empty and immature threatening statements of ...