Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
What was your first guitar? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : What was your first guitar?

Agent D
04-12-2003, 08:52 PM
I'm still shopping around and am looking for an electric (I know people say it's better to start on acoustic, but I want to start on electric--looks like more fun;) ). What do you suggest for beginners and what was your first?

creedgirl111
04-12-2003, 09:03 PM
I really suggest starting on acoustic guitar. I really wouldn't start with electric.

hide_tremonti
04-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Get a starter package from Fender or and Epiphone or something like that. They give you all a beginner needs.

Mulletman
04-12-2003, 11:45 PM
my first instrument was a Fender P-Bass.

my first "good" instrument was a Fender J-Bass (brian's)

my first guitar was a vintage classical spanish quitar (~30 years old) i like classical better than acoustic.

Bridge of Clay
04-13-2003, 01:08 AM
I started with an acoustic... although I still think I could have started with an eletric, just mho. The eletric has a lot of resources that the acoustic doesnīt: like when you play OLB, you go 3h5p3p2 and 2h3h5, it sounds better on eletric (you have to pick the string twice on acoustic when playing the 3h5p3p2 part)... not to mention the distortion...

I donīt have an eletric yet... I play an acoustic I borrowed from my cousin, who doesnīt play it anymore.... :) But Iīm saving for a Tremonti SE.

But before you get exited, listen to Runeīs or hide_tremontiīs advice, they play way better than me and for a longer time...

Bridge of Clay
04-13-2003, 01:09 AM
I meant excited....

Leader of Men
04-13-2003, 01:42 AM
I started out with a squier strat, I wish I hadn't now, because it sounds so bad... but if you dont know if you like guitar or not, thats the guitar for you.

hide_tremonti
04-13-2003, 10:18 PM
IMHO, distortion is not good for beginners, just because it can hide a lot of mistakes. It can hide sloppy techniques...and since you will start on electric, the only piece of advice I can give you now is to play clean until you have a good technique.

As for my first guitar, it was a no-name classical.

Agent D
04-13-2003, 10:26 PM
I didn't know that about distortion, hide, thanks.

Rune
04-13-2003, 10:28 PM
my first guitar was an olympia acoustic

my first electric was a fender mexican strat

and btw, in olb, i can do the hammer ons and pull offs without hitting the strings twice, you just need to have a strong fret hand to do it

Bridge of Clay
04-14-2003, 12:03 AM
yep, I have a friend who told me that my fret hand isnīt strong enough :(

Leader of Men
04-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
yep, I have a friend who told me that my fret hand isnīt strong enough :( Are you a shredder? Cuz you will need to work on it for that...

And I guess you need to work on it a little anyways...

hide_tremonti
04-15-2003, 12:27 AM
You need a good strong fretting hand regardless.
He's also kinda a beginner so he wouldn't be shredding yet.