Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Remember to watch tonight! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Remember to watch tonight!

hotforscott
04-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Remember to watch the Kids choice Awards on Nick tonight.
8pm eastern 7pm central.

GO CREED!

Did Steve post on the news page that they were nominated. That should be on there?

I will be watching in a matter of minutes.

crest tattoo
04-12-2003, 08:23 PM
I just now hopped on. Did I miss anything?

creedgirl111
04-12-2003, 08:53 PM
And I forgot it was on. I would have taped it if I had remembered it was on. Is it going to be on any other time?

TeriB19
04-12-2003, 09:01 PM
No Doubt won. What do those kids know, anyway?:(

creedgirl111
04-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Awwww! :( Maybe I won't tape it if it's on again.

TeriB19
04-12-2003, 09:09 PM
No, it's not worth it. Creed wasn't on and they announced most of the winners of each category before the show even came on. They were on the "orange carpet" with different guests and each guest they had revealed a winner for each different category, so I knew at 7:00 that Creed hadn't won.

Wylde-Tremonti
04-12-2003, 11:06 PM
was Creed even there?

TeriB19
04-12-2003, 11:27 PM
No they weren't.

JulieCitySlicker
04-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Darn it:( I missed it:crying:

Bridge of Clay
04-13-2003, 12:59 AM
no, Creed missed it! :(

bah, kids...

Leader of Men
04-13-2003, 01:36 AM
Go Creed as always!

hotforscott
04-13-2003, 11:24 AM
I know Teri, that sucked. I hate No Doubt. Damn kids....LOL!

JulieCitySlicker
04-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Dang kids:mad: No Doubt sucks:rolleyes:

Sheila63
04-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah, they don't know the fantastic music they're missing!:jam:

crest tattoo
04-13-2003, 09:35 PM
They don't know what they could learn from Creed, especially vs Eminem or Pink. Creed has led so many people in a new direction, a positive one. Kids need that. Scott said that in an interview when he called in to say we needed more positive role models out there vs Marilyn Manson. I'm getting too deep, sorry. Again, withdrawals are hitting hard.

TeriB19
04-13-2003, 09:46 PM
No, Joy, you're not getting too deep at all. You have a very valid point that I didn't even give thought to in this matter, this awards show. Those kids SHOULD be listening to something with a more positive message.

crest tattoo
04-13-2003, 09:52 PM
You know if you really think about the lyrics, we all live under the reign of one king; I've created my own prison. His parents were so proud he faced up to that himself, especially in his toughest times. The only way is one. What more can you say? Especially in the time of way, the only way is one??? It's nothing but helpful. Even when he swears in What's this life for, the way he explained that brought about the powerfulness of a friend commiting suicide. I didn't understand it until I listened to why he said it. Bullets too, that was all about being stabbed in the back. Hockeymom could verify all of this. They bring light to me, that is certain.

TeriB19
04-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Yes, and it's so unfortunate that it's the Brittany Spears and the Christina Agueleras and the Pinks and Eminems of the music industry that will get all the accolades from the media which then falls to the children. They listen to what's blasted at them through the tv. I am surprised that Creed was even nominated, not because they aren't good but because the competition was Aerosmith, No Doubt and Dixie Chicks (none about which I give a rats rectum). And in the favorite band/group category (yes there were two different categories) there was B2K, N*Suck, and some other junk.

hotforscott
04-14-2003, 01:21 PM
I know what you mean you guys. You are so right.

JulieCitySlicker
04-14-2003, 01:53 PM
I guess kids these days are into that skanky slut music:rolleyes: Where the singers go out on stage practically naked:eek:

crest tattoo
04-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Thought you guys would find this interesting in case you have never had the chance to read the interview Scott did in Blender Magazine last Sep.

Someone asked him the question, "If your son Jagger wanted to buy Eminem's new CD, The Eminem Show, would you let him?"

His response, "No. Absolutely not. Parents have a responsibility to make decisions about what they want their children to hear. You get only one shot at being a parent, and you have to do what you think is right. Nothing against Eminem on a personal level or against the way he expresses himself, but I wouldn't want my son listening to him."

And that wraps up this thread, don't you think?

JulieCitySlicker
04-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Whew! Thats a relief that Scott has his boundaries of what he will let Jagger listen to;) If I have kids I wouldn't let them listen to that crap either! Thanks for posting this Creed Tatoo:angel:

Sheila63
04-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by crest tattoo
You know if you really think about the lyrics, we all live under the reign of one king; I've created my own prison.  His parents were so proud he faced up to that himself, especially in his toughest times.  The only way is one.  What more can you say?  Especially in the time of way, the only way is one???  It's nothing but helpful.  Even when he swears in What's this life for, the way he explained that brought about the powerfulness of a friend commiting suicide.  I didn't understand it until I listened to why he said it. Bullets too, that was all about being stabbed in the back.  Hockeymom could verify all of this.  They bring light to me, that is certain.

I absolutely agree. They bring light to me as well. It's great to have lyrics you can relate to along with awesome, powerful music!! :crest: :crest:

Thanks for sharing the info from Blender magazine, crest tattoo.:)

Kim V.
04-14-2003, 10:51 PM
You guys are so right; I'm really glad my son (almost 12) now enjoys Creed, as does my littlest Creed freak, my daughter, who is almost 5. At first my son didn't care for them, but he turned around. When I think about all the stuff he COULD try to listen to out there, I'm glad he chooses Creed with their positive music. With all the negativity in the world, it's something I know he can listen to without our fearing what effects it could have on him... PEACE....

TeriB19
04-15-2003, 06:08 AM
I would much prefer my kids listening to "One" or "Don't Stop Dancing" than "It's Getting Hot In Here" or "Just Like a Pill". My oldest takes the bus to school and comes home humming "Just Like A Pill" and if she ever says anything about the nurse being a little bitch, I'm calling Pink and personally thanking her with my foot up her ass. My kids don't need that crap. I love when she comes home and says "Mommy, we sang 'One Last Breath' on the bus today!!"

creeder
04-15-2003, 08:03 AM
go creed

Wadrick
04-15-2003, 04:29 PM
I can truely say that Creed has brought light to my eyes. Creed has in a way saved my life. Whenever I feel down (you know what I mean), I go listen to WTLF, or Inside Us All, or MOP, or Don't Stop Dancing, or Wash Away Those Years. These songs are my life, and I greatlt appreciate what they do for kids like me. (I am just 15) Who knows, if they were never here, I might not be either.

Oh, BTW, I understand what y'all are sayigna bout Pink, but I personally think that "Just Like A Pill" has a positive message. Think of it in the way that you think of "adams Song" by Blink 182.

peaceout.

:banana:

crest tattoo
04-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Wow! All that from a 15 year old! You're pretty grown up, your analyzations... I love when he performs Faceless Man. I was lucky enough to see it in Chicago at Tweeter in August (before anyone gets excited). I also love how he points up during What's this life for when he says we all live under the reign of one King. Very inspirational.

I hope you bring enlightment to many peers around you.:angel:

Sheila63
04-15-2003, 06:21 PM
I know what you mean about Faceless Man, crest tattoo. Although I haven't seen them perform it live yet, when I first heard that song, it just blew me away!! Between the lyrics and the music and the passion in Scott's voice, it's a very inspirational song to me.:crest: :crest: :jam:

TeriB19
04-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Wadrick, I understand about the message in Pink's song, but I don't really want my 5 year old saying the nurse is being a little bitch.

TeriB19
04-16-2003, 09:24 PM
So tonight, Jenn, my 5 year old, says "hey Mommy, Tyler said this to me today: now this looks like a job for me, now everybody just follow me. He said more Mommy, but that's all I remember."

I told her that was ok, she really didn't need to know anymore of the words. That is one of the more tame Eminem songs, but it definitely did NOT give me a warm fuzzy knowing her kindergarten classmates are listening to Eminem.

crest tattoo
04-17-2003, 08:53 AM
It's really sad that he sings such schmut! He is a talented artist. The beats to his songs are so catchy, it's just the words! Even the cleaned up version isn't clean. I'm Sorry Mama is just awful. I know the guy had a hard life, but come on. He has a little girl too, seven I think. But...on a better note, I think he may be turning the corner. He has reunited with his ex-wife, and they plan to remarry. His little girl is delighted I guess. He has even accepted another child his wife had while they were separated. He skipped the Grammys (I think it was that awards show) to stay home with his family. I read he is crazy about his daughter. He even lets her listen to Brittney Spears and will listen with her. So, let's hope if his life is in order, he may come out cleaner. :)