Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Lollapalooza! Anybody going? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Lollapalooza! Anybody going?

Dogstar
04-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Got my ticket to the Philly Lollapalooza for July 27:
The lineup:

Audioslave
Jane's Addiction
Incubus
Queens of the Stone Age
Jurassic 5
The Donnas

Love Audioslave, QOTSA and Jane's Addiction; Incubus is OK; Don't know much about Jurassic 5; have only heard one song from The Donnas and I wasn't too impressed...1-4 is good though...

Anybody else know about Jurassic 5?

luvscott4ever
04-06-2003, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't miss this for the world!! I haven't decided yet where I'm going to see it though. I could get tickets for home, but the big drawback is that it's inside!! A columnist for our local newspaper said: "Lollapalooza indoors? Why Bother?" and have to say I agree. So I'm seriously thinking about driving to Milwaukee to go to it, the show there would be outside, and I LOVE to see concerts outside, and I could make it a weekend getaway!

luvscott4ever
04-06-2003, 12:53 PM
Just an FYI, I read a story on my radio stations web-site that A Perfect Circle will be replacing QOTSA for a few of the Lollapalooza's shows. They didn't state which shows, so I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing. If I hear anything else I'll let you know. Do the same for me, ok??

Dogstar
04-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Yeah, the lollapalooza web site had which shows. Mine isn't one of them :D. I would be bummed missing QOTSA. I'm with you, it's outside or forget it!

JenRN
04-06-2003, 10:47 PM
I would love to go but no one I know would like to go with me:( The only band I would REALLY want to see would be Audioslave, I would love to see them in concert! I like Queens of the Stone Age too and Incubus but still the main reason for me would be Audioslave:)

Dogstar
04-06-2003, 11:00 PM
I'm going by myself, I don't care :D. No way I'm missing it. Most of my friends hate the music I love, so I'm used to going alone! Except for my Creed buds! I've seen them twice with my very good board friends!!!!!

TeriB19
04-06-2003, 11:04 PM
:D :D :D :D

Dogstar
04-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
:D :D :D :D

Hell, yeah!!!!

marlsy
04-07-2003, 11:11 AM
I would love to go to that concert!!!! Never heard of Jurassic 5 but I like all the others. Audioslave and Queen of the Stone Age would be the draw for me, I also think the Donna's ROCK!! I love seeing girls that can really ROCK!!!

neverdie86
04-16-2003, 01:39 PM
BTW, if anyone has an extra ticket to Lolla for the Philly show on 7/27, can you PLEASE e-mail me at NeverDieJS@AOL.com. I just scruffed up enough money to get a reserved seat ticket and I didn't have it on time for when the tickets when on sale. I'm hoping for something center stage. That would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

benkenobi
04-16-2003, 04:40 PM
A couple of my friends are going, but I'll be on vacation. They're looking forward to hearing Incubus and Audioslave!

Dogstar
04-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Wish I could help ya, neverdie...I only have one ticket, which came in the mail today...wooo-hooooooo. You might want to try eBay, though being strapped for cash, that might not work for you. Just a thought, though. That's where I got my Audioslave ticket for the March 7 show in Philly.

Bridge of Clay
04-16-2003, 11:44 PM
If I could, Iīd go for Audioslave and Incubus! :)

I donīt like QOTSA and donīt know the other bands

Lechium
04-17-2003, 03:06 AM
I wanna see A Perfect Circle there... and Jurassic 5.... sucks thou that APC and QOTSA wount be playng at the same time.

neverdie86
04-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Oh, thanks anyway. I've looked at Ebay and they're usually somewhere around 90 bucks or so and it's not even for great seats. I'll just keep looking but thanks again.

Dogstar
04-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I've heard lots of good things about APC, but I don't know their music.

Lechium
04-17-2003, 03:12 PM
APC is sorta cross between Tool and Smashing Pumpkins... well not really but somewhere along these lines.

Dogstar
04-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Hmm, sounds cool. I'll have to give them a listen. If that's the case, it is too bad they won't be on the same lineup with QOTSA...It'll be fun nonetheless. I'm really looking forward to it.

luvscott4ever
04-17-2003, 05:57 PM
Anna LOVES APC!! But why wouldn't she...Maynard from Tool is the lead singer and Tool is her ultimate most favorite band!! I'll have to check out the web-site and see if they say if it's going to be APC or QOTSA! Either way, I won't be disappointed!!

Dogstar
04-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Wow, I didn't even know who was APC, just that lots of people like them. That's awesome. I'll have to download some songs! Any recommendations, luvscott? :D

Lechium
04-17-2003, 11:35 PM
APC is

Billy Howerdel guitar tech for Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, etc (he writes all music for the band. APC is HIS band, for everyone else its a sideproject really)
Maynard James Keenan singer from Tool
Josh Freese drummer from Suicidal Tendencies, Abandoned Pools, etc

Troy Van Leeuwen guitarist from Failure, left APC to tour with QOTSA
Paz Lenchantin bass girl, left APC for Zwan

Twiggy Ramirez new bass player. ex-Marylin Manson, played all guitars, bass and wrote music there
Danny Lohner new guitar player. ex-Nine Inch Nails multiinstrumentalist. Worked with Rob Zombie, Trust Company, David Bowie. Very talented guy, sorta strange to see him as just a guitar player.

P.S. Billy Corgan had created the runic ornaments for cd booklet design, so they have insane amout of big people involved (Tim "Herb" Alexander of Primus, Alan Moulder who produced NIN, U2, Smashing Pumpkins and many others).

Lechium
04-17-2003, 11:36 PM
songs to d/l? 3 Libras, Judith, Magdalena, Hollow. CD they have out is very solid in general.

Dogstar
04-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks very much, Lechium. I'll check them out.

luvscott4ever
04-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I guess I have to agree with Lechium...Anna has their one and only cd and it is very good...They are working on another one, I guess that's why they are touring...not sure when that is suppose to come out, but I guarantee, Anna WILL be buying it!!

CollectiveSoul
04-29-2003, 08:57 PM
Im goin to Lollapalooza! On July 11th. IM so pyshched. I love audioslave

luvscott4ever
04-29-2003, 09:24 PM
I'll either be going July 6th, here at home, or July 11th in Milwaukee...leaning toward Milwaukee...outdoor concerts ROCK!! If I saw it here, I would be indoors....YUK!! And Audioslave..can't wait to see them...I'll be seeing them Memorial Weekend in Somerset, Wi at 93X Fest, or local radio station does this every year, 2 days, 25 bands....it's gonna ROCK!!!!!!!

Dogstar
04-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Oh, man, does THAT sound like fun, luvscott! Oh, and I picked up the APC CD...It's REALLY good. I did recognize Judith from hearing it on the radio. Awesome song.

luvscott4ever
05-04-2003, 05:36 AM
Yeppers, It's gonna be a blast...so far just me and the kid going, but we'll get by!! lol....I'm back in my concert mode again...saw Disturbed last nite, which by the way, was soooo f***ing AWESOME!! I was going thru serious concert withdrawl and now only 3 weeks left til the XFest weekend show...seeing Audioslave is going to be soo cool...I'm sooo psyched about seeing them, I can't wait!! :dancing:

Dogstar
05-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Hehehe, I know what you mean about concert withdrawal...Now it's nothing until Lolla in July. I'll have to catch something, even if it's local, before then. I won't be able to stand not hearing some live tunes.