Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Red Dragon [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon

JenRN
04-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Just wondering how many people have seen this and if they like it? I just watched it, thought it was good! It was a lot better than Hannibal. I loved Silence of the Lambs and this was just as good!

hayley
04-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Silence of the Lambs? :eye:

What's this about?

luvscott4ever
04-06-2003, 12:12 AM
I AGREE!! I just watched it tonight too!! I thought it was GREAT!!
I also feel the same about the other two films. I didn't like Hannibal, but like Silence!!

JenRN
04-06-2003, 12:15 AM
You have never seen the Silence of the Lambs movie about Hannibal Lecter:confused:
OMG!!!:eek:
It is a series of 3 movies about a serial murderer named Hannibal Lector, he is a cannibal. The movies have him in it and then they feature FBI investigations of new cases and he from jail "helps" assist FBI on new cases! It is really creepy stuff, I love horror suspense films and LOVE Silence of the Lambs! Anthony Hopkins plays Hannibal you must have seen it or seen it advertised!:confused:

luvscott4ever
04-06-2003, 12:22 AM
I love Anthony Hopkins, he's a great actor!!!

JenRN
04-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I love Anthony Hopkins, he's a great actor!!!
Yeah me too! NO ONE could play Hannibal but him, it just would not be the same!

CollectiveSoul
04-06-2003, 12:51 AM
that movei sucks

Dogstar
04-06-2003, 01:57 AM
Silence of the Lambs freaked me out so much that I had no desire to see the others. The movie was well done and all; it just gave me nightmares.

hayley
04-06-2003, 04:41 AM
yeah i've seen Hannibal advertised, i haven't seen it though, and don't know if i want too :rolleyes: i asked my mum and dad and they go "no way you will be so SICK!!" :lol:

creedfan47a
04-06-2003, 05:51 AM
I saw Silence of the Lambs ages ago, and it freaked me out. I thought it was well made though. I had NO interest in seeing Hannibal, from what I heard, it was repulsive. When I heard Red Dragon was starring Ed Norton, I psyched myself up to see it (it's my mission to see every one of his movies :D ). I thought it was pretty good, and not all that gory. Ed was very good. :D

TeriB19
04-06-2003, 09:56 AM
*raising hand
I also was freaked out by Silence of the Lambs. Very very very intense movie. I haven't seen any of the sequels (or prequels) but the Silence was awesome.

marlsy
04-06-2003, 11:23 AM
I want to see Red Dragon!! I actually had it in my hands to rent this weekend and instead got Ghost Ship, which I though was good!! The Beginning is extremely gory!! I also watch Maid in Manhatten which I also liked even if J Lo was in it!! I like her better as an actor than I do a singer! Today I'm gonna watch White Oleander, I heard was intense but I like those kind of movies as well!! It's been a movie marathon weekend for us!! Hey I also love Scilence of the Lambs, great horror flick!!! I guess you have to be a true horror flick fan to appriciate the gore flicks! Hannibal was good to, not as good, but good.

Bridge of Clay
04-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Silence of the lambs has some really disgusting scenes...

People always said so much about it that when I watched it, I didnīt like it... I mean, itīs a good movie, but I think I had higher expectations...

But I didnīt watch the other 2 :(

farmgirl
04-06-2003, 12:47 PM
I saw all 3 of these movies and have them on DVD. I LOVE scary movies. Red Dragon is actually a pre-quel to Silence of the Lambs and was a remake of Manhunter, where the Hannibal Lector character was first introduced. For those of you who liked Red Dragon, I recommend checking out Manhunter. I think it's a better version and a little more scarier. :eek: (Anthony Hopkins doesn't appear in this one, Hannibal is played by Brian Cox)

Xterminator27
04-06-2003, 03:10 PM
The excercist was neat

creedfan47a
04-06-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by farmgirl
I saw all 3 of these movies and have them on DVD.  I LOVE scary movies.  Red Dragon is actually a pre-quel to Silence of the Lambs and was a remake of Manhunter, where the Hannibal Lector character was first introduced.  For those of you who liked Red Dragon, I recommend checking out Manhunter.  I think it's a better version and a little more scarier.   :eek:  (Anthony Hopkins doesn't appear in this one, Hannibal is played by Brian Cox)

Yeah, I think when Red Dragon came out, there was some confusion as to where exactly it fit in with Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. It is the prequel, dealing with Dr Lecter first getting caught.

As good as Manhunter might be, it doesn't have Edward Norton in it. :D :P

JenRN
04-06-2003, 10:11 PM
I wanted to get into FBI work and investigations in my lifetime, so this series of movies was right up my alley! I really liked Red Dragon thought it was just as good as Silence of the Lambs which I loved! It takes a lot to freak me out, and these movies do to a point, I love a good suspense flick!:D

Lady Valkyrie
04-07-2003, 01:58 AM
First of all does anyone read on here?! I mean these movies are books by Thomis Harris. I read all 3 of them years ago... BEFORE the movies came out. The books are always better in my humble opinion because what you watch on a screen is someone else's imagination unfolding. When you read the book... it is YOUR imagination that is unfolding.

Also in Hannible the ending wasn't even the same ending as what Thomas Harris originally wrote years ago. Not even the alternate ending was correct. Don't believe me and don't want to read the book? Well just look on the special features of Red Dragon DVD. On it it has the full "FBI Casefile" on Hannible Lector. It has in it the REAL ending of what the Hannible movie should have been.

Also as you can tell I am a HUGE fan of this trilogy. I am a fan of Thomis Harris for sure. But I am like so wild over Anthony Hopkins. Even in his aging years he gets sexier and sexier. For me there is Scott Stapp sexy then there is Anthony Hopkins sexy... both are VERY good to me. :)

GeeK_2004
04-07-2003, 03:56 PM
what is red dragon about ??

farmgirl
04-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi Geek 2004,
It's about a killer with a cleft lip or some deformity that kills family's due to some stuff that happened to him while he was being raised. (They don't go into that much about his past in the movie, but they do in the book).
Anyway, the cops look to a locked-up serial killer, Hannibal Lector, to help them catch this other killer.
It's a pre-quel to Silence of the Lambs.
There's alot more to it, but that is the basic story line.

Rose

marlsy
04-11-2003, 07:34 PM
gonna watch it tonight!!!! woo hoooo, love a good horror flick!!

JenRN
04-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Marsly You are going to love it!! I really liked it a lot, it was just as good as Silence of the Lambs. I bought the DVD and glad I did, I have watched it twice already!:D :D

marlsy
04-11-2003, 07:40 PM
I can't wait!!!! I have to wait for the kids to go to bed or they will try and watch it with me, or else interrupt the movie bugging me!!!!! ggggrrrrrr kids LOL Have you seen ghost ship jen? I thought it was pretty good.

JulieCitySlicker
04-11-2003, 07:43 PM
I havn't seen that movie:confused:

Xterminator27
04-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Watch all 10 Jason movies

JenRN
04-11-2003, 07:49 PM
I have not seen Ghost Ship, it got really bad reviews so I was not too sure about it. But if you say it is good I will rent it!:)

JulieCitySlicker
04-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
I have not seen Ghost Ship, it got really bad reviews so I was not too sure about it.  But if you say it is good I will rent it!:) Ghost ship is creepy:eek: :eek: I saw it when I was home.

marlsy
04-11-2003, 07:50 PM
I thought it has good suspense! I liked it! It is pretty gory!!! It's not as good as the Ring or anything but I think it's worth watching!

JenRN
04-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Well Marlsy what do you think about Red Dragon?:D

marlsy
04-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Hey Jen, I liked it!! It was very well acted and a good story!! Not as gruesome as the others which is better! He is one freak i'll tell ya that!!! Creepy dude!!! now I'm gonna watch Spy Kids 2 with the kids LOL