Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
POW saved!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : POW saved!!

JenRN
04-01-2003, 08:26 PM
WOO HOO our troops saved one of our POW"s!!!!!!! A 19 year old girl from West Virginia she was saved by our troops!!! I was so elated with the news, how awesome!!!:angel: :bow: :bow:

marlsy
04-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Yes I saw that Jen!!!! that is sooooooo awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JenRN
04-01-2003, 08:43 PM
I think the Iraqi's spread out the POW's in different areas, they want to play cat and mouse with us! They are not too stupid they probably put them far enough from one another that if we found them it would not be a total loss for them:mad: I was so happy to see that news, can you imagine how her parents feel!:D

marlsy
04-01-2003, 08:50 PM
OMG I know, I actually saw her family interviewed on dateline or one of those shows while she was missing, they were crushed, but I will say her dad was convinced he would see her again!!

TeriB19
04-01-2003, 08:51 PM
That is wonderful news, Jen!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I've stopped watching the news.

JenRN
04-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
That is wonderful news, Jen!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! I've stopped watching the news.
I give you a lot of credit Teri, I would go through terrible withdrawl!:(

TeriB19
04-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Jen, I'm sick of it all. I've been sick of it since it started. It's just too much information. I'm so overwhelmed by it all I just want to shut down.

hotforscott
04-01-2003, 10:04 PM
I know, it is hard to hear what all is going on. That is wonderful news that she was saved. Thank you for sharing.

Bridge of Clay
04-01-2003, 10:29 PM
let me see if I got it: the girl is only 19????? :(
she´s my age!
sorry, I´m speechless... those (I mean, some) who are fighting there are just babies :eek:

I´m glad she´s safe! :angel:

Btw, Saddam was supposed to be on tv today and make a speech, to prove he´s alive, but he didn´t show up... only their defense secretary appeared... :cheers:

Now I think he really is hurt or dead! :)

JenRN
04-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Yeah I think Saddam is toast! :dancing: But the Iraqi's will never let us know this, they will fight until the bitter end!:mad: If they let us know Saddam is dead it would mean defeat to them!

Marcos.... yeah a lot of our military men and women are young!!! It is a mix of young and middle aged people, we have a very deticated military!:bow:

whitebird
04-02-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm really glad to hear that this girl has been found. It gives hope that others that are missing will also be found safe.

marlsy
04-02-2003, 11:09 AM
Sounds as though she is lucky to be alive!! She has several bullet wounds and broken bones!!!:eek: :( Poor thing must of been through hell!! They also found 9 bodies they think might be american there also. An Iraqi informant actually handed our troops a paper with her room number on it, that's when they went in and got her!!!

JenRN
04-02-2003, 11:11 AM
Gee being 19 and all, I guess she had to grow up REAL fast hugh?:( The thought of what those POW's go through sickens me, especailly the women, you know they don't respect their own women can you imagine how they feel about Amercian women?:eek: :eek:

marlsy
04-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah, it's really bad, I saw an interview with one woman POW from the gulf war and she was sexually assalted but she said that really wasn't a big deal after just seeing your commrads murdered your numb and that was just nothing to her. How awful is that?

JenRN
04-02-2003, 11:19 AM
:crying: Another reason why I have DEEP sincere respect for our military men and women, I can't even imagine!:eek: And they VOLUNTEER for this, of course they never know if they will go to war, but the chance is ALWAYS there! The nurse I work with who was deployed, just got married and is only 24, I asked her do you regret getting into the reserves now, and she said Absolutely not!!!!! She actually wanted to go there ASAP becasue she feels the burning desire to help out! Now that is remarkable to me!:angel:

marlsy
04-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Yeah Jen that really is remarkable!! Those men and women are so awsome and amazing!!!!

Bridge of Clay
04-02-2003, 12:24 PM
I dunno, it´s just my opinion, but I think a 19-years-old person is not ready yet for a war... physically (sp?) maybe, but psychologily....... (geez, somebody help me, how do I speel that? you know what I mean)

JulieCitySlicker
04-02-2003, 12:33 PM
I heard about this to:dancing: I'm so glad they rescued her! That poor thing probably went through a lot a crap from them Iraqi JERKS!:mad: :(

marlsy
04-02-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
I dunno, it´s just my opinion, but I think a 19-years-old person is not ready yet for a war... physically (sp?) maybe, but psychologily....... (geez, somebody help me, how do I speel that? you know what I mean)

I know what you mean Marcos, I mean, you can't even drink until you are 21 but you can fight in a war!! That really dosn't make much sense.:dunno:

JulieCitySlicker
04-02-2003, 02:18 PM
I agree Marcos:eek: That is just way to young...and they wonder why people come back and freak out after being in war:crying:

Sheila63
04-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by marlsy
I know what you mean Marcos, I mean, you can't even drink until you are 21 but you can fight in a war!!  That really dosn't make much sense.:dunno:

It doesn't make sense to me either.:confused: I'm just so happy that the POW was found!! Her family must be soooo relieved.

I watch some of the news but, like Teri, I can only watch so much of it and then I have to turn it off.

Bridge of Clay
04-02-2003, 11:46 PM
ditto!

JenRN
04-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Living outside of DC I am flooded with news and military personnel! I admit I am a news addict, have been my entire life! I have converted to Fox news because they are more "balanced" in their reporting, unlike a lot of other stations. I don't watch it all the time but I like to see updates in the am and before I go to bed at night!

marlsy
04-03-2003, 11:09 AM
I do the same Jen, in the morning I get updated and then in the evening I turn on Foxnews channel after the kids are in bed. I also watch Foxnews, they seem to be the best in my book. My hubby won't watch anything else.

JulieCitySlicker
04-03-2003, 12:16 PM
I'll bet that girl knos something about Sadaam;) She's had to of heard something when she was there:confused:

JenRN
04-13-2003, 05:37 PM
I was so happy with the news of them finding 7 more POW alive and in realitively good health made me cry with joy today!:D

TeriB19
04-13-2003, 05:41 PM
I know!!! There is a soldier from Pennsauken NJ (about 45 mins from me) that was among the soldiers that were found alive!! Great news!!

Sheila63
04-13-2003, 05:44 PM
I know, I was so happy to hear that great news this morning. All of this has really touched my heart deeper than I thought. You'll probably think I'm nuts but when I was watching the beginning of a sports event earlier today and they had a person perform God Bless America as well as our National Anthem, both songs brought me to tears in addition to seeing all the people waving the flag. It was really moving and made me feel very patriotic.

JenRN
04-13-2003, 05:47 PM
I can relate Sheila, I get the same way about stuff like that! I am very deeply emotional about certain things and our country and troops are one of them!:bow:

TeriB19
04-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Nah, Sheila, I always get emotional when it comes to American pride.

Sheila63
04-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only who gets that way.:)

Leader of Men
04-13-2003, 06:26 PM
That is some awesome news!!!:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: