Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I am in Texas! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I am in Texas!

hotforscott
03-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey guys, Finally got the computer set up. We are in Texas and are doing okay. We are still searching for a place to live and hope to find something soon. Gotta go to bed for now, but I wanted to check in.

I have missed you guys!

hayley
03-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Missed you too!

Glad everything is okay....:P

good luck with finding a house

Dogstar
03-25-2003, 01:48 AM
Hey, Carrie, great to hear that you made it in one piece! Thanks for the update. And we miss you. too :crying:!

TeriB19
03-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Hey Carrie!! Glad to hear that you are there safe and sound. Best of luck finding a nice place. How long will you be at the address you gave us? Happy unpacking!! Hope to chat with you soon!!!:)

JenRN
03-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Nice to hear from you Carrie;)
We are missing you too! I am glad you are in safe and sound. Good luck house hunting, it can be so exciting! Remember we need the extra rooms for the Milano's and Whoppers;) :dancing:

Bridge of Clay
03-25-2003, 10:23 AM
great!

Have a great time in Texas, Carrie!

hotforscott
03-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks you guys. We will be here until we find a house. Hopefully not too long, it's stressfull living with family. We are doing good though, trying to get halfway settled in. We have lots we need to unpack, but lots that has to stay packed for when we do find a place. I am hoping it's REAL soon.

Talk soon!

JulieCitySlicker
03-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Hi Carrie:dancing: I'm so glad to hear that you made it to Texas safely! Its good to see you here again. I hope you find a house soon! You will be in my prayers:angel: :angel:

Sheila63
03-25-2003, 12:36 PM
So glad to here the move went well, Carrie.:) It seems like the move happened so fast! Happy to hear you got to TX and are safe and sound. I wish you all the best in finding a great house. It's wonderful to hear from you, I've missed you too. Good luck with the unpacking. Ugh, not a fun thing to do.

creedfan47a
03-25-2003, 09:04 PM
I agree with Sheila, this just all happened so fast! It seems like only a week ago you told us you were moving! I'm glad you had a safe journey Carrie, and good luck finding a new house! :D Don't stay away from us too long! :P

Kim V.
03-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear you got to Texas safely, Carrie. Good luck in finding a new house quickly! Also glad to see you back here; you were missed! God Bless....

hotforscott
03-26-2003, 01:41 PM
I know, it did happen very fast, but they don't really play when it comes to that stuff. I like it so far, but I would like it a lot better if I was in my own house. Living with someone is a pain. Plus their kids drive me batty. They are gone all day until 7:30 with cheer and tee ball practices, and the kids are in bed at 8:30, but the weekends I know are gonna drive me crazy. Last weekend wasn't too bad because we just got here, and then Daniel has to do some 3 day training class at Camp Robinson the 4,5, and 6 of April (my birthday) so he will be heading back to Arkansas for that and I am going to stop with the kids in Texarkana for the weekend so I can be with my Mom and brother's for my birthday and they can have their house to themselves for a weekend. I think it will be better to be with my side for my birthday then to be up here with in-laws and Daniel 6.5 hours away.

Well, I will check back in later, I haven't had a chance to get on much, but I will stop in here and there until we get our own place. I hate to tie up their line for too long.

DangerousDan85
03-26-2003, 01:50 PM
"Don't mess with Texas"

I just like to say that

hotforscott
03-26-2003, 04:06 PM
LMAo! I forgot all about that saying.

DangerousDan85
03-26-2003, 04:42 PM
there is also

"Everything is bigger in Texas"

Mulletman
03-26-2003, 05:57 PM
yes everything IS bigger in texas

btw, where in texas are you?

(DONT say the dallas/ft. worth metroplex, for i WILL smite you...)

TeriB19
03-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman

(DONT say the dallas/ft. worth metroplex, for i WILL smite you...) SAY IT CARRIE!! SAY IT!!! No one is better at smiting than Mullet. I don't call him the "Mighty Mullet" for nothing, ya know!!;)

Xterminator27
03-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Do u all wear Cowboy hats there? and hold guns?

TeriB19
03-26-2003, 09:45 PM
Yes, so it would be in your best interest to stay out of Texas.:D

JulieCitySlicker
03-26-2003, 10:00 PM
:lol: :lol:

JulieCitySlicker
03-26-2003, 10:49 PM
I was born in Austin Texas;)

Mulletman
03-26-2003, 11:06 PM
X, yes and no.

yes we do carry guns but not like in the wild-west. alot of us carry guns because we have the right to, the right to carry concealed weapons.

is that a good thing? not really cause people do get killed.
will i ger rid of my gun? "you'd have to pry it off my cold dead hands..."

as for the cowboy stuff, yes you do find alot of the stereotypical texan cowboys here, mainly up north, bear dallas (hence my remark) texas is divided rather wierd..

Houston is like the cultural melting pot of texas. (YAY!!!)

north of houston is mainly cowboy land

south of houston is owned by the mexicans.. dont believe me? have you seen those texas commecrcials in which you see the mexican folkloric(sp?) ballet dancers? thats San Antonio.

to the east we have KKK country.

SW houston has quannell X and the new black panthers

austin is very conservative, and nice.

as for the everything is bigger in texas, our state capitol building is noticably bigger than the US capital in DC. the halliburton factory is fucking HUGE, looks more like a compound...

anyway... to summerize texas great, houston even better

Bridge of Clay
03-26-2003, 11:11 PM
hey mullet, you forgot to mention itīs the biggest state too (in size)

Dogstar
03-27-2003, 05:04 AM
Carrie, I hope your search for your own place is speedy!

hotforscott
03-27-2003, 01:10 PM
I am in the Dallas area. About 40 miles from Dallas. I am in Sanger right now staying with family, but hope to be in Denton soon. This town is way too small for me. They are out in Bolivar and everything is 20 minutes away. There is an area out in the middle of Denton, near the mall that has a lot of new developments, etc. and that is where I want to be. I like to know there is a mall, grocery store and gas station near by and there is nothing, but Family owned market things out here. I haven't seen too many Mexicans, I know Texas has a lot of them and I know from being in Dallas, shopping and stuff I saw a TON, but here I haven't. Not yet anyway. Thanks for the wishes sent my way for finding a place soon. I appreciate it.

JenRN
03-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman

(DONT say the dallas/ft. worth metroplex, for i WILL smite you...)
Trying to tell us something MULLET?;) Man I missed ya!:D

creedfan47a
03-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Interesting fact: Austin, Texas is sister city to my city, Adelaide! :D

TeriB19
03-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Wow, that is very cool. Carrie ought to pay a visit to Austin, it will be just like visiting you in Adelaide!! I learn something new everyday!!

creedfan47a
03-27-2003, 08:39 PM
A couple of years ago, we had a newsreader from Austin come visit and read the news on one of our stations for a few months. It was funny hearing her accent every day! :D

PaulMcCoygirl
03-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Yes we all have that wonderful accent were we leave off all the "G's" Like when we say goin'.....

hotforscott
03-28-2003, 11:58 AM
I have been to Austin before, but not in a long time. I will have to do that sometime.

Dogstar
03-30-2003, 04:31 AM
I have never been to Texas. Some day, I am going to drive cross-country and hit every state. I'll come and visit y'all :D!

hotforscott
03-30-2003, 10:25 PM
You better come visit if you drive across the country. I was a military brat so I have been to 48 of the 50 states. Alaska and Washington State are the only 2 I have not been to.

Dogstar
03-31-2003, 12:52 AM
Wow, Carrie, that's amazing. I definitely would come visit!!! I actually have been to Alaska :)...Beeeeeeeeeautiful place.

creedfan47a
03-31-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by hotforscott
You better come visit if you drive across the country. I was a military brat so I have been to 48 of the 50 states. Alaska and Washington State are the only 2 I have not been to.

Lucky! My country has only 8 states (well, 6 states and 2 territories) and I've only been to 4 of the 8. :( One of those 4, Australian Capital Territory, I've only passed through. Never been to Western Australia, Tasmania, or Northern Territory.

hotforscott
03-31-2003, 12:25 PM
I know, we visited a lot of places, plus we lived in a lot of places. I even lived on Guam. I had been to 15 schools by the time I was in 12th grade, we moved 2-3 times in the middle of the year. I am glad I have been to so many places, I hated it then, but I appreciate it now.