Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Who do you respect the most? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Who do you respect the most?

JenRN
03-24-2003, 02:47 PM
I was thinking of this earlier and wondered who everyone has respect for and why! It can be anyone from family to friends to public figures. I will list 5 of mine, please list your and WHY!!!!

1)My Parents
First and foremost is them. Through my life I have watched them sacrifice so much for me. They were very strict with me growing up and never followed the "norm" as a lot of my friends parents did, such as no curfew etc... I resented it growing up but now I am older I am grateful for it! They continue to teach me lessons even at age 30 I love them more than anything!

2)The FDNY and NYPD form 9/11
I was completely blown away by their bravery and strong focus. They sacrificed their lives for others and continued day after day to go into those buildings looking for victims! They set a standard for every firefighter and cop, medical personnel around. They are truley hero's:angel:

3) Our military men and women
Even before this war they have my utmost respect! Regardless of political views they VOLUNTEER to defend this great country of the USA!! I am sure they go with fear of the unkown, and to me that is remakable, the are also true hero's to me!

4)Older generations
It is no mystery that I respect the older generations such as the WW2 generation. Over the years I have had the pleasure to talk to them and to learn from their "wise ways". I find pure joy in talking to them and learning of how "life used to be" and how they viewed our country and life. They are dying by the thousands everyday, if you have the chance talk to them, it is amazing! My grandfather was part of this generation and I felt truly saddened and lost of not having him here to talk to anymore!:(

5) CREED!!!
I have so much respect for them too!! They prove that if you have a dream and focus, anything is possible!!! They got to where they are by tough work and true effort!! They took a risk and made music "from the soul" They did not follow the norm of bashing your mother etc... they came along in the times of grunge and took a chance on real rock and roll and did not care what the industry thought. They proved to them what people want!!!! They continue to rock us all and bring "enlightment " to millions!:angel:

I have several others but these are on my highest list!

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-24-2003, 04:27 PM
1.My Mom and Dad :
They were there for me in a big way. I had a bad childhood not because of anything they did but because of something that happened to me. I took it out on them and it was rough. They never gave up on me and I never gave up on them. I got back on track.Now as I go through my husband's illness they have proven once again how much they love me and how proud they are of me.They have been for us in every way imaginable!!!

2.My Husband(Steve) :
Just for loving me they way he does. For being a fighter right now when he needs to be the most in his life. For letting me now he will conquer his illness and still go on. For being the most wonderful father to our two girls. For taking care of us when we should be taking care of him!! I Love this man more then LIFE!!!:wub:

3.My Aunt Barbie :
This woman has conquered a mountain. She is still going through alot but she has proven to me nothing can ever own you. You have to live for you and no one else.Her spirit is amazing and no matter what, she always tries to keep a smile on.She has shown me the kind of woman I want to be and keeps me climbing to reach my dreams.

last but not least
4.All Of You :
Everyone on here has sometimes gone out of their way to help someone out. You all in one way or another tried to be there for someone who might have needed just a little extra support. You've all shared your opinions and almost always tried to be impartial to each other. You are all a great group of people and I'm so glad I came here:hugs: :thewave:

JulieCitySlicker
03-24-2003, 04:43 PM
1. My parents:
For all their love and support through out the years...even when I was a bioch when I was younger and I hit my teens. For teaching me right from wrong and for listening to me when I needed advice. For giving me a home when I was not wanted.

2. Our troops in fighting for our freedom and rights as Americans. For standing in the gap for our safety and being willing to do whatever it takes...even if it cost them their lives. For being proud of the country that they live in and putting fears aside and uncertainty. GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS:angel:

Siana
03-24-2003, 05:00 PM
I respect my parents,my friends,other people's opinion,the free will and honesty

DangerousDan85
03-24-2003, 05:47 PM
I respect: my parents, other people's feelings, other people's privacy, doctors, nurses, firefighters, teachers, people in the military, police (etc.)

I'm too lazy to put why

marlsy
03-24-2003, 05:51 PM
I respect my Mom even though she isn't with me anymore, she was the most caring and full of life person I've ever known!

My Husband, he is so friendly, outgoing, kind, georgous, sweet and SMART!! I could never of picked a better hubby, he is my best friend!

I respect police, firefighters, nurses, any kind of person with a job to help people. Including the Military!!

HigherGirl
03-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I respect my parents, my husband, my friends, Our troops and CREED!!!!!!!!! sorry I won't type "why"...I type all day at work!

hayley
03-24-2003, 11:59 PM
My parents because they are there for me whenever i need them, and they think the world of me.

My friends, they are also there for me all of the time, if i need a shoulder to cry on, i go to them.

Creed, simply because they give me an amazing gift to be one of their fans, and becase of the beautiful amazing music they give to us.

I respect everything in this world.

Bridge of Clay
03-25-2003, 12:07 AM
God
My Parents
My Grandparents
People who risk their own lives for the others
People who dedicate their lives to save/help others
People who despite all their success, remain humble
Creed - touch lots of people with meaningful songs
a lot of other people from this board too: although they have/had serious problems, they kept a good sense of humour: Suzie and Dan, for example. Sorry, there are a lot of other good examples but I canīt remember right now...

souldancer
03-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
God
My Parents
My Grandparents
People who risk their own lives for the others
People who dedicate their lives to save/help others
People who despite all their success,  remain humble
Creed - touch lots of people with meaningful songs
a lot of other people from this board too: although they have/had serious problems, they kept a good sense of humour: Suzie and Dan, for example. Sorry, there are a lot of other good examples but I canīt remember right now...

That's a thoughtful list and such a great thread topic Jen!

Steve
03-25-2003, 05:17 AM
My mom and dad
My Grandfather who isn't with me anymore
My Grandmother
Army, police, firefighters, paramedics, etc.
A few of my high school teachers and college professors (just a select few)
My close friends (they know who they are)

GoodGodGirl23
03-25-2003, 01:44 PM
:) Wow, The list could be long...God, my Spirit Guides, My Angel BoyIan( My folks are in Heaven):( :embarass: Marcos, for someone so young, we are the same age spiritually, I respect him, he's a wonderful soul, kind, thoughtful, sweet:wub: Souldancer, good friend, listener, adviser..;) :) :angel:

Bridge of Clay
03-25-2003, 01:47 PM
:D

GoodGodGirl23
03-25-2003, 02:54 PM
;)

Siana
03-25-2003, 06:13 PM
:angel:

JulieCitySlicker
03-25-2003, 06:18 PM
God: Because He died so we could have eternal life and for taking all our sins upon Himself so we can be forgiven:angel:

Sheila63
03-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Here's my list:

My Mom and Dad - For all the things they taught me and the love they've showed me.

Our Military Men and Women - Despite how I feel about whatever is happening in the world, these brave men and women have my total support and respect for what they do every day. The stories I've heard of the sacrifices they and their families make amaze me.

People That Help Others (Firemen, Policemen and Nurses) - People doing this kind of work have some of the toughest jobs in the world, IMO. The bravery of firemen and policemen just leav me in awe. Nurses to me are definitely unsung heros in the medical field. I have a cousin who's a nurse and the work they do every day to make others more comfortable and feel better is to be applauded.

My friends (including all of you on this bb) - For the friendship, laughter and support that you and my other friends give to me I will always be grateful for. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have such wonderful friends.

Creed - I know a lot of you already know what this band has done for me so I'll try not to get too repetitive. I respect them for using their talents to offer music with hope, faith and an overall positive message to the world . I also respect them for all they give back to the world through their charity work.

TeriB19
03-25-2003, 08:43 PM
1. My mom, for raising two kids as a single mom with no help from any ex-husbands. For instilling the morals and values that both my brother and I live with to this day and for making sure we had a loving and warm home despite the hardships we faced.

2. My brother, my hero. First a Marine, then a Philly cop, then eventually he lived his dream of being a Philly Fire Fighter. All he ever wanted to do was to follow in his dad's footsteps, to be a Marine, then a Fire Fighter. With persistance and hard work, he achieved his goal and saves the lives of others on a daily basis.

3. My husband, a Navy reservist who served 6 years active duty and is now 3 years away from retirement. He has worked full time, gotten his BA and continued to support his family while continuing his career in the Navy. I am very proud and respectful of him.

4. Our troops, both overseas and here in the US. To volunteer your life to serve your country and put your life at risk is the ultimate challenge and I respect the hell out of that.