Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
OK, describe to me your definition of ROCK. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : OK, describe to me your definition of ROCK.

marlsy
03-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Ok, give it to me, let me hear it! And then I will give you mine.;)

Siana
03-20-2003, 04:50 PM
rock has nothing to do with Linkin Park
Rock is-Creed,U2,Manowar

JenRN
03-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Rock to me is Creed, Metallica, Audioslave, Nickleback etc.... rock to me is music with heavy guitar riffs and a STRONG lead singer who can pull off any kind of medoy! Rock music speaks to you, it makes you want to get up and JAM!:jam: There are a lot of Rock groups I like classics like Zepplin, to new rock like Creed. Rock is not the "new wave" of music that comes out like Linkin Park or Limp Bizcut :mad: A lot of people think of that is rock but to me it is not! When Creed came out in 1997 I was thrilled beyond belief because it was what I was waiting for, for sooo long!:dancing: Like Tremonti has said in many interviews
"We are the old school rock everyone has been waiting for!" And I agree with him!;)

Unforgiven Fan
03-20-2003, 08:40 PM
the basics of rock is a guitar and bass and a drum set. does not matter about vocals. rock is different in a way from classic rock, rock n' roll, and all that. Rock sometimes has distored guitars or bass. that destortion can be heavy, like in metal or light like in DSD or no distortion at all like lullaby or darkness from disturbed. You can have solos on bass, drums, or guitars. if you are adding a dj or mc and techno effects then you are going into a hybrid of rock and another genre but not rock it self. Also lyrics like BSB, nsync, and well you know are automatically pop. There is a certain way of writing that is invovled with rock becuase some things do not sound right when add with a rock sound and it is easily noticed. Some good band the represent rock is Metallica, Creed, Audioslave, Slayer, Pantera, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, Staind, Cold, etc..... i hope that makes sense.:band:

Bridge of Clay
03-20-2003, 09:58 PM
The Calling = not rock
Creed/Nickelback= rock
Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit=rap rock
Slayer/Iron= metal

DangerousDan85
03-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Rock to me is Creed, Metallica, Audioslave, Nickleback etc.... rock to me is music with heavy guitar riffs and a STRONG lead singer who can pull off any kind of medoy! &nbsp;Rock music speaks to you, it makes you want to get up and JAM!:jam: There are a lot of Rock groups I like classics like Zepplin, to new rock like Creed. &nbsp;Rock is not the "new wave" of music that comes out like Linkin Park or Limp Bizcut :mad: &nbsp;A lot of people think of that is rock but to me it is not! &nbsp; When Creed came out in 1997 I was thrilled beyond belief because it was what I was waiting for, for sooo long!:dancing: &nbsp;Like Tremonti has said in many interviews &nbsp;
"We are the old school rock everyone has been waiting for!" &nbsp;And I agree with him!;) </b>

I agree

Dogstar
03-20-2003, 11:23 PM
I like your explanation, Unforgiven.

jango
03-21-2003, 06:50 PM
"Rock" cannot be quantified by a musical style or set of instruments. "Rock" is an attitude, a style all its own.

Siana
03-21-2003, 06:53 PM
well said

Bridge of Clay
03-21-2003, 07:53 PM
jango, what´s that in your avie?

marlsy
03-21-2003, 08:45 PM
his avie looks like the matrix.

DangerousDan85
03-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jango
<b>"Rock" cannot be quantified by a musical style or set of instruments. "Rock" is an attitude, a style all its own. </b>

i was gonna say something like that, Rock is a feeling

some bands have the "Rock attitude" and some don't

HigherGirl
03-21-2003, 09:31 PM
rock is a kick ass guitar player..
Powerful Drummer...
Great voice lead singer..
Just described CREED:P
Ok...THAT was cheeeeesy:D

JenRN
03-21-2003, 10:45 PM
OK Marlsy your turn!:P ;)

Dogstar
03-22-2003, 12:51 AM
Love your avatar, jango!

hayley
03-22-2003, 04:10 AM
Rock reaches out to you and pulls you into the world of electric guitar/acoustic guitar chords, beautiful melodys by the main singer, and powerful pumping beats of the drums. Rock listens to you and feels you, takes you into your own space where you don't want to be interrupted.

ROCK = CREED.

:P

PaulMcCoygirl
03-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Rock takes you into your own little world and is an escape from everyday life. It's the kind of music you can listen too when you're feeling angry, sad, or just happy. Basically anyone can relate to any rock song right now and feel how the singer was feeling when he wrote it.