Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Are Christians welcome here? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Are Christians welcome here?

John 3:16
10-14-2002, 09:34 PM
How Christian friendly is this forum?

John

Steve
10-14-2002, 11:03 PM
This forum is open to anyone that would like to join as long as simple rules are followed -

don't flame others and cause problems
don't flame me
don't bash creed without having a logical reason for the bashing

:D

souldancer
10-14-2002, 11:34 PM
- and I would like to add my three cents....
don;t bash any NON-Christians, that includes Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, agnostics. etc... just NO nasty bashing of fellow humans. In my spiritual view, we are ALL ONE.

creedfaner
10-15-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
- and I would like to add my three cents....
don;t bash any NON-Christians, that includes Buddhists, Hindus,  atheists, agnostics. etc... just NO nasty bashing of fellow humans.  In my spiritual view, we are ALL ONE.

true...but every major religion whorships the same God, the same big man, the same big cheese. In all of the religions, there is one dude (in one-God religions, i am not very fluent in other religions, so correct me if i'm wrong). But the difference between the religions on this earth, is how we got that God. Either through Jesus's preaching, or Muhammad, etc.

So there is no real reason to fight over religion here unless some people from Isreal and Pakistan come here. And/Or, extremists come here. Either way, fighting over religions here is pretty much not an issue. I am guessing most people here are American correct? For the exception of maybe few.

souldancer
10-15-2002, 12:51 AM
No, I don't believe in fighting over religious views either, unless someone tells me I am going to hell because I don;t believe, as they believe! And if you look at many wars, they have A LOT to do with religious differences....and I bet if you look at our Faith/Religion area on the BB - you will see that it probably has the most contraversy - not that, that is bad. I think we just hold our beliefs SO TIGHTLY to who we our and how we view the world, it is very unique and personal. I agree with ya, CF - there is that One God/Source - but we all get there unique ways. ...like rivers to an ocean. We're all bathing in the same salty sea! :)

creedfaner
10-15-2002, 12:52 AM
yes...very true! Nicely said there! :)

Lady Valkyrie
10-15-2002, 08:07 AM
Just remember that I myself have experienced that if you explain with Bible scriptures as to why we Christian believe as we do some get "flamed"... yet people expect for you to back up what you believe with something and not just pull your beliefs out of your rear. and if Christians say that we believe as the Bible states that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Heavenly Father God, then people are "flamed"...but why should we deny what we believe in for the sake of political correctness? Some believe that there are "many paths to God" however that is not my belief and for the most part Christians in general don't believe that either... however there is the occassional exception to the rule. Yet because I don't believe there are many paths to God as the Holy Bible says I am ridiculed and labeled as intolerant... in reality it is "they" who are the intolerant ones.For "they" are expecting us Christians to deny what we believe and to keep our mouths shut... for what Christians believe is not the "popular" thing to believe. Why should we downplay what we believe to be the infalliable word of God? In the beginning Christians were made fun of for believeing certain things... we were ridiculed in the beginning. HOWEVER... THE TIDE HAS CHANGED...People are actually letting Christians speak their peace and letting us be. People are actually respecting us. As it should... they want respect... they need to show respect as well. Christians believe what they believe for a reason. To deny ANY of what we believe all in the name of political correctness is denying our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I wouldn't expect anyone to deny their beliefs and faith. Don't expect me to deny or keep quiet in a public faith and religion forum about what I believe in.

I believe that most realize now that political correctness is not something I do well... never have and never will. I have never demanded that anyone agree with me... nor have I ever demanded that non-christians conform to my way of thinking. However, I will state my opinion as others do, I will not back down, and I will stand strong for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

souldancer
10-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
<b>Just remember that I myself have experienced that if you explain with Bible scriptures as to why we Christian believe as we do some get "flamed"... yet people expect for you to back up what you believe with something and not just pull your beliefs out of your rear. and if Christians say that we believe as the Bible states that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Heavenly Father God, then people are "flamed"...but why should we deny what we believe in for the sake of political correctness? Some believe that there are "many paths to God" however that is not my belief and for the most part Christians in general don't believe that either... however there is the occassional exception to the rule. &nbsp;</b> EXCEPTION HERE!
Lady V, of course you stand strong by your belief, I admire and respect that, just don't suggest that yours is the only way and that mine is not worthy.
No flaming intended here...but I STAND FIRM IN MY VIEWS too. From other conversations like this, it seems often there is a major fork in the road between those that believe by 'faith', and those that believe through 'experience' of God. I travel a path that includes the Christian mystics Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross and St. Francis, along with Emerson and others (IMHO) that bear the insight of being touched by Divine Presence.

creedfaner
10-15-2002, 08:04 PM
my belief shows in some of my songs/poems. I dont think i have showed anyone a song that has a religious influence here yet.

Lady Valkyrie
10-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Souldancer I ask you humbly to clarify something. You say those who have "faith" and those who "experience" God. Are you suggesting that those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior don't "experience" God? How do you know what exactly I experience. Everytime I pray, commune, and meditate I "experience" God's Holy Spirit. There is a sense of love that envelopes me like a bubble. It's pure peace that envelopes me. In that place I find peace and rest. I "experience" my heavenly Father all the time. So I ask again how exactly can you know what any Christian experiences in their heart and soul?

souldancer
10-15-2002, 08:18 PM
So I ask again how exactly can you know what any Christian experiences in their heart and soul? I only KNOW what THIS Christian feels. My comment was " it seems often there is a major fork in the road between those that believe by 'faith', and those that believe through 'experience' of God." I didn' t even suggest knowing exactly what YOU experience. It was a comment within a previous context.

Lady Valkyrie
10-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Again I ask souldancer are you saying that those who have "faith" in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior do not really "experience" God?

Lady Valkyrie
10-15-2002, 09:12 PM
My point is that it's not just a person believe by faith and that's it. But rather because of they believe by faith they do experience God in the fullest... as fully as one can this side of heaven, that is.

souldancer
10-16-2002, 03:17 AM
???? My comment had to do with "belief by faith" and "belief by experience". Very different than having faith in Jesus Christ. Your points have been made. Mine too. I prefer to broaden beyond all these friggin reductionist points. Have you ever seen a forest ?

Mulletman
10-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by John 3:16
How Christian friendly is this forum? &nbsp;

we are very friendly (except for a few stubborn asshats) and you are more than welcome here just dont spread your propaganda here...

TeriB19
10-16-2002, 01:51 PM
<b>???? &nbsp;My comment had to do with "belief by faith" and "belief by experience". &nbsp;Very different than having faith in Jesus Christ. &nbsp;Your points have been made. Mine too. &nbsp;I prefer to broaden beyond all these friggin reductionist points. &nbsp;Have you ever seen a forest ? </b> No, she says the trees keep getting in the way.

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Oh so lets keep on bashing and trying to bully people, Teri and Mulletman... real grown up. At least keep your bullying in one thread, guys. Oh my should I use the word guys? Maybe someone might get offended by the word guys! Oh no I can't possibly upset people on here... they might bully me. I must :bow: before the self proclaimed almighty voice of the entire board and kiss their arse!

LMBO!:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Dogstar
10-16-2002, 03:21 PM
LOOK IN THE MIRROR, LADY V

TeriB19
10-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Oh so lets keep on bashing and trying to bully people, Teri and Mulletman... real grown up. At least keep your bullying in one thread, guys. Oh my should I use the word guys? Maybe someone might get offended by the word guys! Oh no I can't possibly upset people on here... they might bully me. I must :bow: before the self proclaimed almighty voice of the entire board and kiss their arse! &nbsp;

LMBO!:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: I'm praying for you Lady V. I hope you can find your way to tolerance very soon. God Bless.

TeriB19
10-16-2002, 03:27 PM
I must :bow: before the self proclaimed almighty voice of the entire board and kiss their arse! &nbsp;

LMBO!:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Wow, and I thought YOU were the almighty. Hm.

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
LOOK IN THE MIRROR, LADY V

*looks in the mirror*

*says to herself* Hmmm... my hair needs to be brushed...

*brushes hair*

There! I look and feel pretty darn good today!

:P ;) :D

Dogstar
10-16-2002, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes:

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Wow, and I thought YOU were the almighty. Hm.

Ah no but I am a humble servant of the Almighty God in heaven.

TeriB19
10-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Well God Bless us everyone.

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 03:54 PM
I'm praying for you Lady V. I hope you can find your way to tolerance very soon. God Bless.

Ah but I can see some intolerance in you as well my DEER!!! LMBO!! You don't seem to have any tolerance for someone who talks differently than you do... thinks differently than you do... and for someone who is bold and passionate. I shall be praying for you too my deer sister in the Lord... may God richly bless you and your loved ones as well.

Dogstar
10-16-2002, 04:01 PM
You may be bold and passionate but you are also full of yourself and arrogant.

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
You may be bold and passionate but you are also full of yourself and arrogant.

Arrogant? How am I arrogant? For saying dear in a positive way and others take it in a condescending way... and when I try to explain myself I get bullied and told to leave the board... and I just decided to use sarcasm as a weapon of choice? Some use cuss words, some use threats, some use fancy and pretty words to appear above others... I use sarcasm as the choice of weapon. Not a single one of you who has participated in this fiasco in the past hour is any better than me or any less "arrogant" as you like to call it Dogstar. You know what I really think it is arrogant for someone to scream at me that I should leave and never come back and that I wouldn't be missed yet noone has even scolded that certain person... why? Because he's in the "clique" and I am not. That is the ultimate arrogance that is shown on this board. There is a clear division.

Dogstar
10-16-2002, 04:15 PM
I haven't been on this board long enough to be in a clique, so watch yourself. If there is a division, you happen to be on a side of one. I'm not the only one who thinks you're arrogant, self-righteous and insensitive. All you have to do is read the posts of several others on this board. If it walks like a duck and talks like duck...
By the way. I'm done with you. I no longer will engage in conversation with you. Post away.

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 04:41 PM
The only reason why "people" say the things that they do is because they do not like my religious beliefs and that I'm not afraid to boldly proclaim them on this board... even if not a single person agrees with me. If I complained everytime someone said or did something that went against my own personal beliefs I'd be complaining non-stop from now until doomsday but I don't do I... yet when I proclaim the things that I personally believe in people scream at me that I'm intolerant and shoving my beliefs down their throat. I personally don't like the constent use of the "sex" smilie or the fact that people cuss and the "new age" philosphies that float around here... yet I have never complained. Yet when I give a Christian perspective based on Bible scripture people scream that I am closed minded, judgemental and intolerant. If I was intolerant I'd complain about all those little things that bug me about a lot of people here. Just because I believe what I believe and will stand up any day and debate issues doesn't mean that I am intolerant. It is the majority of this board that is intolerant of Christians. I dare any christian on this board to start telling their perspective on issues discussed using the Bible to back up their side and see if you don't get knocked down as I did and labeled as closeminded, judgemental, and intolerant. See, this philosophy with most people... not all... but most on this board is that unless you say everyone's beliefs are right no one is wrong and we all must not quote the Bible for it may offend someone... oh and use the term dear for it might offend someone...then you risk being the outcast. The people may say... sure the Christians are welcome... but in reality they are saying... don't say that anything is a sin...even if you say IMHO... which people like to throw around a lot here... don't quote the Bible because we don't want to hear it or read it... even if you are trying to back up what you believe. Christians were not welcome on the board... then I thought people were starting to accept them more... now I'm doubting that has ever happened at all.

Unforgiven Fan
10-16-2002, 05:21 PM
This bb is about Creed..you can beleive in anything you want but these people will still be nice...I should know...

John 3:16
10-16-2002, 07:27 PM
About all I have to say at this point is WOW!!! So much for peace and harmony.

allison
10-16-2002, 07:53 PM
Bad first impression, huh? :embarass:

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 10:07 PM
First impressions? Heck this board has always been this way. Even before this particular board was created I noticed the last couple of weeks of the old board's existence these same people were beating on someone who has the exact same beliefs as I did because they said "he didn't seem to have anything to back up what he believed... as though he was pulling things out of his rear." So when I registed at this new board I decided to make sure I give scripture as to why I believe the things I do... what do I get? I get the same treatment as the other person on the other board. I've had people on here bash what I believe in my faith in Jesus Christ right down to the very core and they place in there... IMHO meaning In My Humble Opinion as though that excuses them for bashing my beliefs... and they call me the intolereant one! I then play their game and put the silly "IMHO" in there and what happens? Same thing... more bashing. There is no satisfiying these people unless you keep quiet about your Christian beliefs and nod your head, pat them on the back, and agree with their philosophies. Don't believe me? Just read anyone of the threads here in the Faith and Religion forum... you'll see for yourself. Am I blameless here? No... not by a long shot! I've had my days where I just want to reach through the computer and kick some butt... and sometimes my words reflected some of the bitterness. God will help me work through these issues. But I've said it many times and I'll say it again... political correctness is not a part of my vocabulary.

TeriB19
10-16-2002, 10:38 PM
<b>The only reason why "people" say the things that they do is because they do not like my religious beliefs and that I'm not afraid to boldly proclaim them on this board... Yet when I give a Christian perspective based on Bible scripture people scream that I am closed minded, judgemental and intolerant. It is the majority of this board that is intolerant of Christians. I dare any christian on this board to start telling their perspective on issues discussed using the Bible to back up their side and see if you don't get knocked down as I did and labeled as closeminded, judgemental, and intolerant. </b>

1. Nobody ever said they do not like your religious beliefs, it's your delivery of them that pisses people off. When you preach from up there on that pulpit of yours, you are definitely speaking DOWN to all us sinners. We KNOW that you aren't afraid to boldly proclaim your beliefs here, we have practically read the entire bible with what you have quoted here.

2. It is NOT the majority on this bb who are intolerant of Christians. I am a Christian, and very proud of it. I just don't go screaming it from the rooftops, telling it to everyone who I come into contact with. I know of many other Christains on this board who will say the exact same thing. Don't EVER say that you are a better Christian than me or anyone else.

3. Lastly, you asked for any Christian on the bb to tell their perspective using the bible to back it up? Here is my motto, my creed in my life, and how I live it. "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU". That's from the bible, (sorry, I haven't memorized it chapter and verse). But that's how I live. When I get people throwing stones at my friends for their "new age" beliefs that seem to bother you so much, I throw stones back. Sorry.

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 11:20 PM
You show me where I have threw stones at anyone who has new age beliefs. I said above that I do not like the new age beliefs that are thrown around all the time YET I SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT! But you and a heck of a lot of other people tar and feather me for saying what I believe. I have never said that I was a better Christian than anyother Christian on this board. Show me proof of where I said this. Where is your evidence? You have none because I've never said that. And as for you having to read the whole Bible when you read my posts... well maybe you people as a collective need to stop telling others that believe as I do to show their proof and not pulling things out of their rear. I was merely playing my the boardie rules... back up what you believe. The board merely got what they asked for... proof... yet you still wasn't satisfied.

TeriB19
10-16-2002, 11:24 PM
This is going nowhere. You are right, we asked for proof, we got it. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Amen. Goodnight.

GoodGodGirl23
10-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Well God Bless us everyone.

Uh Teri... wasn't dat Tiny Tim who said dat??:P :razz: :lol: :lol: :jam:

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 11:33 PM
Goodnight GGG lol

souldancer
10-16-2002, 11:35 PM
AMEN Teri and DS! And, thank you UF for bringing us back to why we are really here. Closing with lyrics from one of my favs...

Ode
Hang me, watch awhile
Let me see you smile as I die
Take me, as my body burns
Let me see you yearn, while I cry
One step on your own
And you walk all over me
One head in the clouds
You won't let go
You're too proud
One light to the blind, and they see
One touch on the head, we believe
Adore me as I drift away
Let me hear you say I'm fine
You cry as my body dies
All that you despised is gone away
One step on your own
And you walk all over me
One head in the clouds
You won't let go, you're too proud
One light to the blind, and they see
One touch on the head, we believe

Lady Valkyrie
10-16-2002, 11:39 PM
one touch in the heart and soul of my very being and I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

GoodGodGirl23
10-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Hey, do I get a religious, fun filled party when I get about 70 more posts? Cuz I will have 1000 post then!:) :silly: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: you are all invited!!! If someone throws me one?:confused:

GoodGodGirl23
10-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Come on now... group hug!!!!:angel:

Siana
10-17-2002, 09:25 AM
am i a part of the group?:confused: :angel:

souldancer
10-17-2002, 09:42 AM
:angel * * morning hugs to GGG and Siana! :angel: **

allison
10-17-2002, 11:35 AM
LadyV - just some constructive criticism here - I think you come across to people here as not just stating your beliefs (which is fine in itself), but also preaching your beliefs like you have an agenda to make us all your type of Christian. Sometimes, you just have to say, "I don't agree with you and I think my opinion is right (everyone thinks their opinion is right), but I realize you don't want to be changed, and I am not trying to change people here b/c I know I can't, so at the end of the day we disagree, but so be it." It doesn't need to be your personal mission to change minds here, and it shouldn't be. That does NOT mean that you are backing down from your beliefs. If you expect to change everyone's mind that you talk to, you're going to have an exhausting life. The reason I want you to understand this is b/c I like you, I know that you are a good person, I think you have alot of wisdom to share about all sorts of things, and I don't want to see you arguing with people here all the time b/c of the way you come across. Just think about it maybe?

For instance, I would love to describe to you how those animals you eat (when bought from the grocery store) live their entire lives in filth, crammed together in the dark, and how they are trucked to the slaughter house, strung up by their hind legs, bludgeoned with a hammer and then skinned or boiled, lots of times still conscious. And they get to watch what's happening to the pigs before them so they get the benefit of the extra terror that must feel by knowing that what they are seeing is about to happen to them. These are GOD'S creatures, and do you think He likes what he sees happening to his creatures that feel pain and emotion too? If you saw video tape from inside a slaughter house, and saw the sights and heard the screams and cries of the animals, I GUARANTEE you that you would reconsider eating any meat again (other than what you hunt). 'Cause it's all about producing the most meat in the shortest amount of time, the cheapest way possible with no regard for these sentient creatures whatsoever. So, I could sit here and tell you that you are not really a Christian if you partake in this horrible treatment of God's creatures, but I don't. I am sure you didn't appreciate reading that, and while this example may be extreme, this is how others on this board feel sometimes when reading your posts.

I hope you do not take offense to this post, it was not at all my intent. I am just trying to make you understand in the hopes that you and everyone elks may be able to get along better.

Siana
10-17-2002, 11:39 AM
:angel * * morning hugs to GGG and Siana! &nbsp;:angel: **

:angel:

Lady Valkyrie
10-17-2002, 03:36 PM
Allison no offense but I was helping slaughter cows and pigs at the age of 16 on my husbands grandfather's farms. I have personally placed guns to deers heads after I have shot them and they still are alive and they are looking at me with those deep brown eyes... BOOM! Gut it out and put it ontop of the van and bring it home and cut it up. I even know how to castrate a pig. LOL I hunt rabbits... ever hear a rabbit scream when they are shot full of lead? I've broken the necks of squirrels that I have shot yet they haven't died. LOL nothing will change my mind on the subject of animals. And no you would not surprise me with and videos.

And I have never once said that everyone must come over to my side and must believe as I do. Never, allison... nor have I come across that way. If people feel preached at well... they don't have to read anything I write now do they? No they do not.

GoodGodGirl23
10-17-2002, 04:29 PM
What's sooo funny about castrating a lil piggy Lady V? I grew up on a farm too.:( :embarass: Or were you lol about hunting rabbits? :embarass: just wondering...:confused:

Siana
10-18-2002, 07:21 AM
oh,come on,people!don;t worry,be happy ;) :angel:

allison
10-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Allison no offense but I was helping slaughter cows and pigs at the age of 16 on my husbands grandfather's farms. I have personally placed guns to deers heads after I have shot them and they still are alive and they are looking at me with those deep brown eyes... BOOM! Gut it out and put it ontop of the van and bring it home and cut it up. I even know how to castrate a pig. LOL I hunt rabbits... ever hear a rabbit scream when they are shot full of lead? I've broken the necks of squirrels that I have shot yet they haven't died. LOL nothing will change my mind on the subject of animals. And no you would not surprise me with and videos.

And I have never once said that everyone must come over to my side and must believe as I do. Never, allison... nor have I come across that way. If people feel preached at well... they don't have to read anything I write now do they? No they do not.

Who are you trying to impress??? Here is another perfect example of the harsh way that you come across that makes people not enjoy posting with you. I love how you intersperse "LOL"s in with your killing descriptions. Taunting is just so Christian-like, isn't it? After reading your post, let me say to you what you have said to others on this board countless times, "and you call yourself a Christian..." Now THAT really makes me LOL.

And don't say you'd not be surprised or disturbed by those videos b/c you have no idea what they are like. What you'd see in a slaughterhouse would make your descriptions of killing animals look like the Holy Communion.

Lady Valkyrie
10-21-2002, 11:04 PM
Whatever allison. I LOL because it is you who make me laugh. You explain these videos as if it's supposed to shock me... they don't and I have seen them... I used to date an extreme animal rights activist... he dumped me the moment he found out I hunted. LOL That's why I laugh... because you remind me of him!

Oh and forgive me for actually LOL... I didn't realize christians weren't allowed to laugh! LOL Oh boy how many times did I laugh... EEEEEEK I'm going to hell!

allison you must know me personally to understand me. I am bi-polar... everything is at one extreme or the other. If I'm mad... I become very puffed up, animated, and sarcastic to the extreme. When I am sad I am to the depthes of depression that in my mind dieing is the only way out. You are just going to have to learn that this is just the way I am... I tend to go from one extreme to another in a heartbeat. I also have borderline personality disorder. If you do not know what either of these things are then do the research and you'll see that I am these things.

Sometimes I am a royal bitch when I feel backed into a corner... we all can get that way when cornered... with me I take it to the extreme.

I think this board needs to be informed... sometimes I'm going to be a bitch... I honestly can't help it sometimes. I don't mean to come off this way... I am really a nice, loveable, caring and compassionate person...

But for anyone to say to me because of these issues in my life I am not a Christian... you just need to back up do the research on the mental illnesses that I have and just learn to deal with it...

either that or beg Steve to kick me off.

allison
10-22-2002, 09:16 AM
I guess your psychopathology explains alot - wish I would have known about it before so I could have saved my energy on arguing with you. If you have really seen those videos as you say you have (for the record, I think you are making that up, which borderlines commonly do--> make up lies. Yes, I have done my research - in college - it was my major), and you approve, then that right there is, in fact, without a doubt, NOT CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!! The way it's done - With absolutely no regard for these animals that feel pain and fear, only thinking about how to produce the most meat, in the shortest amount of time, the cheapest way possible? Why do you think slaughterhouses have by far the highest turnover rate of any job in this country? B/c it DISTURBS people right down to the core. Even people who couldn't care less about animals can't handle it. Even the coldest hearted people have a hard time. Do you honestly think God approves of it?? The answer is hell no. I promise you that. That much I know is true.

P.S. You are not succeeding at all, what-so-ever in your quest to convert peoples' beliefs to match your own b/c, besides the fact that it is not a noble goal, you are very offensive, intolerant and condemning. News flash: people do not like that! IT WILL NOT WORK. Please, just spare us all. It is "Christians" like you that give other Christians a bad name.

No need to bother responding, this is the last time I will address you on this board. I'll try to find it within my heart to pray for you. Peace.

allison
10-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Just to make sure everyone understands exactly what I am talking about in my debate with LadyV. I am NOT saying it is wrong to eat animals in and of itself (although I don't want to). I am only saying that the way factory farmed animals live and are killed is extremely inhumane. It is that way b/c it is all about efficiency and the most efficient way to produce mass quantities of meat does not, of course, take into account the animals. I just wanted to clear that up.

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 11:16 AM
Ok allison are you saying I'm not a Christian because I am have borderline personality disorder and bi-polar? Who do you think you are? What qualifications do you have to say that ALL borderline people Lie... and therefore they are not Christians?

Allison... you have officially succeeded in hurting me to the core.

You know nothing of these mental illnesses. You accuse me of lieing. Why? What makes you think I am lieing? Because I say that I have seen these types of videos? Who are you to say that I am lieing? What proof do you have? Oh that's right I'm a person who suffers from borderline personality disorder and bi-polar... therefore I am not a Christian and I always lie about everything.

You my dear are so much worse than I could ever be. You've taken something such as a mental illness that I suffer from and done your best to hurt me? Why? To show me that I am such a Bitch? That I have no heart?

For the record those particular videos that you and I speak of are a rarity. Those videos were made in places that have already been shut down. Those things do not happen all the time... you make it sound like that every piece of meat that you see in a store or restraunt is produced in the way that you have descibed. That is sooooo not true. Those occurances are very few and far between. Such videos are used by EXTREME animal activists, such as my ex-boyfriend, as propoganda TO PROVE THEIR POINT... EVEN THOUGH THOSE OCCURANCES ARE SO VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

Allison... you disappoint me... in one breath you yell at everyone for linching me... yet the very next breath you do the very same thing. You my dear are the hypocrit... not me.

allison
10-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Why did you post here exactly what you just PMed me?

You seriously need to go away, calm down, THEN come back and read what I wrote again b/c you are saying I said all these things that I did not. How you are acting right now is what you meant by bipolar to the extreme - you're the one that said you are this way, so don't accuse me of being "hurtful" to you about your mental illness.

#1 - I am saying you do not act like a Christian b/c of the way you treat people, NOT b/c of your mental problems! Hello?

#2 - I did NOT say that ALL borderlines lie. Go re-read. But it is a fact that borderlines do lie alot more than people w/out borderline personality disorder.

#3 - I am not trying to hurt you, only reacting your trying to hurt me. Go back and read your descriptions of snapping necks and looking deep into those brown eyes that are looking back at you and shooting. YOU ARE THE ONE TRYING TO HURT ME!

#4 - You said to me, "you know nothing of these mental illnesses." Again, another false statement.

#5 - You are once again wrong that these videos are a rarity-this is commonplace (and even if they were rare, why take the chance and possibly buy those animals that could have possibly been treated this way). And it's not just how they are killed, it's how they LIVE. Jesus would NEVER approve!! I think you know that. And that is one of the things that is un-Christian about you. NOT your mental disorders.

#6 - Fine, I really don't need you to pray for me, but once again, here is an example of how hypocritical you are: doesn't God say to pray even for your enemies???? I will pray for you.

PLEASE do not PM me any more.

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 12:17 PM
you want to accuse me of being unchristlike... so be it... you think whatever you want. God is the one who knows my heart and soul... not you. You do not know about Borderline personality disorder... for the American and Eupoean Psychiatric Standards for the criteria for Borderline DOES NOT INCLUDE ONE LIEING MORE THAN NORMAL. You are the fool allison... do the freakin' research for yourself... BOTH THE AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN PSYCHIATRIC Criteria DOES NOT LIST LIEING MORE THAN NORAML AS THE CRITERIA! Again I say do the research Allison... almighty one who is so damn knowledgeable in mental illnesses! And as for me not wanting to pray for you? I ain't going to play that condescending crap of playing and acting like a goody two shoes and say that I am going to so humbly pray for you. I don't want to say that I will when I know that I won't... and I take you saying that you will pray for me as a way of you saying you are better than me and that my poor sinful soul needs deliverance. You my dear are playing right into that false crap that "religious" people throw out. Pray for your enimies... the thing that they leave out is that God wants you to pray with the right attitude and heart. If one's heart is filled with anger as mine is what good is my prayers for you? They will fall to the floor, allison for they are not prayed with the right attitude. Are you going to pray for me with the "religious' attitude that you are better than me... that you are a better Christian than me... that my poor sinful soul need delieverance? That is so arrogant... and I refuse to do that. I may pray for you once I have worked through my anger and get the right attitude... but as for right now... I want to knock you on your ass... unchristlike? yes... do I care right now in my anger/ No. Will I later? yes more than likely.

You need to get a clue... you are acting just as you are accuseing me of acting like a religious, hypocritical freak.

European Criteria For Borderline Personality Disorder (http://www.mentalhealth.com/icd/p22-pe05.html)

American (DSM-IV) Criteria For Borderline Personality Disorder (http://www.mhsanctuary.com/borderline/dsmiv.htm)

allison
10-22-2002, 12:33 PM
I understand that you think I'm a "fool" and would like to "knock me on my ass" (very Christian) so I will pray for you, not b/c I think I am better than you, but b/c I feel sorry for you. You are obviously very troubled. I do not think I am better than you or anyone else, and if I pray for someone, it's in earnest. I no longer feel any anger toward you, only pity and I really hope you can work things out for yourself.

BUT PLEASE STOP PM-ING ME!

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 12:43 PM
European Criteria For Borderline Personality Disorder (http://www.mentalhealth.com/icd/p22-pe05.html) &nbsp;

American &nbsp;(DSM-IV) Criteria For Borderline Personality Disorder (http://www.mhsanctuary.com/borderline/dsmiv.htm)

I am only troubled over ignorant "religious" people like you allison who think they know every damn thing about a mental illness that I have lived with nearly all my life... and you haven't...and I'm sure you are not a liscensed counselor or a Psychiatrist or even personally know or have been intamently close to someone who is Borderline. Your ignorance on the subject is obvious. do the research. and I'm not PM'ing you! I sent you 1 long PM that I had to break up into 3 smaller PM's due to the limit that we all have in the PM's department.... I haven't sent you any since. And the only reason why I PM'ed you is because You said that you wasn't going to respond to this thread again. So don't even try to play this crap of me harrassing you Via PM... because I wasn't... in your words, "I was reacting to your attacks."

allison
10-22-2002, 01:23 PM
How many more names and insults will you throw my way before you stop and realize that you are out of control?

From the Stanford University Borderline Personality website http://www.stanford.edu/~corelli/borderline.html

"The person may manipulate others"---> manipulating includes lying and dishonesty in most cases, does it not? I am by no means an expert (and never said I was) and only hold a bachelor's in psychology but I do remember learning about BPD and it is an emotionally unstable, antisocial disorder and many of its sufferers manipulate people and lie. That's all I was saying.

Stop being so paranoid. I am not accusing you of harassment, I just don't want any more PMs!

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by allison
<b>How many more names and insults will you throw my way before you stop and realize that you are out of control?

From the Stanford University Borderline Personality website http://www.stanford.edu/~corelli/borderline.html

"The person may manipulate others"---> manipulating includes lying and dishonesty in most cases, does it not? &nbsp;</b>

NO IT DOES NOT... ALWAYS INCLUDE LYING...

YOU WERE FUCKING USING MY MENTAL ILLNESS AS A WAY OF SAYING THAT I WAS LYING ABOUT HAVING AN ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST BOYFRIEND AND THAT I SEEN THOSE VIDEOS. YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED THAT BECAUSE I HAVE BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER THAT I WAS LYING... THAT I WAS MANIPULATING, DISHONEST AND LYING... WHY?????????????? BECAUSE I HAVE THIS PARTICULAR DISORDER... SO FROM NOW ON ANYTIME I SAY ANYTHING ARE YOU GOING TO ASSUME THAT I AM LYING BECAUSE I HAVE THE DISORDER??

I think that I am entitled to feel a little paranoid. you are taking my mental illness and using it against me... to try and make it seem that I am lying just so you can prove your point about some stupid animal video...

SOUNDS TO ME YOU ARE THE ONE BEING MANIPULATIVE, ALLISON... YOU ARE THE ONE ATTACKING ME... SAYING THAT I AM A LIAR BECAUSE I HAVE THIS DISORDER... YOU ARE THE ONE BEING MANIPULATIVE.

AGAIN I ASK YOU... WHERE IN THE HELL IS YOUR PROOF THAT I AM LYING?????? HUH????? YOUR ONLY PROOF IS THE ASSUMPTION THAT I AM LYING BECAUSE OF MY DISORDER.... THAT IS SO DAMN MANIPULATIVE...

I BOW TO YOU ALLISON... YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF MANIPULATION!

Lady Valkyrie
10-22-2002, 03:01 PM
NO IT DOES NOT... &nbsp;ALWAYS INCLUDE LYING... &nbsp;

YOU WERE FUCKING USING MY MENTAL ILLNESS AS A WAY OF SAYING THAT I WAS LYING ABOUT HAVING AN ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST BOYFRIEND AND THAT I SEEN THOSE VIDEOS. YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED THAT BECAUSE I HAVE BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER THAT I WAS LYING... THAT I WAS MANIPULATING, DISHONEST AND LYING... WHY?????????????? BECAUSE I HAVE THIS PARTICULAR DISORDER... SO FROM NOW ON ANYTIME I SAY ANYTHING ARE YOU GOING TO ASSUME THAT I AM LYING BECAUSE I HAVE THE DISORDER??

I think that I am entitled to feel a little paranoid. you are taking my mental illness and using it against me... to try and make it seem that I am lying just so you can prove your point about some stupid animal video...

SOUNDS TO ME YOU ARE THE ONE BEING MANIPULATIVE, ALLISON... YOU ARE THE ONE ATTACKING ME... SAYING THAT I AM A LIAR BECAUSE I HAVE THIS DISORDER... YOU ARE THE ONE BEING MANIPULATIVE.

AGAIN I ASK YOU... WHERE IN THE HELL IS YOUR PROOF THAT I AM LYING?????? HUH????? YOUR ONLY PROOF IS THE ASSUMPTION THAT I AM LYING BECAUSE OF MY DISORDER.... THAT IS SO DAMN MANIPULATIVE... &nbsp;

I BOW TO YOU ALLISON... YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF MANIPULATION!

Oh and by the way allison in addition to my previous reply...how do I know that you have a bachelor degree in anything let alone psychology???!!! Huh??? Maybe you are lying... being dishonest... manipulating things to make it seem like you are an "authority" on the issue of Borderline Personality Disorder???

See, there allison... I manipulated just like you have been doing... do you see why I am so freakin' paranoid? You my dear are one of the best damn manipulaters I've seen in a long while...

allison
10-22-2002, 03:36 PM
You are way out of control and very scary.

Mulletman
10-22-2002, 09:35 PM
<b>I am only troubled over ignorant "religious" people like you allison who think they know every damn thing " </b>

funny you are the one saying that....... *looking for cletus*

Read JDM
10-22-2002, 09:45 PM
If I could just break up the tension here for a moment... Allison, I've noticed your avatar, and I think you bare a stunning resemblance to Scott Stapp. Are you two related?