Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
How often do you go to church? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : How often do you go to church?

DangerousDan85
03-19-2003, 09:01 PM
How often do you go to church?

creedfan47a
03-19-2003, 09:25 PM
I voted for more than once a week.

Dogstar
03-19-2003, 09:25 PM
I don't go.

JenRN
03-19-2003, 09:44 PM
I go sometimes, I feel I need to find a church suitable for me though, I have had a VERY religiously confusing childhood! I was raised Catholic, then all the sudden when I was 13 my mother decided to go to a Methodist Church, then when I was 16 she changed to Pentacostal! Talk about a reality change!!! I was a teen and I rebelled like crazy!!! My dad stayed Catholic and my mother continues to go to an Assembly of God church. As a 30 yr old I just did not want to go for the last 10 years, I felt like" Who's interpretation is right?" The Catholics think they are right and so does every other organized religion, so who REALLY is right? I went to a Catholic University for my nursing degree and had to take a lot of Theology courses and it was interesting, we had a lot of debates I learned a lot of " relgion" then. I just can't seem to find the middle ground for me. I consider myself a "spiritual person" though I look to god for many things, some things I don't know if I would of gotten through without FAITH!

hotforscott
03-19-2003, 09:49 PM
I went for awhile, but here in the past few months, I haven't. I haven't found one that is right for me either.

TeriB19
03-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Christmas and Easter.

luvscott4ever
03-19-2003, 10:18 PM
I try to go weekly, but you know how it goes!!

C-Dogg
03-19-2003, 10:37 PM
I put every Sunday, but it's actually probably closer to 3 times a month.

:banana: :banana: :banana: LOOK! The're dancing!

DangerousDan85
03-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
Christmas and Easter.

that's what I use to do, but the past couple of years I've been sick, so I haven't been in like 2 years probably. I went every Sunday when I was a kid.

Kim V.
03-20-2003, 02:14 PM
I was raised Catholic, but never felt like I connected with God, I always felt like there was something missing, a missing piece of a puzzle, if you will... Then almost 5 yrs. ago, I started going to this great church that my best friend had found (she was feeling the same way - something missing; a big void). This church truly worships the Lord and His word, and messages only come from the bible. I know such a peace now that I never knew before; I feel truly connected to God now, and not just when in the church, in my everyday life as well. Being born again was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am not into religion, but am a very spiritual being now. Some denominations get so caught up in the religious mandates and doctrines, it becomes more like an assembly line, a corporation, etc. How are you supposed to allow the presence of God to be felt when you're being rushed in and out in less than an hour, and during that time, it feels like you're being spoken "at", not spoken "to", with no opportunity for a divine exchange with the Lord? I dunno, that's what I always felt in Catholic church, anyway. Just my opinion...... PEACE....

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp

Ivan_Creed
03-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Option #3.

Siana
03-20-2003, 04:10 PM
i go to church whenever i feel i have to and i want to go

JulieCitySlicker
03-20-2003, 09:02 PM
I go on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings;) :angel:

Bridge of Clay
03-20-2003, 10:00 PM
heeeey! I canīt answer you poll!

I go once a week, every Saturday morning. Iīm a Seventh-Day Adventist! :)

Wadrick
03-21-2003, 09:53 PM
i pretty much go every sunday. then we have youth group and bible studies duriong the week that i go to.

i think that that is what we are supposed to do.

BTW way, i knoiw a lot of churches say that they are right, but all of them except the true christian church can be denied.

HigherGirl
03-23-2003, 12:40 AM
I voted for never..
I believe that God doesn't care where you pray..as long
as you pray. I can pray at home which I do every
night instead of doing it at a church...I believe He
hears me no matter where I'm at....

Mr. Prophet Man
03-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Thursdays and Sundays

souldancer
03-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Wadrick
BTW way, i knoiw a lot of churches say that they are right, but all of them except the true christian church can be denied. I am a little unclear about this statement. I would like to ask what you mean by 'be denied'. thanks

Xterminator27
03-27-2003, 07:40 PM
I usulayy go every sunday, but some weeks ill miss it. but mostly every sunday

Unforgiven Fan
04-05-2003, 12:44 PM
first, church orginally ment a body of people that worshiped God not a building or organization. We have misled to believe that we have to go to a "church" to have a connect with God but that is not true, you can worship him by yourself in your own home and not belong to any organized religions. That is why going to church is pointless.

Bridge of Clay
04-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes, but no. God wants His sons to live in a community. Organized religion is not perfect, theyīre made by humans, but itīs something God projected and itīs important for us, to worship in groups and give and receive support.

Lady Valkyrie
04-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Early in my spiritual walk with The Divine I thought that it was a "sin" not to go to church. As my hypocritical grandma told me "The Bible states do not forsake the assembing of yourselves." I was a slave to this thinking. If I was sick and couldn't go I had people tell me, "What better place to be when sick... in the house of God!" When I didn't go I felt so very guilty.

Later in my spiritual walk I come to learn the truth. Going to church doen't make you no more of a "christian" than bathing in a muddle puddle is going to get you clean. I learned that going to church is merely to fellowship with other believers and worship the Divine together in one accord. But even this can be done in a home. It doesn't have to be done in a "church building".

I have chosen to stay away from churches for a while. Certain situations in my life right now, even though are pure, on the surface may look to the conservative christian as sinful. And today Christians are more likely to ridicule, tar and feather and burn at the stake people like me before they actually got the full truth of the situation. Therefore I choose to save myself and my children the hassle of being haggled by a church.

Someday soon I'll go back to fellowshipping with other believers within a church building, but for now I do my worshipping at home with my family.

Marty
04-29-2003, 09:46 AM
Because of work and stuff I can't go every week, but I would if I could.
________
Bongs (http://glassbongs.org/)

The Lithium
04-29-2003, 11:54 AM
I do believe in God! VERY mush, but I NEVER go to church! I believe in Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips! That's my Gods!:D:D And it will ALWAYS be!!

Creed Out!

Wylde-Tremonti
05-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by extreme_LITHIUM
I do believe in God! VERY mush, but I NEVER go to church! I believe in Scott Stapp, Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips! That's my Gods!:D:D And it will ALWAYS be!!

Creed Out!
...that's very sad to me...that these mere humans (talented...but mere humans) are your "gods".... what would ever happen if they broke up?...who would your "god" be then?...i sincerely hope that that was a joke and you arent serious.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I go to church every Sunday...tho that doesn't mean that im more spiritual than those who dont... it does reaffirm my faith w/ communion and just being around others praisin God for all his glory.... i also go to a small group bible study meant for teens... it's set up by our church...but the leaders of the groups (there are a few of them) are volunteers....we meet w/ them every few weeks...and it's great just to have a lil fun and also learn about God at the same time!...our church ,along with several other ones, have also started a youth church service ran by teens... and i think im gonna start goin to that also...and maybe join the band...it's supposed to be really kool cuz it has a different style music and they have a lot of video presentations and stuff!...lol...so in conclusion i picked the EVERY SUNDAY one but prolly shoulda done the MORE THAN OUNCE A WEEK...

GibsonXXI
05-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Hardly ever. Funerals are about the only time my family ever attends church.

I believe in a higher being, whom some call god, but as for being deeply spiritual, no not really. I guess when I'm talking to myself, I'm really talking to 'god', but I don't feel the need or desire to go to a church to do so.

Dan.