Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
My poor cat! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : My poor cat!

JulieCitySlicker
03-18-2003, 07:05 PM
We brought him home from the vet today cuz he went in to be declawed and neutered. Well his paws are all bandaged up and he can't walk cuz he isn't completely over the anistesia. He keeps trying to stand up but he can't :( I have him in the bathroom cuz they said to keep him in a closed room so he can't jump up on anything and hurt himself. He is in a lot of pain...he keep moaning:crying: :(

JenRN
03-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Poor kitty!:( Make sure you put shredded newspaper in the litter box, they can't get litter in their paws for awile! It is traumatic for cats to be declawed, I had my older cat declawed when he was little, he destroyed a lot in my house. If I had to do it over again I would not do it, they say it is like amputating their knuckles:( :( But I am glad you did that instead of having him put to sleep or thrown out in the cold! Make him a nice cozy bed with blankets and pet him a lot, I am sure he is upset!

SCOTTSMYMAN
03-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your kitty. I love my kitties (have 3) so I know what you must be feeling right now. He'll be ok in a couple of days;)

marlsy
03-18-2003, 07:46 PM
aawwww poor kitty!!! We had our cat we had yrs ago declawed and it was very tramatic for him. It does take them awhile to recover, but don't worry, he will!!!!:(

JulieCitySlicker
03-18-2003, 07:52 PM
The vet gave us this special kitty litter. It looks like oversized rabbit pellets:P He said that the kitty will be better by tomorrow:dancing: Just gotta keep him in a closed room till he gets over the anistesia. That way he can't climb up on anything and get hurt:(

Dogstar
03-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Awwww, I hope your kitty gets better soon :).

Sheila63
03-18-2003, 09:08 PM
I hope your cat's feeling better soon, Julie. I know what you're going through because I have a cat myself and I hate when anything's wrong with her.:(

JulieCitySlicker
03-18-2003, 09:56 PM
He is asleep on a pillow now:P He looks so cute:)

Dogstar
03-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Julie, how is you kitty? Has he recovered? I hope so :).

GoodGodGirl23
03-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Awww, poor lil puddy tat!! I love puddy tats!;) :bounce: :bounce:

JulieCitySlicker
03-21-2003, 11:46 AM
The citty is doing much much better now:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: He's eating and everything now...he is a lot calmer and nicer and HE DOESN'T CLAW NUFFIN:P :angel:

Dogstar
03-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Oh, that's great, Julie. I'm so glad you didn't have to get of him :).

Sheila63
03-21-2003, 12:38 PM
That's great news, Julie. Glad to hear he's feeling better too.

whitebird
03-21-2003, 01:55 PM
Hi Julie

I'm glad to read that your kitty is doing better. It sounds like you really care alot about him. Love for animals is a wonderful thing.

JulieCitySlicker
03-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Ya. He's kinda growin on me now:P He was a stinker before but now I could never think about giving him away;) :dancing: :dancing:

Sheila63
03-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Awww, that's so sweet, Julie. I'm so happy everything worked out for you.

whitebird
03-23-2003, 07:18 PM
I'm in the process of rescuing a cat now. I have fed this poor little stray all Winter, but it is shy and won't come to me. I belong to a group that will spay or neuter it, and give it it's shots for free. That is what we raise funds for, and for people that can't afford medical care for their pets. I'm afraid that I will have to live trap this one to save it. I was going to bring this little cat into my house, to get it used to people, but my asthma is acting up very badly right now, and cats are very bad for my breathing. I'll have to find another home for it.

It seems to be a Maine Coon Cat. It's quite pretty.

The last time I live trapped a cat and brought it in to save, I was blessed with 4 kittens several weeks later.

Any good suggestions out there from the cat lovers?

JenRN
03-23-2003, 07:25 PM
Whitebird... do you feed it? Maybe make a little bed for it with food and water on your porch or something. I also have a stray that comes to my house, she is so friendly now, she actually climbs on my lap and purrs:) Maybe get a cat toy and start to play with it or something?:dunno:

GoodGodGirl23
03-24-2003, 12:13 AM
I love kitty cats, and doggies! :)

whitebird
03-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Hi JenRN

No it doesn't come to my house. I see it down the street at another house. The man that lives at this house was out of town for the Winter, and he didn't know that I was feeding it there. He arrived back in town just a couple days ago, and I went over to speak to him, and tell him that I had been doing this. The cat isn't his, I knew that.

What a nice man he is. He assured me that he didn't mind if I countinued to take of it at his house, but that I would have to fugure out what to do with it in the next month and a half, as he is going to sell the house. It seems shy to me, I don't think it is wild, just unused to being arround people. Hopefully I can figure out something in the time that I have.

Thanks for your sugestions, I'm willing to try.

JenRN
03-25-2003, 02:45 PM
The way I have animals come to me that are strays etc. are I just sit there and hold out my hand and let them come to me on THEIR terms. You need to develop trust with the kitty!;) I think it is sweet of you to be so willing to take care of it:angel: There are not enough people like you out there willing to take in animals, and care for them!

whitebird
03-25-2003, 03:51 PM
JenRN

It sounds like you have a very special way with animals. Thank you very much. I will let you know what happens in the next couple of weeks.

JulieLoves Creed

How is your kitty doing now? Please let us know.