Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 03:39 PM
just purchased tickets for the concert! man its going to ROCK TORONTO this summer!

MUDVAYNE
DEFTONES
LINKIN PARK
LIMP BIZKIT

M E T A L L I C A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

anyone else going?

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Good for you!!!
I want to go, but they are in town on a day I am working and I can't get the day off. I"m not crazy about Linkin Park and I can't stand Limp Bizkit, but I have never seen Metallica and would like to.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 03:51 PM
yeah i am just going for METALLICA and Deftones

i can't stand the others either..they are boy bands!

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 03:53 PM
LMAO! Yeah, the Deftones are pretty good. I haven't heard much of Mudvayne, so I can't say whether I like them. I guess when LP or LB come on, it will be a good time to go to the ladies room ;).

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 03:57 PM
actually i just downloaded a few mudvayne songs, they are not as bad but i don't think i can stand them for a whole 45 mins!

well its good to hang around here in Toronto for the summer, there are alot of good bands coming this year.

Lollapalooza tour 2003

Audioslave
Incubus
Jane's addiction
Queens of the stone age

i've been dying to see Audioslave in concert

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:03 PM
I just saw Audioslave last Friday night and they were AWESOME. I wrote a long review on this thread somewhere. I soooo can't wait for Lollapalooza. That's a cool lineup. I just wish they would add Jerry Cantrell...He's my other passion besides Creed, LOL...

I did hear a Mudvayne song on the radio on the way home from work last night and it was OK. A little too much screaming for me. Well-placed screaming is good, but not for the whole song, LOL.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 04:10 PM
dogstar! you just took these TWO WORDS out of my mouth! JERRY CANTRELL!!!!

yeah i've been an AIC fan for a whillllllllleee now

i saw him when he opened for Creed, that guy is soo chilled out
i enjoyed it!!

but alot of people didn't, i guess its because his music doesn't really suit the Creed crowd. everyone seemed to enjoy 12 stones and i couldn't stand them

did you check out vol 2 of Degradation Trip ? is it better then the first one?

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:19 PM
I thought you were one of the other Jerry fans here, lol, you and shunammite, my AIC buds!!!!!! Jerry RULES!!!! Yes, I saw him open for Creed, too, and I caught two shows on his headlining tour --- two in one week. I was jazzed for sure! I was on the rail for both shows and it was just incredible.

You MUST MUST MUST get the double DT 1&2...It's such a different vibe from the *reader's digest* version that came out in June. The songs are unreal. I listen to it almost every day!!! I don't understand why Roadrunner Records hasn't done more to promote this album. It's genius, IMHO. :D.

I actually did like 12 Stones, but Jer/AIC and Creed own my a**!

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 04:26 PM
yeah i know what you mean! i can't find the second volume here anywhere in toronto! but you can alway find tones of bare naked ladies cds and dvds everywhere!:kill:

i really like the first volume though..solitude and hellbound are my fav!

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:32 PM
It was supposedly a *limited edition*, but the second wave of CDs has started showing up in stores again. I got it the day it came out and the record store had only TWO copies. I bought the other one for my one other friend who likes Jerry. Got it for Christmas for him. Can you maybe order it from Amazon.com or CDNow? I'm pretty sure it's available through them if you can't find it in the stores. It is SO worth it. Hellbound is awesome as is Solitude. Hellbound live was out of this world. He was all over the stage for that one when I saw him on the headlining tour. Totally insance :D!

LOL @ barenakedladies CDs...

If you can't find the double CD right away, I highly recommend downloading Siddhartha, 31/32 (a lot like Solitude and Gone), Pig Charmer, Hurts Don't It (beautiful instrumental) and Pro False Idol...That'll give you a taste of what your missing!

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 04:35 PM
okay let me see if i can find these on kaZaa

yeah i will order it from amazon.com

anger rising is pretty good too, i like the way it starts

daim i love him

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Same here! I love all his harmonies. Hauntingly beautiful, aren't they! Angel Eyes is a pretty song, too...Do you have the Boggy Depot CD? I love that one, too. I would buy anything the guy puts out. He was always my fave in AIC! I'm partial to axemen :D.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 04:42 PM
yes i like all the songs from vol 1

yes i do have boggy depot, it was like listening to another AIC album!! :)

you know what i loved about AIC was that they were just simple guys, they didn't paint their faces, they didn't bite off heads of bats..they didn't paint their nails..just very simple guys with so much dark music! i loved that about them!

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Yes! As Jerry once said, they had a way of taking ugly situations and turning them into something beautiful. They just liked to make good music.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 04:50 PM
have you seen this before Dogstar

http://www.scotthescht.net/layne.html

:crying: :crying: :crying:

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 04:50 PM
make sure to turn up the volume

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Yes, and it makes me so sad!!!:crying: :crying:

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 09:50 PM
dogstar have you seen the AIC cover of Aint it like that by nickelback feat Jerry cantrell?

it sounds almost exactly like the original one

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:10 PM
No, I have not. Is there a video of it somewhere?

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:12 PM
i bought the nickelback dvd (live at home)
jerry is brought on stage to perform that song

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:19 PM
Wow, I can't imagine it sounding like the original. One of my fave songs, I might add. He played it during his solo tour, too...Love the guitar in that one...Nickelback is Ok, not a huge fan, but I might pick up that DVD just for that. Comes With The Fall, the band that toured with Jerry, is putting out a live DVD and I sure hope Jerry is featured in it. They have a cool sound. Have you heard them? They have a really cool web site, very easy to use:
comeswiththefall.com. You can even download their debut album there. It's seven songs and some of the mp3 files have some weird noises and a couple of hesitations, but overall, it's good quality.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:24 PM
okay i am checking out the band right now

is jerry planning to take out a DVD soon?

i think NICKELBACK ARE GREAT!

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:26 PM
No Jerry DVD that I know of, just Comes With The Fall. I wish, though...I like some Nickelback songs, like Leader of Men, but they are played so much on the radio that I think I'm just sick of them, LOL...I'm really tired of hearing Never Again. They must play that 10 times a day where I live.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:27 PM
yeah i know they are overplayed

i am sick of 'how you remind me'

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Same here. I loved that song when it came out, but now I just about change the station when I hear it, LOL...I still like that song, though :D...Jerry had very kind things to say about Nickelback in an interview a couple of months back. He said they were cool guys and that they were really nice to him and fun to hang out with.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:30 PM
yeah i know, and i heard the creed idiots didn't even come and say hi to the guy

i just thought the was RUDE!

i mean i love the Creed guys but they need to come down to earth now

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by m3lissa
yeah i know, and i heard the creed idiots didn't even come and say hi to the guy

i just thought the was RUDE!

i mean i love the Creed guys but they need to come down to earth now

Yeah, he was not happy with Creed unfortunately. Do you post at all on jerrycantrell.com message board? There's a lot of negativity and crap, but if you weed through all that stuff there are some very nice people there. I admit it can get a little hostile and there are lots of trolls, but there is a decent group over there.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:37 PM
yeah i have been to the board a few times but no i haven't posted or been a member yet actually

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm over there as Dogstar, too...I take a lot of crap for liking Creed on that board, but I don't care. I like what I like :D. It's fun, though. I need that Jerry outlet, LOL.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:40 PM
okay i will start posting there too

i get the feeling we will be the only ones talking in threads!

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 10:46 PM
LOL, m3lissa.

m3lissa
03-15-2003, 10:47 PM
dogstar are you on yahoo or msn by any chance?

Dogstar
03-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Do you mean MSN instant messenger? If so, yes, and I'll pm you with my sn...

m3lissa
03-16-2003, 02:33 AM
yup i mean't MSN messenger

let me know your hotmail address

Dogstar
03-16-2003, 04:35 AM
I pm'd you with it, m3lissa.

m3lissa
03-16-2003, 02:07 PM
added you, i think! just new at MSN :embarass:

hUmAnClAy
03-24-2003, 02:01 PM
I Will go to this tour in Los Angeles Cal.
on Sat, 08/09/03

Mike
Rock On...:jam: