Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
band got to big [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : band got to big

shane
10-13-2002, 08:18 PM
the hand on the dont stop dancing, it seems like scott stapp has an ego anyone else get that impression? He never had one before?:mad: :bounce:

Rolo1446
10-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Um...hm. What ya talkin' bout?

Are you referring to somethin in the DSD video?

...do explain?

faceless kiwi
10-13-2002, 08:40 PM
What are you talking about?
Do u mean the cd cover of DSD??

Read JDM
10-13-2002, 09:28 PM
I disagree. There's an overwhelming chance that Scott Stapp had positively nothing to do with designing that cover whatsoever, and even if he had, really, what's to be taken from it? That kids are hiding from the camera a la Sean Penn? I don't see the connection, sorry. I just look at it as an ironic quasi-mature way of representing the innocence of youth. Nothing more.

faceless kiwi
10-13-2002, 10:20 PM
I dont see how you could link that to scott being an egomaniac.

hayley
10-13-2002, 11:14 PM
neither can i:confused:

CollectiveSoul
10-14-2002, 05:21 PM
you all know Scott has a littel ego in him. Belive me look at him My Own Prison Look at him Weathered. difference? jsut look

Bridge of Clay
10-14-2002, 05:24 PM
cīmon... thereīs only one pic on mop...
how can you judge that?

the boy on the cover : is he Jagger?

CollectiveSoul
10-14-2002, 05:39 PM
no not pics jsut liek him himself. its hard to explain he was so rugged back then with his rock loo kad nnow hes clean smiled slicked back aried fancy clothed guy. i thin kit gets to you when yoru rich

CreedKevin397
10-14-2002, 06:41 PM
I dont really get what he's saying about being an egomaniac....his clothes don't really say much about his personality. I know what you mean about how he used to look rugged and now he is a "fancy clothed guy". But, he probably just wanted an image change to go along with the slight change in the music. His rugged look kind of reflected the music of My Own Prison, while his new look with leather pants and silk shirts reflect the "newer" sound of songs like My Sacrifice, Stand Here With Me, and Hide. Kind of more commercial. But I really don't think he's an egomaniac or self centered at all. I've never sat down and talked to Scott Stapp so I don't know, but I think hes one of my the most caring people in the music industry. He shows a passion for what he does and seems to care about what the fans want. Thats just my 2 cents, but I don't think his new look or anything like that makes him an egomaniac.

Lady Valkyrie
10-14-2002, 08:55 PM
So it seems that some people wants us to believe that for a band to remain NON-egotistical they must wear ragged out nasty clothes and "appear" poor and dejected looking. GET OFF OF IT DEARIES! Stop looking on the outside and look on the inside. Geeez... some people are so silly! :rolleyes:

Read JDM
10-14-2002, 09:17 PM
I don't doubt that Scott Stapp's got some measure of an ego. He has to have one, otherwise he'd never make it in his profession. But I still don't see why that has anything at all to do with the cover of the DSD single. I think you're seeing what you want to see, not what's really there (and what's really there is just a picture of kids with their hands up, plain and simple, nothing more).

TeriB19
10-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Absolutely, it's just kids. I think shane is reading into this what shane wants to see.

faceless kiwi
10-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Yep

Dogstar
10-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Shane...a basher in sheep's clothing?? hmmmm.
I agree that anyone in the music industy has to have some measure of ego to make it. But Lady V is right--look at the inside, not the outside. I also don't see any connection between the cover and Scott's ego.

souldancer
10-15-2002, 12:55 PM
From someone that grew up on a farm, I think maybe Shane is a lamb, so, in the spirit of DSD I will bite my mutton and leave lightly.

Dogstar
10-15-2002, 01:06 PM
LOL, SD:D

souldancer
10-15-2002, 01:39 PM
* * Bahhh Baaahhh , cough cough, chews cud, Baaahh, * *

TeriB19
10-15-2002, 10:05 PM
LMAO!!!:roll:

SweetXtreme4
10-15-2002, 10:08 PM
Everyone has there own opinions I guess.....just let it go!

Dogstar
10-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Let what go??? We were just having a little fun mixed in with a discussion. Yes, everybody has opinions, and yes, we were sharing them. I think that's what this board is about, yes?

souldancer
10-17-2002, 11:53 PM
Mutton to worry about DS, I will just go chew some cud.,....

I miss the connection with ego and the DSD cover? And, personally I think Scott is about passion and fervor that some people chose to cast as 'egomania'. Sings and speaks his mind and truths, positive and humble.

Give me a man with a firey soul, integrity, and a calling! FERVOR all the way!! :dancing:

Dogstar
10-18-2002, 12:20 AM
LOL, SD on the mutton...hehehe

Yes, I think all the crap he takes about his supposed Jesus posing and egomania is a bit much. Maybe he just really gets into what he's doing and that's how he manifests it. I, for one, enjoy the show.

TeriB19
10-18-2002, 11:43 AM
Yeah, all that crap about his "Jesus Posing" is just
baaaad.:D I defy you to find one rock star in history without some sort of an ego, big or small. It's just that because Creed got so big after just 2 CD's the bashers have to make up for lost time and create nothing out of something.

Pittock
10-18-2002, 06:10 PM
I love Scott and Creed. When I was in Fargo and talked to the Creed staff member with an all access pass, he said "It all depended on Scott's mood". on whether they would sign autographs or chat with the fans outback of the arena. They didn't, but it was a great show and well worth the trip for me anyway. Ego? Doubt it. Tired? Absolutely.

Dogstar
10-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Exactly. It's the guy's job. I'm sure he wants to chill after working just as the rest of us do.

TeriB19
10-18-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Exactly. It's the guy's job. I'm sure he wants to chill after working just as the rest of us do. I ask any adult here who has a job or any student for that matter who spends their entire day hard at work on either your job or your schoolwork. Once you are finished for the day, do you just want to go home and relax, chill out? Or do you want to hang out everyday afterwards if you don't really have to. It's a nice thing for the band to do, but for the output they do, they deserve a break.

stealmyfreedom
10-19-2002, 09:09 PM
It is my understanding that the DSD cover was designed by 3 mountain (Marks bro's graphic firm).

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 09:11 PM
Next somebody will come out and say "well, maybe it was Mark's idea for the kid with his hand up, maybe Mark has a big ego." People love to throw that word around in connection with the band.

Dogstar
10-19-2002, 09:12 PM
It's annoying, isn't it? Anyone who makes it big is such a target.

stealmyfreedom
10-19-2002, 09:29 PM
I am still trying to understand the connection that was being proliferated between the DSD cover and scotts ever present ego.

No matter what he does, he gets slammed. the price you pay when you are the baddest band in the world! Rock on!

luvscott4ever
10-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by stealmyfreedom
I am still trying to understand the connection that was being proliferated between the DSD cover and scotts ever present ego.  

No matter what he does, he gets slammed. the price you pay when you are the baddest band in the world! Rock on!

AMEN!!! Nice to see someone else can see them for the Great band that they ARE!!! I take real offense to Scott/Creed bashing!! It SUCKS!! And YES....They most definately ROCK!!

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 09:38 PM
By the way, welcome to the bb, Stealmyfreedom. Any friend of Creed's is a friend of ours!

stealmyfreedom
10-19-2002, 09:41 PM
LOL!!...on behalf of Creed and myself, we thank you for your support!

TeriB19
10-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Abso-frickin-lutely!:D Stick around awhile, I'll bet you enjoy it here.

souldancer
10-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
AMEN!!!  Nice to see someone else can see them for the Great band that they ARE!!!  I take real offense to Scott/Creed bashing!!  It SUCKS!!  And YES....They most definately ROCK!!

ROCK BIG TIME! Let's keep this positive Creed momentum going - I am also so very #*(&*^& sick and disgusted with the bashing and inhuman expectations of these great guys and band!! All they have contributed over the years, and some bad luck, illness and cancellations, and media shit by jerks and some people are just looking to bite like a bull dog. LOVE CREED! THANK YOU CREED! ROCK ON FELLOW FANS!:dancing:

TeriB19
10-20-2002, 08:36 AM
SD, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you REALLY feel!;)

souldancer
10-21-2002, 12:45 AM
Happy right now! :)