Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Radio edits suck!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Radio edits suck!!!

Mr. Prophet Man
03-09-2003, 01:57 PM
I hate listening to the songs from "weathered" on the radio. One station does this :

- In Sacrifice, the intro riff sounds ok, then when the heavy riffs start, you can barely hear the song, then the outro (till it fades) is like the loudest part of the song.

For OLB, it's the same way , but they got rid of the closing verses (when Stapp repeats the 1st line at the end)

It's better for me to listen to the actual CD because the edits are horrible.

luvscott4ever
03-09-2003, 02:03 PM
I know what you mean..One day a while ago, I was listening to the radio and they played MOP, and they played the edited version AGAIN!! So, I called the station and asked why they cut out part of the verse, she told me it was the copy they got from the record company, man, that really pissed me off!! You go along singing the way you know it and they give some other version of the song, which in my opinion...SUCKS!! ;)

Mr. Prophet Man
03-09-2003, 02:12 PM
i dont hear MOP stuff on the radio. You're lucky

HigherGirl
03-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Yeah!!! i know what you mean!!
Ever hear Higher on the radio?
They totally chop it up....:( :mad:

Marty
03-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Weathered is actually a cool song...but only on the cd. It sounds like they've added or removed something, I'm not sure. Just doesn't sound right.

I hate how My Sacrifice sounds on the radio. The one song you NEVER EVER hear on the radio is WAWO. Ever. Even when it came out I never heard it, only saw the video.
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

DangerousDan85
03-09-2003, 06:29 PM
i heard it quite a few times

hotforscott
03-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Prophet Man
i dont hear MOP stuff on the radio. You're lucky

We have a new radio station that ROCKS and everyday I hear "What if", I think the DJ really likes it. I am always stoked to hear anything older by Creed. :D

Kim V.
03-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Dudeguydude
Weathered is actually a cool song...but only on the cd. It sounds like they've added or removed something, I'm not sure. Just doesn't sound right.

I hate how My Sacrifice sounds on the radio. The one song you NEVER EVER hear on the radio is WAWO. Ever. Even when it came out I never heard it, only saw the video.

I've probably heard WAWO and Higher more on radio than any of the others; I don't think I've ever heard What If on radio; the one Philly station WMMR plays MOP and One pretty often. From Weathered, I've heard Weathered some, My Sacrifice alot, OLB alot; think that's about it.:cool:

PaulMcCoygirl
03-10-2003, 01:37 AM
In Higher they cut out Mark's guitar part in the middle of the song. I really wish they would play the entire song instead of radio edit versions:mad:

Dogstar
03-10-2003, 01:47 AM
It's as if every friggin song can't exceed 3:24, for crying out loud. Friggin marketing and consumer studies ruined radio, not to mention all the advertising. I was in the car one day and I timed all the commercials on this one station after it had played maybe three songs. There were 8 1/2 minutes of straight commercials. I'm disgusted with commercial radio. I can't wait to get a CD player for my car so I can listen to my tunes without the intrusion of constant demands for my coin and endless station promos of whatever *event* it is sponsoring...Ohhhhh, I miss the old FM days of album cuts. We had a station in Connecticut when I was a teenager that would play entire album sides uninterrupted once a week. It was awesome!

PaulMcCoygirl
03-10-2003, 02:00 AM
Yeah those were the good old days........:(

s.floridagirl
03-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I DON'T ever listen to the radio anymore. It's either a Creed CD OR Barney! What a switch!! NEEDLESS TO SAY, i LOVE WHEN MY KIDS AREN'T IN THE CAR!

TeriB19
03-10-2003, 02:37 PM
For us it's either Spongebob or Creed. Those are your options, kids, pick one!!:D

Kim V.
03-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
For us it's either Spongebob or Creed. Those are your options, kids, pick one!!:D

ROFL!! Spongebob isn't an option in my van; can't stand that, that, whatever he is! (I know he's a sponge, to me he looks like a chunk of Swiss cheese!) Don't have a CD player in the vehicle, so I "station surf" for Creed or anything else that's remotely good (which is really hard to find!) :rolleyes:

s.floridagirl
03-10-2003, 03:15 PM
I am slowly breaking the kids into Creed. Let the brain washing begin!!:P

Sheila63
03-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
It's as if every friggin song can't exceed 3:24, for crying out loud. Friggin marketing and consumer studies ruined radio, not to mention all the advertising. I was in the car one day and I timed all the commercials on this one station after it had played maybe three songs. There were 8 1/2 minutes of straight commercials. I'm disgusted with commercial radio. I can't wait to get a CD player for my car so I can listen to my tunes without the intrusion of constant demands for my coin and endless station promos of whatever *event* it is sponsoring...Ohhhhh, I miss the old FM days of album cuts. We had a station in Connecticut when I was a teenager that would play entire album sides uninterrupted once a week. It was awesome!

I know what you mean, Dogstar. I get so sick of the commercials on the radio!:mad: I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore. Most of the time I have my portable CD player with me in the car and listen to my own music. I remember when the station here in CT played a whole album side but unfortunately I think it's a thing of the past.:(

Glad to hear you're playing Creed for your kids, s.floridagirl. I think that's great.:) :crest: :crest:

Xterminator27
03-12-2003, 01:11 AM
Weathered radio edit is missen a verse or 2. Same wit the WTLF and teh My sac edit has no into, and soudns funny. Its cuz creed sonsg r so much longer than normal songs and the yhavta shorten em up 4 some reason.

Dogstar
03-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Yes, because the morons who run radio apparently think we all have the attention span of a flea...:mad:

creedfan47a
03-21-2003, 12:56 AM
On the weekends, one of our stations plays "10 in a row". They play 10 songs in a row with no commercials in between (but a bit of quick talking), which is good, but then they play about 10-15 commercials all in a row to make up for it!! :mad:

And speaking of radio edits being chopped up, I get so irritated by the fact that whenever Lightning Crashes by Live is played, they skip the entire first verse. Do they do that in America?? I can't STAND it!! :mad: It's such a beautiful song and they just chop it to pieces!! :madder:

hide_tremonti
03-21-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Dudeguydude
I hate how My Sacrifice sounds on the radio.
Agreed. It sounds like a whole heap of noise on the radio.