Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Newbie Christian [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Christian

Northerner
03-08-2003, 02:59 PM
HI all!

Im new here but really impressed with the whole site, especially this forum. Here are some thoughts to get a thread started:

Some deep stuff I suppose!......

Satan's greatest trick is making people believe he doesn't exist.....
(nicked from a film!)

We should aim to please God, not to appease him: Is it wrong to want to be a christian so you can "get into heaven"?? If so, will you actually go to hell as it will have been a self centered, waste of a life??

Catholicism: The Great Prostitute?? Is the Catholic faith a skewed and utterly wrong take on the bible and christianity. In my opinion yes.

(Not trying to be controversial, just saying what I think!)

Any thoughts??

Lechium
03-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had,
as He has kept it in business all these years! (9th satanistic statement)
;)

P.S. No I'm not satanist. And yes I do think Catholiscism is messed up big time... I mean they had came up with whole Purgatory notion, which is never mentioned in the Bible and stuff.

Northerner
03-09-2003, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lechium
[B]Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had,
as He has kept it in business all these years! (9th satanistic statement)
;)

Huh? Can you explain this?

Also, Marilyn Manson, Really??
He's such a sad, sad man. He reminds me of those fools on the roof of the building in "Independance Day". He'll be punished like everyone else and reciece no special treatment for his "work" in Hell.

Lechium
03-09-2003, 03:48 PM
I dont have to explain it -- this is a Satanic statement, so ask a Satanist.

Also Manson is a nice guy... what kind of evil deeds has he done? Wearing make up? Singing about how depressing and sad this world is? Name me a single evil thing he has done.

Dogstar
03-09-2003, 04:28 PM
Hi, Northerner, and welcome to the bb...It's a fun place!

JulieCitySlicker
03-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Northerner
<b>HI all!

Im new here but really impressed with the whole site, especially this forum. Here are some thoughts to get a thread started:

Some deep stuff I suppose!......

Satan's greatest trick is making people believe he doesn't exist.....
(nicked from a film!)

We should aim to please God, not to appease him: Is it wrong to want to be a christian so you can "get into heaven"?? If so, will you actually go to hell as it will have been a self centered, waste of a life??

Catholicism: The Great Prostitute?? Is the Catholic faith a skewed and utterly wrong take on the bible and christianity. In my opinion yes.

(Not trying to be controversial, just saying what I think!)

Any thoughts?? </b> Hello! Welcome:P :angel: By the way don't let Lech get to ya;) He has no clue:P :rolleyes:

Northerner
03-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi guys!!:) Nice to be here!

Gee lets see.... Inspiring people to kill in the name of satan, ridiculing and discouraging Christians, being prejudiced and evil......... :mad:..... That god awful cover of tainted love... ;)

Psalm 13.

DangerousDan85
03-10-2003, 01:53 PM
welcome Northerner I'm Dan :D

TeriB19
03-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Hi guys!!:) &nbsp;Nice to be here! &nbsp;

Gee lets see.... Inspiring people to kill in the name of satan, ridiculing and discouraging Christians, being prejudiced and evil......... :mad:..... That god awful cover of tainted love... ;) &nbsp;

Psalm 13. LMAO! Welcome Northerner. Hope you enjoy it here!!

Lechium
03-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi guys!!:) &nbsp;Nice to be here! &nbsp;

Gee lets see.... Inspiring people to kill in the name of satan, ridiculing and discouraging Christians, being prejudiced and evil......... :mad:..... That god awful cover of tainted love... ;) &nbsp;

Psalm 13.

When did he inspire people to kill in the name of Statan? Please show me where cuz I am clueless... a quote from a song will do.

JulieCitySlicker
03-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Lechium

Also Manson is a nice guy... what kind of evil deeds has he done? Wearing make up? Singing about how depressing and sad this world is? Name me a single evil thing he has done. Hey Lech,
If you like Manson so much then why aren't you at his message board:confused: Oh wait! I kno;) He's to busy biting the heads off chickens or whatever the freak does or something alnog that line. I mean you don't even like Creed so why are you here:confused: Leave us Creed fans alone and go find a Manson board.:devil:

Lechium
03-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Hey Lech,
If you like Manson so much then why aren't you at his message board:confused: &nbsp;Oh wait! I kno;) &nbsp;He's to busy biting the heads off chickens or whatever the freak does or something alnog that line. I mean you don't even like Creed so why are you here:confused: &nbsp;Leave us Creed fans alone and go find a Manson board.:devil:

I dont like him that much. Thats' always someone else who bring him up, I never start talking about him 1st, asie for one thread waaay back.

JulieCitySlicker
03-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Hmmm:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JenRN
03-10-2003, 03:58 PM
I dont like him that much. Thats' always someone else who bring him up, I never start talking about him 1st, asie for one thread waaay back.
What do you like?

DangerousDan85
03-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Magic: The Gathering

JulieCitySlicker
03-10-2003, 04:19 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lechium
03-10-2003, 07:21 PM
I like...

Girls, hanging out with my friends, intellegent conversations, parting (occasianlly), mental challenge (Magic, chess, constructive arguments with no flaming), helping people, doing crazy stuff (harmless thou).

What about you?

jango
03-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I like...

intellegent &nbsp;
parting &nbsp;
(occasianlly)
thou

Apparently spelling isn't part of your "intellegent" conversations.

Lechium
03-11-2003, 03:49 AM
"Thou" is a perfectly acceptable shorthand verion of woth though, so shut up and go find more spelling errors, cuz if pointing out other peoples petty mistakes makes you feel big and important -- go ahead and indulge your ego.

Northerner
03-11-2003, 01:48 PM
When did he inspire people to kill in the name of Statan? Please show me where cuz I am clueless... a quote from a song will do.

Hi Dan and Teri!!

About four years ago in spain (I think) two young girls stabbed a poor old catholic woman who had tried to help them. They killed because they believed Manson had told them to and in the name of the devil. :mad: I have also seen him speaking at concerts on TV denouncing and ridiculing Christianity and endorsing satanism...... There is plenty of evidence.

But I agree if you dont like Creed :eek: (How could you not!?) Then please leave us fans alone!!

Lechium
03-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Most likely they were two confused fans. Just because fan of some artist kills someone doesnt mean that it is that artist to blame.

Beatles's song "Helter Skelter" had supposetly inspired Charlie Manson murders... so Beatles are evil too?

Show me ANY Manson lyrics where he tells people to kill in the name of devil. Please. Here's even lyrics site for ya: http://www.azlyrics.com/m/marilyn.html

JulieCitySlicker
03-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Speakin of sites:rolleyes: I take you havn't found that Manson site huh:confused: Cuz your still here bashin our bands and are religions:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lechium
03-11-2003, 09:43 PM
I havent been bashing "your" bands for quiet some time.
I dont bash Christinaity, only Catholicism (well unless you take my attempts to prove that Satanism and Devil woshipping are two different things) and im nto the only one who dislikes the Catholicism, even on this board.
So what's your problem?

JenRN
03-11-2003, 09:46 PM
What is really the point of "bashing" anything, what does it get you?:confused:

JulieCitySlicker
03-11-2003, 11:20 PM
<b>I havent been bashing "your" bands for quiet some time.
I dont bash Christinaity, only Catholicism (well unless you take my attempts to prove that Satanism and Devil woshipping are two different things) and im nto the only one who dislikes the Catholicism, even on this board.
So what's your problem? </b> Maybe people like you are my problem:mad: ;) I mean you come here trying to convince everyone that your opinions are right when you don't know a friggen thing about anything! No one believes in your satanic BS! So go do whatever...worship Manson for all I care just leave me and my religion alone:finger: :finger:

Lechium
03-11-2003, 11:54 PM
What the hell is your problem? I'm not preaching stanism here. All I'm saying -- Satanism is not Devil worshipping. I'm not Satanist myself, and I said it myself before. I dont worship Manson, and can you please stop bringing him up? It's always you guys who stir shit up and I just defend thungs (Manson, Satanism) which you accuse of thungs they are not.

JenRN
03-12-2003, 09:42 AM
What the hell is your problem? I'm not preaching stanism here. All I'm saying -- Satanism is not Devil worshipping. I'm not Satanist myself, and I said it myself before. I dont worship Manson, and can you please stop bringing him up? It's always you guys who stir shit up and I just defend thungs (Manson, Satanism) which you accuse of thungs they are not.
So..... have you finally realized I was right about his "ordained minister" crap with Anton LeVay? Go ahead look it up on your Manson sights! What I accused him of is right, hey it is his destiny not mine, hope he likes HEAT!:devil:

Dogstar
03-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
...What I accused him of is right, hey it is his destiny not mine, hope he likes HEAT!:devil: :roll:

JulieCitySlicker
03-12-2003, 04:01 PM
<b>So..... have you finally realized I was right about his "ordained minister" crap with Anton LeVay? Go ahead look it up on your Manson sights! &nbsp;What I accused him of is right, hey it is his destiny not mine, hope he likes HEAT!:devil: </b>
Jen that was good! LMAO!:P

Ivan_Creed
03-12-2003, 09:02 PM
I guess afterall M.M. is kind of evil... So we as Creed ppl shouldn't even think about, nor mention him here.. there is probably lots of M.M. boards out there, who cares about him anyway!? To get back on the topic, religion is messed up, that's y it's up 2 us 2 find it out ourselves what's right and what's wrong... "... believe what u will, that is ur right, but I choose 2 win, I choose 2 fight..." ..
Btw. I am not a Catholic, but Orthodox.. just 2 let some of u know, and clear that out! :band: :tremonti: :bounce: :dancing:

Lechium
03-12-2003, 10:05 PM
> So we as Creed ppl shouldn't even think about, nor mention him here..
Just because you're fan of creed it does not mean that you have to dislike Manson.

Oh yeah and Orthodox is pretty corrupted too. Very opressive branch of Christianity, where people come to church to beg for forgivness rather than to express thier love to God. I know Orthodox pretty well, btw.

JenRN
03-12-2003, 10:10 PM
Blah Blah Blah.... what are you on the rag again Lechium?:lol:

**Would you like some cheese with that WHINE of yours?:roll:

Lechium
03-12-2003, 11:28 PM
You say you're 30 yrs old, yet you act like you're 12.

Ivan_Creed
03-13-2003, 02:51 AM
Ok, u went a little far now Lechium... I will tell u right off the bat, U DON'T KNOW SQUAT about the Orthodox... so don't talk smack dude... that is ur wrong perception! I guess ur point of being in this forum is 2 mess w/ ppl and their religion!

Lechium
03-13-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Ivan_Creed
Ok, u went a little far now Lechium... I will tell u right off the bat, U DON'T KNOW SQUAT about the Orthodox... so don't talk smack dude... that is ur wrong perception! I guess ur point of being in this forum is 2 mess w/ ppl and their religion!

Nah you're the one who assumes here. I TRIED to be Orthodox, some of my family is Otrodox... I know this branch of Christianity very well man, so calm down please. Orthodox is... well just that orthodox -- very old religion (pretty much oldest vesrion of Christianity) which is very resistant to change.

creeder
03-13-2003, 07:05 AM
GOD= My style

JenRN
03-13-2003, 08:00 AM
You say you're 30 yrs old, yet you act like you're 12.
Is that the best you can do? I love to get you, you never seem to be able to keep up with me! I find it humerous that you are unable to have a better comeback! :lol: :lol: WEll all I have to say is you do act 20, very arrogant, inexperienced and "think" you know it all! Come back and preach when you have some life experience behind you! By the way what are you doing with your life? You never say you have a job, we know you don't have a car so what is your "goal in life" do you plan to live in America and free-load?

TeriB19
03-13-2003, 08:48 AM
You say you're 30 yrs old, yet you act like you're 12. I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you.:P

JulieCitySlicker
03-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TeriB19
I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you.:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Lechium
03-13-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you.:P

Welcome to the 21st century where glue that sticks to rubber is sold in every K-Mart lol

JenRN
03-13-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks on you.:P
I've come to the realization that when he says black I say white! He is oil and I am water, we just don't see eye to eye or mesh at all. I really could care less what he does with his life, it is his to ruin and mess up! Hopefully with some maturity will come realization that life is short and you need to make rational decisions. I have had enough of this back and forth stuff quite frankly I am bored with it! Good luck Lechium I hope you will find the things in life that matter and eventually you will be happy, because it is obvious to me you are a lost soul and have a lot to learn!:peace:

Lechium
03-13-2003, 01:14 PM
<b>Is that the best you can do? I love to get you, you never seem to be able to keep up with me! &nbsp;I find it humerous that you are unable to have a better comeback! :lol: :lol: &nbsp;WEll all I have to say is you do act 20, very arrogant, inexperienced and "think" you know it all! &nbsp;Come back and preach when you have some life experience behind you! &nbsp;By the way what are you doing with your life? You never say you have a job, we know you don't have a car so what is your "goal in life" do you plan to live in America and free-load? </b>

I dont have a car cuz I cant afford one at the moment. I got a job doing research for my univ. When I have my degree I'll know what to do with my life, so far I just study and work.

P.S. at least I act my age lol

Ivan_Creed
03-13-2003, 01:28 PM
What nationality r u Lech, if u tried 2 b Orthodox? Obviously u went the wrong way... if it is what I am thinking, u might have been exposed 2 post-communist influence on the Orthodox branch, and that is the wrong way... My 1/2 nationality is Serbian, so I am a strong believer, despite all the misfortune and corruption that happened in my little country of origin.. As I said before, ppl need 2 find faith on an individual basis!!!! U can't just go 2 church, and listen 2 the priest, hoping he will save u.. U have 2 do it urself!! :angel:

Lechium
03-13-2003, 01:34 PM
I am Russian if you really wanna know.
And I disliek Orthodox because it is very domatic and not flexible.

JulieCitySlicker
03-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Jen is right! It is your life Lech and your soul...if ya want to mess it up and keep on your satanism or whatever you believe then that on you man! We can talk to you about God and what we believe till the day we die but if you refuse to listen and acknowledge it then we are just wasting our time.. I no longer am going to waste my time. So you just believe what ever you want. I am no longer going to listen to you draging God's teachings through the mud, especially when you have no clue what you are tunring away. But hey Peace out:peacelove :peace: Good luck with your life;)

Lechium
03-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Jen is right! It is your life Lech and your soul...if ya want to mess it up and keep on your satanism or whatever you believe then that on you man! We can talk to you about God and what we believe till the day we die but if you refuse to listen and acknowledge it then we are just wasting our time.. I no longer am going to waste my time. So you just believe what ever you want. I am no longer going to listen to you draging God's teachings through the mud, especially when you have no clue what you are tunring away. But hey &nbsp;Peace out:peacelove :peace: Good luck with your life;)

You AMAZE me Julie.... I had said multiple times that I do not belive in Satanism, but goess you did not hear that! lol

Ivan_Creed
03-13-2003, 01:39 PM
Ooo... Never heard a russian speak like that!! Except 4 the converts here in Sac.. Try again!! U fell under the bad doctrine of the church!! Remember, u have 2 find it urself, ppl can only help by pointing out and assisting, the rest is up 2 u!!!
Btw. thanx 4 the honesty! :bounce:

Lechium
03-13-2003, 01:47 PM
np
If I'm finding my faith myself, than what do I need church for? What do I need middle man for?

Ivan_Creed
03-13-2003, 02:14 PM
C... now, I am not saying anything against the church, but there is more than just the church.. The church is simbologically a place where ppl gather in the name of Jesus, not a specific geographic location! Keep the Faith! :bounce:

Lady Valkyrie
04-07-2003, 01:03 AM

Also Manson is a nice guy... what kind of evil deeds has he done? Wearing make up? Singing about how depressing and sad this world is? Name me a single evil thing he has done.

Well, I used to be a #1 fan of Manson... he's done many things on stage sexually that would make a lot of people beg to differ with you. Also he is officially an ordained Revrend to the Satanic Church. The person who ordained him was Anton Levay. After doing so is when Manson really made it big in the music industry. It's creepy... as though Manson "sold his soul to the devil".

Northerner
04-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Exactly! No-where did i say anything about his lyrics its what he SAYS and does that is evil, Lechium. Thanks for the examples lady valkyrie! :)

So what made u realise he was such a freak? :D

Ivan_Creed
04-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Btw. Lech is gone.. so far!! So don't waste ur time and effort!

bgivens33
04-09-2003, 03:31 AM
how did you go about choosing christianity?

Northerner
04-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Who are you asking? :)

bgivens33
04-09-2003, 01:10 PM
You.

Your mind reading skills aren't quite up to snuff ;)

Northerner
04-09-2003, 02:22 PM
OK......

I grew up in a Christian family, rebelled, then repented and was saved- to put it very simply.

Why are you interested?:angel:

bgivens33
04-09-2003, 05:30 PM
No particular reason. I'm a religion/philosophy major and I'm always interested in religious beliefs. If you don't mind me asking, what about Christianity are you drawn too?

And just a bit of advice, after reading over this thread, I would like to say you handled yourself well. Just be carefull in your response to people that don't believe the same as you. Your ultimate goal is to not only go to heaven, but bring people with you. Sometimes a response can push people farther away than where they were. I know Christians are under CONSTANT ridicule and judgement, but nobody said it was the easy road. In any type of mental and religious growth, the majority of time, you will grow more out of persecution and challenge than you will out of positive situations. So, when you do get questioned about your faith, use it as an opportunity to grow. Don't EVER just shrug off questions as being attacks on Christians. Again, you handled yourself great, this is just someting I see among many young(and old) Christians.

Northerner
04-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Thanks.
I'm sorry if I seemed a bit short with you to start with but I wasn't sure of you're motives! Yeah I totally agree, sometimes I am far too intolerant but I KNOW Jesus lives and God exists and when I see people shrug it off and beleiving untrue things its sad, and I want them to know his love too. I'm not very good at explaining myself but I hope you get what I mean.

What attracts me to Christinity is its TRUE. Simple as that. I'm not some dreamer or gullible person who follows a religion because i want some hope, I KNOW its true. I'm actually a VERY cynical person so I surprise even myself when I beleive it so sincerely.

I know its not "fashonable" or "Politically Correct" to vehemently disagree with other peoples religions, but when they're false and you are called to spread the truth then you have to.

Also, its very starnge that you should say "you will grow more out of persecution and challenge than you will out of positive situations". I feel this is something God has been telling me recently and you have confirmed it and summed it up, thanks. If you have ANY questions on Christianity I will be happy to *try* and give you some answers although I'm am a newbie!

My faith is really summed up by the poem God gave me, its on the Creative Corner board under "POEM PLEASE READ!"

Bye for now :)

bgivens33
04-16-2003, 03:25 AM
That sounds great. You sound very excited and I wish you the best. The only thing I would say is to strive to serve not save. You are supposed to serve God, let him do the saving.