Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Lifehouse [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Lifehouse

Mr. Prophet Man
03-08-2003, 10:36 AM
What do you think of this band? They share one thing in common with Creed, that is the "Christian band" label. I think "Breathing" and "Hanging.." were cool songs but the singer needs to stop imitating Stapp and create his own sound.

hotforscott
03-08-2003, 12:18 PM
I like that one song...........something like "wouldn't change a thing" or something. It's got a good beat. I have never thought they sounded like Creed though. We play that CD at work a lot and I have never thought that.

DangerousDan85
03-08-2003, 01:35 PM
i've never listened to them

creedster
03-08-2003, 01:47 PM
i like them,especially "hanging by a moment" and the new one "spin".these are songs are really good.but i also don't think that they sound like creed,cause the sound of creed is unique.

hayley
03-08-2003, 04:08 PM
I love Hanging By A Moment that is a great song

Lechium
03-08-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Prophet Man
<b>What do you think of this band? They share one thing in common with Creed, that is the "Christian band" label. I think "Breathing" and "Hanging.." were cool songs but the singer needs to stop imitating Stapp and create his own sound. </b>

He's immitating Eddie Vedder, not stapp =)

hotforscott
03-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
i've never listened to them

I really like the CD, that one song rocks. I will have to see what it's called and you can check it out on Kaaza. I really like them.

hotforscott
03-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Ok, I checked out the name of the one I like, it's "Spin". I LOVE this song.

DangerousDan85
03-08-2003, 08:19 PM
my sister has the cd i think

hotforscott
03-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Check it out if she does. I bet you'll like it.

PaulMcCoygirl
03-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Prophet Man
<b>What do you think of this band? They share one thing in common with Creed, that is the "Christian band" label. I think "Breathing" and "Hanging.." were cool songs but the singer needs to stop imitating Stapp and create his own sound. </b>

I really don't think that the lead singer mitates Stapp in any way at all. Lifehouse sounds nothing similar to Creed in any way either. Their songs are more mellow than Creed's are anyway.

hotforscott
03-09-2003, 06:00 PM
You are right. Lifehouse follows the same tone throughout all their songs that I have heard and Creed isn't like that.

PaulMcCoygirl
03-10-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by hotforscott
<b>I like that one song...........something like "wouldn't change a thing" or something. It's got a good beat. I have never thought they sounded like Creed though. We play that CD at work a lot and I have never thought that. </b>

That's called Spin:)

Marty
03-10-2003, 09:42 AM
They don't sound like Creed at all. The lead singer has a different tone.

According to what I've read, they are a Christian band, but they are doing what P.O.D. and Amy Grand does/did, is play secular and Christian crowds.

I haven't heard Sick Cycle Carusel, Breatheing or Spin on any secular radio channels, only the local Christian rock station.
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

TeriB19
03-10-2003, 09:51 AM
I heard an interview on the radio with their lead singer the other day and it seems as though they are caught up in the same trap as Creed is as far as the "Christian Band" label. Because they don't have anything negative to say, they are automatically bible thumpers. It's so stupid sometimes.

JenRN
03-10-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
<b>I heard an interview on the radio with their lead singer the other day and it seems as though they are caught up in the same trap as Creed is as far as the "Christian Band" label. Because they don't have anything negative to say, they are automatically bible thumpers. It's so stupid sometimes. </b>
Yeah what does that say about our society? If you are mot bashing your mother or singing about rape and gang bangs, you are a "religious band"!!! That's what is wrong with our society, it has become the norm to have shock crap music! I personally was estatic to have Creed come out in 97, an awesome rock band with incredible lyrics!!!!

DangerousDan85
03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
ditto

hotforscott
03-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by PaulMcCoygirl
That's called Spin:)

Yeah, I went and researched it after I posted that so I could tell Dan which song it was. Thanks.

mel!ssa
03-16-2003, 06:12 AM
i just bought their album No Name Face. I love Sick Cycle Carousel and Quasimodo, actually all of the songs on that album are good. I don't know of a Spin though. Bec and I saw them and a couple of other bands at the Stars of M-One concert a couple of months ago - they were pretty good but the lead singer didn't look very happy... :confused:

His voice is sorta similar to Scott's but that doesn't mean he's imitating him. They just both happen to be guys with a deep voice and a particular accent. But the music, and style, and everything else, is different to Creed. They're their own band just making music like everyone else. And like Creed, they do it good :D

hotforscott
03-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Spin is a kick butt song. I think the album it is on is called Climbfall or something. Not sure though, but I will find out and let you know.

hotforscott
03-16-2003, 08:06 AM
It is called Stanley Climbfall, released 9/17/02. I really like it.

mel!ssa
03-17-2003, 01:05 AM
was that before or after No Name Face? I haven't heard of it in Oz.

creedfan47a
03-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Get your head outta the ground! :D I'm not sure if the album is out yet, but I've definitely heard of it. And I'm not even a big fan of them. But I do like Sick Cycle Carousel.

mel!ssa
03-17-2003, 01:18 AM
if it hasn't been released yet, and won't be for awhile possibly, than why would i have heard of it? :angel:

creedfan47a
03-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Because you're supposed to be a fan?? ;)

hotforscott
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
I bought the CD, it's very good.