Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
scott lip sync [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : scott lip sync

weezer17
03-02-2003, 03:45 PM
I watched the superbowl video and when they start playing higher, there are lyrics being sung, but scott has the mike nowhere near his mouth. Anyone else notice this?

Kevin

DangerousDan85
03-02-2003, 03:52 PM
yeah i think everyone knows it was lip synced

JenRN
03-02-2003, 03:59 PM
That one show may have been lip synced but that is the ONLY one, I know when I have seen them in concert and he is singing right in front of you, it is overwhelming the energy and spirit he puts into his voice, you can feel it from your toes to your head!:wub: He literally uses his WHOLE body to get that beautiful voice out!:P

s.floridagirl
03-02-2003, 04:39 PM
It seems that anyone who sings at a Superbowl lip syncs. Every national anthem is lip synced too(in case you didn't realize) It's usually pre-recorded. I don't know why though.

hotforscott
03-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Jen is right. The shows are amazing. I could give a flip about the Superbowl.

creeder
03-02-2003, 05:04 PM
The superbowl is not playback.-.... its live...... The picture doesent fit with the sound...Thats the reason

Lechium
03-02-2003, 05:50 PM
For reals? I lost last bits of respect I had for mr stapp...

JenRN
03-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Lechium

You mean to tell me you even had a fraction of respect for him?!:confused:

creeder
03-02-2003, 06:22 PM
I have respect for stapp.. and this is not playback!

JenRN
03-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by creeder
I have respect for stapp.. and this is not playback!
I also have a TON of respect for him. He choses to be "different" from the typical rock star and stands up for what he believes. To me the fact he has this wonderful foundation and gives back to his community is awesome to me! He is "my kind of guy" He is not afraid to bare his soul and give so much to his music, that to me is incredible! You don't find to many rock bands that actually put out music that "means something" Creed and Stapp have done that and all on their own to boot, no help from the 'industry" He has my utmost respect!!!!!:bow: :wub:

hotforscott
03-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Right on Sista!

Sheila63
03-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by JenRN
<b>I also have a TON of respect for him. &nbsp;He choses to be "different" from the typical rock star and stands up for what he believes. To me the fact he has this wonderful foundation and gives back to his community is awesome to me! &nbsp;He is "my kind of guy" He is not afraid to bare his soul and give so much to his music, that to me is incredible! &nbsp;You don't find to many rock bands that actually put out music that "means something" Creed and Stapp have done that and all on their own to boot, no help from the 'industry" He has my utmost respect!!!!!:bow: :wub: </b>

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jen!!:clap: :clap: For those reasons and more are why I love him, Mark, Flip and their music.:crest: :crest:

SJack5802
03-02-2003, 09:14 PM

Why don't you get the hell off the board for good since, you obviously have no respect for Creed or the board

TeriB19
03-02-2003, 09:19 PM
That's exactly right Scott, he may not have respect for Stapp or anyone else in the band, but this board is made up of members who respect each other. Lechium does not fit that category most times.

Lechium
03-03-2003, 03:13 AM
You mean to tell me you even had a fraction of respect for him?!:confused:
tiny bit yeah

and i do have repect for people on this board, just never had and never will have any respect for band that lip synks (if singer lip synks rest of band "finger synks" most likeley too) and calls it a "live" preformance.

DangerousDan85
03-03-2003, 03:17 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hide_tremonti
03-03-2003, 08:13 AM
That one show may have been lip synced but that is the ONLY one, I know when I have seen them in concert and he is singing right in front of you, it is overwhelming the energy and spirit he puts into his voice, you can feel it from your toes to your head!:wub: &nbsp;He literally uses his WHOLE body to get that beautiful voice out!:P
He needs to learn to sing. If you haven't noticed, his voice has been going worse and worse because of the way he uses his throat to sing...

JenRN
03-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by hide_tremonti
He needs to learn to sing. If you haven't noticed, his voice has been going worse and worse because of the way he uses his throat to sing...
Well I disagree! Yeah he may need to learn how to sustain his voice, but learn how to sing??? I DON'T THINK SO! I have been to several different concerts and most performers who "actually sing" do use their whole body to do it! To me his voice is awesome and I think he just has " over done it" with this tour! Even when he sings the slower songs, such as WAWO etc... he does not sing from his throat in my opinion, I was dead center right in front of him, for that song twice and he did not flinch, he was smooth and soulful!:) Some people think his deep raw sultry voice is throat singing, I just disagree, it is his singing voice and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!:D :D

creeder
03-03-2003, 09:45 AM
<b>tiny bit yeah

and i do have repect for people on this board, just never had and never will have any respect for band that lip synks (if singer lip synks rest of band "finger synks" most likeley too) and calls it a "live" preformance. </b>

Like i said before they dont DO FUCKING PLAYBACK

TeriB19
03-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Creeder what do you when you say "playback"? Their musical portion was pre-recorded. It was.

And I'm sorry, hide_tremonti, but the last show of the tour on NYE in Philly was the best show I've EVER been to. He and the band sounded excellent. I would have to disagree with you when you say his voice is getting worse and worse. He doesn't need to learn to sing, he just needs to work on saving his throat. Give the guy a break.

Sheila63
03-03-2003, 12:10 PM
I totally agree with you, Teri and Jen. His voice is one of the first things that drew me to Creed's music in the first place along with the lyrics. When a person uses their voice like he does, it can't be easy, especially when touring. In my opinion, he's just passionate about what he's singing about and puts all he has into it. :crest: :crest:

s.floridagirl
03-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Hey everyone! Let those think what they want. To each their own BUT! I too have been to a lot of concerts and I have to say, Stapp's voice stunned me! I stopped having high expectatons at concerts cause I always got let down and I was blown away by him. I declared him the best I've heard!! He does admit that he never had a lesson. Right? That in itself is amazing!

Kim V.
03-03-2003, 02:27 PM
I agree, Teri, he sounded amazing on NYE in Philly. I truly believe Scott has one of the best voices in the music world today, and he does just put everything he's got into every song. I've never heard a voice like his, so passionate and full of feeling/emotion. Maybe he does need a voice coach to learn to save his throat, but to sound better? I don't believe that. PEACE.....

JUST GIVE LOVE TO ALL -- Scott Stapp:D

Shoebird
03-03-2003, 04:03 PM
K guys, just think about this a sec.

This was a superbowl performance, which means no screwups. You've got one chance at it, with all of the nation watching. At a live show you wouldn't care; your real fans would be there and it wouldn't bother them whether you flubbed a line or not. This thing was obviously well-choreographed and rehearsed, owing to all the dancers, cheerleaders, people flying around on strings with capes etc...

Anyway, just to ensure perfection, the league and stadium officials might want to pre-record a voice track or take it directly from the albums. They just want to make sure their asses are covered :D .

Sheila63
03-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by s.floridagirl
Hey everyone! &nbsp;Let those think what they want. &nbsp;To each their own BUT! &nbsp;I too have been to a lot of concerts and I have to say, &nbsp;Stapp's voice stunned me! &nbsp; &nbsp;I stopped having high expectatons at concerts cause I always &nbsp;got let down and I was blown away by him. &nbsp;I declared him the best I've heard!! &nbsp; He does admit that he never had a lesson. Right? &nbsp;That in itself is amazing!

You're right, s.floridagirl, everyone does have a right to their opinion.

creeder
03-03-2003, 06:27 PM
>Agree on that one

C-Dogg
03-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Pretty much all shows all bands play such as big football games, and whatnot, are lip-synched due to the acoustics and sound setup of the arenas.

:)

crest tattoo
03-03-2003, 09:34 PM
You said it Shoebird. After reading through this whole thread for the first time within the last minute, I agree. I'm sure the stadium sets the rules to not go for live. A concert has thousands, a game has thousands at the stadium, and millions at home. If the national anthem is pre-recorded, after being sung a ga-zillion times, you think they would let a one-time performer go live? Doubtful. So, if he choose to do this performance, which is not his usual way of presenting himself, it may have been to them an opportunity of a lifetime.

If anyone deserves less respect on this BB, it's one who comes to a BB to taunt something that the people here joined together for in the first place, to share our positive views, our feedback, and keep each other going. We are here to share in a COMMON interest. If you aren't here for the same reason, go find a hate Creed BB.

Bridge of Clay
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
they shouldnīt make more than 2 concerts/week, so Stapp can spare his voice...they would have done it if this tour wasnīt so messed up: accidents, deaths, fights...

the guy has such a gift!!! Heīs really blessed for his voice. When I discovered Creed, I used to pray so I could have a voice like his... it didnīt work but thatīs ok...

about the nfl stuff... I agree with who said thereīs an audio delay... If you see, the sound doesnīt fit to what Markīs playing too.

hide_tremonti
03-04-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by TeriB19
And I'm sorry, hide_tremonti, but the last show of the tour on NYE in Philly was the best show I've EVER been to. He and the band sounded excellent. I would have to disagree with you when you say his voice is getting worse and worse. He doesn't need to learn to sing, he just needs to work on saving his throat. Give the guy a break.
His voice sounded much better in the MOP touring days...
"he just needs to work on saving his throat." - He's damaging the throat the way he's singing...that's why I think he needs to learn to sing properly.

creeder
03-04-2003, 07:47 AM

disagree!

TeriB19
03-04-2003, 09:55 AM
He needs to learn to sing. If you haven't noticed, his voice has been going worse and worse because of the way he uses his throat to sing... Ok, hide, no where in this post did you mention 'sing properly'. There is a big difference between what you posted and what you meant. Didn't mean to jump all over you but you never said "sing properly" until after I jumped all over you. My bad.

creed_sweden
03-04-2003, 11:53 AM
i know why you think this was PRE-Recorded...
i work as a technican.on the Swedish Television...
I have seen this videoshoot...from Dallas...
And i can say that this wasnt fake...
When this guy from Salvation Army something talk, the sound coming from a mic which is in the room there he sits...
A second later, the producers turn up the volume to the mics which is down on the stage....
And you can see this girls, they coming out a little bit late..
This can also be a bad ripper from Videopimp...You can also see that Flip is a second before the sound...
This happends often on Live performances...
The Sound is faster than the picture..
Thats why it looks fake...

velocityidp
03-04-2003, 05:51 PM
tiny bit yeah

and i do have repect for people on this board, just never had and never will have any respect for band that lip synks (if singer lip synks rest of band "finger synks" most likeley too) and calls it a "live" preformance.

In case you guys don't know, ALL performances at the Super Bowl must be lipsynched. I'm suprised most of you seem unaware. You actually think they have time to move masses of wiring to the center of a football field -- and have it work reliably -- all within the time of 15-20 minutes?

Be realistic. They lipsynched. 1) big whoop 2) anyone in their position would have had to do it. I just tire of those intent on finding fault with Creed no matter what.

s.floridagirl
03-04-2003, 06:38 PM
We are beating this topic to death. And none of us are truly certain about it! At this point, who really cares? Did you enjoy watching our favorite band at the Superbowl? End of story!!;)

crest tattoo
03-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Sorry about not putting this quote in the little white box I appear to have no idea how to use for the following quote.

In case you guys don't know, ALL performances at the Super Bowl must be lipsynched. I'm suprised most of you seem unaware. You actually think they have time to move masses of wiring to the center of a football field -- and have it work reliably -- all within the time of 15-20 minutes?

Be realistic. They lipsynched. 1) big whoop 2) anyone in their position would have had to do it. I just tire of those intent on finding fault with Creed no matter what.

Very well said! Bravo!:dancing:

Lechium
03-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by crest tattoo
You actually think they have time to move masses of wiring to the center of a football field -- and have it work reliably -- all within the time of 15-20 minutes?

Yeah with ease. Dont tell me that's impossible. Superbowl halftime show has major budget, in our age its not hard to do wiring fast. Hell do it wireless!

creedlvr
03-04-2003, 11:59 PM
Everyone keeps saying this was at the Superbowl ... I'm assuming you mean the Thanksgiving Day Dallas game, right??

Did Creed ever perform at a Superbowl?

Also, I had heard that No Doubt and Sting sang live at this year's Superbowl. I have no idea if that is true or not.

Anyway, if they did lipsync, I'm sure it was for good reason because we all know that this is not typical of them. If it were, Scott certainly wouldn't have lost his voice while touring.

velocityidp
03-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Yeah with ease. Dont tell me that's impossible. Superbowl halftime show has major budget, in our age its not hard to do wiring fast. Hell do it wireless!

We're talking about the Thanksgiving game here, not the SuperB. And no, not "with ease." I am an electrical engineer so I believe I have *some* insight into this area... it's not that easy, and it costs a lot of money and manhours. It's significantly less expensive for the NFL to just blast a CD over the loudspeakers than to have miles of analog wiring that has to be tested, calibrated, attenuated to sound presentable.... and then risk it getting all screwed up when the equipent is moved to the center of the field.

DangerousDan85
03-05-2003, 12:24 AM
yeah I thought it was Thanksgiving

Lechium
03-05-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>We're talking about the Thanksgiving game here, not the SuperB. And no, not "with ease." I am an electrical engineer so I believe I have *some* insight into this area... it's not that easy, and it costs a lot of money and manhours. It's significantly less expensive for the NFL to just blast a CD over the loudspeakers than to have miles of analog wiring that has to be tested, calibrated, attenuated to sound presentable.... and then risk it getting all screwed up when the equipent is moved to the center of the field. </b>

What about doing it wireless?

velocityidp
03-05-2003, 12:52 AM
Wireless is very, very expensive right now. Just look at wireless networking hardware, fo example.... around 4-5 times as expensive as wired networking hardware.

Now, when we talk about obtaining professional, high-end industrial equipment than can trasmit multiple channels of high-bandwidth voice at very high frequency, at high power, that technology is very expensive right now.

Even with wireless, sound technicians still have to expend many hours to calibrate their equipment. It's a bit more involved than "flipping a switch." Think of how long it takes to professionally configure sound at a concert... a long time! All those engineers have to be paid, and if the concert is going to last for only a few minutes and you don't get paid for it, nobody will want to waste time with equipment when you can just pop in a couple CD tracks at little to no cost.

Think about it!

Lechium
03-05-2003, 12:55 AM
If you invite BIG band to play in your halftime show, than you have money for sure.

velocityidp
03-05-2003, 01:00 AM
I agree, but they are not going to bother spending extra hundreds of thousands of dollars to set up real-time voice for a couple minutes during a thanksgiving game. Doesn't matter how large the band is.

If it were the Superbowl, it MIGHT be a different story, but all the halftime shows I've seen (not many) were all lipsynched and/or dubbed.

Steve
03-05-2003, 01:05 AM
velocityidp,

This is offtopic, but just a question for you: Is electrical engineering different from a sound engineer? Are they the same? I've always been interested in this stuff but never pursued it.