Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Abortion 2 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Abortion 2

Creeds#1
10-11-2002, 12:53 AM
To answer Ladys question in that topic. The bible also states that each cell, organism...etc that composes your body in itself is part of your internal soul. The soul that goes to heaven once the rapture happens and or you die. Therefore by creating life then killing it is killing a soul. If you do not believe in the bible then it is still moraly wrong, being ir-responsable enough to have a child in the first place!

Any thoughts on this?

Siana
10-11-2002, 08:07 AM
well,the Bible is written by people,so I think some of the things in it express the point of view of a group of ppl out there....Why don't you think about this-Since the Middle ages the church's function is to control ppl......Kings and emperors ruled by the churches and religion,if you know what i mean.....Don't get me wrong though,I believe there's a God,but I think man is free to do what he wants..he can choose what to do with his life,so it's up to every1 of us to decide what is right or wrong.

Lady Valkyrie
10-11-2002, 08:36 AM
That is your belief Siana and I respect that. However,I believe that each person has a soul. To kill an unborn child is not killing the soul... it is killing the earthly body. The unborn baby's soul goes back to the Heavenly Father, God. That is my personal opinion.

Siana
10-11-2002, 09:04 AM
good,i respect your opinion

Mulletman
10-11-2002, 12:33 PM
im gonna get shitlisted for this one....

but if it is ok to kill a child (unborn or not he is still a miracle of life and proof of what God has given us) then what makes it wrong to kill the mother? if the mother has the right to kill her child why not give the child that same option? some teens dont like thier parents so why not give then the option to kill them. i mean you can allready divorce your parents so why not kill them? whats the difference? murder is murder, why sugar coat it?

Creeds#1
10-11-2002, 03:35 PM
(*CLAPPING AS LOUD AS HE CAN FOR MULLET MAN!*) bravo, bravo!

souldancer
10-11-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Siana
well,the Bible is written by people,so I think some of the things in it express the point of view of a group of ppl out there....Why don't you think about this-Since the Middle ages the church's function is to control ppl......Kings and emperors ruled by the churches and religion,if you know what i mean.....Don't get me wrong though,I believe there's a God,but I think man is free to do what he wants..he can choose what to do with his life,so it's up to every1 of us to decide what is right or wrong.
Thanks for your post Siana! Right on! I agree that the bible is generally interpreted to suit those in control. Certainly that doesn't interfere with my appreciation of Jesus. And hail to Buddha, Lao Tzu, Yogananda, Emerson and other teachers. Personally, I look to a metaphysical bible interpretation, lends some light on understanding Jesus' teaching. It's not the KJ BIBLE or NOTHING! We each experience God in our own way. Pure union with God, through prayer, meditation, peak experiences - whatever takes me to that HIGHER place of union, is my way.

Bridge of Clay
10-11-2002, 05:52 PM
I believe Bible was writed by man, but those men were inspired by God, so itīs like the Holy Ghost wrote it itself...

But on the abortion matter, think:

-If the abortion is "necessary" to spare the momīs life, who later can have other childs??? Would you save the mom or would you save just the baby ??? ( you canīt save both)

-If the girl was raped, and as a consequence of the rape she gets preagnant???

Iīm against abortion...but when I stop to think on these situations above... I realize I donīt have an opinion yet...

allison
10-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman

but if it is ok to kill a child (unborn or not he is still a miracle of life and proof of what God has given us) then what makes it wrong to kill the mother? if the mother has the right to kill her child why not give the child that same option? some teens dont like thier parents so why not give then the option to kill them. i mean you can allready divorce your parents so why not kill them? whats the difference? murder is murder, why sugar coat it?

Makin' me think Mullet, never thought about it that way. Good point to bring up. The Bible aside, I just think there are some things that, to me, to my conscience, are clearly not right. Ending the life of a fetus is one of them. However, if I would have gotten preganant at 16, who knows what I would have done. I just consider myself very lucky that I did not get pregnant as a teenager. I very well may have made the wrong choice, so I do not condemn women who have had abortions. Everyone makes bad mistakes. But my gut tells me that abortion is wrong, wrong , wrong.

Mulletman
10-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Creeds#1
(*CLAPPING AS LOUD AS HE CAN FOR MULLET MAN!*) bravo, bravo!

:bow:

souldancer
10-12-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
Iīm against abortion...but when I stop to think on these situations above... I realize I donīt have an opinion yet... Thanks, Marcos for pointing out the complications of issues, nothing is simply yes/no or black/white or even right/wrong. Circumstances can change our opinions, decisions...that's why we should exercise free thinking, ethics and critical thinking. These are highly contraversial/charged subjects. I have been hesitant to introduce another 'charged' topic in Allison's thread..

Dogstar
10-12-2002, 02:53 AM
Same here...put my two cents' worth in on a previous thread.

Aimee
10-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Mullet-
Interesting points, but the difference is that an abortion is not based on a like or dislike of a person, it is based on the consequences to the rest of your life. I am pro-life, but thought I'd challenge your logic here to keep things interesting.

souldancer
10-14-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Mulletman

Siana
10-17-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by souldancer
Thanks for your post Siana!  Right on! I agree that the bible is generally interpreted to suit those in control.  Certainly that doesn't interfere with my appreciation of Jesus.  And hail to Buddha, Lao Tzu, Yogananda, Emerson and other teachers.  Personally, I look to a metaphysical bible  interpretation, lends some light on understanding Jesus' teaching.  It's not the KJ BIBLE or NOTHING! We each experience God in our own way.  Pure union with God, through prayer, meditation, peak experiences - whatever takes me to that HIGHER place of union, is my way.

yes,right.And I don't need no Bible to believe in God.The fact I don't read the Bible every day doesn't mean I don't believe in him

TeriB19
10-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Same here Siana. I read the Bible a great deal growing up. I have not picked it up in years (which prevents me from quoting chapter and verse) but that doesn't make me a bad person. I still believe in God and try to live as a good Christian.

Siana
10-17-2002, 11:37 AM
:)

jedilee
10-17-2002, 09:41 PM
Siana said:

"Death smiles at us all.All a man can do is smile back"
The problem with that attitude is, when Death does
come people who don't now Jesus are not smiling they are screeming in terror in what a-waits them. As it say's: " And as it is appointed for men to die once , but after this the judgement" Heb. 9:27
Your spirit lives on, it's where you want to spent that time after you die, that makes the difference. That's where the real meaning in life is.

MAY JESUS SHINE ON FOREVER and FOREVER

Altair
10-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
We each experience God in our own way.  Pure union with God, through prayer, meditation, peak experiences - whatever takes me to that HIGHER place of union, is my way.

More fundamentally, I think we do experience God in the same way. It's called basic experience; being here and now, awake, conscious; alive.

Most of us just don't realize it's that simple. Is that good or bad? I'm not sure, but it seems to me its neither. The knowledge carries no value. Either way, you're here and shining on.

Siana
10-18-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by jedilee
<b>Siana said:

"Death smiles at us all.All a man can do is smile back"
The problem with that attitude is, when Death does
come people who don't now Jesus are not smiling they are screeming in terror in what a-waits them. &nbsp;As it say's: " And as it is appointed for men to die once , but after this the judgement" Heb. 9:27 &nbsp; &nbsp;
Your spirit lives on, it's where you want to spent that time after you die, that makes the difference. That's where the real meaning in life is.

MAY JESUS SHINE ON FOREVER and FOREVER </b>

That is a quote from "Gladiator".It was said by Maximus (Russell Crowe).Just for the record,you know....

alive_in_Jesus
10-21-2002, 05:41 PM
I believe that abortion is wrong. Can you say a child who is born without something it needs to survive very long is not alive, just because its not fully developed? Its still life.

Siana
10-29-2002, 05:51 AM
yeah...

JenRN
11-01-2002, 10:42 PM
Well take it from me.... I suffered a miscarraige this summer and the thought of people having abortions sickens me. People that use it as a form of birth control should talk to people like me who suffered physically for days and mentally well it is still hurting. The one thing that helped me this summer was Creed, the concerts I attended was the bigest high I could have, and my mind was Totally on something else. It infiorates me to go places and see teens 14yrs old with babies and mis treating them, then there are people like me who would be a great parent and have something so horrible as a miscarraige happen to them. Yeah I can strongly say my entire life I have been against abortion!!!!!!!:mad:

allison
11-03-2002, 03:10 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you Jen. I can't imagine how hard it must be.

JenRN
11-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks Allison, yeah it has been hard:(

Siana
11-12-2002, 08:17 AM
:(