Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Because I love you guys... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Because I love you guys...

Aimee
10-10-2002, 10:22 AM
Well, I've been on this board for a total of a month and I already feel so comfortable. I never thought that I would get to the point where I actually want to meet the peeps I talk to online. Please don't take offense at that, it's just that I figured anonyminity was the best way to go on a BB. Thaks y'all for making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! But I digress...
Regarding these cancelled shows- I have talked to some in the CREED camp and got the real scoop about the cancellations. Scott has been feeling bad in the throat since Vegas. It's different for a rock singer who actually sings live than it is for a pop singer who uses things like pro-tools (a high-tech synthesiser that alters the sound of the voice or takes over if the voice goes out, etc). Anyone who has ever sung professionally whether in a choir or a band knows that to sing correctly, you need to sing from your diaphragm and not from the throat. Scott's sound comes mostly from his throat because it's hard to get his sound by singing from the diaphragm. Not impossible - just very difficult. During the Vegas show, Scott's throat totally gave out. I guess that's why he was in such a bad mood. Things are not going well with all of these *@#! cancellations. (If us fans are frustrated, how do you think the band feels?) Not excusing the way he behaved, just making a point. Now, when LA came around, the crew was up at 7AM and ready to roll by sound check at 4. Scott's doctor told him not to perform. At 4:30, the crew learned that the show was cancelled and had to take everything down. SO...
Those of you who think that the show is being cancelled because the band just needs some time off - think again! They want badly to perform for you, and I'll bet Scott is at home right now tearing his hair out in a fit!
Also, I'd like to address one other rumor that has been flying around here and the other BB's about the car accident. I'd like you to think, once again, about the consequences of CREED cancelling their shows and probably losing fans over it. I will only say this once, and that is right here, right now: SCOTT DID NOT FAKE THE CAR ACCIDENT! A woman hit him from behind while he was driving his Caddy SUV in Orlando. This was during the video shoot of Six Feet From the Edge, and Scott had to be VERY careful while he was strung up on harnesses for those shots. I'm not sure if a physical thrapist was on hand during the filming, but I do know that Scott was on painkillers and that he still has to have physical therapy because of that accident. So all of you haters and doubters out there, just shut the eff up. I am so tired of hearing that CREED is forgetting about the fans and becoming inaccessible. While that may be true of Stapp, he is not the only member of CREED. I know I would truly be dissapointed if they cancelled a show I was going to, especially if I made special arrangements to go, but let's not forget why we love the music. Cut the guys some slack if you will. They are really just people, not superheoroes and they will be back in full force, giving you all the performances you deserve.

souldancer
10-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Thank you, Aimee....EXCELLENT! I totally agree! My head has been spinning and heart aching with the self-centered, ignorant, irrational posts the past couple days. I was at Vegas, and remember seeing Scott's frustration he had with his voice, And the other girls comparing the song power to previous shows. But, he gave so much to his audience, it apalls me to have seen those with arrows on the board - just a few people. ANd I have browsed the other boards too and seen the same. I am listening to Faceless Man and Inside us All to keep me connected and just wish I knew a way to really show the band that YES! There are true fans that stand by them, appreciate them and CARE! Thanks again for your heartfelt and eloquent post!

Dogstar
10-10-2002, 02:22 PM
Great post, Aimee. You are soooo right. They are not superheroes, they are human. I have been frustrated as well over all the selfish bashing going on here the last couple of days. I, too, would be heartbroken if the show I had tickets for was to be cancelled, but I would understand. These guys are professionals, they plan strategic breaks during such long tours, so to say they just want time off is ludicrous. Scott, Mark and Flip have said repeatedly how much they appreciate the fans and how they wouldn't be where they are without them.
I'm not going to let the bashers and selfish nitwits get me down, though. Let's keep thinking positive thoughts for Scott to heal soon so that he can't get back to what he and the band love doing!

souldancer
10-10-2002, 03:08 PM
Dedicated Creed fans are rising! Can't you hear us coming? :dancing:

allison
10-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Great post Aimee, thanks for some truth amidst the rumors and speculation. Refreshing and encouraging.

Pittock
10-10-2002, 08:17 PM
Thank you Aimee. I am sure that these things preventing the band from touring are legit. I wish Scott and the rest of the band well and hope he's better soon.

TeriB19
10-10-2002, 10:07 PM
Aimee, you are the voice of reason amidst the insanity of haters and bashers and soon-to-be-ex-fans. Thank you for that most excellent post. I also never thought I'd find myself looking forward to coming to the internet and meeting people online. But it is so different here, more than I'd ever imagined. Very enjoyable because of people like you!

Aimee
10-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Someone posted my comments on two other BB's. It's interesting what other "Big Fans" of CREED will say even when someone tries to stick up for them. Of course, I didn't expect everyone to believe what I have said, but it was said for the benefit of the fans, not really for the haters & doubters. And the letter from Scott Stapp only cemented that what I have said is true. So many of you who have shown your true colors through this post. Thanks again to those of you who have been so positive about this. Just another reason I love this BB!