Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stereo Fuse interview about Creed and the Chicago show. [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Fuse interview about Creed and the Chicago show.

marlsy
02-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey I found this on Creedpit, I thought I would share it with ya!!

Stereo Fuse interview on the Chicago show
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stereo Fuse was on the Kidd Kraddick radio show yesterday, and the following, as best as I could transcribe it, is what was said.

------------
KK = Kidd Kraddick (or a KK co-host)
SF = Stereo Fuse member (since I don't know them by voice yet)

KK: Alright, speaking of Chicago and Creed, what happened?

SF: Um... I don't know. Lets - uh, let's pre-empt this with.. Scott Stapp was nice enough to let Stereo Fuse open for about 18 shows --

KK: So you don't feel bad trashing him now --

SF: No, I'm not trashing the guy at all, he built his castle and he's a rock and roll star, and... I think it's great! I just think people --

KK: Haha, he fell down on stage...

SF: ...want to put the guy to a higher standard than being a singer in a rock band, you know?

KK: But he's brought alot of that onto himself, hasn't he?

SF: Well, you know, it gets built up and once it's rollin', you can't stop the train.

KK: It's like the Britney 'virgin' thing. You gotta be really careful what you say because if it's something like "I'm a Christian" or "I'm a virgin", every time anybody talks to you they're gonna bring that up.

SF: Yeah, but Britney really is.

[laughter, people agreeing that it's true]

KK: So what happened? Since you don't want to say anything negative, and I don't blame ya, just give me a reporter's view of what happened.

SF: From, from what I saw at the show, he seemed to be on another planet...

KK: Uh huh...

SF: ...he seemed to be having a good time. I think most of the fans seemed to enjoy it, he was kindof in his own world, kinda pulling a Jim Morrison-esque kind of... rollin around on stage...

KK: That's a very lofty comparison!

SF: My favorite part, actually, was when he took off his shirt, he's wearing his leather pants and they're like, falling down, takes off his shoes, but the best part is he was wearing tube socks that must have been up to his knees..

[more laughter and comments]

SF: ...cause he was walking around the stage with like 6 inches of socks, like a little kid, hanging off his feet.

KK: So he took off his pants, too?

SF: No, no, no, the pants - the pants stayed on. I don't want to start any, uh, fellatiac rumors.

KK: So they were so long, they were hanging off the end of his feet, I gotcha..

SF: I remember my mother saying, "Chad, is this part of the act?"

[laughter]

SF: ...and I was like, "I don't think so."

KK: Was he able to -- was he able to do the songs then?

SF: No.

KK: No.

SF: No, no...

KK: So what did he do instead?

SF: Well he finished, but, by the end of the set he had his shirt off, and just threw down the mic, and raised his hands high...

[someone yells "YEAH!!"]

SF: ...and most of the crowd loved it.

KK co-host: I heard he threw up?

KK: Like the drunken "King of the world" scene in Almost Famous?

SF: Um, I'm not sure we can confirm that, but anything's possible.

KK co-host: Sometimes you just want to see your... the person you idolize being human and having a good time.. and even though they kinda screwed up the concert, it's still kinda funny to watch.

KK: Was Bowling for Soup there too?

KK: Did you guys come back onstage? After they, after...?

KK: No.. I'm confusing shows. So.. so they did finish..?

SF: They did, yeah, there was, they were all ready for a riot...

KK: All instrumentals?

SF: No, actually, Mark and Brett, the dru- the bass player sang.

KK: They did the singing.

SF: Yeah, and they were actually quite good.

KK: The fans couldn't have been pleased with that, though?

SF: They were- they were a little upset...

KK: Yeah.

SF: Um, like I said they were expecting a riot, but, they didn't know what though....

[they start talking about Kelly, the KK co-host, doing the same thing when she drinks, and then the clip ends]

SJack5802
02-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Interesting interview. Thanks for sharing it.

m3lissa
02-16-2003, 09:51 PM
i am pretty sick of these stupid Djz bitching about stuff they don't know about. They sit around in their booths all day and criticise about other peoples art or personal lives. i would like to see these people get up on stage and actually sing infront of thousands of people

maybe this particular radio station didn't make fun of Creed or maybe they did..but for God SAKE GET A LIFE!

okay i'm done

phew

:rolleyes:

Xterminator27
02-16-2003, 09:58 PM
ya when that happened i couldnt think of scott the same but now i dont care at all.

HigherGirl
02-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Ha...was at that concert............No comment..:embarass:

Wylde-Tremonti
02-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by m3lissa
i am pretty sick of these stupid Djz bitching about stuff they don't know about. They sit around in their booths all day and criticise about other peoples art or personal lives. i would like to see these people get up on stage and actually sing infront of thousands of people

maybe this particular radio station didn't make fun of Creed or maybe they did..but for God SAKE GET A LIFE!

okay i'm done

phew

:rolleyes:
Accually...i think the DJ's were pretty kool about it....better than the Tracy Wild......bitch......:mad:

HigherGirl
02-16-2003, 11:09 PM
D.J. 's in Chicago were vicious!!!!
They need to cut Scott a break:(

SJack5802
02-17-2003, 11:50 AM
On the another note, I thought the tube socks thing was pretty funny.

shane
02-17-2003, 11:59 AM
To think, Nice leather pants and tube socks (LOL) that is funny....

marlsy
02-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by SJack5802
On the another note, I thought the tube socks thing was pretty funny.

I know, that totally cracks me up!!! ROFL I would to of loved to see that actually!!

crest tattoo
02-17-2003, 03:45 PM
That was about the only funny thing I saw to the show. When we left, speechless, my friend turned to me and said, "and by the way, nice sweatsocks." Had to find laughter somewhere. Glad I can laugh now, so everyone knows I am over it.

Dogstar
02-17-2003, 08:23 PM
LOL on the tube socks. I did find that kind of cute and amusing when I first heard about it :D.

creedlvr
02-17-2003, 09:27 PM
me too! i actually really laughed when I read that! I had heard about that before and then I saw a picture of him ... just like they said ... with most of his sock hanging off the front of his foot. that was when he was lying on his back with his feet in there air. he really did look pretty funny!

creedgirl99
02-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Yeah, looking back now it was pretty funny.....thanks for sharing that interview, Marlsy!

hotforscott
02-18-2003, 05:58 PM
I appreciate reading it as well. It is good to hear what the opening acts had to say.

Dogstar
02-18-2003, 09:17 PM
And might I just add that the guitarist for StereoFuse had AWESOME hair...Sorry, I just loved his mane! :D

hotforscott
02-20-2003, 12:31 AM
I think someone on here had the chance to meet them, didn't they? I thought I heard someone say that they had hung out with them and they were totally awesome people. I think it was "Creedfan", but I am not sure. He posted a lot before the Chicago show, but I haven't seen him on much since.

crest tattoo
02-20-2003, 06:39 AM
My friend here in town that frequents Creedpit met them. She thought they were so nice and very cool. I think she has photos from backstage when she seen them.

hotforscott
02-20-2003, 04:48 PM
I think several people have and that is too cool. They seem to be very nice from what I have heard.

creedgirl99
02-20-2003, 05:32 PM
My hubby was sweet enough to go buy their cd and get it autographed for me at the Chicago show. (I was one from the rail, so there wasn't a chance I was leaving my spot!) He said they were really nice....

hotforscott
02-20-2003, 05:51 PM
That's cool. I didn't get quite that close at the Chicago show. I was a little further back. I cannot wait until another show here in Arkansas. I am more familiar with it and it's a little easier. I am probably going to go to every show within 4 hours next tour.

creedgirl99
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
I feel so lucky that I was able to get that close...I still can't believe it. (And we only stood in line for 2 1/2 hours...some people were there all day.) I cannot wait until they tour again...I definitely will be going!!! :bounce:

hotforscott
02-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Me, too!

thecandylady
03-15-2003, 02:27 AM
what happened at the chicago show? been opff line for a while,, does anyone have any pics of that show?

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:15 AM
Wow, candylady you HAVE been gone for a while, LOL. Welcome back :)...There were numerous threads posted about it, that's for sure. Scott S apparently had too much to drink before the show and stumbled his way through the performance, slurring words, forgetting lyrics and rolling around on the stage a la Jim Morrison. It upset a lot of people and there was a lot of venting and arguing about it on the BB. The search function is off, but when it comes back, you can check out all the Chicago threads. There were quite a few. There were some links to a few pics, but they are buried in the old threads somewhere.

njcreedite
03-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I've said it before....that man (Scott Stapp) needs someone to dress him. Tube socks??? I would happily volunteer for the job. Some needs to do it. Have you seen some of the shirts he wears? Ugh! Handsome guy- ugly clothes!
Linda

Wylde-Tremonti
03-20-2003, 08:04 PM
what's so bad about his shirts?????

Dogstar
03-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by njcreedite
I've said it before....that man (Scott Stapp) needs someone to dress him.  Tube socks???  I would happily volunteer for the job.  Some needs to do it.  
Linda

LMFAO!!!