Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Phillip's Drum Sticks [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Phillip's Drum Sticks

FlameBird
02-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Did anyone get these from Bandrags? Was it worth the buy? What does it look like (the pic wasn't very good)? Etc...
Just trying to decide if I want to buy it as a gift or not. :)

I haven't had much luck getting a true one at concerts and a friend of mine expressed some interest in this one so I want to make sure it's worth it. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

creedlvr
02-14-2003, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen these in person ... but I can tell you that I caught a drumstick at the NYE concert, and it was just a plain drumstick ... nothing on it.

creeder
02-14-2003, 06:10 PM
you can see flips drumstick at fliponline.net

Xterminator27
02-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by creedlvr
I haven't seen these in person ... but I can tell you that I caught a drumstick at the NYE concert, and it was just a plain drumstick ... nothing on it.

thats still awsom to catch a drumstick, thatd kick ass

DangerousDan85
02-14-2003, 08:45 PM
it kicks fat ass

SJack5802
02-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah, big dumbo ass, the kind of ass that you need two airplane tickets for two seats. lol

Sheila63
02-15-2003, 01:54 PM
That would be so awesome, I'd love to have one of his drum sticks or one of Mark's guitar pics!!!

Creed|Flip
02-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Flip has his own sticks at Bandrags.com, but if you go to www.fliponline.net (http://www.fliponline.net) you can see his equipment and see that he uses Vic Firth 5B sticks.

whitebird
02-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Creed/Flip

My son caught one of the drum sticks that were thrown at the concert in Minnesota. I turned around and he was being taken to the floor, the stick being taken from him, and listened to him being called a lightweight. The man that took it was older, bigger, and laughed as he walked away with it. At the previous concert in the Twin Cities, my son was punched in the face.

One concert he left with a bruised face, and the second with a bruised ego.

I tried to explain to him that the drumsticks were only a material thing. Spirituality was what was important.

creedlvr
02-15-2003, 06:03 PM
OMG!! That's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to your son!

I have to say ... when I caught it I was SO excited!! I couldn't believe it. I'm usually not that lucky.

As soon as I caught it though, I held it so tight because I felt a bit nervous that someone would try to grab it from me ... but no one did. Actually, everyone around me was really cool. They congratulated me ... but anyone that wanted to see it, I let them ...but I never let go of it ... just to be sure!

It was like a scavenger hunt on the floor for guitar pics ... but there was so much confetti on the floor that it was too hard to see anything else.

It was really cool though!

Sheila63
02-15-2003, 09:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that happened to your son, whitebird. That's unbelievable!!:eek: As much as I would love to have one, I would never hurt anyone to get it.

hayley
02-16-2003, 02:51 AM
yeah that would be wicked

gosh i'm sorry also that is horrible

DangerousDan85
02-16-2003, 03:20 AM
that would probably happen to me, some people are a**holes

hayley
02-17-2003, 02:30 AM
yep they sure are

whitebird
02-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your support, regarding what happened to my son. We were fortunate to speak with alot if other great people at the concert, so we don't judge the other people because of what a few did. Maybe I'll get tickets in the seating area next time they are in Minnesota. But it sure was exciting being on the floor.

hotforscott
02-20-2003, 08:27 PM
I had my finger fractured picking up my pic off the floor, about a million people stomped my hand trying to step on it first, but I still got it. It later got stolen in my purse, but people get vicious when it comes to those things. I am sorry to hear about your son Whitebird, I hope he was okay.

hayley
02-21-2003, 02:52 AM
lol ouchies that woulda hurt

Sheila63
02-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I had my finger fractured picking up my pic off the floor, about a million people stomped my hand trying to step on it first, but I still got it. It later got stolen in my purse, but people get vicious when it comes to those things. I am sorry to hear about your son Whitebird, I hope he was okay.

Wow, that sounds so painful, hotforscott.:eek: So sorry that happened to you.:(

hotforscott
02-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I didn't even know I had hurt it until I was leaving and I saw it turn purple and swell up. I can laugh about it now, even though it hurt once I was off my Creed high. I can look at it as a Creed concert memory.

hotforscott
02-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Aren't these drumsticks like a printed signature instead of the real thing?

Sheila63
02-21-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm happy to hear you can laugh about your fractured finger now, hotforscott. I have moments like that too that I can look back on and laugh but at the time weren't funny at all.

FlameBird
02-21-2003, 09:45 PM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to make a post and run! We got dumped with close to 3 feet of snow where I live and as luck would have it my electricity went out until yesterday. UGH

Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone! And the pit horror stories. :eek: Seems you have to wear body armour just to grab something. Definitely sorry to hear about your son also, Whitebird. There's always bound to be jerks every concert you go to I guess. Fortunately for every 1 jerk there's about 30 nice guys. :) That's how I finally got my MT pick, I had caught it and someone helped me keep it from another guy that was trying to steal it.

Hotforscott: Yeah, bandrags has the printed sig ones and a pic of the cover. You'd be extremely lucky to get one from the concert AND get it signed by him. Wish. :(

Also thanks Creed|Flip and Creeder for the link! I'll check it out too.

FlameBird
02-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I didn't even know I had hurt it until I was leaving and I saw it turn purple and swell up. I can laugh about it now, even though it hurt once I was off my Creed high. I can look at it as a Creed concert memory.

:eek: Ooooooooowwwww!

That definitely sounds like one painful Creed memory (literally)! Too bad they don't sell the Creed high for medical purposes.

hotforscott
02-21-2003, 09:58 PM
I know, I can think of a few things a Creed High could cure. I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing Creed.

Xterminator27
02-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Damn wacko people, theyd kill for things with sigs on em

hotforscott
02-22-2003, 12:10 PM
My pic wasn't even signed, it just was tossed out there and I never catch anything so I assumed someone did, but then I saw people looking at the floor and I looked down and it was 2 inches from my foot so I bent down to grab it and I get stepped on like crazy. There are a bunch of creeps at some shows, but usually I meet so many cool people that outweigh the jerks and wacko's!