Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Creed Research Paper [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Creed Research Paper

CollectiveSoul
02-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Yo Guys,

I need your help with school. Can someone find some book sources for me about Creed? I need them for a research paper im doing. Its gotta prove that Creed isn't like Pearl Jam. I have one book source. In Fact jsut make one. I have Creed from ZERO TO PLATINUM. can someone find another? I need it soon. I hope you can help.:D thanks!

Jon

P.S Before March

Steve
02-10-2003, 12:10 PM
I don't think there are many books about Creed. Try a search on Amazon.com .... or grab some backissues of RollingStone or other magazines.

CollectiveSoul
02-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Thanks Steve, CHANG OF PLANS! IM DOING ONE CALLED

CREED:CHRISTIAN OR NOT!@

souldancer
02-10-2003, 01:26 PM
I would refer to the mag articles and interviews as sources. Good luck and I am sure there are a few others that would like to see what you come up with. Is it strictly a written project? Cause if you could pull samples to compare music pieces - that would be fun and the students would appreciate the creativity and break! Sounds like you are already aware of those whose minds are already made up...just try to reach the ones in the middle. Good luck!

Lechium
02-10-2003, 01:39 PM
I think "is creed is like Pearl Jam" is an opinnion, rather than fact you can prove. They do have some points in common so dont even try. No hard prove there. creed is really not a good topic to make research paper about, cuz they are essentially a success sotry like any other good selling band. Not much to research there.
If you want a creed related topic try something like -- how image helps to sell records, and compare user friendly creed, to indie looking At The Drive-In who got barely any sales, and "screw image" Pearl Jam who sell like 20 times as less now, once such attitude is not popular anymore.

CollectiveSoul
02-10-2003, 03:50 PM
MIne has to persuade the reader to belive in something so mine is like "Creed has many varieties of music than just Christian based material" and explain why peopel think their christian and band responses to it and other stuff like that

hotforscott
02-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Do you have the Maximum Creed CD, it has information and interviews on it. I can burn it for you and send it to you if you would like. PM me your address if you would like it. I am not sure how much time you have.

I think JenRN has a book. I think she mentioned that in a thread once. I am not sure what she has, but she may could help you as well.

Carrie

Flip
02-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by CollectiveSoul
Yo Guys,

I need your help with school. Can someone find some book sources for me about Creed? I need them for a research paper im doing. Its gotta prove that Creed isn't like Pearl Jam. I have one book source. In Fact jsut make one. I have Creed from ZERO TO PLATINUM. can someone find another? I need it soon. I hope you can help.:D  thanks!

Jon

P.S Before March

Right my man, What to do id Send an e-mail to creed's agents explaing your prblem and they will help you.

Or go to creed .com and ask the webmaster

velocityidp
02-10-2003, 10:29 PM
They do have some points in common so dont even try. No hard prove there.

I agree that Stapp's vocal inflections do sound similar to Vedder's. But that's where the similarities end. Anyone who says that Pearl Jam's music sounds like Creed's either (1) doesn't listen to Creed's music (2) doesn't listen to PJ's music, or (3) doesn't listen to PJ or Creed's music. Their musical styles are very different.

cuz they are essentially a success sotry like any other good selling band. Not much to research there.

That's just not true... either you're not familiar with Creed's history, or you're ignoring facts. Creed quickly rose to fame based strictly on the merit of their music. They were not MTV or even VH1 wannabe moochers. They built a huge grassroots following based on exposure on the radio (an image-less medium) as well as their passionate live shows. Indeed, Creed is a sucess story that is very unique in the world of rock.

If you want a creed related topic try something like -- how image helps to sell records... and "screw image" Pearl Jam who sell like 20 times as less now, once such attitude is not popular anymore

Creed didn't build their following on image. Heck, when they first arrived with their historical first album, most people didn't even know what a single member of Creed looked like. And I tire of the "screw image" thing. Are you kidding? Don't you think Pearl Jam had an "image" that appealed to their fans? Of course they did -- grunge. They also portrayed that same type of *image* in their MTV videos, and VH1 videos. It helped them rise to fame.

If Pearl Jam was as commercially sucessfull as Creed is, would that diminish their music? What rule says that musicians must be only mildly sucessful before their music will be respected? What sense does that make?

hotforscott
02-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>I agree that Stapp's vocal inflections do sound similar to Vedder's. But that's where the similarities end. Anyone who says that Pearl Jam's music sounds like Creed's either (1) doesn't listen to Creed's music (2) doesn't listen to PJ's music, or (3) doesn't listen to PJ or Creed's music. Their musical styles are very different.

That's just not true... either you're not familiar with Creed's history, or you're ignoring facts. Creed quickly rose to fame based strictly on the merit of their music. They were not MTV or even VH1 wannabe moochers. They built a huge grassroots following based on exposure on the radio (an image-less medium) as well as their passionate live shows. Indeed, Creed is a sucess story that is very unique in the world of rock.

Creed didn't build their following on image. Heck, when they first arrived with their historical first album, most people didn't even know what a single member of Creed looked like. And I tire of the "screw image" thing. Are you kidding? Don't you think Pearl Jam had an "image" that appealed to their fans? Of course they did -- grunge. They also portrayed that same type of *image* in their MTV videos, and VH1 videos. It helped them rise to fame. &nbsp;

If Pearl Jam was as commercially sucessfull as Creed is, would that diminish their music? What rule says that musicians must be only mildly sucessful before their music will be respected? What sense does that make? </b>

Thank you Velocitydp. You put that perfectly! IMO though, Stapp and Vedder sound nothing alike though. I do agree with the rest.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Lechium,

Do you have to be so negative all the time? Every post you seem to reply to seem to put Creed down. We love having people stop by and join us in good conversation, even if we don't see eye to eye, but enough is enough bring a little friggin cheer to the board. If your not a fan of Creed why try to bring us down, I'll tell you right now if that's your plan your wasting your friggin time.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 01:35 AM
he is just a negative person it seems

Lechium
02-11-2003, 01:44 AM
What? Where? Why? Where did I put creed down?

I said you cannot PROVE that they sound different from PJ, cuz it's a metter of opinnion. I said that they sell a lot a lot due user friendly image, and this is the truth. Image means a lot. Lot more than music quality really as sales go. If creed dressed up like Marylin Manson they'd sell less records. If stapp was scrony skinny guy they'd sell less records. But hey if many girls didnt find Trent Reznor to be attractive than NIN would had sold less record too. Image sells. It's a fact. And creed got one that sells well. They're nice, sorta Christian, good looking guys with a positive message. A lot of more conservative people would let that in over Manson just based on looks. That's a fact. I'm not bringing anyoen down here, just commenting.

P.S. Matter of fact if I needed to write a research paper I'd have one about bands with image that sells (creed, NIN, etc) vs bands with image that doesnt (At The Drive-In, Pearl Jam, Tom Waits). Good topic really.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 01:48 AM
didn't you read what anyone wrote, people didn't even know what the band looked like or there names when My Own Prison was released and they had 4 #1 singles

Lechium
02-11-2003, 01:57 AM
To get top singels you need to get heavily promoted (fact). And noone will invest decent money in promotion if band does not have selling image. That's simple rule of business -- you make investments when they are safe.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 01:59 AM
they were not promoted heavily believe me and their small record label probably couldn't afford to

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:00 AM
P.S. 4 #1 singles off MOP? I fail to see that here (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=1:58:45|AM&sql=TP278625~C) (and this is a very reliabale source)

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:01 AM
maybe you aren't checking the Rock Charts, its common knowledge

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:01 AM
Wind Up are business partners with Sony. So they got money.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:02 AM
your sources are wrong my friend

Lechium
No I'm checking all charts there. Only one #1 song in Rock Charts. Just click the link.

Lechium
Well.. hard to belive that... but give me a reliabale/offcial one. Fan site wount do.

velocityidp
02-11-2003, 02:03 AM
To get top singels you need to get heavily promoted (fact)

Uhm, Creed was on an independent label when MOP first came out. Later, Wind-Up (recording industry newcomer) took them in. Creed was never heavily promoted back then. They got to that point based on a grassroots fanbase. That's precisely why Creed's fans are still there despite the media bashing.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:05 AM
he's arguing about stuff he has no knowledge of, it's sad

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Meadia doesn't bash them all that hard. I saw them perform at some big awards show. They get bad reviews, but creed is pissed of reviewer's dream.
There are a lot of bands with huge fanbases who get no attention from media, and yet cannto get any air play. Fugazi, comes to mind. So promotion does matter. And Wind Up is partenrs with Sony. That's a grip of money you know.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:09 AM
Creed was rejected by all the major record labels that's why they signed with Wind Up, they were Wind Up's first band. So it's doubtful Sony invested a lot of money into Creed

velocityidp
02-11-2003, 02:11 AM
I agree they are promoted a lot right now -- they have become a very popular band.

I'm talking about how they started out! That's what makes Creed's story so unique.

And as for media-bashing, I don't think you realize how much crap Creed gets. And for what?

Anyway, np... just wondering, do you like Creed's music (new or older stuff?)

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:11 AM
How do I have no knowlige. I give you charts databases, to prove that there were no 4 #1's, just one, but you ignore it. I tell you that Wind up are parteners with Sony (check it for yourself), and you keep on repetign they're independant and mall. I tell you that's it's all about promotiona and you say it's not...

Alright here's example of promotion in works. System Of A Down's "Chop Suey!". SOAD had major fanbase for a while. CS! was out as a single for TWO MONTHS before it had hit radio big. Why? Cuz single was released a while beofre album so they decided to stall the airplay till right before album release. Radio is all sold out (aside of college stations, and smaller ones). It's all about promotion.

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Well we're in no position to speculate how much money Sony invetsed into them, so I dunno. But dont assume.

And I obviously like older stuff. MOP was good. Downhill from there. Hell MOP was only album with good cover they had =)

velocityidp
02-11-2003, 02:16 AM
The point we're trying to get across to you is that they STARTED off very small without any amount of promotion. Almost completely grassroots.

And as for the MOP singles... Creed is the first and only band to have 4 singles in the top 10 simutaneously. They weren't all #1.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:18 AM
i look for "official information" but here is an article to look at for now

http://whatzup.com/Archives/cover110702.html

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:18 AM
OK... four in top 10 sounds real. Guess it was Dan who doesnt knwo what's he's talking about lol

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:21 AM
That wount do. Magaiznes make msitakes all the time. Reliabale databases are only thing that does really. www.allmusic.com (http://www.allmusic.com) is great for that stuff.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:23 AM
here is another one

more proof (http://www.bmi.com/musicworld/features/199911/creed.asp)

velocityidp
02-11-2003, 02:23 AM
Actually... I think he's right. I stand corrected. Those were all #1

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Nope. The link I gave gets its info directly from the Billboard. They are ones who make charts, they are ones I'm gonna trust over some magazine.

"Chart information courtesy of Billboard.com © 2002 VNU eMedia, Inc. All rights reserved." <---- this is unbeatable as chart info goes.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:27 AM
it's common knowledge, here's another look at the bottom

American Music Awards (http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/specials/ama/bios/creed/html)

velocityidp
02-11-2003, 02:27 AM
You'll see... prepare for bombardments of evidence!:D

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:29 AM
what kind of bug is up your ass Lechium, i'm guessing a June Bug, those are pretty big.

DangerousDan85
that last on didn't work oh well

Lechium
"Find what you're looking for on the abc.com homepage.
Still can't find your page? Check out our ABC shows list or the abc.com site map." <---- That's what your link gave me.

Evidence I will accept can come from only 2 sources: BILLBOARD and RIAA. They are ultimate authority here.

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:30 AM
What bug? All I ask for is that you suppor your statements by some valid evidence.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:34 AM
ok i'll look tomorrow it's getting late someone else will find info that is up to your standard. While you are in denial you might wanna see a doctor about that bug

Lechium
02-11-2003, 02:37 AM
I am just used to aguments where all cliams are backed up by evidence, sorry.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
02-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Lechium,

I bet you would argue with the Pope that Mary was not the mother of Jesus Christ.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 02:42 PM
he'd ask for proof :D

Lechium
02-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Well no. I would argue that it was Joseph (right? Marrys husband?) who was Jesuses dad, not God. No way they were married for quiet some time and never had sex. Bullshit.

DangerousDan85
02-11-2003, 04:16 PM
maybe he was impotent

Lechium
02-11-2003, 04:18 PM
No way she would had stayed with him than.

SJack5802
02-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
<b>I think "is creed is like Pearl Jam" is an opinnion, rather than fact you can prove. They do have some points in common so dont even try. No hard prove there. creed is really not a good topic to make research paper about, cuz they are essentially a success sotry like any other good selling band. Not much to research there.
If you want a creed related topic try something like -- how image helps to sell records, and compare user friendly creed, to indie looking At The Drive-In who got barely any sales, and "screw image" Pearl Jam who sell like 20 times as less now, once such attitude is not popular anymore. </b>

Your an complete idiot. Go make me a bologna sandwich.

hotforscott
02-17-2003, 09:13 PM
I am going to throw up at this thread. Lechium, WTF? I mean, seriously, why do you post here? You know NOTHING about Creed, you haven't even seemed happy since you have been here, you don't like their music. What gives? You seem to have no life whatsoever.

Dear God,
Please send Lechium a girlfriend soon, so he will leave us alone on the BB!

Thanks!

TeriB19
02-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Dear God,
Please send Lechium a girlfriend soon, so he will leave us alone on the BB! &nbsp;

Thanks! No, Carrie, thank YOU for making me fall off the chair laughing my butt off. So well put!!!!

hotforscott
02-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Thanks, you are very welcome.

JenRN
02-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I am going to throw up at this thread. Lechium, WTF? I mean, seriously, why do you post here? You know NOTHING about Creed, you haven't even seemed happy since you have been here, you don't like their music. What gives? You seem to have no life whatsoever.

Dear God,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Please send Lechium a girlfriend soon, so he will leave us alone on the BB! &nbsp;

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Thanks!

Carrie, MAN I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!:lol: :D

TeriB19
02-17-2003, 10:18 PM
ME TOO!!! Sorry for yelling, but I'm so glad you're back.

Dogstar
02-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Dear God, &nbsp;Please send Lechium a girlfriend soon, so he will leave us alone on the BB! &nbsp;Thanks!

LMFAO! Welcome back, Carrie!! :D

DangerousDan85
02-17-2003, 11:33 PM
i need a girlfriend also

Lechium
02-17-2003, 11:36 PM
heh we all do...

hotforscott
02-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Dan, I found something at work for you today. PM me your address and I will mail it to you tomorrow. I thought of you when I saw it. Let me know!

DangerousDan85
02-18-2003, 06:35 PM
what is it?

hotforscott
02-18-2003, 07:17 PM
It's this Star Wars Collectible deck of cards with Natalie on the box, and I think she's on the front of the cards as well, but it's not opened so I don't know. They are brand new, but they are being deleted so they were about to throw them out and I thought you might want them. It wouldn't cost anything to mail them to you. Let me know. It's a good picture of her, she's holding a gun.

DangerousDan85
02-18-2003, 07:43 PM
<----- like this

DangerousDan85
02-18-2003, 08:06 PM
i changed it again

hotforscott
02-18-2003, 09:41 PM
I do like that. Where did you get it?

DangerousDan85
02-18-2003, 09:49 PM
creed pit

hotforscott
02-20-2003, 06:39 AM
They have some pretty cool Av's over there. It seems a lot of people find some there.