Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
What do you think of the "war" against Iraq? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the "war" against Iraq?

Weathered
02-08-2003, 12:36 AM
So what do you all think? i was watching Oprah today well my mom had it on.....and they had a big debate/discussion over this. Before each commerical break...they showed some interviews with citizens from around the world.....most of them disagreed with the war...and said its just a fight b/t Bush and Hussein. A lot of interesting reasons and points were brought up by different people in the audience of the show too. Right now i cannot remember too many.But one of them was......Bush is hurrying into this, and hes doing things too fast with out enough evidence.

But....the point i agreed with: The longer we wait to go in to Iraq, the more time we give Hussein to make weapons and prepare attacks on us.

Another thing was: Why is the US the only country stopping all this and going in there. Many other countries are saying war is not the answer and that there is a peaceful way. The only reason war is the answer here is b/c we have been trying to make peace for 12 years i believe....and it hasnt worked. But like they said, why are we the only country going in. Were not the only country Iraq hates.

Especially on the war on terrorism. Thats against basically the whole world, and we were the only country who went into Afghanistan to stop their government.

The last thing im going to say is: another audience member on the show today said he was in Kuwait as a journilist or something like that, and he was captured by Iraq. He was in there for 6 weeks and didnt know if they would kill him or not. Some of the soldiers told him they did not want to kill him at all and hated Saddam. He said the majority of the secret police he spoke to over there were like that. But few others would have loved to kill him, but were advised not to. Then, the guys mother wrote Saddam Hussein a letter saying she sent her son over there to learn more about and respect the Arab world. She said that if you dont let him out, you are only harming yourself b/c he is trying to respect your world. He was released the next day.

Anyway, post your opinions. Please dont change the subject.

krzycreedbabe
02-08-2003, 12:45 AM
im pretty much against the whole war on Iraq, i beleive its only going to cause more problems...

Lady Valkyrie
02-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Blow them all up and let God sort them out. ;) J/K

jango
02-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Weathered
i was watching Oprah today  

Whoa... um... wow. Did you have a gun to your head?

Anyway, so as not to change the subject... the war on terror/iraq is a farce, plain and simple. I've spoken my peace about this subject, and won't bore you again, I'd rather let others voice their opinion.

Bridge of Clay
02-09-2003, 12:14 PM
hmmm...

my opinion is this war isnīt the best thing to US right now, not the way things are being done... this way will only increase the hate peopla have for US...

A couple weeks ago happened the World Social Forum, in the south of Brazil. Itīs outstanding to see how many people from all different countries hate US, and blame US for a lot of things.

And just to make it clear: I have nothing against USA. Itīs a country I admire. So, please, donīt feel offended by me and donīt start bashing me, ok?

:)

Lechium
02-09-2003, 04:47 PM
What does this have to do with faith or religion?

Lots of people will die for no reason... well according to Bible God has fondness for such type of activities, but aside of that I see no corrolation between war in Iraq and religions.

Bridge of Clay
02-09-2003, 06:18 PM
who said it does?

Lechium
02-09-2003, 06:37 PM
This thread is about war in Iraq and it is in Faith/Religion section of bbs.

jango
02-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Lechium
What does this have to do with faith or religion?

"Come to send, not condescend..." Eddie Vedder

I'd suggest that you attempt to incorporate faith/religion into the thread with your response. A reply that states "What does this have to do with (given topic)," serves no greater purpose than the supposedly misplaced thread.

However, there is a basis for this thread in this setting. Examine the war as it pertains to the region as a whole. Is there a greater religious conflict than the current Israeli-Palestinian struggle? I think not. A war with Iraq will only further escalate such hatred between christians and muslims in this region and perhaps abroad. This war with Iraq has incredible ramifications upon religion; moreso than any American war (save GWI) in the last hundred years.

This topic as a whole is extremely broad, and could be discussed in a multitude of settings, think before you speak.

Weathered
02-09-2003, 09:59 PM
what jango said.....but

the reason its in here is b/c this forum fits in best......you tell me how this topic would fit the band forum or music matters? see

anyway jango....like i said my mom had it on she watches it almost everyday and iwas bored had nothing to do and i heard them talking about this topic so i watched it

jango
02-09-2003, 10:01 PM

anyway jango....like i said my mom had it on she watches it almost everyday and iwas bored had nothing to do and i heard them talking about this topic so i watched it

Not a problem, just flipping ya crap. ;)

Weathered
02-09-2003, 10:10 PM
lol i know.....anyway back on the subject....sort of

my friend told me he read in the bible.....it said "when brother turns on brother, God will come return to Earth"

this means when we (USA) turns on Isreal....then God will come....that is kinda freaky...but no one knows when that will happen

creedfan47a
02-09-2003, 11:41 PM
Lots of people will die for no reason... well according to Bible God has fondness for such type of activities

Where the heck do you get that from???

Bridge of Clay
02-10-2003, 10:04 AM

this means when we (USA) turns on Isreal....then God will come....that is kinda freaky...but no one knows when that will happen

no, dude... I doubt thatīs the meaning...

"AND THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDON WILL BE PREACHED IN THE WHOLE WORLD AS A TESTIMONY TO ALL NATIONS, AND THE END WILL COME." - Matthew 24:14

We gotta study carefully the prophecies. Many signs will come: hunger, earthquakes, wars... but thatīs only the beggining of the end.

Some people say when USA quits "Church/State" separation and allies with the Roman Catholic Church is one of the most important signs.

Since I didnīt go to Theology School, I say once again that we gotta be careful when studying the Bible and listen to the Holy Ghostīs voice.

Lechium
02-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Bible was written by people. God inspired or not -- big question. So dont belive it word for word, or try to look for all answers there.

P.S. If Bible is the word of God, how can it be King James's version? =)

jango
02-10-2003, 07:23 PM
So dont belive it word for word, or try to look for all answers there.

So where do you get your answers? Or do you wander aimlessly with philosophical bs as your only alternative to reality?

Weathered
02-10-2003, 07:45 PM
King james version means king james wrote it in different words....he just used his own words...dont quote me on it i think thats what it is

and Marcos....im not sure ......my friend whos pretty religious told me about that with isreal...but yeah your right

Bridge of Clay
02-10-2003, 08:12 PM
No dudes!

King James translated Bible from Hebraic (sp?) to English. Of all translations of all languages, King Jamesī version is considered the best one.

The other versions you read were translated by different people, who used different words. Thatīs all.

Coz you know in Hebraic (sp?) a single word has lots of meanings, since there are only 13 letters in their alphabet. King James is complimented coz he really got the right expression.

Weathered
02-10-2003, 08:26 PM
ohhhhhhh i was close i think

Bridge of Clay
02-10-2003, 09:43 PM
yep, you were! :D

souldancer
02-11-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
Blow them all up and let God sort them out.  ;)  J/K Is it me? OK, maybe I am being overly sensitive, but I am not able to find humor in this...

Weathered
02-11-2003, 08:23 AM
where did she post that

krzycreedbabe
02-11-2003, 04:27 PM
she posted it here....but i agree SD, i didnt find any humor in that

Weathered
02-11-2003, 04:31 PM
oh ok.....well we all know she was j/k....she doesnt really think that

Bridge of Clay
02-11-2003, 09:42 PM
:confused: huh? I didnīt get it...

Weathered
02-11-2003, 10:41 PM
me niether lol

JenRN
02-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by souldancer
Is it me?  OK, maybe I am being overly sensitive, but I am not able to find humor in this...
thought the same thing!;)

souldancer
02-12-2003, 02:00 AM
Whatever our differences may be, in whether we should or should not be going to war with Iraq, the consequences of war include death, loss, and destruction of peoples' lives - that is a sad tragedy.

.......excellent message from Senator Byrd.
http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0212-07.htm

Lady Valkyrie
02-16-2003, 10:43 PM
Guys... ever hear of sarcasm? Do you guys actually believe that I want this war? Hell no I don't! However, sometimes, war is inevitable to keep peace and to keep things... much worse things from happening in the future. I am in therapy because of the mental disorders that I have told a lot of you about already... for those who do not know I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar Disorder and have to take medicines and go through therapy for. In recent weeks I've had to literally stop watching the news... I would suffer awful panic and anxiety attacks. Also my boyfriend is a trucker and transports things to military bases all over the east coast. This last trip he made he told me that the base was nearly deserted.... in 10 hours that he was there he only seen maybe 12 people. I think we all can guess where they all are. War is inevitable in my opinion. And when I made that opinion I was really joking... in a dark sarcastic kind of way. I never meant to offend... sorry.

Lady Valkyrie
02-16-2003, 10:47 PM
No one ever protested when clinton took our soldiers to Bosnia and Samalia now did they?

Lady Valkyrie
02-16-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry but I am getting real sick and tired of all this administration bashing and that's all Byrd and others of his kind does.

Let someone like Clinton take our soldiers to Bosnia and Samalia(where the US got their butts royally kicked), and let him over spend out the ying-yang, and let him act all cool and hip on Arsenio, and get his penis sucked behind closed doors by someone other than his wife and he is praised.

Let someone like Bush bring back dignity, strength and leadership back into the Whitehouse and let him stand up against terrorism and he's bashed.

This really, SUCKS!

I'm not conveying this to anyone in particular... I'm just venting... I'm sorry...:crying:

souldancer
02-17-2003, 02:37 AM
War is not inevitable - in my opinion.

I have a lot I would like to comment on right now - but it's late.

Your venting is probably good for you Lady V.

krzycreedbabe
02-17-2003, 01:44 PM
i personally think going to war with Iraq isnt the smartest choice we can make right now.. i beleive its only going to cause more harm ..

ANYWAYS! on a MUCH lighter note..i stumbled upon this link..please dont take any offense towards it..just a small joke about this whole ordeal..
http://www.idleworm.com/nws/2002/11/iraq2.shtml

Siana
02-20-2003, 08:51 AM
i could never call a war is the smartest choice to make....what would happen if every country solve their problems by means of war??
Diplomacy is for this,for solving problems...a war should be last in the list with the probable solutions.

John 3:16
02-20-2003, 06:10 PM
Or how about when Clinton dropped more bombs on Iraq in 98 than the whole gulf war and without going to the UN. Where was everyone then?

How about that Clinton is on the record as saying that the US may have to take him out because of the danger he possesses?

Fact is no one wants war not even our President but he has an obligation to protect our country and the citizens of this country and as an allie of Israel, we are also obligated to help defend them.

There isn't anyone on this earth at this moment who disagree's that Saddam must go but no one has the solution besides war. He has violated all UN resolutions since he signed the peace treaty that ended the gulf war. If it doesn't get enforced now do you want to wait until he is completely nuclear and then try to disarm him?

Is it not better to disarm him now before he has more time for his plan to rid the world of Jews and America?

If 9/11 could have been prevented would you rather have prevented it?

If Saddam is allowed to continue with no accountability what he will do to this world and our country will make 9/11 look like a picnic.

Sometimes the difficult decision must be made to use force. Personally, I would rather do it now then wait for a worse scenario than 9/11 and then have everyone crying and wringing their hands asking why nothing was done to prevent it.

John

JenRN
02-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Right on John!!! I TOTALLY agree with all you said!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bridge of Clay
02-21-2003, 10:21 PM
that gulf war 2 is funny!

hey, help me refresh my memory coz I donīt remember 98... seriously, Iīm not being sarcastic.

As far as I remember, I donīt know the reason CLinton attacked Iraq... it was about the same time the M Lewinskyīs scandal happened?

But one thing Iīm sure! that wasnīt an announced war... donīt remember all the protesting we see today...

souldancer
02-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by John 3:16
.. our President but he has an obligation to protect our country and the citizens of this country and as an allie of Israel, we are also obligated to help defend them.
There isn't anyone on this earth at this moment who disagree's that Saddam must go but no one has the solution besides war.  
????...
Jesus was one of the great peacemakers - and talked about building bridges....
I believe that human beings, this day and age CAN find other ways IF they choose to.

Anonymous
02-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Ok, i am new to this site so work w/ me here. this is going to be long, but i have great points. read this. btw this anonymous speaking. send feed back.

it so ticks me off when people like all u out there say that going to was w/ iraq is the worst thing in the world. u say that bush only wants the oil and he only want to kill saddam because he is in the way of him getting the oil. B.S.!!!!!!!! If bush onoy wanted the oil, don'yt u think that he would have done it already?????!!!!!!!!!!11

I found this quote on the treads: Bush is hurrying into this, and hes doing things too fast with out enough evidence.

B.S.!!!!!!! Bush has the best evidence in the world! saddam killed his own family!!!! his own people!!!!! he is a dictator and must be taken out. he treatens thw world w/ his arsonal and has not second thought about using them.

all you say that bush is screwing around not getting the U.N.s approval. B.S.!!!!!! what has he been trying to do?!? the fact is that he does not need u.n. approval. all u liberals out there say that bush has to go about all the technicallities or else he just want to bomb iraq for his own gain.

oh btw, when Clinton went over to iraq and bomed them in the early '90s did he get u.n. approval? absolutely not. what about when he sent pour troops so bosnea? heck no. he never got u.n. approval. why do all u people bad - mouth bush when he gets u.n. approval, but cheer clinton on when he doesn't u.n. approval. u liberals and democrats contradict yourselves. it makes me sick!!!!!!!!

(btw if u havent guessed by now i am a republican and one w/ the facts.)

I found this quote on there too: Many other countries are saying war is not the answer and that there is a peaceful way.

We have been doing that since the gulf war. What has come of it?????!!!!!!! nothing!!!!!!!!!! The only answer is to go and bomb them!!!!!!! saddam is a wicked man bent over his own pride. he actually thinks that is good to kill his own family and people!!!!!!!! what more evidence do you need?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krzycreedbabe said that the war in iraq is only going to cause more problems. email me and tell me what problems. by getting rid of saddam, he will make this world more peacefull.

I found this quoteon there 2: P.S. If Bible is the word of God, how can it be King James's version? =) moron. is is still the bible.onoly translated by king james!!! think man think!

gosh I have said so much and not even barely scratched the surface. emauil me to continue the discussion - thenemesis@ev1.net

-- anonymous

Dogstar
02-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Anonymous, I shouldn't even dignify your post with a response, but I will. You are a misinformed Republican who has bought into the propaganda machine that is the Bush administration.

Btw, welcome to the board...It's a great place for Creed fans!

creedfan47a
02-22-2003, 12:25 AM
I have just one little comment to make on your post. You say things like "it so ticks me off when people like all u out there..." and "all you say that...". If you had read all the posts on this topic, including the one called "Iraq" in Chat O Rama, you would see that we all have differing opinions. It is ignorant of you to lump us all into one mindless category for the purposes of your post.

You also say "u liberals and democrats contradict yourselves. it makes me sick!!!!!!!!" You don't know anything about any of us, and it is rude and presumptuous of you to think that you do.

souldancer
02-22-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Anonymous, I shouldn't even dignify your post with a response, but I will. You are a misinformed Republican who has bought into the propaganda machine that is the Bush administration.

Btw, welcome to the board...It's a great place for Creed fans! :angel:

Anonymous
02-22-2003, 11:32 AM
thanks for the welcom........

prove that i am a misinformed republican. there is no propaganda. they are proven facts. every time rush limbaugh interviews democrats and republicans their argument falls too pieces. it doesn't even hold water. bill o'riley always wins his arguments. the republicans are not driven by power as the democrats are. the democrats care nothing for the country. clintons own word were "I loath the government." he did not say "hate", but "loathe."

did u even read my arguemnt about clinton not asking for the u.n.s approval when he went to bosnea and iraq on 2 seperate occasions? the democrats will beat bush to a pulpbewcasue he did not want to gewt u.n. approval, but will conveniently forget that their "great president clinton" did not get u.n.s approval on 2 seperate occaisions but rather just flew in our troops and told them to fight. What about that? give me a worth wile response. you cant.

what is your arguement? in ur response u have only told me to get lost and that I don;'t know what Iam talking about. ytou have not brought me your arguement. sent it to me. convince me that you are right. you have not told me anything.

if u do noit respond, I and everyone else here will consider you a nothing. u have done nothing to prove that your way of thinking is correct so do so.

thenenemsis@ev1.net

-- anonymous

N30°14'?.7 W84° - you are totally right the onky reason that he attacted iraq in the earkly 90s was to get the attention off of himself. why? becasue of the monica scandal. he did have that scandal. he lied to a grand jury about it. but what happenedto him? nothing. becasue the liberals dsay that evry one makes mistakes and should be forgiven. Well when their daughters get raped and murdered I bet they won;t say that then. there was no protesting. they sup[ported the big liberal,but protested bush when he is doing the exact same thing.

john 3:16 - you are right about it all. clinton onyl did all that to get the attention off of himselfbecause he knew that he did something wrong and he tried to cover it up. he lied to a grand jury about it. he addmitted it. right again. why wait for a bigger 9/11 to happen? the next one might be a a - bomd on washington. we don't know. no body want to go to war,war is just the only way. it will result in a lot of death,but maybe that is what needto happen for people to realize that this iswhat we need to do.

Lady Valkyrie - so are u with me or against me?

Siana - diplomacy. we've done that ever since the end of the gulf war. what are we doingroight now>? send inspectiors opver there and he is still not cooperationg.he killed his own family. diplomacy is a good thing, but it is not going to work in this scenerio.

of cousew war is sad, but we have been doing the "diplomacy thig for freakin 11 years. it is not working. he have to manually take him out. death is a bad thing,but in this case there is nothing else to do but go to war.

hey all you out there, i don't mean to come acrossasa holier then thou person,or a in your face guy, i just am stating facts and fact wich none of the liberals oputther have responded.

please preply to this. on the boards or at my personal email - thenemesis@ev1.net

-- anonymous

Dogstar
02-22-2003, 10:41 PM
what is your arguement? in ur response u have only told me to get lost and that I don;'t know what Iam talking about. ytou have not brought me your arguement. sent it to me. convince me that you are right. you have not told me anything.  

I and many others have posted our views on this matter in previous threads. I know you are new, but I am not going to repeat myself, so you'll have to go looking for them. Some are in the chat-o-rama forum, others are in this forum. I don't remember which ones exactly, but they are there. You will have to manually search for them as the site's search function is disabled at the moment. Sorry.

Oh, and I did not tell you to get lost. I welcomed you as a Creed fan. I don't have to agree with your politics.

Dogstar
02-22-2003, 10:43 PM
if u do noit respond, I and everyone else here will consider you a nothing. u have done nothing to prove that your way of thinking is correct so do so.

You and whose army? I don't THINK so.

TeriB19
02-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Anonymous

Who are you to speak for "everyone else here"? Dogstar has been posting here for ages, you've just come onto the board. You cannot speak for anyone but yourself, and I would appreciate if you'd learn that quick. At this point, you are the only one here that is considered a "nothing" with your blanket statements and your bashing a regular member. You may want to stick around awhile and learn the ropes, or you may want to leave, your choice. But DO NOT speak for me or for anyone else on this bb.

Bridge of Clay
02-23-2003, 01:36 AM
liberals rock! :D I mean, theyīre better than communists and leftists, right?

But dude, once youīre new to a place, go easy... not the way you just did otherwise youīre gonna cause trouble. I hope thatīs not your intention.

Iīll tell you something:
The so called proofs that Colin Powell presented didnīt convince the rest of the world nor a share of America.

the republicans are not driven by power as the democrats are
what????????? are you blind? once youīre a politician, youīre driven by power. it doesnīt matter the part youīre in. and to non-americans, your statement above seems very far to what is happening today.

I donīt remember people protesting against Clinton as they protest again Bush. I do think he may have rushed the war, I do think diplomacy is the best way, but learning the point of view of some people here really made me think twice about the war. Maybe itīs necessary, indeed.

But I think before bombing, US should have worked more in getting other nationsī support. You said a war wonīt cause more trouble, just think: bombing Iraq will breed and increase the hate for USA in Middle-East, more people will be willing to die for a cause (or what they call "holy war")so more terrorist attacks may happen, more innocent people will die and you if Saddam is ousted, a even worse person MAY get his place... just for the record: no, I dislike Saddam too and I agree his a dictator.

Dogstar
02-23-2003, 01:42 AM
what????????? are you blind? once youīre a politician, youīre driven by power. it doesnīt matter the part youīre in. and to non-americans, your statement above seems very far to what is happening today

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

souldancer
02-23-2003, 03:40 AM
convince me that you are right. you have not told me anything.  

WOW..is there any doubt that this a@@ is for war - proven with his vile words and presumptious remarks - with demands and power play on a rock band bulletin board?! Facts don't mean shit -without knowing sources. And, who do you think you are that we have to prove anything to you - and calling us 'nothing'! Individuals here have expressed a range of views and opinions based on their backgrounds and values - I respect that - but I have NO respect for self-righteous posters that spout off their adolescent 'prove this' mentality. Your nasty remarks to my fellow CFers are not appreciated. What brought you to this board anyway? I don't feel I need to prove my way of thinking is correct - because it is only mine. There is no correct one. But, my voice says power to the people for critical free thinking and action - and be wary of the real terrors in this country which are apathy and people acting like sheep! You can go ahead and give me a friggin label - a democrat, green, liberal, independent, leftist, hipppy, conservative, socialist - I don't care about labels.
Excuse me while I go listen to Ode...

Dogstar
02-23-2003, 04:20 AM
Damn, SD, you said it!!!

Sheila63
02-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Way to go, souldancer!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bridge of Clay
02-23-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by creedfan63
Way to go, souldancer!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

:D

;) all right!

Siana
02-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Anonymous-do you know the great difference between the diplomacy led by Clinton and the 1 by Bush?Bush use diplomacy as a way to war.This is my opinion,sorry,don't wanna offend any1,but Bush is US's worst president

John 3:16
02-24-2003, 06:04 PM
????...
Jesus was one of the great peacemakers - and talked about building bridges....
I believe that human beings, this day and age CAN find other ways IF they choose to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romans 13 :: New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Listen to this Printer-Friendly Page Bookmark this Page
Previous chapter | This chapter | Next chapter

Romans 13

Be Subject to Government

1 Every (1) person is to be in (2) subjection to the governing authorities. For (3) there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For (4) rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an (5) avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also (6) for conscience' sake.
6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing.
7 (7) Render to all what is due them: (8) tax to whom tax is due; (9) custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor

SCOTTSMYMAN
02-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Have to agree with Siana on Bush. Thought I was the only one besides my hubby. It's like he's trying to make up for his fathers mistakes.
:(

Xterminator27
02-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Bush blows,
America could do great thinsg with its 300 Trillion Bucks a year, Much better things than maken bombs and jets... things like, solving world hungar.

souldancer
02-25-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Xterminator27
America could do great thinsg with its 300 Trillion Bucks a year, Much better things than maken bombs and jets... things like, solving world hungar. Damn right!

souldancer
02-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by John 3:16
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Romans 13 :: New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Listen to this  Printer-Friendly Page  Bookmark this Page
Previous chapter | This chapter | Next chapter
Romans 13
Be Subject to Government

I don't know how to quote the Bible - it's interpretated in many ways and translated in a different time, culture, and language. I believe that Jesus was a great teacher who modeled love, peace and forgiveness.

But, I can stretch, so just once, for you, I did browse and found that I related with James 3:13-18.

"Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? Let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descends not from above, but is earthly, sensual and devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is the first, pure , then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace."

Bridge of Clay
02-25-2003, 12:37 PM
Last night, I was watching the news on TV. A channel sent some reporters to Iraq.

They showed a guy with Brazilīs soccer team jersey, which I thought it was pretty cool. I mean, theyīre in Iraq, right? (not the team...) Then they interviewed some kids, they knew the names of all players who won the World Cup, last year. Even the ones who arenīt that famous. I was astonished (sp?).

Iīm so sorry for those people and kids. I thought they live in a completely separated world, but I was wrong. I do agree theyīre brainwashed about some matters. They suffer a lot.

I keep thinking Saddam should be ousted, but Iīm sorry itīs impossible in a war that a innocent doesnīt die. Poor fellows, they have no guilty.

jango
02-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Ok, i am new to this site so work w/ me here. this is going to be long, but i have great points. read this. btw this anonymous speaking. send feed back.

--  anonymous

The dumb rat bastard revolution continues!!!

it so ticks me off when people like all u out there say that going to was w/ iraq is the worst thing in the world. u say that bush only wants the oil and he only want to kill saddam because he is in the way of him getting the oil. B.S.!!!!!!!! If bush onoy wanted the oil, don'yt u think that he would have done it already?????!!!!!!!!!!11

Bush was born in oil, he had it spewing from his mouth when he was born. If it's not for oil, then answer me this: you are given two aggressive countries, one has no nukes but oil, the other has nukes but no oil. Who do you attack/bomb and who do you ignore? You're idiotic if you can't see this. :rolleyes:

B.S.!!!!!!! Bush has the best evidence in the world! saddam killed his own family!!!! his own people!!!!! he is a dictator and must be taken out. he treatens thw world w/ his arsonal and has not second thought about using them.

Bush has absolutely no proof. Just this past year, the CIA, and every other agency in the United States government deemed that Iraq posed no threat to the United States... at all. Ritter, a former UN inspector, has stated that Iraq poses NO threat. Bush has zero evidence for any claims. We cannot attack a country simply because they just might have weapons of mass destruction. Israel has done just about everything Iraq has, so should we attack them as well?

all you say that bush is screwing around not getting the U.N.s approval. B.S.!!!!!! what has he been trying to do?!? the fact is that he does not need u.n. approval. all u liberals out there say that bush has to go about all the technicallities or else he just want to bomb iraq for his own gain.

Oh, so we don't care what the world thinks, we'll gladly alienate ourselves from our allies, all in the name of oil! :rolleyes:

oh btw, when Clinton went over to iraq and bomed them in the early '90s did he get u.n. approval? absolutely not. what about when he sent pour troops so bosnea? heck no. he never got u.n. approval. why do all u people bad - mouth bush when he gets u.n. approval, but cheer clinton on when he doesn't u.n. approval. u liberals and democrats contradict yourselves. it makes me sick!!!!!!!![/b]

Clinton had far more evidence and backing for what he did. Granted, it may have been hasty, but do two wrongs make a right? Not to mention, I don't know if I've said this yet, Bush has NO evidence. Conservatives so willing to kill innocent civilians makes me sick. "The only difference between a terrorist and freedom fighter is what side you're on."

(btw if u havent guessed by now i am a republican and one w/ the facts.)

You have no facts. Sorry, try again.

We have been doing that since the gulf war. What has come of it?????!!!!!!! nothing!!!!!!!!!! The only answer is to go and bomb them!!!!!!! saddam is a wicked man bent over his own pride. he actually thinks that is good to kill his own family and people!!!!!!!! what more evidence do you need?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Here's the lack of facts. Prior to 9/11, Colin Powell had masterfully engineered a system and philosophy to contain Iraq, that was working wonderfully. Following 9/11, Bush uses his newfound popularity, contrives lies and deceives the American people, screwing up Powell's work. Get your facts straight before you post your opinions, please, I don't have time for this.

krzycreedbabe said that the war in iraq is only going to cause more problems. email me and tell me what problems. by getting rid of saddam, he will make this world more peacefull.

No, no it won't. By doing so, we disrupt the Middle East to a disturbing degree, as if it weren't volatile enough! Not only that, we put what allies we do have in the area at serious risk. Diplomacy prevents this from happening.

Think before you post.

jango
02-25-2003, 08:37 PM

-- anonymous

Lay off the aggression or leave. No one owes you an explanation for anything. Learn to spell, you're killing me here.

Perhaps if you gained an education, reversed the brainwashing, etc, you might sound intelligent! Otherwise, your "arguments" pose nothing new. Here's an idea: generate your OWN opinions, don't let Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh do it for you. Watch Donahue, he's a liberal, and he always "wins" his debates... does that make it right? No, it's an opinion, but your elitist nature just makes you a rat bastard.

Siana
02-26-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°

Iīm so sorry for those people and kids. I thought they live in a completely separated world, but I was wrong. I do agree theyīre brainwashed about some matters. They suffer a lot.

I keep thinking Saddam should be ousted, but Iīm sorry itīs impossible in a war that a innocent doesnīt die. Poor fellows, they have no guilty.

I agree with you!

it's the same like the war on terror against Afganistan.There were killed innocent ppl,but Osama is safe and sound...still....hope not 4 long

Anonymous
02-26-2003, 10:29 AM
thanks.

is is always sad when innocent people di. but it is what we have to do.it is a part of life.I am not saying by no means that I don't careabout the innocent.i carea lot.but saddam has to be taken out.thereis no way getting around it.

-- anonymous

Bridge of Clay
02-26-2003, 02:05 PM
uhm... the "thatīs a thing we have to do" didnīt sound really good...

jango
02-26-2003, 04:44 PM
thanks.

is is always sad when innocent people di. but it is what we have to do.it is a part of life.I am not saying by no means that I don't careabout the innocent.i carea lot.but saddam has to be taken out.thereis no way getting around it.

-- anonymous

No, there is no proof that he should be taken out more than any other leader, moreso that we have to do it. Can't your mind fathom the implications of a pre-emptive foreign attack policy?

Aimee
03-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Learn to spell, you're killing me here.

People will think that you're a pretty fart smeller if you do!
I mean, smart feller.

Dogstar
03-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Aimee
People will think that you're a pretty fart smeller if you do!
I mean, smart feller.

:P :D

HigherGirl
03-15-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm really confused on it right now...sometimes I don't want to see war, But then sometimes I'm afraid we'll be attacked if we don't go in....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bridge of Clay
03-15-2003, 10:36 PM
a few considerations of mine:

1. Bush and Tony Blair arenīt dealing with it the right way.
2. UN has to be respected. By both sides: US and Iraq.
3. France doesnīt support it coz they have business with Iraq.
4. Not the right time to begin a war.
5. Saddam is nuts.
6. Saddam has to be ousted.
7. I agree with the war, but not in the way is being done.
8. USA have the right to defend each other.
9. Hate for US will grow in Middle-East.
10. Iraq has to cooperate.
11. It will ruin the recuperation of worldīs economy.

MTVīs Confronting Iraq:
reporter interviews 3 boys in Iraq who like american pop artists. She asks: Whatīs your personal opinion on the WTC attacks:
Boy: They deserved it!

If they think like that, so I guess it should be eye for an eye. Bomb them and tell me their opinion. Ask them if it the civilians who die in this bombing deserved it.

Itīs hard to be Christian some times. I canīt admit someone saying something like that.

On the other hand, quote from CSI:
Grissom: Eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

Siana
03-18-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by HigherGirl
I'm really confused on it right now...sometimes I don't want to see war, But then sometimes I'm afraid we'll be attacked if we don't go in....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

why you began to be scared from Saddam just after 11.09?He was there all the time,why US had to wait till now and didn't do anything against his regime before?

JenRN
03-18-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Siana
why you began to be scared from Saddam just after 11.09?He was there all the time,why US had to wait till now and didn't do anything against his regime before?
Actually we have been "dealing" with him for the last 10 years since desert storm in 1991! Saddam is satan himself, they actually have tapes of him killing his own people, sodomizing young boys, raping young girls and assasinating people in the streets over "not supporting him" Even Bill Clinton sent scud missles over there awhile back, it just seems with all the terrorism it has all reached a "head" now and George Bush it gonna cut off the head!

Siana
03-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Hope Saddam's regime will be over soon!

RMadd
08-05-2003, 12:46 AM
I support the war (well now, the war itself is over, but I also support the placement of troops in Iraq until Saddam is completely gone and a steady government is in place). It is a duty, more or less, that the United States has taken upon itself as the only remaining superpower in the world. If the United States were to have been an isolationist nation, as it was prior to the first world war (when it was NOT a superpower), many nations would complain about the Americans' lack of care for foreign governments and what have you. Many Middle-Easterners hate the United States for many reasons. I will admit that one is the government's seemingly brash treatment of other nations. But it seems to me that citizens of foreign nations, particularly those of 'developing nations' (the p.c. term for 'third world') despise the United States more for its pitiful moral state. They abhor the way we 'flaunt' our wealth (which, for them, could be considered a family owning 2 or 3 cars; for us, it is a necessity, a way of life; it also seems the media exacerbates the problem by making it seem as though all Americans live in great excess). Anyway, W is merely finishing the job his father did not do (though the US' task in the first Gulf War was to drive the imperisalistic Iraqis from Kuwait and not to remove Saddam) and Clinton had little care about (save for a very brief bombing campaign sometime around '98). W's got the balls to go after this heinous dictator. We've seen Iraqi soldiers surrenduring and thanking the US for its mission to liberate the country; citizens cheering on coalition forces. Obviously some parts of Iraq are more opposed to occupation than others. The largely left-wing media, however, overplays the negative responses, 'tricking' Americans into thinking no help is welcome. Rather, Iraqis now enjoy more freedom than they ever did under Saddam; those who wish for his old regime are foolish to do so.

souldancer
08-05-2003, 02:10 AM
I supported Clinton and support Peace.

bgivens33
08-05-2003, 02:48 PM
BearFan... all that you said sounds great, but I don't think you answered the one big question... What gives us the right to go in there? You said "is a duty, more or less, that the United States has taken upon itself as the only remaining superpower in the world", which makes sense, but on the same page, what if Iraq imposed a duty on itself to rid the world of Christianity. There is no question that Saddam is quite the monster, but, I am more interested in domestic problems than going into iraq on a WMD scavenger hunt.

bgivens33
08-05-2003, 02:49 PM
I supported Clinton and support Peace.

Than I guess you would have rather our country still be apart of Great Britain and the South it's own nation. And Pearl Harbor??? Why don't we just wait for Japan to send us an apology note.

RMadd
08-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by bgivens33
<b>BearFan... all that you said sounds great, but I don't think you answered the one big question... What gives us the right to go in there? &nbsp;You said "is a duty, more or less, that the United States has taken upon itself as the only remaining superpower in the world", which makes sense, but on the same page, what if Iraq imposed a duty on itself to rid the world of Christianity. &nbsp;There is no question that Saddam is quite the monster, but, I am more interested in domestic problems than going into iraq on a WMD scavenger hunt. </b>

I would not say the US has any specific right to do so, if you mean "right" by something like the Bill of Rights. But in the modern non-isolationist world, one or two countries (namely the US and Britain) are needed to act as global policemen. I know that's what the UN's intent is, but it has proven to be mildly ineffective in recent years. The US felt the UN was not acting quickly or urgently enough with regard to the potential consequences if Saddam would have remained in power for as long as the UN wanted to complete the thorough inspections. So the US, Britain, and many many other nations that pledged support took it upon themselves to depose Saddam. I think you may have pointed out one difference, bgivens. The US is not on a mission to rid the world of Islam; if it were, I, for one, would not support such actions, though I consider myself a devout Christian. The war on terror appears to be such, but that is because most military and government intelligence has indicated Islamic extremists (not ALL Muslims) are perpetrating acts of evil. Now, perhaps if Iraq were the only superpower remaining in the modern world (and the US was one of its inferiors) and the US had a crazed dictator in power that, just for shits and giggles (and as an act of defiance), set fire to oil reservoirs and killed millions of innocent Americans then, yes, I WOULD support Iraqi intervention. But the point regarding religion is moot, as the US is not intending to pose its most common religion upon non-Christian states. And it is possible to maintain both domestic foreign policies at the same time. The federal government, in light of the 9/11 attacks, has restructured parts of the gov't to make it more effective in dealing with potential threats both here and abroad. Tax cuts (yes, there are greater cuts for the wealthy, but people overlook the fact that everyone saves money). But you are wise to disaffirm Clinton and his "peace" (read: sitting around in the Oval Office doing who knows what?).
Clinton did little with regard to significant foreign or domestic policy. In my opinion, he road on the coattails (is that phrase appropriate here?) of the booming economy that he had little to do with (economies run in cycles); didn't do a whole lot to pressure Saddam, as I've already said. He just got lucky, that's all.

ZION1010
08-06-2003, 12:15 AM
HERES what i THINK.>>WHEN YE SHALL SEE ALL THESE THINGS KNOW THAT IT IS NEAR EVEN AT THE DOORS>>MATH.24V>>33 CAN YOU SEE THE SIGNS NOW CAN YOU SEE THEME>>FOR MANY SHALL COME IN MY NAME SAYING IAM CHRIST tbn TAKE HEED THAT KNOW MAN DECIVE YOU CAN YOU SEE THEME NOW..YE SHALL HEAR OF WARS AND RUMURS OF WARS>> THIS WAR WAS THE LAST>>FOR THOSE OF YOU GOT A EAR LET THEME HEAR FOR THOSE YOU THAT HAVE AN EYE LET THEME SEE THE SIGHNS NOW

ZION1010
08-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Okay

Torn Signs
08-08-2003, 01:24 PM
I will just answer the question w/o arguing, I will just say that what happened happened and no matter what we do we can't go back in the past and save those lives that were lost. Either way if we did or didn't go into Iraq, lives would've been lost, I'll keep my real opinion to myself thank you.

Torn Signs
08-08-2003, 01:25 PM
but in all of this God did have his reasons, so what happened may have happened for a good reason-sorry for spamming