Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Any Chili Pepper fans? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Any Chili Pepper fans?

JenRN
02-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Are any of you Chili Pepper fans? I myself like them, have liked them since the early 90's when Blood,Sugar,Sex, Magic came out!!!! I like them when I want a little different flavor of music. I have By the Way as well as the rest of thier Cd's!!!! Maybe I just have a thing for Cherokee men with tattoo's.:rolleyes: ;) I would love to see them live, Anthony Kiedas has so much energy!!!!!!!:bounce:

hotforscott
02-01-2003, 09:36 PM
I liked them in the early 90's and then kind of forgot about them, but now there new songs that have been coming out, I just love. I just got their new CD last Friday.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-01-2003, 09:36 PM
shouldn't this be in the Music section????:confused:

TeriB19
02-01-2003, 09:39 PM
With apologies to GGG I've never been a big fan. Sorry.

JenRN
02-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by TremontiWanaB
shouldn't this be in the Music section????:confused:
Ah Sorry, long day at work for me:embarass:

Dogstar
02-02-2003, 12:01 AM
I like them, even went to see them, but I have yet to buy a CD...I know many of their songs, though, and I like the new stuff. I'm going CD shopping soon, I think, and might just pick up By the Way.

DangerousDan85
02-02-2003, 12:21 AM
I've never liked them

luvscott4ever
02-02-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm not a fan either, although I do like the one song I keep hearing on the radio, all I remember from it is something about going to the Shindig!! hahaha, that cracks me up!! My daughter and I heard it the other night on our way out to dinner with my mom and we got that dam song stuck in our heads, made us laugh!! Nothing like mother/daughter bonding thru music!! lol...But seriously, it has brought us closer together, not that we haven't always been close (she's like a best friend to me) but it's nice to have the same likes in bands and a love for music!! :rockon: :jam:

Dogstar
02-02-2003, 12:43 AM
You know it, Luvscott! My mom and I are WORLDS apart on music. It doesn't mean the same to her as it does to me. My sis and I, though, are music junkies :D.

luvscott4ever
02-02-2003, 12:50 AM
That's just like me and Anna DS, we can't live without our music...It's really funny, neither of us can go anywhere, even if it's a 5 minute drive to the store without bringing our radio's with and cranking on the tunes...We both love music sooo much, we've been pretty bummed lately with no concerts on our plates..we went to so many last year, I think we're both going thru withdrawl!! lol..We were REALLY mad when we found out that Audioslave was going to be here the day we leave for our cruise..but the show sold out almost instantly!! So we console ourselves by thinking we wouldn't have gotten tickets anyways!!

Dogstar
02-02-2003, 02:52 AM
That's so like my sis and me. The minute we go anywhere together, a CD goes in the player! And today, I was so rushed going to meet my friends for a hockey game that I forgot to bring my portable CD player and CDs so I could have music at work later. I was cranky all night! As I type this, Creed is blasting in my ears....Talk about withdrawal! I know what you mean about concerts. I'm going to Audioslave on March 7th and I just found out Live is coming to a university near me on March 28th, which is another Friday. I"m so bummed it's on a Friday. I got the 7th off for Audioslave, but I can't ask for another Friday that month; my boss would flip out, I'm sure, LOL...He's been pretty good to me so far, and I don't want to push it! :D. But I wanna see Live:crying: . I'm also going to see Pearl Jam in April! So I'm going to get my live music fixes :D!

hayley
02-02-2003, 02:59 AM
They are alright....not that good but just ok:P

JenRN
02-02-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by luvscott4ever
I'm not a fan either, although I do like the one song I keep hearing on the radio, all I remember from it is something about going to the Shindig!!  hahaha, that cracks me up!!  My daughter and I heard it the other night on our way out to dinner with my mom and we got that dam song stuck in our heads, made us laugh!!  Nothing like mother/daughter bonding thru music!! lol...But seriously, it has brought us closer together, not that we haven't always been close (she's like a best friend to me) but it's nice to have the same likes in bands and a love for music!!  :rockon:  :jam:
The song you are talking about is "Can't Stop" the video is nuts:silly: You sound like such an awesome mom!!!! Anna is lucky!:D

hotforscott
02-02-2003, 08:29 PM
She does sound like an awesome Mom. I cannot wait to meet you.

Lechium
02-04-2003, 04:59 AM
You know what RHCP did to Mr. Bungle? I've boycotted them since than.

JenRN
02-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Lechium
You know what RHCP did to Mr. Bungle? I've boycotted them since than.
What?:confused:

Dogstar
02-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Jen, Anthony Kiedis got Mr. Bungle booted off a bunch of European festivals a few years ago. RHCP, or Kiedis, got ticked at Mr. Bungle over their album title, California, which came out around the same time as RHCP's Californication. Apparently, RHCP were headlining a bunch of these European festivals and the headliner can hire or fire any of the other bands. Kiedis apparently doesn't like one of the guys from Mr. Bungle, who used to be in Faith No More. FNM and RHCP toured together in the early 90s, I think, and I guess there was some friction.

DangerousDan85
02-04-2003, 01:43 PM
isn't their bass player called Tick

JenRN
02-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by DangerousDan85
isn't their bass player called Tick

LMAO Dan!:lol: It is FLEA!!!! Ticks are worse than fleas anyways!!! It's Anthony that I like to watch, so much energy, Hmmmmmm:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DangerousDan85
02-04-2003, 09:33 PM
i knew it was Flea :P

faceless kiwi
02-04-2003, 09:49 PM
I've never like the chilli peppers.
But under the bridge is a cool song.

hayley
02-05-2003, 02:56 AM
The chillies lyrics in some songs are pretty gay but they have GREAT tunes...

marlsy
02-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Well I love the RHCP's!!! Have ever since they started!! They kick ass!! And I love anthony too, he is a hottie!!!:pant: They have a very diff. sound to them that I like!! And Flea is a bad ass bass player!!

JenRN
02-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Right on Marlsy!!!! I like them too, I have to be in the mood to listen to them though. I like thier different vibe they have and yeah they are obnoxious at times but oh well, the music just rocks!!! Yeah Anthony is cool, certainly not even close to being hot like Scott but yeah he is a cool guy! I do think I have something for those hot Cherokee men with hard bodies and tattoo's!!!!:P

DangerousDan85
02-06-2003, 10:40 PM
chili peppers hurt my stomach

jango
02-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Dogstar
Kiedis apparently doesn't like one of the guys from Mr. Bungle, who used to be in Faith No More.  

... Mike Patton, lead singer in both bands, also in Tomahawk, a band which opened for Tool on their last tour. That did dampen my view on the Chili Peppers, but not their music in the least; By the Way is in my top 5 albums of the year last year.

Dogstar
02-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by jango
... Mike Patton, lead singer in both bands, also in Tomahawk, a band which opened for a Tool on their last tour. That did dampen my view on the Chili Peppers, but not their music in the least; By the Way is in my top 5 albums of the year last year.

I never have bought an RHCP album, though I like a lot of their songs. I just never was inspired enough to get one of them. By The Way is a pretty song. It's not as rap-ish sounding as some of the earlier RHCP songs. I like it better when Anthony actually sings.

jango
02-06-2003, 11:05 PM
DL Can't Stop

Dogstar
02-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by jango
DL Can't Stop

Thanks, will do.