Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"MOP" and "OLB" [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "MOP" and "OLB"

Mr. Prophet Man
01-25-2003, 04:50 PM
you know, whenever I hear OLB... i sometimes think of My Own Prison because I think they pretty much have the same message. And one more thing, I think that Scott used an allusion on OLB:

OLB- I yelled back when I heard thunder
MOP- I hear a thunder in the distance... see a vision of a cross

hotforscott
01-25-2003, 07:14 PM
I don't think that they are the same. I think it's possible, but in my opinion they are about 2 different things. We will probably never know, but I think each person can interpret it their own way and that's cool, ya know? I guess I have my own little interpretation of each song in the back of my head. If you want to compare lyrics like that, it could easily be said that they are the same. Just like in "WTLF" it says, "Don't say your last breath" and in "OLB" it says. "I'm down to one last breath". It's possible that they are talking about the same thing there, it would just depend on what they consider their "last breath", but you never really know. Just my opinion.

Marty
01-25-2003, 10:11 PM
To me I think its just a sign its the same writer. Their style I guess you could say. ;)
________
Vaporizer volcano (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

DangerousDan85
01-25-2003, 11:18 PM
in WTLF he says "Don't say your last prayer"

hotforscott
01-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Does he really, I never knew that. I guess it just slipped by me when I read through the words. It's gonna take me forever to sing it the right way now, damn it.

hotforscott
01-25-2003, 11:23 PM
I just read them and it says "Don't say a last prayer" ao I guess I had it all wrong, LOL. It makes more sense to me now though. Thanks!

DangerousDan85
01-25-2003, 11:29 PM
your welcome, I have to have the booklet out when I first get a cd to understand everything. It took me awhile to figure out "Sad eyes follow me" in OLB, until I finally looked in the booklet.

Dogstar
01-26-2003, 12:17 AM
I've noticed with certain writers that certain images pop up in multiple songs. Thunder is one for Scott, and the sun is one for Jerry Cantrell/Alice In Chains. It's interesting how it can mean different things in different songs, too.

Redeemer
01-27-2003, 12:14 PM
Or, you could say, spirituality is something that comes up for Stapp a lot...can't think of specific examples right now, could someone help me out here!:embarass: :P

JenRN
01-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Redeemer
Or, you could say, spirituality is something that comes up for Stapp a lot...can't think of specific examples right now, could someone help me out here!:embarass: :P
It is not actually the word "spirituality" that comes up it is words in his lyrics like...soul, peace, love, torn, sacrifice etc.... some lyrics are so passionate like
-" there's a peace inside us all"
-"a light to free me from my burden and bring me life eternally"
-"love am i unholy"
-"thier souls are lost because they could never find what's this life for"
-"cause we all live under the reign of one king"
-"again i stand against the faceless man"

I could go on and on, I guess it is how you interpret it all, that is the beauty of it!

creeder
01-29-2003, 04:32 AM
These sentens have to opinions!! Its to different words!

JenRN
01-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by creeder
These sentens have to opinions!! Its to different words!
OK?:confused:

hotforscott
01-29-2003, 04:38 PM
I am totally lost to Jen!

TeriB19
01-29-2003, 04:42 PM
These sentens have to opinions!! Its to different words! What the hell does this sentence mean??

JenRN
01-29-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by hotforscott
I am totally lost to Jen!
Whew! thought I was having a blonde moment!!!:lol:

Redeemer
01-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Actually, Jen, I did mean the theme "spirituality", not the actual word. But yeah, that's exactly what I meant!! Thanx!